All times are UTC [ DST ]

When should we arrange RDC2?
Now before September (including FEM time) 70%  70%  [ 7 ]
Later in the winter after Master Räcer 3 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 10
 Post subject: Date for ReDesign Cup v2
PostPosted: 7 Jul 2015, 09:41 
Moporator

Idiot System will arrange a new ReDesign Cup. The concept will be new, so it won't be just previous cup style redesign for OLP levs or something.

The question is: shall we have it now before nIN's MR3 begins (we have seven weeks starting from next Monday, also FEM will take place during this) or later in the winter?

PostPosted: 7 Jul 2015, 09:44 
Kuski

If you have time to arrange it early, I vote for the first option. It would flesh out FEM activity and I think we need that. But if that means it'll be rushed, do it later.

Anyway, I remember some redesign cup ideas bouncing around on IRC so I'm stoked. =))

PostPosted: 7 Jul 2015, 11:39 
Kuski

I hope the rules will be restrictive enough. When I looked at the redesigned internals, I was very disappointed by how it was always same speedloops with tiny polys made for convenient volting and stuff. Basically, the solution was always the same with very very few surprises. I think tight restrictions like "you only have 20 vertices to add" or something would spark a lot more creativity.

PostPosted: 7 Jul 2015, 12:20 
Kuski

kuchitsu wrote:
I hope the rules will be restrictive enough. When I looked at the redesigned internals, I was very disappointed by how it was always same speedloops with tiny polys made for convenient volting and stuff. Basically, the solution was always the same with very very few surprises. I think tight restrictions like "you only have 20 vertices to add" or something would spark a lot more creativity.

Yeh, I agree. I actually think a similar idea as in my inspiration lev pack could work; giving at least some polygons you must use.

PostPosted: 7 Jul 2015, 12:31 
39mins club

I can imagine it being really cool with very slight redesigns, like "delete one apple from intXX", and "remove one polygon from intYY etc. We'll see. Sounds fun!

PostPosted: 7 Jul 2015, 13:05 
35mins club

I hope it will still concern only internals! :beer:

PostPosted: 7 Jul 2015, 19:52 
Moporator

The first cup ended up being quite speedloopish, but this sequel hopefully has a little more variance and at least it has higher emphasis on playing. Yes, there also are many different redesigning ideas which can be used in the possible future cups.

So far there are not many votes, but I take it as people don't mind about the time (either that, or nobody is interested). There's a slight edge on the quick start votes though, so big chances are that this cup will start on Monday 13.7.!

PostPosted: 7 Jul 2015, 19:59 
Kuski

An autolev event could be fun (edit the lev so that it finishes itself without you pressing anything).
Or some random rules like "you're allowed to draw stuff in the left part of the level but not in the right part".
And something crazy like a totally broken lev that you have to "untangle" but you're only allowed to move a limited amount of vertices (some kind of a puzzle).

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2015, 11:03 
Kuski

kuchitsu wrote:
And something crazy like a totally broken lev that you have to "untangle" but you're only allowed to move a limited amount of vertices (some kind of a puzzle).

This.