The word "Noob"

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

The word "Noob"

Post by Polarix »

It seems that this word havs no meaning anymore. From the start most people saw the defenition of this word as beeing new to something. And by new maybe some months. Hell, in some games you can call yourself an expert in some few weeks/days. In this scene we use this word for everything. Here are some exampels.

If you're not pro, you're noob.
If you dont get the time you want, its noob
If you have played many years, but are not having the skills someone would require of you, you're a noob.
If you are angry at someone, they're noob.
Etc.

No one wants to be a noob. According to this scene, i am as noob as it can be. Do i want to be a noob? No
Do I want to spend 5 years to not be called a noob, or maybe after 5 years im still one? No.
I don't want to play elma for these reasons.

And im prepered for trolling. Go on!
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Re: The word "Noob"

Post by Bismuth »

To me, noob is "who demonstrates obvious signs of lacking skills, abilities or plain common sense to play the game and interact like a normal human being with the other players."

Noob behaviour examples:

-huge lack of skills while pretending otherwise (16.33 in Warm up is pro, stfu noob I am pro)
-spamming chat with nonsense ())))))))))))))
-no cooperation nor friendliness when being given tips (stfu steppes all way around is teh pr0 style)
-outrageously dumb actions (i installed belma and try to play but i couldnt conect, was it cuz i was not conected to internet?)
-calling others noobs to prove their point (hi flyer under 28 is easy, lol u noob or wat)
-u51ng l33t 5er10u51y t0 100k b4d455

There are others, I suppose, but then again, don't be a noob, use common sense to decide if someone is.

Examples of noobs in the scene:
Thorze
Pawq has been, the first weeks/months
I was
Nekit back some months ago, I don't know about his state now
etc.
:mrhat:
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Polarix wrote:Hell, in some games you can call yourself an expert in some few weeks/days.
Theres no real skill in most of the games. Or anything you can compare so you become an expert.

:mrgreen:

E:
Bismuth wrote:-no cooperation nor friendliness when being given tips (stfu steppes all way around is teh pr0 style)
This is quite popular when giving tips about levmaking. Everyone thinks I or someone else, mostly Ramone what I have seen, are insulting or blaming and doesnt take it as a tip at all. Happened so many times. :|
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

FinMan wrote: This is quite popular when giving tips about levmaking. Everyone thinks I or someone else, mostly Ramone what I have seen, are insulting or blaming and doesnt take it as a tip at all. Happened so many times. :|
That is so true, I've seen it many times too. But it might have something to do with the fact that I'm not always that friendly in belma chat when telling my opinion about some level. But my intention is not to insult. Maybe I'm just another nab too =)
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I believe you can also use noob in a friendly way, I use it often in IRC that way. You really shouldn't take it too seriously, especially when it's over the internet, it's hard to express tone in text, so people might not mean it the way you think they do.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Kopa is a nab o,o
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

No, Kopa has the main point here.
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Of course you can call people noobs in a friendly manner, yesterday Haruhi and I had a very friendly conversation in which I said he was a fucking ugly bastard, that he had a shitface mongo fuck that made me want to kill people, and that he was a dumbfuck loser; he, on the counterpart, said I was a biatch, asked me wtf was up with me, and told me fuck you two times. But we both knew all of this was said in a friendly manner! ...or was it? :wink:
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

Well, the internetz is a crazy place. Perhaps I am born in the wrong age.

But anyways, While writing this I were overtired, as you may have seen before on lauta. But with this posts I feel better already. So i should conclude with not taking it seriously and rather just ignore it or just change my definition of it.

Thank you all.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

it's noob to listen to others who call you a noob... you're just making yourself a noob by worrying about it
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
NoZKeY
Kuski

Post by NoZKeY »

I use noob in a more friendly way... examples:

"jon nab :DD"
jon is obviously an uber pro player, i am joking when calling him noob

"me nab :("
i am obviously the best player in the scene, but i cant do good times in most balles so i call myself noob

"nabs cant finish lolololol"
just friendly trolling, but its obvious and harmless, and i am aware that i'm noober than those who i call nabs.

But everyone actually know that i'm one of the nabest players (in terms of skills, experience and relevance to the scene), so everyone should know i'm just trolling/joking friendly when i call them 'noobs'.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

NoZKeY wrote:I use noob in a more friendly way... examples:

"jon nab :DD"
jon is obviously an uber pro player, i am joking when calling him noob

"me nab :("
i am obviously the best player in the scene, but i cant do good times in most balles so i call myself noob

"nabs cant finish lolololol"
just friendly trolling, but its obvious and harmless, and i am aware that i'm noober than those who i call nabs.

But everyone actually know that i'm one of the nabest players (in terms of skills, experience and relevance to the scene), so everyone should know i'm just trolling/joking friendly when i call them 'noobs'.
lol same for everyone :D
even zweq is noob o,o
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

ye like when mila comes to irc and says "hey nabs", we all know that he considers himself more nab than anyone 8)
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
masterBurn
Kuski

Post by masterBurn »

There is no right or wrong. Everything depends on the point of view. (Hamlet)
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

wtf Hamlet, he's a noob