Kopasite replay sharing?

This is the only place for Elma polls on Moposite. Kuski of Month polls are also here. Read more info >>

Moderator: Moporators

Should it be possible to share replays from packs on kopasite

Poll ended at 25 Jun 2013, 19:05

Yay!
85%
Nay!
4%
Nay! and nay for the designer too
4%
I'm no pirate!
8%

Total votes: 26

Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Kopasite replay sharing?

Post by Kopaka »

Throughout the years of kopasite's interactive record system there's been multiple people suggesting/asking about a replay sharing option. I have generally been against it because it makes many people just copy the best public replay and then they won't bother with any style finding themselves. I know that's what I did most of the time on skintatious.

However having the replays of all uploaded times is a strong suit of kopasite compared to EOL, and thus maybe it should be taken more advantage of. Another thing is that it might actually encourage people to play more. If they're stuck on a level seeing a replay could encourage you to play it again.

Since the latest version/design almost 2 years ago, it's been possible to download own replays. A lot older ones are missing atm, but I have many of those, just have to add to database. It is my plan to make it possible for designers to toggle a switch that will make them able to download replays from a pack, but after switching it they can't upload times anymore for that pack, and it can't be switched back of course. So my question is wether it should be possible for a player to select replays to share publically, so that they will be downloadable for anyone from the times list.

TL:DR replay sharing option on kopasite packs yay or nay?
analcactus
Kuski

Re: Kopasite replay sharing?

Post by analcactus »

yay!
and want new edq asap
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Yay
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

This is pretty unanimous.