When should EDQ3 be made?

This is the only place for Elma polls on Moposite. Kuski of Month polls are also here. Read more info >>

Moderator: Moporators

When Should EDQ3 be made?

As soon as possible
21%
When WR TT falls down to 35:45
1%
When WR TT crosses 35:30
48%
At the #300 table
1%
Next year
4%
11%
14%

Total votes: 85

pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Re: When should EDQ3 be made?

Post by pawq »

I totally agree with John on this, no top10s or shit, just flawless recs one after another :) you can do videos of merged enigma and hangman whenever you feel like it, EDQ is EDQ!
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Pawq wrote:I totally agree with John on this, no top10s or shit, just flawless recs one after another :) you can do videos of merged enigma and hangman whenever you feel like it, EDQ is EDQ!
agree with Pawq and John. The top 10 standings are for balles and cups, not for EDQ.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Now you are talking about transitions. I've thought about the following approaches.
Instantly going to and playing next replay like in last EDQ, where you get that speedrun feeling.
Like I've done before in movies, a transition such as fade, but with freezing last and first frame so it transitions between those and doesn't cut anything off the actual replay.
Some splashscreen before each replay with kuski, time, level info, so you can read those beforehand and won't have to avert your eyes from the replays to read that during the replay.
Bjenn wrote:Can't be same zoom (value) as in EDQ because it had 800x600 resolution and Kopakas will have 1080 I presume, so AT LEAST 2.0 zoom imo, 2.25 even better.
Well you can calculate it, I assume last was in 1.0 zoom, that means vertically 1.8 and horisontally 2.4 zoom in 1080 res would be same "size".

Another thing, will probably use some sort of a level and replay as credits, but doubt I will get around to make a decent level. Anyone who's up for making it?
Last edited by Kopaka on 23 Oct 2012, 14:32, edited 2 times in total.
Jarkko
Kuski

Post by Jarkko »

Okay whatever. Thought it would be nice see little more perspective of the levels. EDQ is not that holy thing for me. But what about showing during the replay, for example rolling bottom of the screen, or maybe thats too much distraction. Or if its 1080p, there is space to show it in the corner in smaller font, even top5. No? okay bye :D
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Transitions are difficult. I guess fade to black could be nice in-between recs but no artsy 5 sec fade, make it quick. While black a white text bottom right could light up like a fluorescent lamp (you know, not immediately glowing but blinking a few times for attention of the eyes) with all the info about level and driver. No transition would work too imo.
badyl
37mins club

Post by badyl »

Im against rolling bottom, fading yes but not rolling. And my suggestion for soundtrack.
Breaking Point- One of a kind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jl7-B7VFLs
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

I hate those "fading transitions" after every rec in videos. Espcially if the end of the rec is cut. Prev edq was awesome, why not stick with it?
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

top3 sounds good, can prolly fit somewhere, more rizpekt for big leads in levs and those who dont watch elma closely might wander what is kazan spot in this lev, oh he has same time as that pro zweq (twin peaks) :P
Jarkko
Kuski

Post by Jarkko »

Zweq wrote:top3 sounds good, can prolly fit somewhere, more rizpekt for big leads in levs and those who dont watch elma closely might wander what is kazan spot in this lev, oh he has same time as that pro zweq (twin peaks) :P
Yes exactly my point. But then hangman is problematic with top3. Some may think: "Must be perfect time, how many more .37 there is?" :mrgreen:
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

I don't like fades. But if you're going to use them, the shorter the better, preferably < 500ms. Also 'no' for rolling stats or anything on the bottom of the screen. Keep it simple pls.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Just cut immediately to next rec. Having fades or sach looks weird when some levels are shorter than 20 seconds; then the fades are taking up too much place.
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

I think it should cut immediately to the next rec like in last EDQ but also scroll top5 or top10 at the bottom of the screen once level starts.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Please, keep it as simple as possible, just like in the previous EDQs. Beauty is in the simplicity. Transitions are nice, but unsuitable for this video imho. Also, keep the info about level and driver at the bottom of the video for the whole length of the replay. I've seen it in some other videos being shown up just for a couple seconds at the beginning of the rec and it was awful.
badyl
37mins club

Post by badyl »

I can't wait it so much I want to know at what stage gathering recs is. Kopaka pls say: has any of wr holders refused to share rec or not responded yet?
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Status is 52/54 by combining those who said yes and those that are already shared (thanks for collecting badyl). No one said no, haven't heard from mr and zaraptor (plus few others, but those were already shared), if you see them tell them to check lauta pm.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I hate those "fading transitions" after every rec in videos. Espcially if the end of the rec is cut. Prev edq was awesome, why not stick with it?
'no' for rolling stats or anything on the bottom of the screen. Keep it simple pls.
Just cut immediately to next rec.
I think it should cut immediately to the next rec like in last EDQ
Please, keep it as simple as possible, just like in the previous EDQs. Beauty is in the simplicity. Transitions are nice, but unsuitable for this video
all of the above! edq should have as fast and dynamic feeling as possible; some awful transitions, fades or whatever just spoil it, make you wait for the next rec instead of punching you in the face with the next awesome piece of driving.

i agree that having some topx somewhere would be cool, but when i imagine having top10 lists between recs, or top5s in the corners, or top10s rolling at the bottom... NOOOO, PLEASE NOO ;(

imo you could just take previous edq, increase reso and put in new recs, it was perfect)
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Another thing is, should we use the personalised shirts from eol? or just default one for all.
badyl
37mins club

Post by badyl »

Another suggestion: Guano Apes - Open Your Eyes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFvCx6w_ptE

Maybe we should arrange some voting for music?
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

Kopaka wrote:Another thing is, should we use the personalised shirts from eol? or just default one for all.
Shirts sound like a good idea and incentive for watchers to look into EOL if they haven't ;)
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Kopaka wrote:Another thing is, should we use the personalised shirts from eol? or just default one for all.
typical ordinary shirt. Non-swap bikes. Classic is da best.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Default by all means.
Pascal
Kuski

Post by Pascal »

badyl wrote: Maybe we should arrange some voting for music?
No please, Kopaka chooses the music since he is responsible for the project (or skint0r?). That's not some fucking listeners choice, you can like it or hate it. skint used 4 soundtracks in EDQ and many people hated anyway, you just can't make it perfect for everyone.
Ecchi
39mins club

Post by Ecchi »

The idea of personalized shirts for the kuskis seems like a good idea to me atleast o,o
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Pascal wrote:
badyl wrote: Maybe we should arrange some voting for music?
No please, Kopaka chooses the music since he is responsible for the project (or skint0r?). That's not some fucking listeners choice, you can like it or hate it. skint used 4 soundtracks in EDQ and many people hated anyway, you just can't make it perfect for everyone.
What the fuck?
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Default shirt please. Imagine you're watching, say, a sonic speedrun. You wouldn't want soniz to have some mongo logo or fancy skins or whatever, you'd want the game to look exactly like it did when you played it years ago.
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

Igge wrote:Default shirt please. Imagine you're watching, say, a sonic speedrun. You wouldn't want soniz to have some mongo logo or fancy skins or whatever, you'd want the game to look exactly like it did when you played it years ago.
True! Put sonic-lgr ON naw!
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

who the hell needs custom t-shirts? most of them are ugly anyway, made in paint in 3s
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

I wouldn't mind custom shirts, just sayin. Default is okey too.
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

The normal green/red bike please and norm shirt.
And please use default balazs lgr this time.
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

Hosp wrote:The normal green/red bike please and norm shirt.
Non-centered camera, moving map, pictures in front of kuski, jumping apples and elma sounds on while you're at it? ._.
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Okay I have simple and proper way to make multiple soundtracks now, and want to make it just because whatever. If someone wants to make a soundtrack they can contact me. Should have some specific theme, not just mixed songs you'd like to hear with it. Then you will have to make the full lenght soundtrack, length should be something like 37-38 minutes I guess. You can get more specific timings later, like when intro ends, outro starts etc. but at that point it will be very close to release, so you will have to be quick.

As for the default soundtrack, since people are already posting in here just keep suggesting stuff. But not too many each please. Also I would personally prefer stuff that is somewhat recent (last couple years). So when you watch it in 10 years you can be like, oh right those were the good replays from back then, but also oh right those were the good songs from back then.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Xarthok wrote:
Non-centered camera, moving map, pictures in front of kuski, jumping apples and elma sounds on while you're at it? ._.
What's wrong with default lgr? I just watched some Kopaka's videos with default sky and it looks great. Those few ones similar to HighQ with the fixed line for a higher resolution have weird colors and are so asymmetrical.
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

I will try make a Metal or Hip Hop soundtrack, haven't decided which one yet, anyone else up for making any of those two I mentioned? Then I can go for the other one.
I will be more careful with choosing music for EDQ than what I was with my own videos, just so you know =)

Also: Is someone making a level as background to the ending credits?
Last edited by Bjenn on 24 Oct 2012, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

i can make king diamond soundtrack ¨=D~
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

i make genesis/marillion soundtrak)(
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

genesis would be max, maybe you could squeeze some focus and gentle giant in it
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Bjenn wrote:I will try make a Metal or Hip Hop soundtrack, haven't decided which one yet, anyone else up for making any of those two I mentioned? Then I can go for the other one.
I will be more careful with choosing music for EDQ than what I was with my own videos, just so you know =)

Also: Is someone making a level as background to the ending credits?
metal sounds nice
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Xarthok wrote:
Centered Camera, no map, not pictures in front of kuski, no elma sounds, no moving apples. Just nice to see the levels in their original state. Only wrong thing skint0r did in EDQ2 was the use of highq.lgr
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

highq wasnt wrong imo, only thing 'wrang' was teh sky background in headbanger but double trouble with original ;=)=
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

I just put together a House soundtrack, duno if you guys would like such. I'll do Metal next. Audio is really not any size compared to the video so it doesn't matter if we have more extra soundtracks in the video imo =)
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

I took some songs that Xarthok mentioned for the House soundtrack, Metal soundtrack is pretty much done aswell, John and I thought Hip Hop maybe isn't that popular to listen to, to EDQ. But someone else could make it anyway if he or she wants to.

If anyone wants to have a color in any of the soundtracks I made, feel free to pm me and ask for the list of titles I have in that specific soundtrack, after that you can come with suggestions, like adding/removing songs, or put them in a different order etc. Kopaka will be the one throwing it all together since he has the video, it's too impsy to mix it good when you don't have anything to go after.
I won't post the titles here in the soundtracks because I think it would be more fun for most of the viewers if it came as a surprise!
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

We are 54/54 now. I have sent a message to wr holders to tell them aswell, and to ask for the replays from those who wanted to see if everyone else wanted to share aswell. Will be starting to capture replays soon, but there will still be time to replace with any new WRs of course.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Can't wait to see it!
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

first is teh best and desired size.
Morgan
36mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Morgan »

first becouse of size, but its... well not ugly, but not very cool imo - i mean colors and font
badyl
37mins club

Post by badyl »

put flags instead of first letters of nationality
edit:
And what about timer. Shoudn't it be on?
Jarkko
Kuski

Post by Jarkko »

First is good, but can you try putting drivers name little upwards and then places 2-5 below that in smaller font.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

2nd was nice, just need less rowspacing
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

First was the best font, but I really dislike the top 5 list. I mean who has even time to stare at it and understand the information while watching? No one!