KARMA system on Mopolauta?

This is the only place for Elma polls on Moposite. Kuski of Month polls are also here. Read more info >>

Moderator: Moporators

Do you want KARMA SYSTEM here?

YES
49%
NO
51%

Total votes: 37

Tigro
Kuski

KARMA system on Mopolauta?

Post by Tigro »

What do you think, would be karma system positive or negative feature on lauta?
do you want karma raitings here?

Look here for prior discussion

for those who do not know: Karma system allows users to vote others users posts, which will result in seeing which member has good/bad karma - writes good or crap posts.
This system is not meant to give dislike to posts you don´t agree with, but to posts which are low quality. This works vice versa, not post with matching stance as yours is good, but high quality (or pretty acceptable) posts would be "like" to their author.
Tell opinions.
Last edited by Tigro on 13 Dec 2012, 21:47, edited 2 times in total.
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Re: KARMA system on Mopolauta?

Post by Orcc »

And what would the benefits be? I think people don't need ratings to see which users are posting crap and which aren't.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

I don't need any KARMA to see who's posting crap.
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

karma system is nonsense. not only for lauta, in general.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Please check Tigro's link for an explanation of why this might work. It would make it clearer who might need to be banned for a while. "Banned because you got -50 karma this week" instead of "because you post crap". Makes sense?
Ecchi
39mins club

Post by Ecchi »

If everyone who posts crap got banned there wouldent really be alot of posts on here
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

It would work better on a more anonymous community, I'm pretty sure the votes would be biased here. Pawq, Bismuth, Tigro, A.K.B. etc. posting = auto downvote. Is it really that bad situation that everyone is craving for banning of other people?
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Ecchi wrote:If everyone who posts crap got banned there wouldent really be alot of posts on here
Orcc wrote:It would work better on a more anonymous community, I'm pretty sure the votes would be biased here. Pawq, Bismuth, Tigro, A.K.B. etc. posting = auto downvote.
I really don't think so. Many people only post informative and relevant stuff, and most people rarely post crap. But it would be easier to weed out the AKB's and maybe encourage the Louskus to stop spamming altogether. It's just a simple feedback system. Maybe some of us don't realize when our posts are useless?
Lousku wrote:I realized another problem with this idea: bullying. There's a fair amount of bullying in our community, but a karma system might just make it more obviously evil and result in less of it.
Orcc wrote:Is it really that bad situation that everyone is craving for banning of other people?
Sometimes feels that way, but maybe not.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Lousku wrote:"Banned because you got -50 karma this week" instead of "because you post crap". Makes sense?
No, it doesn't. You can't ban anyone for some -50 karma.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Madness wrote:
Lousku wrote:"Banned because you got -50 karma this week" instead of "because you post crap". Makes sense?
No, it doesn't. You can't ban anyone for some -50 karma.
Huh, why not?
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

For the same reason that you can't convict a human through a referendum.
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

we need active moderators, not a karma system.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

This would hardly work at lauta. Tigro, Pawq, Bis, AKB etc. would get negative karma automatically for every post regardless of the content and people like Svein and Markku would automatically get positive.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

I'm quoting myself from the other topic
Ville_J wrote:That is actually quite an interesting idea and it could work. I'm sure some people would use it wrong way, give negative points to posts they don't agree with or unlike. But maybe more people would give negatives to really really shit posts, and positive to informative ones. Quick googling told me that there is some karma mod for phpbb at least. But who's up for upgrading, I don't know. I wouldn't hold my breath. But I give this suggestion +1.
Indeed, maybe some of you would be so blind to give all Tigro posts negative karma. But maybe more people would have some kind of a sense to use it, or are you saying everyone's a retard? I hope not. Then people with lots of negative karma could get warnings or not being able to post for a short period.. don't actually know what is possible with that karma mod.

Anyways, another option to this is indeed active and more strict moderating, but obviously it is not happening atm. This karma system would be kind of outsourcing the moderating to the community as a whole. I think this would be a very nice thing to try at least.
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Haruhi wrote:This would hardly work at lauta. Tigro, Pawq, Bis, AKB etc. would get negative karma automatically for every post regardless of the content and people like Svein and Markku would automatically get positive.
I actually think the opposite will happen. :)
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

A.K.B. wrote:[...]
Downvoted.
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

Upvoted Madness, because he downvoted A.K.B.

Also, downvoted A.K.B.
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Upvoted A.K.B. everyone else downvoted by A.K.B.

Upvote me or you are a poo-pants!
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Upvotes for everyone ^_^
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

I'm gonna get downvoted to oblivion, but...

While it could be a somewhat interesting gimmick, I doubt it would actually improve the mopolauta experience.
Pingywings
Kuski
Team: singy

Post by Pingywings »

i kinda think the upvoting would be great though. sometimes you see a post and kinda want to show your appreciation but that showage doesn't really deserve a reply saying "lol" or "i agree"
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Pingywings wrote:i kinda think the upvoting would be great though. sometimes you see a post and kinda want to show your appreciation but that showage doesn't really deserve a reply saying "lol" or "i agree"
+1

(:D)
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Pingywings wrote:i kinda think the upvoting would be great though. sometimes you see a post and kinda want to show your appreciation but that showage doesn't really deserve a reply saying "lol" or "i agree"
0 again

(:D()