weak moderating

Everything about Moposite. Wishes for new sections / updates etc. Please tell all bugs, errors you've found. Help us.

Moderator: Moporators

ribot
Not banned

weak moderating

Post by ribot »

as sveinr apparently doesn't recognize mopolauta as part of moposite, and unintelligibly locks mopolauta feedback topics in feedback section i will post this thread here. of course this is one weak point of the moderation.

another point is that abula comes back from years of inactivity and bans akb for one year. this is just one of many indicators of abulas moderating, which is based purely on self interest. this forum has currently 1724 members, apparently whose opinions do not matter for the content. other points are that abula doesn't even write the reasons for bans properly... does he even check why he bans somebody, or he just bans anyone quite arbitrarily just like that? Also, check out this quote: "I didn't find any point to have two spam forums. One is enough." now abula is as free as anyone to use his forum in his ways, but i think it would be hard for anyone not to think it's cheap and anal.

yet another point is to let things slide for years and suddenly come with very hard punishments. it's not a good way to handle conflicts... as it's very easy to spam a forum and a ban is not a strong weapon.

the moderators are not communicative. they lock and ban silently. only through communication can a compromise come, and it would make the forum better for everybody.

there are users of this forum with different interests. that's why there are different sections, and you know what? if you don't like a topic you don't have to read it. you don't have to go in there and whine and cry about it. but when people are posting there it means people are using that space. it means they usually have an interest in that topic, whether abula understands it or not. for the moderators' sake maybe it doens't matter if they limit someone's freedom of expression. but they could also open their minds a bit, and see that there are other interests than their personal ones.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
ribot
Not banned

Re: weak moderating

Post by ribot »

i did write a letter to sveinr recently, i think i better publish it (abula might just ban me suddenly without any warning whatsoever as he did last time with duration "forever"):

dude,
the way you handle this forum makes no sense at all.
you lock and move topics arbitrarily, without any sense of policy.
i'm sure you in your mind have a good idea of what you are doing, but as for sending out a message of having a good policy you fail.

i know that you are a kind man and probably you want to run a high quality forum?

usually topics are locked when a discussion has finished. on this forums we have multiple locked threads which users want to reply on, and in the middle of the discussion. sometimes threads are locked also when they make no sense at all. if you think of these threads this way there is something you have forgot: the threads are active and appreciated by several users.

being a good moderator doesn't imply to decide what makes sense and locking topics arbitrarily according to your moods and interests. this kind of moderating is what abula wanted to do and chose moderators accordingly. so in that sense you do succeed, but i know that you have more brains than him and can expand that narrow minded philosophy a bit.

i know many ppl are opposed to these kind of threads because they don't understand their value. just like in human history, when some ppl are more open minded and discover different aspects of human expression and science, there are those conservative ones which violently oppose the new ideas. such ideas are for example the existence of the number 0, the existence of negative numbers, etc. so you are, not very actively, but somewhat actively joining this narrow minded side of blindness to without proper reasoning stop human expression which seems new to society today.

do you think in the past if you had some kind of authority and you heard someone talk about the number 0 that you would probably beat them? this is exactly what you are doing today. i ask you to do some research, some real work where you are not just holding on to your opinions but really find out what it is about, and as an authority on such a forum such as this you can actually do something beneficial to the world, rather than holding on to narrow minded and destructive opinions.
-
-
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

This is the Feedback topic that was "unintelligibly locked": http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7089
It wasn't about Mopolauta or anything Moposite related, it was about AKB.

Anyway, you do have some valid points and there could be more communication. AKB was warned three weeks ago though, so it's not like he was suddenly banned without notice.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

your link sveinr, was locked because it was in the wrong section! that is unintelligible. if you don't think akb is related to mopolauta, which i fail to see, it is not a reason to lock the topic!

here is a mopolauta related thread that you moved to "non-elma related discussion": http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7029

and here is a list of locked topics which were still being in discussion (just arbitrarly selecting very few):
http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7050
http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7030
http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6408
http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6827
http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6769

i suggest that you as a moderator check things before making your claims, unless you want to represent the mindless moposite crew! your reply doesn't even indicate you have read these posts! and my personal message had no reply at all.. it just shows how engaged you are in this forum... and abula too, leaving it for years like that
-
-
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

one thing you may have to consider ribot, is that sveinr as a moderator looks out for everyone's interest, not just yours, and i think he does a really good job, you honestly haven't really bothered me that much until you just now decided to come down on sveinr. i never really liked abula, but sveinr seems very patient and sensible as a moderator for the many years he has done it now. in fact, i don't think i have ever seen anyone ever complain about something he did until now..... your post comes off very arrogant to me, and i only see it as a compulsive need to rebel in situations where rebellion really isnt needed, i mean honestly they let akb post ridiculous topics for three weeks so i am pretty sure he was just asking to be banned when you look at all of them. i wouldn't be surprised if they gave you a warning already and you're just doing the same thing. it would be sad to see you go again, but i think that may be your fate if you keep this up, you will find that you have accomplished nothing and simply be banned again, that is all that is going to happen, plain and simple.
God Bless America
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

Indeed, why does ribot act like his crap-akb-topic in feedback was really worthy of anything besides being locked, I mean... seriously, no one gives a fuck about ribot and akb's love relationship and no one needs to look at 200 topics about nothing in particular in which they just reply bullshit one to each other.
:mrhat:
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

gimp wrote:one thing you may have to consider ribot, is that sveinr as a moderator looks out for everyone's interest, not just yours, and i think he does a really good job, you honestly haven't really bothered me that much until you just now decided to come down on sveinr. i never really liked abula, but sveinr seems very patient and sensible as a moderator for the many years he has done it now. in fact, i don't think i have ever seen anyone ever complain about something he did until now..... your post comes off very arrogant to me, and i only see it as a compulsive need to rebel in situations where rebellion really isnt needed, i mean honestly they let akb post ridiculous topics for three weeks so i am pretty sure he was just asking to be banned when you look at all of them. i wouldn't be surprised if they gave you a warning already and you're just doing the same thing. it would be sad to see you go again, but i think that may be your fate if you keep this up, you will find that you have accomplished nothing and simply be banned again, that is all that is going to happen, plain and simple.
actually he is not looking for everyone's interest, which was the point of this post. i dunno why you think he did a good job, but this is not personal. it's not about whether you like sveinr or abula. to make it personal is a very narrow minded way to look at things. i made some comments on weak moderating he did.

and as for how you judge me, i don't think your opinion is valid... you can think what you want of course, but don't expect me to answer to it, or take it seriously. i dunno what you think you can accomplish whatsoever, but surely you have no idea on my purpose for action and it's ridiculous that you talk as if you did. you can create as many imaginary realities as you want, and that is what they will remain - imaginary.
-
-
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Ribot. Listen now, and listen carefully. It's you and people like you who are to blame for moderators being "harsh". If people didn't spam, and yes I say spam, so much, there would be no need for the moderators to be so strict. If someone were to create a spam-ish topic once in a while the mods would just let it slip. However, when someone spams tenths of topics every day whose sole purpose is to anger and annoy the community, then of course the mods will have to become more strict.

What I'm saying is that it is your own fault the mods are acting the way they are; read: appropriately. You have only yourself to blame, and no one else. (Well, maybe AKB too).
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

harsh, strict? tens of topics every day? to anger and annoy?
i don't post any topics to anger or annoy anyone, i express that which i feel like i want to express. if you think it's to anger and annoy you, you are being delusional.

as for blaming, of course you can blame anyone you want, but it won't make anything better. but those who prefer to blame usually don't have any progressive opinions either...

i'm saying that banning akb for one year doesn't make anything better...if you ban him for a short time it could work as a message but if you ban for such a long time he'll completely forget about this forum.. and one day come back all new
Last edited by ribot on 10 Jan 2011, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
-
-
twipleyy
Kuski

Post by twipleyy »

gimp wrote:one thing you may have to consider ribot, is that sveinr as a moderator looks out for everyone's interest, not just yours, and i think he does a really good job, you honestly haven't really bothered me that much until you just now decided to come down on sveinr. i never really liked abula, but sveinr seems very patient and sensible as a moderator for the many years he has done it now.
approbation given to what is written above.

while i took ribot's side a few years ago:
twipley wrote:you wanna know my opinion? what happened is crap. he told out loud what we all thought, and that censure of the "against-the-system underground" is what makes the place boring. well, you removed a part of the fun of that forum. know it.
i now am feeling that half of the current-age ribot feels like crap to me. well, maybe i haven't read half of his posts lately, and haven't given him due attention, i feel that his rebellious attitude sometimes goes beyond sense. and to think i once thought ribot was the essence of sensicalness...

topics like wikileaks make sense, though. ribot -- continue the quality posts. cut out the rest.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

no one really commented on the content of this topic though... only sveinr touched it, and everybody else chose this topic to critisize me. all of you guys should understand that my input here is not to please anyone here, nor is it to annoy anyone. my feeling is that you guys are just whining and not making anything better.

i'm writing here now because from previous experience with abula he can ban me any minute, and it's pretty difficult to get across anything to him. for example this very forum (non-elma related) where we have this discussion was my idea, and abula was strongly against it in the beginning. maybe you guys think of my behaviour as rebellious but i have a strong agenda about the freedom of expression, because it is very important for how we create the reality we live in.

who do you think you are, you guys who say that my topics are crap? they don't make sense? then i welcome you the other half of our brain which works without making sense. ye i know in school and on tv and wherever you go ppl are obsessed with making sense and using the analytical part of the brain. yes i know we use it as a primal instinct and many ppl fear to make any actions without their analytic processor first going through the details.

but there is a lot more to our brain than intellectual analysis. you can call it synthesis, when the brain is using the creative side. it is not about making sense. yet the part of the brain that has the capacity to use it is just as big as the analytical side! in society we are greatly lacking in using this part of our brain, and that is like an onslaught on life as a human being. all creative expression like music, movies, video games, books, and so on, would greatly improve with an open mind, and it would also take technology a lot faster into the future.

so who cares twipley if you once thought i made sense and don't anymore. grown ups in our world have a problem with predefined ideas, and we all have to open our minds a great deal. couldn't you guys come up with something more than to critisize me, a mere user on this forum? the moderators are those who set the limits, and that is what this thread is about. if you guys have so much trouble with my existence, well, it's not like my ban would help you expand your minds. if you have something progressive to say then please do so, but then how about doing it with a bit more deeper look into what you are talking about?
-
-
twipleyy
Kuski

Post by twipleyy »

admit that the above post is of higher quality than, e.g.
http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7090

i guess you just had a low-quality phase. i guess you're not acting so much akbesque anymore, so that's a plus with me.

i guess you won't find many people protesting the ban of akb. i'm not against the discussion of ideas -- the reason why i respect people such as you in the first place. akb did not discuss ideas, but rather as i see it discussed gibberish. i could not discern any intelligent ideas behind that. his ban is pretty mass-approved, in my opinion.

abula from my own feeling does not know how to handle conflict effectively. the fact that my "twipley" nick is still banned speaks for itself.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

dude the topic you are referring to was appreciated, restarted, and complained about being banned: http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7094

apparently you and many others needs long explanations to appreciate somebody's input. i can only ask you guys to grow out from that. i'm not appreciating akb out of rebellion or anything like that, but i sincerely think he writes the most interesting points. he's more creative than most ppl this day can dream of. and i for one value that a lot more than intellectual capacity, which is like the highest overrated and misused capacity that man has.

you're free to think it's not worth reading, but if you think it's shit it's probably because you are reflecting something about yourself. it is not a way to respect somebody, nor a way to give an incentive for something better.
-
-
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

ribot wrote:you can create as many imaginary realities as you want, and that is what they will remain - imaginary.
ribot wrote:if you think it's to anger and annoy you, you are being delusional.
You think your right is irrefutable. Hence you think that you are living in the only truthful reality and that everybody else is "imagining" things to make their minds more comfortable, or to simply make it through an issue without much effort. I think I can freely say, that at least 90% of the community stand in the "imaginary" world, leaving you with the very few comrades. I'm sure psychiatrists have a proper name for that.
ribot wrote:no one really commented on the content of this topic though... only sveinr touched it, and everybody else chose this topic to critisize me.
I will comment on the topic gladly, as I will respond to this.
I agree that SveinR is doing great as a moderator. Maybe he did not handle this exactly as it should be handled, but he kept it the very positive way. Thank you SveinR.
That is also the reason, why nobody was commenting it. People find it of a higher priority to teach you make sense. People find it more important to let you know how you really behave, to break through your convictions. That is why people were criticising you here instead of pleasing SveinR.
Why in this topic? Because here you started criticising a person everybody likes. That made the anger reach its top here. That is why people chose this thread to criticise you.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

i'm not saying i live in the real world, that's part of what you made up... and it would be very far from the truth to say that certain ppl live in the real world while others don't... we all imagine a lot, and often forget when we are just imagining.. me too... and you are free to remind me when i do.

nice to hear that you like sveinr as a moderator. if you read my topic (maybe more clearly?) yuo'd see that it is not about critisizing sveinr at all... but to critisize his moderation and abulas too. but thanks for trying to reply to the topic, it really helps.

and well, what can i but congratulate you all for teaching me to make sense! i can't take it seriously though what you say, because everyone will have to speak for themselves.
-
-
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

A part of me believes that a society (let's say a group) can function without being policed by a named leader. Democracy is better than dictatorship but it seems that the rights of the minority (ribot and akb in the very current case) are still baffled. I'll pause to pose this affirmation which seems fair in my view:

Any group is composed of either positive, neutral or negative agents.

For a group to evolve (progress), you need to have an exchange between the positive agents while you should also eliminate the negative agents, which can mostly bring the group down (even though they sometimes lead to positive outcomes so I'm on the fence here). In this case, ribot is a positive agent as he doesn't harm the scene nor the game, he is without a doubt an asset to the scene even though most people don't fully (or even partially) get him.

For me, a negative agent would be someone like Berh. Someone who, despite showing a certain intelligence, chooses civil disobedience without any intent to change things for the good. He, in my poor memory, was the only kuski I can remember who truly deserved a ban.

Hope I stayed ontopic.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

"criticising SveinR" was an obvious mental shortcut of "criticising SveinR's moderation", as suggested by the topic title

now a few words about the imagining issue
What I did not mean is that only you live in an imaginary world. I know it looked like i meant it, sorry for that. What I meant is that you believe in axioms that are neglected by the majority of the community and you believe them to be immaculately true. I think you should consider the timid possibility of you actually being a kind of spammer.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Are you suggesting that AKB did not deserve a ban? That is laughable.

The purpose of threads on a forum is to generate a discussion, related to a topic stated in the thread. That is the most basic way of putting it. Any and all discussion in stated thread was entirely irrelevant to the stated topic, which was in the wrong forum, and which was aimed at a potential audience of 3 people.

As you state, AKB is very creative in his posts. Most of us do not wish to read posts about penis and containing the word anal every few seconds.

AKB went a good month without posting anything on topic, and he racked up like 300 posts in that time. Memphis was banned for posting 300 on-topic replies in a month once.

You and analcactus can post on topic, and analcactus is actually hilarious at times, and i'm good friends with AKB, but i'm not going to pretend for a second that a year long akban was about 3 years overdue
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Haruhi wrote:[...] AKB went a good month without posting anything on topic, and he racked up like 300 posts in that time. Memphis was banned for posting 300 on-topic replies in a month once. [...]
So you agree with ribot on the topic of this topic.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

The_BoneLESS wrote:
Haruhi wrote:[...] AKB went a good month without posting anything on topic, and he racked up like 300 posts in that time. Memphis was banned for posting 300 on-topic replies in a month once. [...]
So you agree with ribot on the topic of this topic.
Read what i said, i think AKB's ban was deserved, i think that the topic was a waste of time, effort and space for everyone else and should have been locked.
Image Cyberscore! Image
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

Pawq wrote:"criticising SveinR" was an obvious mental shortcut of "criticising SveinR's moderation", as suggested by the topic title

now a few words about the imagining issue
What I did not mean is that only you live in an imaginary world. I know it looked like i meant it, sorry for that. What I meant is that you believe in axioms that are neglected by the majority of the community and you believe them to be immaculately true. I think you should consider the timid possibility of you actually being a kind of spammer.
i think you should elaborate your obvious mental shortcuts. but you are making kind of sense. you are right that i stand for axioms that are neglected by the majority of the community, and i'm raising this issue here. but i will not accept the majority to define what is true.

if the majority of ppl in this world would radically change their lifestyle, and this world would be in threat of being able to keep mankind alive because of environmental issues, the majority wouldn't change but they'd die anyway. ppl on television would "immaculately" suggest that homosexuality was a disease some decades ago, whereas today they "immaculately" suggest the opposite. there is a process necessary for the majority to change their opinions.
-
-
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Personally, I find a bit of surveillance on this forum keeps the quality on a higher level. I am not the frequent visitor I used to be, but out of some interest I occasionally drop by, lately only to find lots of pages with stuff that was, due to the vast freedom of expression, very limited in its scope of content.

Freedom of expression, and any variation on this theme, is never ever an absolute phenomenon, because it is always linked to each individual's own framework of what is right and what is wrong, and limitations of the medium and the moment. For example, if I was to have a conversation with A.K.B. on MSN, he could limit my freedom of expression by continuously hitting ctrl-v and enter, with a text of his choice in his clipboard.

Same goes for this forum, I guess. It started out as a means of communicating with each other about elma, and then ofcourse it soon evolved into a means of staying in contact with people you know through the internet and this small game, like the channel on IRCnet. The whole idea of moderation is to keep this thing going, readable and sensible.

Rib, you assert that abula has no clue whatsoever about the frequent user/visitor of this board, but I find that hard to believe. I think he has a clue. That is not to say he is the ultimate judge; he just happens to be the owner of this board. Noone ever promised democracy here, I believe, though I think the way some people share his moderations rights and priviliges show some sort of deviation from the harsh dictatorship you wish to reveal.

On a more critical note, I think your bias on majorities is a misconception. I don't know what keeps you informed in your life, but I'd say about 99% of your ideas and habits is dictated by definitions and concepts derived from majorities. It's healthy to keep thinking, and questioning what's going on, but maybe lifting your attention from the form, and instead focusing on content would do some good.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

teajay wrote:Personally, I find a bit of surveillance on this forum keeps the quality on a higher level. I am not the frequent visitor I used to be, but out of some interest I occasionally drop by, lately only to find lots of pages with stuff that was, due to the vast freedom of expression, very limited in its scope of content.

Freedom of expression, and any variation on this theme, is never ever an absolute phenomenon, because it is always linked to each individual's own framework of what is right and what is wrong, and limitations of the medium and the moment. For example, if I was to have a conversation with A.K.B. on MSN, he could limit my freedom of expression by continuously hitting ctrl-v and enter, with a text of his choice in his clipboard.

Same goes for this forum, I guess. It started out as a means of communicating with each other about elma, and then ofcourse it soon evolved into a means of staying in contact with people you know through the internet and this small game, like the channel on IRCnet. The whole idea of moderation is to keep this thing going, readable and sensible.

Rib, you assert that abula has no clue whatsoever about the frequent user/visitor of this board, but I find that hard to believe. I think he has a clue. That is not to say he is the ultimate judge; he just happens to be the owner of this board. Noone ever promised democracy here, I believe, though I think the way some people share his moderations rights and priviliges show some sort of deviation from the harsh dictatorship you wish to reveal.

On a more critical note, I think your bias on majorities is a misconception. I don't know what keeps you informed in your life, but I'd say about 99% of your ideas and habits is dictated by definitions and concepts derived from majorities. It's healthy to keep thinking, and questioning what's going on, but maybe lifting your attention from the form, and instead focusing on content would do some good.
i like the vibe in how you speak.. you speak with calmness, which i value a lot. you don't really understand me however... i'm saying that abula is not very communicative basically... and doesn't listen very well either... and even though he didn't make any promise to us he can still affect a lot of people, so it would be dumb to ignore that fact, or just leave it be...if you have something valuable to say.

then of course you don't even know 1% of my life, so you are no one to judge about my ideas and habits... you have never been one to understand me well either... and i don't know what you mean by "the form".. can you elaborate on that?
-
-
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I still am not able to speak out my thoughts to the fullest in english, sadly. With form I meant the way this forum functions and how it is operated. The content are the actual topics being discussed. You wish to have much more freedom in the amount and scope of topics you can make than is nowadays granted, which, like before, will eventually result in your losing interest and leaving, or your getting "eternally" banned. You're like a sine wave. :)
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

1. A.K.B. ban was a wake-up for users. And it seems our stricter policy has brought more quality to the board. I guess most of the users are happier now.

2. Unfortunately I don't have that much time anymore for Elma stuff. Back then I was writing PM warnings to users etc, but now I just have to do things quicker. This means I usually ban/delete in hurry and can make mistakes. Raven and Orcc are new moderators - hopefully they will do the job better.

3. ribot and his followers have compilicated my job for many years. I have zero interest to argue how Elma community should be administrated, at least when the critisism is told by ribot and his followers. I just want to have fun and offer fun for others with the resources I have available. And debates like these are waste of time if you ask me.

4. I'm pretty sure only a few like the way it was during the 2-3 last years. Those people can continue their freedom of expression in Testing forum.

5. This topic belongs to Feedback.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Ecchi
39mins club

Post by Ecchi »

Agree, last couple of years in berh, akb and ribot periods I've had times where I only read 10% of all posts. Right now I guess I read about 90%=D
RIP enthusiast claim image:(
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

I suppose you can't expect very much from Raven right now, since he just went to army two weeks ago.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

We have a good mod still in you though, Orcc.

Last 3 years lauta sucked.
Image Cyberscore! Image
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

jonharkulsykkel

Reason: useless posts after warning
Duration: one month
RIDICULOUS jonsykkel is one of the main contributors of modern elma you dumbnut! He has NOT been spamming! I for one thinks this is very stupid and I think you should remove yourself from the admin position abula. You're not subjective enough...

unban jonsykkel...
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

niN wrote:
jonharkulsykkel

Reason: useless posts after warning
Duration: one month
RIDICULOUS jonsykkel is one of the main contributors of modern elma you dumbnut! He has NOT been spamming! I for one thinks this is very stupid and I think you should remove yourself from the admin position abula. You're not subjective enough...

unban jonsykkel...
lol niN, you must be joking. do you think any of these lines below are quality posts?
jonharkulsykkel wrote:lolol
jonharkulsykkel wrote::E)
jonharkulsykkel wrote:>:Å
jonharkulsykkel wrote::(
jonharkulsykkel wrote::DDD
jonharkulsykkel wrote:ololololoololloololololollol
jonharkulsykkel wrote::;DDDD
jonharkulsykkel wrote::_DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
jonharkulsykkel wrote::DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

can not say without knowing the context in which it's being used, share url aswell if you would.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Jon is kool guy maby he will learn something from this =)
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Ville_J wrote:Jon is kool guy maby he will learn something from this =)
dis

still my ban in 2004 was only 1 week, that's just inconsistent
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

jonharkulsykkel wrote:>:Å
I love it :DD
Now seriously, I know that jon has been spamming those "ololool" quite a bit recently, but still he is very important, if not crucial here :( Maybe 1 week ban would be better indeed? We're waiting for you jon! :D But stop lolling :/
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

niN wrote:can not say without knowing the context in which it's being used, share url aswell if you would.
the context does not really matter, if his every second post is "lolollolol" or ":DDDDD". just look at his posts through his profile.

anyway, one month ban is too much imho, but it's the mod's decision.
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

I don't get it. If Jon's posts are against rules, we aren't they removed? Looking at his posts he didn't spam that much.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

It's just extra work for mods if we need to delete every other post of a certain person. If they would've been deleted, then people would complain even more if they couldn't see what he did for the ban. Now everyone can see where the line is drawn.

Although I also have to agree that one month ban is a bit long.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

According to jon himself after being warned by Abula for one of his ":DDDDD" posts he pmed ":DDDDD" to Abula. I guess that might have had an impact.
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Imo, the context in which a comment is being used is very importand to determine whether it's a spam post or not. I think Abula has either too big ban button or too clumbsy fingers.

jon shouldn't be banned!
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

niN wrote:Imo, the context in which a comment is being used is very importand to determine whether it's a spam post or not. I think Abula has either too big ban button or too clumbsy fingers.

jon shouldn't be banned!
If you give someone a warning for spamming ":DDDDD", and they reply with a ":DDDDD", you might just see it as they are not inclined to change their behavior. Therefore you administer a slightly more harsh ban, just to make sure they won't spam in the future.

But I agree 1 month might be a bit too long. One week would suffice and serve it's purpose I would guess.
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Abula wrote:From this day bans are given more strictly again. I see Mopolauta is full of crap nowadays. This will end. Read the rules.
He was warned, he can blame himself. 1 month is a fine ban length. He'll come back and post :DDDDDDD anyway.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

For repetitive offenses:
  • warning
  • 1 week ban
  • 1 month ban
  • 1 year
  • permanent ban
Maybe not for all offenses, because some deserves permanent ban, but for people like Jon AKB etc? Personally I think neither Jon nor AKB deserved bans.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

i'd like if there were sort of appreciation polls. lets say three variants: unban, continue ban, cut ban...
and then every guy, who voted for some variant, posts in poll his decision (its just to prevent random registered users for increasing votes...)
and when one of the variants grows till constant amount (10-15?) when moporator goes that way...

dunno dunno
Image Image
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

No. Rules should not be different just because one person is more popular than the other.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Jappe wrote:just ban
totally
I also remember Abula stating he doesn't have much time for elma anymore so he makes his decisions quick without a lot hesitation. Doesn't matter if anyone thinks 1 month is too long. Abula is the admin here and he banned jon for one month, that's an eod for me :)
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

niN wrote:Imo, the context in which a comment is being used is very importand to determine whether it's a spam post or not. I think Abula has either too big ban button or too clumbsy fingers.

jon shouldn't be banned!
very important? so it's ok to spam ":DDDD" and "lololllolol" (10 of these in few days) in general section and replays and times, but depending on original post? you must be kidding.

and imho, you should stop insulting Abula, it's not nice.
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

Haruhi wrote:Last 3 years lauta sucked.
Is this a message? :(
:mrhat:
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Ok, I over reacted, and I don't know abu so I shouldn't insult him. I should've given this a day to sink in before I posted.

anyway I will have a quiet minute for jon now ;)
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

He deserved it, end of story...
Doesn't matter shit if he's important and contributing much to the scene, he spammed.
NoZKeY
Kuski

Post by NoZKeY »

Poor jon perhaps he was over-happy that day... (well.. he is always way too happy :DDD)

Remember there is a difference between spam and :DDD spam. I bet he was banned not for the spam itself but for the :DD pm... D: Maybe he was just kidding... isn't jon a bit young anyway?