Can`t log on to EOL

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

Smygvild
39mins club

Can`t log on to EOL

Post by Smygvild »

Hi. I have been unable to play elma online for a month now, for some unknown reason. I suspect that it may be related to the fact that I shared my elma-folder with two friends - and not changing any personal settings before I shared the folder. I have tried changing the password, but to no avail... When I was home for christmas, I sat down to play elma online on my computer there, and it worked, for some reason. Dunno what`s wrong, and I get no replies on elma online webpage. Plz help!
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Re: Can`t log on to EOL

Post by Mawane »

IP: 205.196.222.34
does that fix the problem?
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Smygvild
39mins club

Post by Smygvild »

No, I've checked that IP several times... I am considering just opening a new account and ask for play-rights on that. To see if that changes anything
Markku
38mins club

Post by Markku »

Do you get any error message when trying to connect? Your account seems fine from our end, you have all the playing rights needed and no bans.

First, check in eolconf that you don't have "2nd Nick" checked; you most likely can not connect, if it's checked and the nick/pass fields for player 2 are empty.

If that doesn't help, I suggest trying with clean exes and dll from http://elmaonline.net/dl/EOL.zip. Note that you'll have to update the IP on that version of eolconf to the one Mawane posted.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Smygvild
39mins club

Post by Smygvild »

Errormessage: "Error: tcp connect".

2nd Nick not checked off, so it's not that. I'm pretty sure that eol-config was identical before and after I was denied access.

I guess I can try the last advice, but it'll have to wait to tomorrow:). Thanks for the advice, hopefully it will work.
Smygvild
39mins club

Post by Smygvild »

Tried to import all files from EOL-zip, and replace existing, but to no avail... Also spent an hour trying to find old versions of elma, downloading patches, and then installing EOL. Did not work either.

I have played with the thought that it might be IP-related, or that someone else in this building has blocked ports needed to play online(Don't know if that's possible, but I imagine it could be).

Though I mean to recall that I did not get access when trying to play EOL at a different location either. So I am somewhat lost to what I can do next.
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

So you have same password for elmaonline and eolconfig? Can you login on elmaonline?
No hidden space_ after/before nick or something simple like that.
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
Smygvild
39mins club

Post by Smygvild »

I wish... The problem seems to be the internet, because I can play eol at different locations. But I can`t seem to find the main cause. The funny thing is: PSN(PlayStationNetwork) has stopped working aswell, and this happened right around the same time as eol stopped working. I have played with the thought that someone else living here has closed ports, but I that does not seem very likely, considering who lives here other than me.
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Go check Router settings. Think NAT shouldn't be strict because that can make you unable to connect to other players online
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Tried "TCP only" setting in eolconf?
Team SPEED

Smygvild
39mins club

Post by Smygvild »

But it seems strange that I suddenly cannot connect... Yes, Labs. I have tried both with "tcp only" and without.
To access the router, I need log-on information, and that is something I do not have. The land-lord should have it somewhere, but I doubt he remembers... I am going to ask him to call the internet-provider and hopefully they got an idea.
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

usually is admin admin if not then is on the bottom of router.
Team SPEED

kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I had a router where login/pass was telecomadmin/admintelecom or such. You could probably google it by the name of the router.
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Smygvild
39mins club

Post by Smygvild »

Did not find the router in the link, Mats... Neither is the password or username written on the router. BUT I tried some of the standard combinations, and I lucked out. If any of you got any tips for the port forwarding of elasto mania online, I would be happy. I am about to try using eol-ip and ports 4460-4461 forwarded.
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

need to put your local ip, (run,cmd,ipconfig) and 4461 udp but if you cant login at all im dont think this is the problem. donno what im talking about though
status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
Smygvild
39mins club

Post by Smygvild »

Problem solved! The internet provider had activated an "abuse block" because they suspected that one of the computers on the network had virus... And they were kind enough to not mention this to the users --> me. Anywho, problem solved. Thanks for the effort!
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

grattis :beer: