Internals index thread

Everything about Moposite. Wishes for new sections / updates etc. Please tell all bugs, errors you've found. Help us.

Moderator: Moporators

John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Internals index thread

Post by John »

It would be pretty nice with an index thread called "Internals" in which there would be a thread for every internal. Perhaps make the threads sticky so that they stay in order (will this work?). And then keep that index thread quite severely moderated so it's not spammed too much. It would be a great way to discuss possible styles, share recs on specific internals, help new players get the hang of a trick, share tuning tips etc. It would be like a knowledge database of internals.
Ecchi
39mins club

Re: Internals index thread

Post by Ecchi »

+1
RIP enthusiast claim image:(
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

I very much agree, however it would have been 100x more useful about 5 years ago :P

Most internal discussion nowadays doesn't happen on lauta. However i'm all for it, it would be good for me.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

I think it would be much work for nothing. Ppl would not comment into correct topics anyways and everything would remain the same. It would work MAYBE for few weeks/months, but after that noone will remember it.

Also MANY of those topic would be empty and unused. There is deffinitely not so much talking about internals that it would need 54 new topics about it.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I would easily go there and ask for replays or ask questions if I had any.
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

my point is that you can do that already here http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... 63#p215463 or in any other suitable topic. Btw that topic is definitely not heavily used.
It would be good, if the game would be new and internals not very hoyled. In a phase like this, it is useless idea imo.
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Yeah you can ask for those in one topic, but John's point here is that it'd help others later on. I don't see the harm creating those, it could work. Maybe even let someone motivated make those topics, so he could edit the first post if there are some new interesting replays popping up in some other places of lauta.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Bludek wrote:my point is that you can do that already here http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... 63#p215463 or in any other suitable topic. Btw that topic is definitely not heavily used.
Igge wrote:... Also, it'd benefit the "helpers" a lot too, since they wouldn't have to repeat themselves over and over again in 5 different forums, since everyone could find their previous posts.

And you might think a single thread for all internals might be enough? But then imagine a year from now, if someone new comes and needs help in say, Bowling. He'd then have to either scroll through 14 pages worth of help in all the other internals, or he'd have to make a new post. And if a similar post had been posted before, someone would of course have to re-post the answer.
Bludek wrote:In a phase like this, it is useless idea imo.
I just fail to see what harm it could do? Could it possibly be a bad thing? No one's saying you have to post in those threads, so why would you complain if others would want to - Does it actually affect you in a negative way?
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

I +1 this. I would go there when I have something on my mind on any internal level. At the moment every idea I have dissapears in EOL chat among spam. Also my every shared not "game-breaking" recs dissapears in zworqy, or old pages in replays sharing. If we had this all replays would still be on front page so you don't have to search through the forum in eternity when you know what you want, which level which rec etc.
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

Igge wrote:I just fail to see what harm it could do? Could it possibly be a bad thing? No one's saying you have to post in those threads, so why would you complain if others would want to - Does it actually affect you in a negative way?
I would not affect me in negative way at all. I would maybe share my thoughts there too, but I still think it is much work for nothing. Everything works like it is now. I am all for evolution of elma, but this does not sound like something that will do the work.
Haruhi wrote:Most internal discussion nowadays doesn't happen on lauta
tru dat
Its much easier to share thoughts in EOL and test it right away. Lauta is a bit too "cumbersome" for this imo. Only positive thing I see in it is that thoughts will be accesible for everyone on lauta and not just for few EOL guys...

BJ commented meanwhile:
Bjenn wrote:At the moment every idea I have dissapears in EOL chat among spam. Also my every shared not "game-breaking" recs dissapears in zworqy, or old pages in replays sharing.
hehe, bj wrote my thoughts in the same time :)
Well, this is true. But at least ppl have those recs in their elma folders...

Lousku's "monthly elma" could help here a bit :)
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

How is this much work? If I had the rights I could do it in 10 minutes, if not less.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Maybe all are prioritizing their time to things that matter more, so this won't be happening. LOCK!
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Igge wrote:How is this much work? If I had the rights I could do it in 10 minutes, if not less.
Between us, we could do it in 3 minutes flat :P
Image Cyberscore! Image
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Bludek wrote:Lousku's "monthly elma" could help here a bit :)
Just tell me how. :)
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

Lousku wrote:
Bludek wrote:Lousku's "monthly elma" could help here a bit :)
Just tell me how. :)
sharing new cool recs every month and sumarising them:)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

you mean subforum? why not
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Bludek don't write here if you are not positive in the idea. You are just fakking it down. People only download recs from zworqy when they know a certain rec is uploaded there and is told so in EOL. That line of chat dissapears after 10 seconds.
Jarkko
Kuski

Post by Jarkko »

This is very good idea. I have thought this already many many years ago. Whats the harm if there is one new subforum with 54 threads?
TT: 43
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Jarkko wrote:This is very good idea. I have thought this already many many years ago. Whats the harm if there is one new subforum with 54 threads?
are you sure people would like to be involved and discussing the styles, exchanging even their best styles, almost wr recs

or don't you think they would just be mainly empty, rarely even visited after maybe the first wek havoc? also many noobs who would post there with their nab styles and 'HOW DO BRUTAL??' questions would rather disgust ppl like Zweq or Kazan and make them omit this forum.

i don't wanna be pessimistic but just face up to the fact, 7 or even 5 years ago there would be quite a lot to talk about, also people were busy bees then, now it's like 2 or 3 actually on-topic posts a week and it would be hard to maintain another 54 topics any useful... just face up to the fact
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

It's better to have the "HOW TO BRUTAL" posts in an appropriate thread rather than, for instance, "New WRs".
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

agreed. Make these threads. If pros are patient enough, ez help nabs to become better.
5tr1k3r
Kuski

Post by 5tr1k3r »

Yeah, I second that.
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

abruzzi wrote:are you sure people would like to be involved and discussing the styles, exchanging even their best styles, almost wr recs
ez after EDQ
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Sorry, haven't had the opportunity to read your feedback until now.
Didn't see/remember that post but that seems like exactly the same thing, making them stay in order and all.
Bludek wrote:Ppl would not comment into correct topics anyways and everything would remain the same. It would work MAYBE for few weeks/months, but after that noone will remember it.

Also MANY of those topic would be empty and unused. There is deffinitely not so much talking about internals that it would need 54 new topics about it.
That's why it needs to be quite heavily moderated. Ideal scenario would be if all posts in these threads contributed to something (even remove "Thanks" and such).

Also, these topics shouldn't be filled within a day or two, there are always new players wondering about this stuff and with time they would be filled with useful help/recs/tuning etc.
Bludek wrote:my point is that you can do that already here http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... 63#p215463 or in any other suitable topic. Btw that topic is definitely not heavily used.
It would be good, if the game would be new and internals not very hoyled. In a phase like this, it is useless idea imo.
That thread is far from organized. Perhaps you have the energy to go back 2 pages when reading it (searching for a specific rec), or you could by a lucky shot end up in it when using lauta's Search. These threads would collect recs from specific internals and store them at a suitable place for easy finding later.
Orcc wrote:Yeah you can ask for those in one topic, but John's point here is that it'd help others later on. I don't see the harm creating those, it could work. Maybe even let someone motivated make those topics, so he could edit the first post if there are some new interesting replays popping up in some other places of lauta.
Yes! It would be stored for others to see later on because the same problems tend to appear for every generation of new players. And yes, it would be a good idea for someone motivated to create these threads and edit the first post later on. Or perhaps divide the threads by 5 so that 5 guys get 10-11 threads to moderate. Not as heavy workload.
Bjenn wrote:I +1 this. I would go there when I have something on my mind on any internal level. [...]
If we had this all replays would still be on front page so you don't have to search through the forum in eternity when you know what you want, which level which rec etc.
Could be useful for WR-players too...

Yep.
Igge wrote:How is this much work? If I had the rights I could do it in 10 minutes, if not less.
Agreed.
Ville_J wrote:Maybe all are prioritizing their time to things that matter more, so this won't be happening. LOCK!
You hardly play internals so I can see why these threads wouldn't help you ;*
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

John wrote:
Ville_J wrote:Maybe all are prioritizing their time to things that matter more, so this won't be happening. LOCK!
You hardly play internals so I can see why these threads wouldn't help you ;*
It was a neat reference to another topic where there was ridiculous discussion happening. I have nothing against this idea and actually think it is a good suggestion.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

If this is all about sharing a wide range of styles for each internal, isn't recsource a sufficient platform? Easier to browse as well.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

^ Recsource doesn't allow for discussion OR failed recs of styles (ie Zweq's old hi flyer WR :P)

From a different standpoint, this allows also for questions to be asked/answered also (ie. HOW TEH FACK IS THIS STYLE POSSIBLE, WHAT DOING WRONG?)
Image Cyberscore! Image
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

discussion could be anything related of course. perhaps the first post can simply be lines of replays

like [id][level index][level name][replay name][description][legit][tuning]

example: under 07 hi flyer topic

#13, int07, Hi-flyer, 07mila2153.rec, Theoretically drivable, un, 101fps

then cane be refered "mega fakc that #13"
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Perhaps a poll is in place in order to convince those that have the powers to make this subforum? I don't see any other way of convincing them, if what has been said previously is not enough.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Igge wrote:Perhaps a poll is in place in order to convince those that have the powers to make this subforum? I don't see any other way of convincing them, if what has been said previously is not enough.
Yeah, can we at least get some verdict from some moderator? Seems like a lot of people would use it, myself included, to help and get help. You could try to create an "Internals" hidden and I can start it up for you and see how you like it.
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

In my opinion, this idea should have been put in place from the very beginning. There have been a countless number of times when some new user makes a topic about a specific Internal level trick and I had always thought about having a sub-forum for each Internal, but I had kept my mouth shut thinking that no one would bother to make that happen.
Seeing this thread now I'd like to say that I'm all for this idea. I mean, what can it possibly hurt? This might even bring back a little more activity to the board.
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

I agree with John. These threads should be heavily moderated. Results of discussion, all information, replays, tutorials, tips etc should be aggregated in first post(s). These threads can be periodically cleared from all irrelevant stuff to make it easy for people to look for relevant stuff outside first post, but the key to success is to have relevant information aggregated (if possible) in one place without need to read whole discussion. If people agree that stuff might later feed moposite info/tutorials sections.

edit:
One more thing. To make it easier to edit first post of each thread can started by fictional user. It would allow carefully selected people without moderating rights to have ability to quickly update it. Of course there risk of abuse, but on the other hand you won't have to rely on moderators only.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Clearly this is a good idea. It is efficient, neat and clean. The information will be set out in a logical manner ready for even the japp3st n00b to peruse. I love this sort of perfect categorization.

jaytea sucks cocks
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Why isn't this happening?
39:37,91
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Smibu hapend.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Xarthok wrote:Why isn't this happening?
Yeah, why? Could some moderator explain their standpoint on this?

I actually love to help others and have always done. And I remember the days when I wished for nothing more than a tool to show how the fukk the pros were pressing to perform each move. I would surely come to these subforums once in a while and try to help with what I can.

Most likely I'm not the right person to single handedly be responsible for the first-post-updates in each thread but how about, with moderator's permission, allow a group of a select 5 to share the username "Internal" and all of them using the same password? (With the restriction that the account would only be used in those subforums for starting up and maintaining the threads.)
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

I think at least one problem was that we couldn't arrange the topics so that they would stay in order, which would eventually cause it hard to find a particular topic among those 54. Still I think that's not bad enough problem to not create that section.
NoobSty2-competition

Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Orcc wrote:I think at least one problem was that we couldn't arrange the topics so that they would stay in order, which would eventually cause it hard to find a particular topic among those 54. Still I think that's not bad enough problem to not create that section.
It works with announcement posts. Check AKB's "SveinR is a homo" threads in testing.
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Just make more active people mods (and a new admin or two) so we can get this and other initiatives going.
39:37,91
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Mods can't create new subforums so that wouldn't help much with this one.
NoobSty2-competition

twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

I don't see what's the problem? Create that index thread, with the first post containing links to the 55 other topics, then stick and lock that thread down.

If one am interested in talking about Upside Down, they just then pop up that thread, follow the 20 link, then post in the Upside-Down thread.

Or, am I missing something?
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

That's just an unnecessary step that doesn't need to be there. Having a sub-forum with one thread for each level makes perfect sense for an elma forum. There shouldn't be a need for a topic to redirect you to other topics.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Igge wrote:There shouldn't be a need for a topic to redirect you to other topics.
Inception style!
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

I made the forum. Anyone willing to create the topics? The first post could contain some basic data like map, when the lev was introduced (Across 1.0/1.2 or Elma, http://www.moposite.com/txt/development ... levels.txt), WR development and WR analysis copied from News forum? And links to other resources.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

Good to know after all I wasn't delusional thinking Downhill as an external level. :)
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Abula wrote:I made the forum. Anyone willing to create the topics? The first post could contain some basic data like map, when the lev was introduced (Across 1.0/1.2 or Elma, http://www.moposite.com/txt/development ... levels.txt), WR development and WR analysis copied from News forum? And links to other resources.
shouldn´t it be made as an announcment to prevent internal order from changing?
i would be happy to make some.
Q: what map making prog to use?
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Let it be anyone but Tigro, please. That would be a catastrophe..

If no one is willing to do it, I could give it a try if I'm up to it. Although, I believe there are lots of players with better knowledge about Internals.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

i dont mind ass-isting but i dont want to be author of first posts :X
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

I think it's a bad idea to let the entire subforum live and die with the motivation of only one guy to write those first posts (and maintaining them). Isn't it possible to make an exception and let a group of 5, or such, start and maintain those threads under a common psuedonym of "Internal" or something? This is not some random posts, it's a knowledge database and I believe that an exception from the rules wouldn't hurt in this case. I could easily be in that group then. Anyway, it's great to see this being tested Abula. Thanks!