my best lvl

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

squiike
Kuski

my best lvl

Post by squiike »

i made one with a new editor, so on this lvl you can drive on the pictures....lotsa picture driving altså! 8)

download "andreasn.lvl" from http://www.mxb.dk/index.php

enjoy, and feedback please :D
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

just so u know... u can just copy link location and paste it here... like this

http://mxb.dk/upload/Andreasn.lev <--

Edit:
Playability is low in this level for sure.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
squiike
Kuski

Post by squiike »

Xiphias wrote: Playability is low in this level for sure.
really? but why? not enough flow?

could you refer to levels you like, cause i need more to play
Cerasti
Kuski

Post by Cerasti »

Ok, I'm going to give you some constructive criticism. First of all, remove the hanging plants, they're burning my eyes. Secondly, picture driving isn't fun. Pictures are supposed to be in the background, and many elma players are used to that, so we don't know what we can go through and what is solid ground. The navigation map also gets destroyed, and very hard to understand quickly. My suggestion is that you should scrap the picture driving and add some grass instead.

Looking forward to see what you can come up with Squiike!
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

sach better chance to complete the level with low video detail... (no pictures)

agree with what said before + i'd advise you to avoid invisible polygons and giant loops (not that you've done it, but just a tip), they're mainly associated with n00bs and it has a good reason + well done for actually finishing that lev with a pretty nice time :P
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
squiike
Kuski

Post by squiike »

Cerasti wrote:picture driving isn't fun.
what!? :lol:

ok...i like it more trials like so. i understand the picture thing but i want the jungle feel so it cant be all that order and constant understanding of what to do

anyways nice feedback, here is another and the last, then i wont bother you guys no more :)

http://www.mxb.dk/upload/Andreas.lev
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Well, i think 99% of elma players would like to know what they are doing...
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
squiike
Kuski

Post by squiike »

but everything cant require uber nerd trix to have fun with levels, there got to be some adventure levels too, where you drive through jungles, cities and other stories..i'm not saying mine was but those graphic ones should be welcomed too
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

squiike wrote:but everything cant require uber nerd trix to have fun with levels, there got to be some adventure levels too, where you drive through jungles, cities and other stories..i'm not saying mine was but those graphic ones should be welcomed too
Bartek made once a HUGE adventure level with grass, pictures, hidden words etc., and believe me that we all enjoyed it mainly because it was playable.

From my levelmaking experience, elma and reallife scenes don't go well together... :/
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
Daggy
Kuski

Post by Daggy »

squiike wrote:but everything cant require uber nerd trix to have fun with levels, there got to be some adventure levels too, where you drive through jungles, cities and other stories..i'm not saying mine was but those graphic ones should be welcomed too
Ehh... Its no jungle feeling at all in your level. And all the hangs are making me crazy! and if you need hangs, place them so that you can't see the upper edge. Well... Im sorry but i think your lvl suck...

If you wanna see som nice jungle levels, download the level of the month levels with jungle theme.
To live is to die... For a kuski.