MasterRacerII: Pair Play

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Re: MasterRacerII: Pair Play

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I tried to upload my rec and lev file but i got this message:
This lev was not a MRII level! Please try again with a different file.

I will try to download level again and make better time but, i just wanted to know if there's a problem with the script or if i just suck.

EDIT: I was thinking it might have to do with the fact that level 09 doesn't possess A nor B at the end of level file name. Maybe your script doesn't consider the level.
Last edited by The_BoneLESS on 28 Nov 2008, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

nIN can you pm me your email address. Word.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

The_BoneLESS wrote:I tried to upload my rec and lev file but i got this message:
This lev was not a MRII level! Please try again with a different file.

I will try to download level again and make better time but, i just wanted to know if there's a problem with the script or if i just suck.

EDIT: I was thinking it might have to do with the fact that level 09 doesn't possess A nor B at the end of level file name. Maybe your script doesn't consider the level.
You are right, it's easy for me to fix, hopefully you still have the level with the original time? I will fix it now.

EDIT: I did it, it should work now. Sorry for this guys.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Deadline Countdown
Hour(s) Day(s)
1471 61.29

61 days left? Boneless you get the deadline extended? hehe
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

It's because the month changed, will fix it now. Deadline is tomorrow at 2200 GMT+1
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

I think that's 1:00 am my time. Sorry but I won't be able to be on Mirc that day unless I just leave it on and look at it later.
Religious Man
||
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Well, Are you guys satisfied with your times? Maybe I could have it a little earlier then.
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

ya I am. Not going to have time to play it over the next 2 days anyway. I am just curious about a time that may work better though cause got class tonight. That or maybe you could just update me on what's being said somehow via email and I will reply on there.
Religious Man
||
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Sure, I could copy the IRC channel and send it to you on mail. I'll use the mail you registered for this cup with.
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

sounds good and maybe you could post any replys I send by email on the MIRC channel.

Thanks nIN
Religious Man
||
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Will do! We'll keep in touch. Add my msn if you have one, it'll be easier that way.
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

no msn at work.
Religious Man
||
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

By the way, Memphis, if you live in BC, then you are at GMT-8, do 22:00 at GMT+1 = 13:00 at GMT-8 (and 16:00 for me :wink: )
:mrhat:
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I really don't know if i'll improve again.

might have a little time tomorrow morning to hoyl like 30 minutes.

good luck memphis, hopefully we'll get a tie ;)
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Good luck to you as well boneless. Probably no need for a last minute holya as you probably got it in the bank as is. Anyway I really do hope we tie. Would be max funny and make even more work and decision making for nIN probably (poor guy). hehe
Religious Man
||
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Don't forget people, #MRII tonight! 2200 gmt+1
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

wander who will win. can't be there though, but ill be sure to read the lauta announcement :x
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Will post url, speech and everything here tomorrow. It takes a lot of time to upload the movie. Until then: Hold on to your horses!
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

MRII Has come to an end!

Okay, I know many of you out there are wondering what's happening. "No results yet? wtf?" I wanted to publish the winner in the movie which I'm making for MRII, and especially since the battle between Memphis and Boneless was so tight and exciting to watch I didn't want to spoil the excitement by announcing a winner yet. The video is currently on 75% uploaded, and it's been uploading all night. It must be done by the time I return from school tonight so I will add a url to it then.

Anyways, last night a discussion and my speech was held on #MRII. Here's a copy of my speech:

So, yet another contest has been successfully held in this Elasto Mania scene. This time thirtyfour players entered, and only one came out standing. Who is he? Well, he's either Boneless or Memphis. To be sure you need to download the video I made, or read it from the MRII site later tonight. (www.creapple.se/MRII)

Both Memphis and Boneless are very good candidates for winners. They've been the most active pair throughout the cup, they've sent in times for every event and I remember saying to Memphis early on in the cup: "If a pair is just active then they will have a good chance of winning". They were and they had. Were active and they had a good chance of winning. Ali who was k0xx partner didn't send in for the last events and this made the goldmedal pretty secure on the Canadians laps. In the end, they won with a nearly 1600 points difference.

The concept of a pair play was a new one to this scene, and I think it went pretty well. There were players trying to take advantage of the trust-factor (the fact that I needed to trust the people who entered the cup), but they were detected and eliminated. I am very thankful to the people who helped me detect these cheaters who will be mentioned later.

And though the period in which the MRII was held has been relatively heavy for me - school has sucked every piece of energy from me - it has been supported by this cup and it's participators. Players like

Boneless[HHIT], Memphis[HHIT], k0xx[_._], Orcc, Ali[_._], psy, axxu[AC], talli[EPO], NopeX[MoE], Labs[EF], FinMan[NK], Mawane[TR], Adam, Eve, Devin, Chip[EA], barryp, Pab, tubby, Jay_Palme[APoKu], igge[TWO], DaFred[APoKu], Cap[27], nick-o-matic, roope, ExTeC[27], adi[EF], Kopaka[LAME], Raven[EPO], Ithal

But also other players, who did not participate but helped in other ways:

SveinR, milagros and zworqy for helping me detecting the cheaters, Coc0k[27] (Zorden) and Inferno (Vodim) - I can't thank them enough. Imagine if a set of cheaters would've won my own cup, eh.
Kopaka, for helping me with the MRII video and for keeping the #MRII channel alive throughout the entire cup - it wouldn't have been as good as it was if it wasn't for you!
Xiphias and many others who did not play, but supported the cup by visiting the #MRII channel, discussing the cup etc.
And of course, I love all of you who complimented my levels!

I'm not sure when MR3 will come, or if it will come. I'm currently suffering from the computer's effects on me. I've been spending a little too much time on the computer while arranging MRII, and I need a break. For now all I can say is thank you for giving me such an experience as this! I will keep in touch with many of you!

Again, the video and official announcement will come later tonight! The site will be updated then too.
Coc0k
39mins club

Post by Coc0k »

nice speech!
ez 500 sms
welle
Kuski

Post by welle »

Nice video! I really liked to see the last battle without knowing the result. Well done, both Memphis and BoneLESS. Especially grats to the winner. I won't spoil and hope other won't do either. Thanks niN for the well organised cup, I'm looking forward to MR3 =)
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

The video is up and running!

http://www.creapple.se/MRII/MRII.avi It's 1,22 GB and 17 minutes long. Pretty good quality.

Hopefully it'll be enjoyable. I will announce on the MRII site who won tonight at 2200, so until then if people could nat spoil to others I would be thankful :)
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Holy smoke, never thought of Memphis' style in last level 8O
I was like : "What the hell is he doing? Where is he going? FUCCKK! What is this?!"

Anyway, awesome cup nin! Great organization, truly awesome levels. One of the best cup i ever participated in ever!
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

one of the best cups ever, although i didn't play :P speech was great ;)
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

oh wow, boneless, funny thing is I thought of your style like every hour I played the level but was like not sure how it can be completed fast. I see now how it can be. your end I was like wtf is he doing. haha Damn good video and well worth the wait; great songs too. Here was my speech I sent nIN yesterday to post on Mirc:

Ok. Just wanted to say hey to everyone in the channel and sorry I couldn't be there. Work commitments. I put a fair bit of holyaing into this last level and hopefully you guys enjoy the replay. I found the MRII09 level very fun to play as well as the majority of the levels in this cup.

I'd like to thank Boneless for his help throughout the cup with style finding and motivating. I'd especially like to thank nIN for hosting such a great cup with great levels and such and original idea. It is new ideas like this cup that keeps the game interesting and makes the scene more active. It was also a great part on nIN's behalf to further investigate the cheaters that were present in the cup. Some people would have just sluffed off the acquisitions but he took it into his hands to figure out what happened. Thanks nIN!

Anyway, I can't wait to see the video.
Religious Man
||
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Thanks guys! It makes me really happy to hear that you liked the video and I'm thrilled you consider this cup so good!
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

There it is! All updated. http://www.creapple.se/MRII

It's now officially over! Again, big thanks to you all :)

EDIT: Read Boneless speech!
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

I egarly await MRIII. Thanks again nIN!
Religious Man
||
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Thanks to nIN too, grats to the winner! =)

Was the first cup I patricipated, and even tho me and nom got eliminated in so early phase, I still enjoyed it very much. o/
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Coc0k
39mins club

Post by Coc0k »

bugs:
event4a. talli's rec is slower than memphis's but description says other.
titles: very long.
ez 500 sms
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Coc0k wrote:bugs:
It says:

talli[EPO] 4478
Memphis[HHIT]4404

titles very long??
Coc0k
39mins club

Post by Coc0k »

niN wrote:
Coc0k wrote:bugs:
It says:

talli[EPO] 4478
Memphis[HHIT]4404

titles very long??
sory. in movie 4404 is like as 4484
i meaned titles after movie
ez 500 sms
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

okay, I didn't bother to fix the last titles because the only time that it leaves the screen is on the total standings. And it's only a few decimals that leaves it anyways.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Gratz to Winner (=D)

well done to both of you, epic cup.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

i really dont wanna download whole 1 gb, could you upload on youtube ar make a 100mb max video?
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

no? ftw
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

mawane, he has a dedicated server for it. It only took me 50 min to download and was pumping out 575kbs. Damn rights.
Religious Man
||
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

19 minutes to download with ~1.2 Mt/s 8D
Najs video o/
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

how you pulling off that kinda speed? you got a T1 network at home?
Religious Man
||
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

Memphis wrote:mawane, he has a dedicated server for it. It only took me 50 min to download and was pumping out 575kbs. Damn rights.
i dont understand, it tooks me 42min and my transfer rate was about 500 kb/sec
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Mawane wrote:
Memphis wrote:mawane, he has a dedicated server for it. It only took me 50 min to download and was pumping out 575kbs. Damn rights.
i dont understand, it tooks me 42min and my transfer rate was about 500 kb/sec
it's pretty simple. really.

still, can't watch teh movie without lag on this nab comp, and can't watch recs either, so i still have no idea about the winning style and recs etc. however i promise i will make a najs review of this cup when i'm able to do so.
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

time to update the nab computer i think Igge
Religious Man
||
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

na, old comp broke down, and atm searching for parts for my new computer, which is kinda hard when you dont have a computer to search with at home.
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

Congratulations to boneLESS, Memphis and niN! :beer:

By the way, Memphis, you lost because you didn't want to hire me as a nabspy on boneLESS :wink:
:mrhat:
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

it's because you were charging to much.
Religious Man
||
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Just wanted to let the winners know that I'm working on the prize. I haven't forgotten about yall. Ali and k0xx still haven't sent their addresses though.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

haha, good to hear!

Can't wait to see a package coming from Sweden arriving at my house :wink:
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

ya, I'll frame my certificate right next to my girlfriends degree.

By the way leet post: 1337.
Religious Man
||
western
Kuski

Post by western »

stay there! ;)
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

http://www.pokalhuset.se/catalog/popup_ ... hp?pID=229

Your medals, it'll have the inscription: "MRII" in the circle, and your name on the back I think.