Paprika records

Everything about Moposite. Wishes for new sections / updates etc. Please tell all bugs, errors you've found. Help us.

Moderator: Moporators

Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Paprika records

Post by Abula »

Since coding a new Records section is getting closer we decided to open a topic for public idea discussion. It's much easier for us to implement the ideas before the main coding than after it's ready. I didn't use much time to structure the ideas so don't bother of that.

Uploading new times
- upload a state.dat and select the name you use in it
- get a preview window of your new times where you can add replays next to times and select whether the replay will be public or private (accessable only you, admins and maybe some group of players selected by yourself), you don't have to upload replays at all (the replays will be a proof for legal times)
- you can modify the driven dates of the times (back to one week or something like that)
- no times are remoted so when you drive new best times and upload them the database grows for that level for you
- entire top10 is added to database

Getting personal report
- after the upload is done you receive a personal report of how your places improved in lists (these reports will be visible for other players as well), did you improve in world total times list, got more TRs etc

Viewing times
- you can select what's the period of showing new times as highlighted, options could be 1 day, 1 week, 1 month or something like that
- each time has a validity indicator: public replay, private replay, no replay; if the time has a public replay it can be taken as 98% legal, if private replay as 90% etc.
- you have several ways to view times: sorted by levels, players, teams, nations, cities, continents, dates
- times have nice iconds next to them if they are: WR, PR (personal), TR (team), FINR (finnish record) etc, EUR (european record) etc, SWR (seasonal wr), SPR (seasonal personal record), SFINR, SEUR etc
- some lists are more detailed than others

Different groups
- players can be sorted by different groups and they will be at least: team, city, nationality. maybe also continent, friends group and customizable groups

Statistics and history
- everything
- graphs

Average times
- because we allow top10 we can make average times as well
- also averages of top20, top100, top1000 will be possible to have IF the player has uploaded enough times per level, let's see who will be the first having 1000 warm up finishes?

Extra
- multi times will be added as well
- seosonal times: will be reset every 1. Jan. because we allow several state.dats this is possible. if you want to get seasonal times but cant beat your own top10 you can always create a new state.dat and start playing to it. if you get accidently better times to this state.dat they can be merged
- state.dat back-up, the system creates one for you
- you can compare wrs to team records, to personal seasonal records, to everything
- we will convert old times from old records system to new
- not sure how WRs should be handled, maybe updated only once per week as it's now. the system would hide them until the update time.
- team/city records must be driven when belonging to that group, so if you change teams your old times are not moved to new team but you must drive new ones (if wanted to team recods)
- frozen times: season records will be frozen after the season is over, if you got 2004 season WR, no one can beat it in 2005

Ok, now your time to give feedback. And all this will be very hard to code and get working but still fairly easy to use. Don't expect much for near future (let's say one year).
Last edited by Abula on 25 Nov 2007, 20:54, edited 3 times in total.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Lee
37mins club

Re: Paprika records

Post by Lee »

woah, this is a very nice, very useful idea. i hope it's ready soon.
keep up :)
Abula wrote:who will be the first having 1000 warm up finishes?
more like, who will be the first to get 1000 world class times on all levels? am i right? huh? :o
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Leeland wrote:
Abula wrote:who will be the first having 1000 warm up finishes?
more like, who will be the first to get 1000 world class times on all levels? am i right? huh? :o
Won't happen in this decade at least.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Sla
36mins club
Team: SpEF

Post by Sla »

Very nice. It would be very good!
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Added something about frozen times.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

So u say if we wanna get a top100 in one lvl... we need to make new state.dats and play a top10 on it.. and upload it.. and do it again and again ad again... until u have some 500*.dat's in ure elma folder?

or u mean.. if i upload my current state.dat it will be my top10.. and next time i upload my state it addes to that old top10 list?

hope u understand what i just wrote :?
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Practically yes (the first one) but you don't have to save the .dats locally. Once the times are in Moposite database the state.dats can be generated there, if needed.

However, this state.dat reset thing might not be the best idea. We need to think it more. Eventhough seasonal times sound so nice (state.dat is compulsory there, but once in a year would be tolerable).
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

All in all, the idea of making the records section more flexible sounds like one of the best things of the new paprika improvements so far, and that is really something, because the new players section is quite amazing aswell.

I hope vk can cope with all those ideas you wrote down, they seem like a lot and hard to code.
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I think this is a max idea :)

But I don't think I'll have the spirit to hoyl sach.... :?
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

would be nice to see, how many records you have on top10, top20 etc.. ez make some statistics?
Seize the day
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I want to see- best times in a lev OVERALL players ENTIRE top tens included in the TOP 100! So maybe a player has several times from their top ten in the top 100, so we can compare if someone (like me) would.
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

bah you could just cheat hōyled top-10
39:37,91
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

Is it only me or does the Records section slowly become as obsolete as the WR table in elastomania.com?

I mean, I don't even care if the new system is not ready yet (who am I fooling, it won't ever be ready) - just update the goddamn times, even in the oldschool Records page. A gap of 5 months between biweekly record updates is just irrational for an active scene. Where's all the competition for "best kuski in the world"? The rivalry between countries? The personal satisfaction in pwning some countrymates or advancing through top100 lists? It's all fading out. Competition is fading out.

With all due respect, if the moposite is incapable of maintaining such a list, then it shall be moved to some other place, where it'll be taken care of and updated regularly.

And please spare me all those "be patient" replys. My comment here is all about not having to be patient for a simple thing such as records update.
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

WkE wrote:Is it only me or does the Records section slowly become as obsolete as the WR table in elastomania.com?

I mean, I don't even care if the new system is not ready yet (who am I fooling, it won't ever be ready) - just update the goddamn times, even in the oldschool Records page. A gap of 5 months between biweekly record updates is just irrational for an active scene. Where's all the competition for "best kuski in the world"? The rivalry between countries? The personal satisfaction in pwning some countrymates or advancing through top100 lists? It's all fading out. Competition is fading out.

With all due respect, if the moposite is incapable of maintaining such a list, then it shall be moved to some other place, where it'll be taken care of and updated regularly.

And please spare me all those "be patient" replys. My comment here is all about not having to be patient for a simple thing such as records update.
fukkin well said
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Well there is other sites already, sites such as http://vk0.dk/elmatimes.php are pretty much as good, with national tt lists ect. Ppl just need to start using the same one(s) and remember to update their times.
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

I think for tt update stats compare site better than all others. State.dat upload is fine and useless.http://stats.elastomania.ru/ Also i would be happy too when moposite refresh.
Team SPEED

Sla
36mins club
Team: SpEF

Post by Sla »

Come on Kopa and Labs, cant compare with an out of date elma page (ok Moposite is this now) but Moposite is Moposite.
Hx
Kuski

Post by Hx »

Sla wrote: Moposite is Moposite.
i say we just sit tight until this new self-service site like "stats.elastomania.whateverthefuckitis" comes on cos it will be sweeeet... pretty sure the moposite is just as much part of elma as those red apples and the flower...

... and the motorbike man haha

p.s be patient :lol:

p.p.s just jokes settle down :oops:
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

elmasite is good for comparing times with stats and wrs. would be better if more ppl would submit times, cause then you would have more guys to compare times with. :0
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Crazy
The Höylä

Post by Crazy »

I agree with most of what's said above though we all live with elma as a hobby. So - it's easy to see why their might be a slow progress. But since moposite has recieved A LOT of donations I can't see anything that justifies THIS delay. It's a shame and I honestly think that those who have donated should get their money back.

Elastomania might be quite a (for some HUGE) social resource - but we all began to play for the fun in competing with better times.. I don't give a fuck wether kuski gallery or some dictionary is finished or not.. Most people do visit Moposite for the records and to download and compete on great levels.

Fix that please, I really hate to see the page deteriorating. You've created this phenomenon with moposite intentionally, you really can't deny that and I've said this before: There are a lot of people here who like to contribute. Don't just let it slip. Is it really that hard? Do you have to master Finish? (ok - that was the Ironic part).

But it's all shatefak and strange updates..

My opinions..

edit: and mila - stop being such stupid and keep it on topic. Everybody loves you for your contributions.
Last edited by Crazy on 2 Nov 2007, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
ARTISTRY is in the eye of the Beholder -||- TT Höylä Mission: 10.48.43 -||- Best Times: Tutorial1 -||- höylä
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Totally agree with Crazy.

Records should be priority #1. I don't think so many people have read the glossary and all those knowledge articles (though quite interesting). Most people (like me) just love to compare statistics about records and their placement in the world (comparing with others and stuff).

Only one manual update until the new system is done would be very satisfying and would make the whole scene gain some patience.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i believe its pretty hard to do any stuff for years, no matter if you have time for that or not, there isn't always time for development and its kinda annoying to do updates on old versions
thats the case of moposite, ballelma, ... it's a hobby for everyone, you can't expect everybody to do everything on time
delay may become months or years easily
[carebox]
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

mila - thats exactly why someone active and motivated should take care of the records section. Of course I don't expect that a specific someone will manage these lists forever, it's against human nature. This is a job for a frequently-rotating crew. And now is the time to rotate this crew, to give the job to someone who's ambitious and has some free time.

I know Abula is working on all kinds of future plans for paprika, but it doesn't mean that everything else has to freeze in the meanwhile.
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

damez need to find someone skilled and motivated to do the rest of ez updates for ballelma
[carebox]
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

We have found one new potential guy: Klaus. He has gotten an access to SVN repository a few weeks ago, hopefully he will understand the system eventually. It's not a easy job to step in a project of this kind.

The main reason for lack of records updates in the old system is that people are not sending in their states. There are some now so I can update the lists this week.

About the donatios: money is needed just to run the site. We are not making updates or develop the site against money. For those we have our jobs.

I'm terrible sorry it's taking so much time but what can I do? I'm not lazy if you wanted to know that. When you are making web sites 12h day for normal job and school it's a tough decission to select: sport / social life / Moposite. But be sure that I have chose and will choose occasionally Moposite too.
Raven
Moporator

Post by Raven »

yes, i really understand you, Lassi Heikkinen.

But are you thinking about getting your TT under 40 too?? ;d
Seize the day
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Infrequent updates are what make the Moposite successful. And I mean that in the longevity sense as much as the financial. Nobody in the Moposite team has ever for one second asserted that there is any democratic element to the operation (best example: SveinR doctoring KOM polls at his discretion), and anybody under that impression is ill-informed. So that invalidates the premise of this pathetic argument from the outset.

But more importantly, the simple fact is they can't afford to update it often. Not because it costs too much money, but because it costs too much credibility. If they kept the Records page up-to-date, along with the Articles, the Glossary, the Replays, etc. the entire scene itself would gather a dangerous momentum. People like dz and Karlis would not be pleased. For the ultra-cautious Finnish mentality to be appeased, progress must come at a very conservative rate. To imply that one should disturb this equilibrium is to jeopardize the apathetic essence that has been the elixir of the scene.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

SHUT THE FUCK UP CUNT.

The average human cannot register (in one go) a sentence with more than 4 adjectives.

That aside, you have a point: I'll sum it up.

"Infrequent updates = good"
dorTrus
Kuski

other sites

Post by dorTrus »

Excuse me for some advertising, but recently Maska completed job of translating elastonania.club site into english version, so i think that everybody who want to update his times immeadetly and to see automaticly generated statistics could easily register on http://club.elastomania.ru/eng/
So, welcome =)
Mary-Jane Racers
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
TT 47:5x:xx / OLP TT 29:0x:xx
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

[quote="Abula"

The main reason for lack of records updates in the old system is that people are not sending in their states. There are some now so I can update the lists this week.

[/quote]

Don't get me wrong, im absolutely patient, but i'd just like to point out the reason for this.

the main reason for lack of states sent in is because people don't bother - why send in your state when it won't get updated anyways?

we need something like Skintatious to run records, fully automated system =P
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

SmaXa wrote:we need something like Skintatious to run records, fully automated system =P
and i guess that's what they're actually so busy with...
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

Question: will you transfer all the existing data from the old (current) records section to the new one?

I mean, thats a lot of retired players :?
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

- we will convert old times from old records system to new
Read...
Team SPEED

John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Sounds all fancy in the first post, but all I really want for starters is the core features. Uploading state, getting TT-list and top10s. It has already been done in for example stats.elastomania.ru. I know you (Abula) is close to graduation so I'm not expecting you to take a look at this right now but damn, it has been what, 4 years now? It's killing the internalscene :x Only WR-players get recognition once in a while (WR-updates are quite rare as well), others can't see their progress and orka hoyl in the dark.
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Totally agree to John, i wanted to be in that world TT list since i started playing elma. I worked hard to climb my way up in the list and finally when i had good enough to place myself there i never got my times updated, i recall sending in maybe 4 times?
Gave up many years ago now though.
Now i can get some attention, if not records are updated 1 month after i send in so it is already beaten by someone else at next update.
Please work on this site and keep it up-to-date, would indeed be better for internalist-world!
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

I read this entire topic, I've never been worrying about this before because I've not been playing internals so much. Recently though I gave myself a goal to make 39 tt, but that's not important here:

I agree with almost everything which has been said in this topic. Abula and the rest of you working on this, I am willing to wait another four years, as long as you are sure it will be done. It's the not knowing that is eating at me. You guys put it so nicely. An active game need it's active website, quick! Hoyling in the dark might make us great bats but it won't show us the aristocats!
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

ABULA = PLATINI

anyone got teh?
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

abruzzi wrote:ABULA = PLATINI

anyone got teh?
Used to be good player and cared about the scene and now is indeed famous, but actually does nothing? no offence, just thinking.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

I know this and I'm sorry. I feel very disappointed at myself but what can I do? I simply don't have time anymore.

I'm pretty sure I'm one of those people who are most disappointed at the situation. I don't want to lose the records scene etc. They are important to me.

I'm moving to other town this month and might have to quit my day-job so theoretically I will have time. But on the second hand I need another job to earn money for livings. To be honest I would need salary to work for Moposite. That's is sad but true.

At this situation I try to update Records once in while and also move stuff from old Moposite to new one. Unfortunately even that seems to be too hard. Coding PHP/SQL records system is a lot of work.

At the moment my visio of the Moposite is this:
- somehow integrate old times, levels and replays with EOL (or other cool systems) so no need to manually update them anymore (I don't know if this is possible...)
- simplify Paprika: keep News, Community, Stuff
- arrange meetings again

If that could be done, I guess we would be very happy. Maybe one-year full-time working would be needed? I have coded PHP for last 1.5 years in work so I have some skills myself too now.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

of course you have time

anyway, theres many enthusiastic kuskis who are decent or at least ok at the PHP, MySQL + other shit like HTML, CSS. Either you recruit these kuskis to work together and remake moposite or you officially announce that records will never be automatic on moposite so these enthusiastic kuskis can start their own project/site
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

I can provide old data yes. But I think we shouldn't have 10 different sites but just a few at max. If there is someone willing to do the job (big one), he can contact me at lassi at pulu dot org.

Firsts step would be making the design how to integrate EOL data with old data. There should a way to upload WRs in old way too but EOL records could have some "proven" icon next to them. Of course I would like to see the Records in Moposite because it's still the main site.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Kopaka is converting old data to new system. After the data is there and the system is running somehow, we can start thinking the features.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

That's very nice to hear, Thank you for the effort.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Moposite fighting!
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »

Heh, I found about this today, so Im to late. But doesn't matter if the new system is comming up in near future anyway.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The update came earlier than I expected... me like! Good to hear the new system might be up fairly soon too. Props to Kopaka for taking on such a project. The scene is supporting you fully dude :)
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Some bugs so far:

A russian (Mika) is in the swedish TT list.

Lots of missing logos on the WR table.

My full team history should be "ElmaCo", "AC", "WNO" in that order.
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

My teams history is none, [TR] then [SV]
I don't know why but my team has never been listed in Teams page, only secret url works: http://paprika.moposite.com/team/SV

I'm not in Canadian records for some reasons. Yes, I sent my state.dat in earlier records updates.
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Bjorn and bjorn2 are obviously the same
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat