World Cup 6

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

that would be a sick prize is winner wears a yellow jersey with a crown or something.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

I would not like wcup 6 yet for some time. Am planning something myself and this would totally ruin my plans.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

like some sort of Cup Nin or something personal?
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

don't worry nin, can't imagine this coming anytime sooner than several seasons.
Costya
Kuski

Post by Costya »

The_BoneLESS wrote:
Xiphias wrote:and big prizes too..
Maybe the russians dude will start playing our cups :wink: (no offense to anyone)
=)
it's return to my dc3 bragging?

btw. russian dudes always plays our cups =)
especially cups like world cup.

btw2. it will be really nice if wc6 will be in near future. i'd already started to make levs
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

I thought it was just Darmod that played wcups. never seen anpdad or other good russians play.
Religious Man
||
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Memphis wrote:I thought it was just Darmod that played wcups. never seen anpdad or other good russians play.
ANpDaD came 10th in WCup512, and Kuper came 9th in WCup501 and 3rd in WCup510.
Russia came 9th in total standings.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I expected abula to post that.
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

SveinR wrote:The top10 always gets diplomas as well.
Are you sure?

Im boycotting any potential wcup 6 if I haven't received my diploma for wcup 5 before it starts!

YES. THAT'S ONE HELL OF A THREAT RIGHT THERE :twisted:
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Re: World Cup 6

Post by The_BoneLESS »

well well well,

i am bringing this debate up again!
almost a year passed since we last talked about it.

paprika still hasn't seemed to have changed much (maybe some work is being done but, i don't see nothing new from my user point of view) so, i am asking myself if this cup will ever live.

Will it stop existing like LOM and KOM? i don't know but i sure hope not.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

if it did happen, i think more people would participate than in any of the previous cups.
God Bless America
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I reiterate my request of starting to debate about WC6.

Lots of contests at the moment, and some just ended so, no need to rush world cup 6 but, i just want the scene to talk about it a bit.

I have noticed that Abula is pretty much absent from the scene, if not completly. Anyone from scandinavia spoke to him recently? Where is he? Back in army? Or simply having a very occupied life?

I understand many people wanted paprika to be finished before we get into WC issues but, seems to me that the project is too ambitious for 1 man.

Anyway, please discuss the matter.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

EZ START WC6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

ya can someone at moposite possible temporarily take over abula's position and update the records table ocassionally as well as start world cup 6. Maybe as well send me my state.dat so I don't have to holya gay levels that I already dominated.
Religious Man
||
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Memphis wrote:ya can someone at moposite possible temporarily take over abula's position and update the records table ocassionally as well as start world cup 6.
When will people learn that Abula has nothing to do with World Cups.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

im glad that boneless keeps bringing this up periodically. i dont know who runs the World Cups, perhaps it is px, but nonetheless, i dont see any reason why someone other than the traditional organizer cant take charge in making the cup, seeing as the older organizer doesnt participate anymore. ive only been a spectator of the world cups thus far, but it would be nice to compete in the next one if it happens.
God Bless America
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

zebra is a member of moposite community, he could maybe be in charge of it when it'll be announced
he has much experience about cups and some chat with px to explain some thing would be probably necessary
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

because we don't want to step on anyone's toes that's why no one else runs it. And when I say abula running it i mean the moposite staff aka (px, abula, svienr)
Religious Man
||
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Abula is studying, px is studing, zebra has graduated. Let's see what happens. All of them are active.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

Lukazz wrote:EZ START WC6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't quite understand your point. Can you be more clear please?

By the way, I would like a new world cup so I can kick all your asses! :D
Seriously, I would like to participate to a cup someday, even if I am the worst of worst.
:mrhat:
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

Memphis wrote:because we don't want to step on anyone's toes that's why no one else runs it. And when I say abula running it i mean the moposite staff aka (px, abula, svienr)
That's the reason why I haven't already organized it. Last year I remember same kind of conversation about the next world cup. But we (TAP) don't want to arrange it because we respect the original idea and moposite stuff. I'm afraid it wouldn't be the same if we arranged it, would it? Instead, we arranged (and hopefully will arrange) MasterCup 2 which was after all quite close to being a world cup.
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

MasterCup 3 would be awesome ;o MC2 was the best i've ever played, and the one on which i spent most time!
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

i guess there are other cups which could get just as popular, i think the term "world cup" just seems more epic and desirable.
God Bless America
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

uhh, at last found some time to lauta...
seeing a new wc would be great, maybe even i would participate in teh just for some phun. But i also think that it will loose the thing that makes it a special cup, The World Cup if it was made by team tap or anybody else. so it would keep its heart only if made by mopo staff imo.
Costya
Kuski

Post by Costya »

do want!
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Orcc wrote:Abula is studying, px is studing, zebra has graduated. Let's see what happens. All of them are active.
do you mean pretending to be a stud, or was it just a typo? :)
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

If there's still going to be a world cup this year, I think organizating it must be started NOW.

I don't know why there haven't be a WC6 yet but I suppose that the reason is that px not orka. But I guess a world cup isn't a world cup without him. But px is busy, ez get someone more eager to do all the basic boring organizating while px himself only does the ez visible things like uploading new event levels and posting the results and whatever there is? There surely are many who would like to help px in this, for example zebra! =)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

they're all just hiding in #elma.fi, including karlis. As I've understood elma brought em together, but #elma.fi is about anything else except elma nowadays. Would be fun to see px arranging wcup6 and team FM höyling it. I don't even see anything impossible in it, there just are certain phases in life, maybe when they settle down with their gurls (come on, not hard to guess), they will realise how stupid gurls are and how great elasto mania is. wat?
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

i like that one zweq :P at least elma is never gonna betray you :wink:
dorTrus
Kuski

Post by dorTrus »

Zweq wrote: wat?
:lol:
on top: the main thing about wc is shit! because we don`t see wc6! :(
Mary-Jane Racers
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
TT 47:5x:xx / OLP TT 29:0x:xx
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

It's funny how this topic gets bumped up every now and then but each time nothing happens. As it will be this time too, i'm afraid. I have been on #elma.fi lately and when somebody says 'i tried some elma today' all the others say like 'oh lol that old game i haven't opened it in a few months'. So I'm afraid the hope for the next px&abula cup is lost forever :( But that's life and we shouldn't depend on some old veterans so heavily. Maybe we should gather some eager designers and organize the next world cup without px and his friends? Though even I am starting to lose the interest in arranging cups soon because I usually have to do it alone...
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

zebra wrote:Maybe we should gather some eager designers and organize the next world cup without px and his friends?
Arranging the next world cup completely without these old guys would be very nice too if they just give their complete approval and blessing to the new organizers to give the cup the official World Cup 6 -status. And I suggest someone who knows them to go and ask about this from them right away that this wouldn't get forgotten again.
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

nick-o-matic wrote:
zebra wrote:Maybe we should gather some eager designers and organize the next world cup without px and his friends?
Arranging the next world cup completely without these old guys would be very nice too if they just give their complete approval and blessing to the new organizers to give the cup the official World Cup 6 -status. And I suggest someone who knows them to go and ask about this from them right away that this wouldn't get forgotten again.
Yes, you have right.
Team SPEED

Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

Almost forgotten.
Seize the day
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Someone should just damn arrange it instead of whining that someone should arrenge it.
Ye it's not the same with the old guys but they're not gonna do it :x
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Raven
Moporator

Post by Raven »

It should be advertized on Moposite etc etc..

But World Cup 6 cant gather as much players as 5 imo :|
Seize the day
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

I bet it would have more guys. MP probably come out of retirement to play and there is quite a few keen players. Plus with belma there would be lots playing. Raven don't you have access to advertise on moposite? Lets fire this bad ass up.
Religious Man
||
Raven
Moporator

Post by Raven »

Memphis, i actually have 'access' to write the news to the moposite, but still.. Dunno, whole elma-scene have to solve this thing out. If Moposite is not the part of the WC6, it's not the World Cup. Time goes by, so does we. Zebra arrange teh.
Seize the day
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

damn right it's not world cup if px nat arrange teh and MP nat win teh, maybe homocup01?
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

not ever going to happen i think
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I never had opportunity for WC... I would have won for sure.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)