Elma Online site: Plans, Ideas, Changes

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

Tigro
Kuski

Re: Elma Online site: Plans, Ideas, Changes

Post by Tigro »

I use chrome, and the site looks very weird when opened, I dont see the whole width, just like left 2/3 of it. Solve is only zoom out to 75% (sucks), or any other method? Also clicking certain things result in no result, just refreshing screen.
edit: screenshot.
http://kopasite.net/up/m5c75uffwb69fay/damn.png
DR@CON
Kuski
Team: LATP

Post by DR@CON »

In my Opera everything works okey, didnt notice bug at least.
In Chrome had same problem last night like Tigro said.
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Tigro: ctrl + shift + delete, and delete cookies and other site shit.
schnon
Kuski

Post by schnon »

had the same bug in chrome
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

FinMan wrote:Tigro: ctrl + shift + delete, and delete cookies and other site shit.
meh, thanks FMik :)
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

bug: when you click on "battles", you'll see the fastest times as wintime for slowness battles. when you click on the battle however, it shows the correct time.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

also on the found internals levelpack page lev 33 links to 32 and 32 links to 33 when check everyone's best times
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

Winner's replay can't be downloaded in the leagues section.
for example: http://elmaonline.net/statistics/league/1#33150
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Someone suggested a while back that I should give some updates on what's being worked on, so I will do that now, also so you can come with input and because I can't sleep.

I update the to-do list on the first post of the topic:
1. Improved admin feature and contigency plan
2. Summary tables for stuff like playing time
3. Achievements etc. (for non-battles) [link]

1. I'm getting tired of doing things through PHPMyadmin so working on some backend tools to do the backend stuff that needs to be done sometimes a bit easier. It also came to me a while back that it would be smart with a contigency plan in the case that there will be a time when I'm not so active to do those things. So basically I want to make it possible for mods to do all the things that I currently have to do manually in the database. Such as checking ip and error log, flagging a time cheated etc. As part of that I'm also planning some more reporting features, like reporting a suspecious time, and improving the whole report system, mainly making it more visible for mods when there is a new report.

2. Stats like playing time, number of volts etc. is something many people would like to see. We had it in the very beginning when a small database allowed for it without too much lag, but had to remove that when the database got bigger. To do it now requires some background data processing, so the site can read it easier. I have made plans for how to do that a while back, and today starting working on the actual code. Currently there is playing time, apples taken, throttle time, brake time, left volts, right volts, supervolts, turns, number of runs, number of finishes, number of death, number of apple bugs, max speed. As a bonus information when I was working on that I noticed I had already made the code for a crippled summary table which has been live for a while, so getting that stats visible is close.

3. Achievements are largely depended on the summary tables in 2. so it will come afterwards. But I'm very much still in the planning phase when it comes to how do to it technically. Not really sure how to effectively check all runs wether they fit any achievements or help the player move toward an achievement and save that progress so it doesn't have to go back and check all runs again after each run.
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

looking forward that stuff! thanks kopa for taking the time to do that for you and us :)
bamilan
Kuski
Team: WLA

Post by bamilan »

1. On the individual player's result page (like http://elmaonline.net/players/bamilan):
Please show results in a form like this: 10th(4th), where the first number is your atcual ranking(current ranking system), and 2nd number is your ranking if time(whenever you got the result) doesnt matter. What i mean by that is if there are same results, your ranking is depend on who got the time first. In balles, especially in ff balles ppl may start late, and there are spots most players cant get through. If you are 13th with 2 apples, but 4th-16th places all got 2 apples, your result would be shown as: 13th(4th).

2. I posted it in a different topic, so this will be a duplicate:
Also on individual player's result page finish count balle rankings are calculated incorrectly.

3. Also duplicate:
Could you please make a public version of the database(only results part of it[balle results, internal times, level packs, wcup, ...]) available to download?
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

Kopaka, can you please add Country in player settings?
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Can I add levelpacks for other members who aren't still around?

For example, can I add a levelpack made by Olliz because he is absent from the scene? Is there a way to specify who is the designer besides in the levelpack description?
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

The_BoneLESS wrote:Can I add levelpacks for other members who aren't still around?

For example, can I add a levelpack made by Olliz because he is absent from the scene? Is there a way to specify who is the designer besides in the levelpack description?
Yeah go ahead - nobody cares about who is listed for pack designer on the site and those that play most packs know anyway.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

How does team lock work?

I changed my team to MiE for wcup but now i would like to get back in SV with pab, commonseb and barryp but team is locked
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Anyone from the team can unlock from settings page, then you join and then you can lock it again.
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

I'd like to see full information about current and queued battles in all three: in-game, #battle and EOL page. At the moment the information seems quite randomly scattered. In one place you can see battle type, in other place you can see if other players or times are hidden etc.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

(Pasibly nat so) litel request: lev name and/or other details in title of lev/balle pages for ez browser history searching and sacsh.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Fixed the issue with overall times only showing first 10.000 times, an issue in warm up for example. Some other stuff was fixed earlier check news post for full list http://elmaonline.net/news/33

Forgot about the email bug, sorry about empty email again :)
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

I like the change, could you make possible to use dot or comma instead of only comma to write time?
Also, to keep rank of the time when using "times higher than".

Not that I need those, just ideas for improvements, good work as usual Kopa!
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

A little update on what's going on:

Playing time stats is mostly done, but ran in to some issues with generating the data, basically too slow. And then it was so slow I couldn't really test it properly to see what was happening. Been a while since I touched that now, so might have some fresh eyes for it now, soon.

Lately I've been working on rewriting the layout code, mainly to incorporate bootstrap functionality, to improve bad code and to improve the interface where necessary. The same look but improved code. Using bootstrap means making it responsive, which means a better experience on small screens such as smartphones and the ability to get full use of very big screens. This might not be top priority but I had the motivation for it now, mainly due to personal reasons such as the learning experience. This is now done for the recursive parts you see on all pages and for the frontpage. To avoid a similar situation as last I did a major overhaul to the layout (completely unusable on chrome) I will make a public test site, so anyone can test it out on their browsers and devices and so that I can get feedback early in the process. More on this to come.
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

nice! didnt know u were working on this secretly :3
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

How about adding 1h tt record to profile page?
NoobSty2-competition

roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Just noticed that the achievement in battles played is a bit misleading; you need 8000 normal battles played to get the "8000+ battles played" achievement.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

There has been an issue with some internal wr times being shown after the weekly update, if there was more than 1 new time in that level that week. This issue has been solved and it's confirmed working properly now. Thanks to bene for investigation! So you can now feel free to make multiple wr improvements in the same level in the same week without fearing the times being public.

As for random ideas people write here from time to time, they are all read and will try to get them into updates somewhere down along the line, unless I explicitly say it's something I can't do, don't want or need more discussion about. So keep doing it, this is the best place for them as I can go back and find new things to do.
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Just a thought I had today: I think there should be a public ban list in the EOL site somewhere. Now when people are banned other people are just confused; why, when?
So: I propose a public ban list which includes the nick, the crime and the length of the ban. If people would be too ashamed of such punishment they shouldn't commit any elma crimes.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

does this conform to the european charter of kuski rights?
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

In battles page, is it possible to activate the search on a validation of the input field ? (pressing enter i mean)
Mrrrr
Kuski

Post by Mrrrr »

Dunno if it's been said in 11 pages, but it would be nice to have a stat of total hours played for each player. For example:
- total hours played in the last 24 hours
- total hours played this month
- total hours played since joining EOL (or since the counter was created - date should be specified)

Just a thought.
RiP Mawane ((
RiP Devin ((
wtf mans?!
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

I would like stats that count the number of times you finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, etc. Like this:
1st: 236
2nd: 412
3rd: 120
4th: 56
5th: 17
etc.
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

gotta be some bug in amount of batles played
when you tick month: 01-2015 and set amount of battles played you see many values over 300 which is simply impossible when you only look at players profile. for example site says moonjelly played 309 normals. when u check his profile u can see battles from 2014 even.
somehow some players' values are correct in section of normals, but not in other battletypes.
short example of markku:
- he played 5 normals this year, and so shows the site.
- when you check amount of ffs, site says he played 12, but he played 11 at the moment ive been counting (almost sure i counted it right :d)
- when u select ALL battle types u see he played 77 battles which is incorrect. he played total of 18 battles in 2015 - 5norm, 1onelife, 1apple, 11 ffs (source: profile).
checking stats doesnt work for sections like onelife and apple battle (no idea if that can be the cause of that)
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Possible to somehow link battles to chat, so when browsing chat history I could see what level was on/last battled when the comment was made? It's possible to do it manually by searching a match from battle history to the time when the comment is made, but that's a lot of work.

i.e. if I see someone saying "amazing lev" in chat history, I could see what level he was talking about.

Ofc not that important, but would be a nice feature.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

Possible to make it look like this? It looks so much better.
BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

Good idea LeeLand!
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

Would be great to implement Max's online replay viewer on eol site
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Hi I would like to ask for a little bit more settings for Level Pack place on EOL site, for example to be able to Edit packs and add new levs and also remove mistake levs because wrong order or so, if it would happen sometime
ToMaT
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

A calculator how much one has improved his TT during last month/year/something
NoobSty2-competition

Maxdamantus
Kuski

Post by Maxdamantus »

Mawane wrote:Would be great to implement Max's online replay viewer on eol site
I've made a bookmarklet hack that people can use in the meantime:

Code: Select all

javascript:[].forEach.call(document.getElementsByTagName("a"),function(e){var a=String(e.href).split("http://elmaonline.net/downloads/recplayer/");if(a.length==2){a=a[1].split("/");console.log(a);var s=document.body.appendChild(document.createElement("script"));var p="http://maxdamantus.github.io/recplay/";s.src=p+"amd.js";s.onload=function(){require([p+"controller"],function(c){while(document.body.firstChild)document.body.removeChild(document.body.firstChild);c("/downloads/lev/"+a[1],p+"images",document.body,document)(function(d){d.resize(1024,768);d.loadReplay("/downloads/brec/"+a[0]);});});};}});
If you copy that and save it as a bookmark, you should be able to open it while on a battle results page and have it load the player.
Grass doesn't work like that though, as the JavaScript/canvas are on the elmaonline page and the images are on a different host (GitHub)—it expects to be able to inspect the grass graphics to figure out how to clip them.
Edit: made it do some imprecise grass fallback thing where it just approximates a line through the middle.
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

awesome! thansk max :D
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

I think eol ranking for 2015 is wrong.
Danielj [TAH] number of levels
in total: 1483
in 2015: 615
in 2014: 1381
in 2013: 483
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Ye ez.

[07.02.2015] [12:48:25] <roopemies> my weekly win percentages this year: 28,6% 24,3%, 9,6%, 14,9%, 34,1%, 3,3%
[07.02.2015] [12:48:28] <roopemies> overall win percentage for the year 2015: 1,7%
[07.02.2015] [12:48:32] <roopemies> http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/58918498.jpg
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Kopaka wrote:A little update on what's going on:

Playing time stats is mostly done, but ran in to some issues with generating the data, basically too slow. And then it was so slow I couldn't really test it properly to see what was happening. Been a while since I touched that now, so might have some fresh eyes for it now, soon.

Lately I've been working on rewriting the layout code, mainly to incorporate bootstrap functionality, to improve bad code and to improve the interface where necessary.
A little update since it's been half a year since the last. Not much new to tell, still working on the same things. Going through all 134 view files to rewrite the html, and update layout here and there when I see fit. Most of them are pretty small but still a lot to go through. Play stats I haven't gotten to. Looked a bit into crippled today as some people were talking about it in #across. It is basically done, just need some minor adjustment for performance. So hopefully I will get through that some day, and these things will be in the same release when I do.

What I'd like to do going forward is more API kind of stuff. Meaning opening more up for other people to make use of the data from eol in their own projects. Simply because I will never get around to do all the cool stuff we can do with this data and taking other people into coding for the actual EOL site is a bit cumbersome. So if you have any ideas as for what kinda of data would be most useful to have access to let me know. Most interesting would be projects where you make something that benefits other people, and not just something for yourself to have fun with.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Kopaka wrote:Going through all 134 view files to rewrite the html, and update layout here and there when I see fit
Sounds like you'd have a much easier time doing new things with the site if you did some re-factoring of everything and made things more modular in nature -- separating all the html and php etc., at least by the sounds of things. You could make a private repo and give access to some trusted people to look over things and maybe make some changes? You can decide yourself which changes to implement etc. https://bitbucket.org/ has private repo for both git and mercurial at least as an option for that. Maybe add some week/months worth of SQL dump for people to test locally with any code they try out. I think coding everything on your own often leads you to becoming blind to problem code and things becoming really unoptimized.

I don't know how heavily you've dug through the code or if everything's mostly been done sporadically or on an impulse, but if you haven't done so I'd really suggest doing some profiling on your code. The first time I used it earlier some months ago it opened my eyes to how just one random shitty 2 line piece of code can completely destroy the efficiency of a script. http://www.xdebug.org/ was really imba nice for that.
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

It's already modular using MVC, OOP and those fancy things. Setting up repo and stuff like that is a lot of work for something that might very well amount to nothing. I actually had a repo set up at one point and jon wrote 1 line of code. Nothing bad about jon, but my point being I'm not so sure there's anyone who would do the work that is understanding the database and the code and then make a significant enough amount of work on the site that it's worth bothering. Which is why I was talking about API stuff. People seem to be more into making stuff on their own, and are already using data from EOL without using any kind of API. With an API they can easier access the data without having to understand the database of existing code, I can easier control the data without having to look over all code being written, and other people don't feel the pressure of being part of the "eol team" but can do stuff on their own.

Of course the EOL site is still important to get continously updated and improved, but bug fixes, refactoring and stuff like that isn't exactly what people are motivated to do, so I don't really see it happening.
ROKKEBOL
Kuski

Post by ROKKEBOL »

The "White" theme doesn't highlight links:

Well, it actually does, but colors are ubersimilar.

kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

http://elmaonline.net/statistics/levelpack/RHP

This pack seems to be bugged (no levels, no download), pos do something about it?
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

My guess is that Alma just made the pack but never added the levels. That pack is in Kopasite anyway, IMO those shouldn't be added to many places. Need a big cleaning of those kind of failed attempts at adding packs.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Playd balles acting kinda weird. It says I played 62 balles this year when in reality playd 11. Remember similar thing happend with amount of made levs.
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

New feature: when you go to a lev's statistic page you could find link to battle(s) played in the lev
NoobSty2-competition

Sla
36mins club
Team: SpEF

Post by Sla »

Is there any way to check Internal times from an individual player? I mean, without searching lev by lev on top1000.

Offtopic: Happy Birthday Orcc!