Internal a week -cup

This is the only place for Elma polls on Moposite. Kuski of Month polls are also here. Read more info >>

Moderator: Moporators

Would you play?

Yesh internals, I would höyl
38%
Okiz, I would cruise
22%
Fak those levs, I wouldn't play
41%

Total votes: 37

Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Internal a week -cup

Post by Orcc »

Not many mans are höyling internals nowadays. Should we start a ~year-lasting cup where every internal has one week of playing time?
jblaze
38mins club

Re: Internal a week -cup

Post by jblaze »

cool idea - cup format would surely increase interest in internals, but on the other hand - imagine kazans or other zweqs coming in and making almost-wr time in one minute. that would be quite demotivating
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i don't really get the point.
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

I voted no because first off, I never played internals and I doubt I would. But also because I think that people would lose interest after just a few weeks. Focusing hardcore on one internal after the other for a whole year. I can't imagine that would work out.

focus on externals instead :)
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

I didn't mean any world cup -serious thing. Rather something to motivate people to improve their TT's, see who's the man in their team and so on. It's quite fun when occasionally in EOL people gather into one internal for little playing sessions.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Maybe it is not that bad an idea, but I voted for "Fak those levs". Such a *yawn* reaction now that start thinking that would have to start playing those levels yet again after having höyled and lost state.dat several times during the years. Or maybe this would be exactly the thing that could motivate me playing internals one more time? Or then not. I really can't make up my mind, but what's the harm if such cup is started and is ran automatically by EOL? Of course it is forgotten pretty fast if no one gives a shit about it.
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

I wanted to vote "Fuk those" too, but after that I realized that internals are pretty cool sometimes.

I think better would be to not make it a cup, but just a prefered internal for a week. It could be written on elmaonline and IRC (just a small note, but visible) or somewhere: "this week's prefered internal is WARM UP" and people would know, that others would hoyl it too and help them with that internal.

It may not be a succesful idea, but it is worth to give it a try, i guess :)

edit: OH, OH, just got and idea. Maybe there could be some reward for making a PR in the week of selected (prefered) internal. Maybe an Achievement on elmaonline? I LOVE getting achievements :D

This system benefits newbies the most, but it is not a bad thing to bring ppls to internals. It could encourage even the best players to hoyl a bit more maybe. More likely not but maybe :D

like: http://i.imgur.com/NDAIa7R.jpg or http://i.imgur.com/VwUqyuS.jpg (btw why it is not passyble to put pics in this post?)

Or more likely an achievement for beating a target time in that week? I think "professional" times are doable for most elma ppl in a week if they give it a good try. World class time get a little bit more effort and learning (usualy) all the tricks in that internal, but it is an option too.

-> or a combination of those two (which would i prefer)! To make a professional time OR a personal best in that week to get achevement. <-

Ez meta achievements for getting PR in every internal, just first 18 internals (shareware PRs), over 1 min internals and such... ? maybe that is overthinking, tho...

jsut some shiat to discuss
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

I voted "Fak those" because I think playing internals in a cup format just can't work.
However, I do like Bludek's idea of an 'Internal of the week' type of thing, where we all play mainly one internal for that week and help each other with styles.
And it doesn't have to be in order either. It could be an internal that hasn't got much love and attention in a while.
Fruitós
Kuski

Post by Fruitós »

Bludek's idea sounds cool :D
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

Bludek wrote: -> or a combination of those two (which would i prefer)! To make a professional time OR a personal best in that week to get achevement. <-...
I did choose bad wording there. I've meant to get a pro time, or if you already have a pro time, get a better time than that.

So beating professional target time for majority of players OR beating their own time, if you have already beated that target (in order to get achievement).
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I like the ideas, wether it's an actual cup or some sort of highlighted internal of the week, the big issue is promoting it and motivating people to care. Stuff like achievements can be a good motiver to some, but actually making those is so annoying, not that it's hard really, just requires a lot of data processing. Haven't really found a good solution for that.
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

idk, let's just make today the week of int 01 and we'll see how it works :) Ez make next int very diff, but this is obv choise.

At least I will try to make pr in WU, if noone else!
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

I want trophies whenever I beat any pr in a week. Such bad nowadays :(

Anyway sounds like a nice idea. Don't need much planning or anything. Also good way to bring new people into internals and discuss about the levels, fps, styles etc.
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Very good ideas.
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Achievements and target times sound like a nice addition. I guess Kopaka should be the one starting this if we only do a plain cup with nothing more than a point system. It is true that marketing can be tough, maybe should have some binus mention on EOL site front page.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Orcc wrote:[...]a plain cup with nothing more than a point system.[...]
I don't see the point in this. Why use a point system?
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

That would give at least a little motivation without requiring any fancy stuff to be added. After all Elma is a competitive game, I don't think anyone would play if there weren't any top lists.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Everyone has their own top10 list 8)

I love to see internal fads come and go in EOL. Sometimes out of nowhere 10 people are hoyling a level for days, just because at some point you asked one other person for help on that lev. But maybe it's something that happens naturally, and wouldn't work well if forced, I dunno..
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Igge wrote:Everyone has their own top10 list 8)

I love to see internal fads come and go in EOL. Sometimes out of nowhere 10 people are hoyling a level for days, just because at some point you asked one other person for help on that lev. But maybe it's something that happens naturally, and wouldn't work well if forced, I dunno..
I'm one of those Internal fags, when I see someone play an internal I usually go spy or play it myself aswell. It's fun and motivating seeing other play or spy.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

plz make it from next year, but each week random internal, obv last will be the one left