FEM 2015 - 1st post updated 8.8.!

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Re: FEM 2015 planning

Post by Lousku »

An reminder: Onnibus has sikly cheap bus trips if you buy early (ideal for us since we already know the dates), for example you can get Helsinki-Tampere-Helsinki tickets for 2e atm: http://booking.onnibus.com/Pricing/Show ... CS=2062916 (Tampere is about 50km from the farm, easier to arrange rides from there)
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Lousku wrote:A higher limit on filenames would be great (wtf is it with Balazs and his limits everywhere), because we could name them liek insguy's suggestion but without shortening everything to unidentifiability, like: FEM15lousku01 instead of F15lou01. Everyone's FEM15 subprefixes would be their own responsibility but everything would still be unified as a pack. But oke, kinda useless wishing sach for now.
I think as long as there are no double names with first 3 letters we will be fine. Scanned through participants and looks good.
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Lousku wrote:An reminder: Onnibus has sikly cheap bus trips if you buy early (ideal for us since we already know the dates), for example you can get Helsinki-Tampere-Helsinki tickets for 2e atm: http://booking.onnibus.com/Pricing/Show ... CS=2062916 (Tampere is about 50km from the farm, easier to arrange rides from there)
Booked my bus (Helsinki-Tampere) two way for 7€! Very nice info, thanks Lousku!
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Bartek just did the transfer of payment of the cabbin :D

You should too, get fucking STOKED!

From what I hear about the planning this far it seems like it will be fucking awesome!!!
Elasto Mania - ez better
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

I could do the payment, but are the final prices decided yet?
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Lousku wrote:I would obv like to have a good flagtag competition, but last year it wasn't very good because splitting a wide screen horizontally leaves very little space, and some mans prefer to play zoomed in. Also, pressing esc is very instinctive, but in beisik non-EOL flagtag it ends the battle and you have to write the times down. So again a private LAN EOL server would be mega nice.
Yes, someone please make that happen! I doubt it is will happen though, so someone please at least arrange a flagtag competition with split screen. I think if we set up one PC with two keyboards it will be ok. In ideal situation we would have the projector and could host this competition on the projector screen. And all in all we seem to need more people to arrange competitions. Please someone arrange at least arrange normal battle cup similar to that zebra's previous year one. =)
adi wrote:About contests: I'll vote for internal 24htt battle (or any other marathon competition).
Yes, I think there should be a period of few days left unscheduled about competitions with an expection for 24h TT battle. So those who want to play that could play that the rest could be cheering for those who play.
Ramone wrote:Well, first off, I think its much more fun it contests/battles are held offline. Normal EOL playing is what we all do rest of the year. Its much more fun to go around and watch recs at each players comp. More interaction, and awesome fun. Makes it more exclusive. Just ppl pressing F11 and watching rec at their station and no comment is quite lame (imo) and also its fun to have only FEM ppl battles.
People playing EOL battles is something what we can not avoid even if we wanted, trust me. And it's not necessarily even a bad thing since that way people who already left FEM can get a bit back into FEMfeeling again and this applies also to those that didn't visit FEM at all. But I really agree that planned competitions (at least mostly) should be played privately. We perhaps could distribute the levs in FEM IRC channel and use that for midcompetition chatting instead of EOL chat etc.
roope to Ramone wrote:You seem to want a lot of internal contests (and they have been quite traditional in the past), but for example I - and probably most of the new battle-oriented generation - really wouldn't play any of those. On the other hand for example adi was really eager to play that kind of stuff last year but it didn't happen. Something for everyone I guess. I think some kind of IRC brainstorming session for activities and who's gonna take charge of them would be nice. :)
I think it's perfectly ok to have also unpopular contests as long as there is someone to arrange those. I think any competition arranged by someone is better than nothing. :P
Lousku wrote:I think having everything under a single levname prefix is a sik hassle because there's so many mans making levs all the time. Someone would hev to collect every lev (often through some usb stick or something because not everyone is online) and add into the pack before the lev is used in a balle or any contest. Theer's almost bound to be overlap in lev numbers and wrong versions in EOL database and random mans just adding their levs to it etc.
I think that could work out if we have one guy who is an "official FEMbattle starter" and who collects all the levels from others, renames them and then starts the battle in EOL (or offline if we want to keep it like that). That way things are in good control and people could still be starting unofficial battles in EOL when there are not many people playing (and therefore there perhaps shouldn't be official FEMbattles). This official FEMbattle starter guy could also make statistics from these battles and so on and at the end best FEMbattler could get a price and so on. But once again it's all about finding an arranger. :(
Orcc wrote:I could do the payment, but are the final prices decided yet?
It has been hard to try to think of reasonable prices. This year the cabin with the extra sauna cabin and end cleaning is going to be something like 300€ more than prev year. On the other hand we are (hopefully) going to have a bit more ppl. But I am not really sure about that one since not that many have announced their coming in the spreadsheet. I know many who are coming but haven't put their names into there and I really haven't made a list of them. Anyway, maybe the safest thing would be to increase the prices a bit. If we collect too much money, we could buy bear for everyone or buy more prices for competitions. Also could donate to EOL server. Anyway how about something like this:

Code: Select all

0 nights: 10€ (+0%)
1         20€ (+11%)
2         30€ (+20%)
3         38€ (+27%)
4         46€ (+35%) (*)
5         54€ (+20%)
6         60€ (+20%)
7         66€ (+20%)
8-10      72€ (+20%)

(*): there was a mistake in prev year's chart and 4 nights should have been 40€ instead of 35€
The percentages are relative to prev year.

These prices should be ok for most people. However, I know that for some of us some 50€ is significant amount of money. But I don't want anyone not to come due to the prices. So if that is the situation for someone, perhaps he could contact me and we could negotiate some discount. Would this be ok for all?

Some weeks ago I by the way emailed a bit with the cabin lady and we can get some extra mattresses for free for the first weekend. However, also these mattresses need bedsheets or a sleeping bag or some other coverage. So please bring your own bedsheets. If you can't bring them, please ask your friend to bring them to you. Last year I brought some extra bedsheets but it turned out my mom tries to sell the car I have been using now and then so I might not be able to come with car and hence not bring loads of extra things with me. :S

Tomorrow I try to update all the important things to the opening post. If the suggested prices are ok for all I will update my internet bank info to there too and ask people to pay. And as mentioned here few most eager ones have already paid even though we didn't know the final prices. :D
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

nick-o-matic wrote: Yes, someone please make that happen! I doubt it is will happen though, so someone please at least arrange a flagtag competition with split screen. I think if we set up one PC with two keyboards it will be ok. In ideal situation we would have the projector and could host this competition on the projector screen. And all in all we seem to need more people to arrange competitions. Please someone arrange at least arrange normal battle cup similar to that zebra's previous year one. =)
I'm planning on coming this year too (probably on the first weekend) and if I come, it's ok for me to arrange similar battle cup :) So you can already start to design your lev ;)
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

zebra wrote:I'm planning on coming this year too (probably on the first weekend) and if I come, it's ok for me to arrange similar battle cup :) So you can already start to design your lev ;)
Nice to hear! =)

I now updated all the important things to the opening post and keep updating it when new stuff appears.
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Re: FEM 2015 - 1st post updated 17.7.!

Post by nick-o-matic »

Okay, updated the first post once again. So what do you think of idea of people bringing prizes for competitions themselves (instead of me buying all of them with femmoney) and I could then either pay something from femmoney for you for bringing those prizes or alternatively you could donate those prizes?
Mrrrr
Kuski

Post by Mrrrr »

I would love to come but I spent all my money on a trip to London this autumn... so I guess I will come some other time :(
RiP Mawane ((
RiP Devin ((
wtf mans?!
Tm
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Tm »

I'll probably come at FEM 2016 or 2017 :)
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

nick-o-matic wrote:Okay, updated the first post once again. So what do you think of idea of people bringing prizes for competitions themselves (instead of me buying all of them with femmoney) and I could then either pay something from femmoney for you for bringing those prizes or alternatively you could donate those prizes?
Sounds good. I will make some price for my TT Balle :)
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Paid 30 euros for the first weekend.

I don't think prizes are that important, the feeling of winning matters more than a candy bar or two. However I still have those Elma Lapin Kulta etiquettes, so I could bring more of those as prizes. The original etiquette design has recently changed, so I'm not sure if they look good on the new bottles.

Also my car has been broken for five weeks and might be that I need to scrap it, so I'm not yet sure whether I'll have a new car available for FEM weekend. That means I might need a ride from Tampere or something on Friday.
NoobSty2-competition

nick-o-matic
Kuski

Re: FEM 2015 - 1st post updated 25.7.!

Post by nick-o-matic »

Nice to hear you might/will be coming in the future Mrrrr and Tm!
insane guy wrote:Sounds good. I will make some price for my TT Balle :)
Cool! My idea was that people could bring prizes to any competitions though (the competition arranger doesn't have to bring their own prizes).
Orcc wrote:Paid 30 euros for the first weekend.
Thank you! Started updating people that have paid to the opening post. The list doesn't look too good so far so I really hope that people start paying.
Orcc wrote:I don't think prizes are that important, the feeling of winning matters more than a candy bar or two. However I still have those Elma Lapin Kulta etiquettes, so I could bring more of those as prizes. The original etiquette design has recently changed, so I'm not sure if they look good on the new bottles.
Candy bars are very unspecial but I think right kind of prizes can be really nice since then you get some relic that always reminds you of your win. I think the chili sauces were really wanted last year and there could be more chili sauces this year as well. Also I now ordered from China things called jianzi (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rstU_NksEGs), those are really fun. They are like footbags but a lot ezer. Also beer bottles might be good prizes even though those don't last like chili sauces and jianzis.

By the way, Ismo has been working on a result calculator! http://metsavir.kapsi.fi/bb-countdowner/#/results
It is cabable of importing info from EOL database through level ID and you can also manually add/delete times. It's really handy for beer battle / normal battle cup assuming that we play online in EOL in levels that are not battled like last year.
Ismo
39mins club

Post by Ismo »

By the way, Ismo has been working on a result calculator! http://metsavir.kapsi.fi/bb-countdowner/#/results
It is cabable of importing info from EOL database through level ID and you can also manually add/delete times. It's really handy for beer battle / normal battle cup assuming that we play online in EOL in levels that are not battled like last year.
Yes, work very much in progress still so not everything implemented yet and must be some bugs here and there. Also Elmaonline API isn't returning some header that at least Chrome wants for security reasons or something, so getting data won't work yet without tuning. To get fetching work you need to start Chrome with --disable-web-security flag or install extension which adds needed header to responses.

Bugs/feedback can be messaged to me Ismo^@ircnet. When something is ready for publishing, I'll put everything to GitHub.

ps. Also made sick countdowner for beer battle (or random gymming.. have to change inputs to accept something else than minute integers then.. maybe I will). http://metsavir.kapsi.fi/bb-countdowner
[00:21:58] (@cyre) ismo taas juonu liikaa omenamehuu
Kortsu
Kuski

Post by Kortsu »

I can only visit on the second weekend this time, putted 30 eur to nom. Looking forward to seeing you people!
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Thank you for payments, I will update the list soon!
Kortsu wrote:I can only visit on the second weekend this time, putted 30 eur to nom. Looking forward to seeing you people!
Nice to hear that the second weekend is useful at least for you, I hope others will come for that weekend as well. :)

The strict time and date for FFCup should be scheduled soon. This is because the plan is that also non-fem people could play it so it needs to be advertised a bit and so on. But we should have at least the femquiz, beer battle and battlecup during the first weekend. So how should we do this? Here is some pondering from #fem2015: http://pastebin.com/4k9ZNkPU. All in all I think the first weekend events should be scheduled at least roughly. For rest of the week scheduling is not needed imo.

I will btw most likely have a car for FEM so I can give rides for others.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I find this topic very confusing. Like. I dont even know the name of the city I am going to. Cant find in first post. Seems liek you assume all allready know. Anyway, I just booked and paid for the ferry. So now its 100%. (kinda was before too but had to wait til got salary to pay) So, we arrvie on firday morning. Kinda need to know where to go and maybe some other things. We booked to Åbo because we think that is closer to place we are going to than Helsinki. I hope we were correct on that one. Anyway, someone (I dont remember who) told me that was the case.

SEE YOU THERE!!! In my awesome car will also be travelling the most Amazing Bartek with all his fun. And ofc also Göteborgaren Tomas (aka Luther).

If all works out I will borrow Luthers computer and he will bring computer from his work. If this not works out (cant see why wouldnt) I wont be travelling with a PC. But hey, doesnt matter much I assume. Or, I dont know. I can still talk. I learned that many years ago, many years before Elasto Mania was even thought of, think about that.

Looking forward to one special moment on FEM really much. :D

peace love and beer!

/Ramnoe
Elasto Mania - ez better
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Ramone wrote:I find this topic very confusing. Like. I dont even know the name of the city I am going to. Cant find in first post. Seems liek you assume all allready know. Anyway, I just booked and paid for the ferry. So now its 100%. (kinda was before too but had to wait til got salary to pay) So, we arrvie on firday morning. Kinda need to know where to go and maybe some other things. We booked to Åbo because we think that is closer to place we are going to than Helsinki. I hope we were correct on that one. Anyway, someone (I dont remember who) told me that was the case.
Yeah you're very correct, Åbo much closer. Here's some routefinding help: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Turku+H ... 61.3253013

See you there)
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

We were talking about organizing the beer battle on Saturday starting at 15:00. First we could play 10 levels, then have a 2h sauna break and then 5 more. I've created three levels by myself and I try to find some more. If you want to include yours, contact me in IRC.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Updated the payments. The total amount I have received is now 572€ so only about 1000 more euros is needed. :| (EDIT: 644€)

We discussed the internet things in #fem2015 recently. We probably need all the internet stuff you could bring. Mokkulas, ethernet cables, switches, routers to which you can attach mokkulas, cables with which you can connect smartphones to PCs and share internet that way and so on. Please inform if you bring something like that.
zebra
Kuski

Re: FEM 2015 - 1st post updated 1.8.!

Post by zebra »

I'm thinking of the battle cup... If Friday is difficult (people coming late) and Saturday is the beer battle day, the battle cup should be maybe on Sunday? Last year battle cup lasted for 6 hours if I remember correctly. It had 13 levels (the results are still here). Maybe this year it should be a little shorter, maybe with 10 levels or so. Are there some other events on Sunday too? Femquiz or FFcup maybe? Anyway, I feel that Sunday is the best day for battle cup. Maybe starting at noon or a bit later? And if I arrange it, it will be same kind of old school battle cup than last year (no internet needed, the levels will be delivered with USB stick and times can be yelled directly to me).
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

So after a lot of working and travelling I am back in Germany and will be home in Berlin next weekend so I can finally start my FEM preparation.

Levs/Events:
I will try to submit levs to all events in the beginning of next week (Battle Cup - zebra, Beer Battle Cup - Abula, FFCup - nom) if not too late by then.

TT Balle by insguy (me):
Now that there already seems to be a lot going on on the first weekend, I think that I'll start my TT Balle on monday when things cooled off a little. Or maybe, as it is only one hour long maybe we can squeeze it in somewhere. Price will be a hand drawn picture by me.

Help:
My last TT Balle was like 10 years ago or so and I have no idea how to calculate all the times and stuff anymore. I remember some pretty simple tool by zebra, maybe someone can give me a hint?

Questions:
Is there/will there be some kind of phone list? Should we put it in the google doc? Might come in handy for picking up people...
Are girls allowed at FEM?

Filming:
Part of the reason I am coming to FEM is because of my documentary film project (http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8885). FEM will be my starting point. I will film some stuff and maybe ask some of you if you want to do a short interview. But don't worry: I am not going to run around 24/7 and stick my camera in peoples faces while they are having a good time. I want to hang out and play elma just like everyone else.
The footage I'll shoot will be mostly for research purposes as I am still in the storyfinding/pre-production phase. However, some of it might be put into a trailer for the funding phase. The trailer will be public (propably on Youtube). So if anyone is uncomfortable with that please let me know. I will not film people who don't want to be on camera.

Looking forward big time!
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

insane guy wrote: I will try to submit levs to all events in the beginning of next week (Battle Cup - zebra, Beer Battle Cup - Abula, FFCup - nom) if not too late by then.
Hmm thanks, I forgot that I should maybe make levs for the other events too, I only have an FF Cup level ready.
insane guy wrote:Questions:
Is there/will there be some kind of phone list? Should we put it in the google doc? Might come in handy for picking up people...
Are girls allowed at FEM?
No phone list at the moment imo, and one hasn't been planned either. I think the people that have agreed on going together have traded/will trade numbers. Also with almost everyone nowadays having smartphones it's easy to ask in IRC if there's any troubles. Of course wouldn't hurt to put numbers on the sheet too.
I don't see why girls wouldn't be allowed, but I'm pretty sceptical about them wanting to join (also who would these girls be?) :D
insane guy wrote: Filming:
Part of the reason I am coming to FEM is because of my documentary film project (http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8885). FEM will be my starting point. I will film some stuff and maybe ask some of you if you want to do a short interview. But don't worry: I am not going to run around 24/7 and stick my camera in peoples faces while they are having a good time. I want to hang out and play elma just like everyone else.
The footage I'll shoot will be mostly for research purposes as I am still in the storyfinding/pre-production phase. However, some of it might be put into a trailer for the funding phase. The trailer will be public (propably on Youtube). So if anyone is uncomfortable with that please let me know. I will not film people who don't want to be on camera.
This is actually one of the things I'm really looking forward to. A good mix of interviewing old-timers and newer guys would be cool. I don't mind filming but I do think there will be people that are not okay with it.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
zebra
Kuski

Post by zebra »

insane guy wrote: Levs/Events:
I will try to submit levs to all events in the beginning of next week (Battle Cup - zebra, Beer Battle Cup - Abula, FFCup - nom) if not too late by then.
If you are coming to FEM, easiest way is to give them to me there, but you can send beforehands too :) If there will be too many levels, I will only accept 10 first ones, and only one from each designer.
insane guy wrote: Help:
My last TT Balle was like 10 years ago or so and I have no idea how to calculate all the times and stuff anymore. I remember some pretty simple tool by zebra, maybe someone can give me a hint?
Maybe you mean my old combobattle program: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/combobattle/cb19.exe
Don't ask me anything about it, I don't remember anymore how to use it... :)
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

you can calculate with eol. just add pack in config and it will make a txt every time you quit eol.
Elasto Mania - ez better
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

zebra wrote:I'm thinking of the battle cup... If Friday is difficult (people coming late) and Saturday is the beer battle day, the battle cup should be maybe on Sunday? Last year battle cup lasted for 6 hours if I remember correctly. It had 13 levels (the results are still here). Maybe this year it should be a little shorter, maybe with 10 levels or so. Are there some other events on Sunday too? Femquiz or FFcup maybe? Anyway, I feel that Sunday is the best day for battle cup. Maybe starting at noon or a bit later? And if I arrange it, it will be same kind of old school battle cup than last year (no internet needed, the levels will be delivered with USB stick and times can be yelled directly to me).
We were thinking of dividing the battle cup into 2 or 3 parts because we weren't able to think of long enough slot for it. But I think this way it goes smoothly, I hope you agree too. =)

What comes into calculating points, Ismo already made this handy tool (mainly for beerbattle though) so I think it's concenient to use it unless the battle cup is like hidden time cup (nobody plays online). I think it should either be like that or so that everyone play online so that everyone can see others' times from shift+f5. Last year some played online and some offline so it wasn't really fair.
insane guy wrote:I will try to submit levs to all events in the beginning of next week (Battle Cup - zebra, Beer Battle Cup - Abula, FFCup - nom) if not too late by then.
There's room in FF-cup at least. :)
insane guy wrote:Now that there already seems to be a lot going on on the first weekend, I think that I'll start my TT Balle on monday when things cooled off a little. Or maybe, as it is only one hour long maybe we can squeeze it in somewhere. Price will be a hand drawn picture by me.
Sunday evening poss maybe. Sounds like nice prize btw!
insane guy wrote:Filming:
Part of the reason I am coming to FEM is because of my documentary film project (http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8885
Now everyone think of something smart to say in the film! :D
Ramone wrote:you can calculate with eol. just add pack in config and it will make a txt every time you quit eol.
That would be great for those TT competitions. I have actually been unsure if that feature works in EOL because I have sometimes tried it and failed. But I guess it works if you have managed to use it. :)

I have now received about 900€ in payments. Updated the first post. Let's see if we skip the extra sauna cabin rent. It saves 100€. That cabin and its 3 beds would be useful during the first weekend only since it seems that the cabin is crowded only during the first weekend.
zebra
Kuski

Post by zebra »

nick-o-matic wrote:We were thinking of dividing the battle cup into 2 or 3 parts because we weren't able to think of long enough slot for it. But I think this way it goes smoothly, I hope you agree too. =)
What would be these slots? If there are too many competitions, should we leave this battle cup out? Last year there wasn't any competitions going anymore so it was easy to organize. About the dividing, it's ok for me, but the more parts there are, the harder it is to gather people.
nick-o-matic wrote: What comes into calculating points, Ismo already made this handy tool (mainly for beerbattle though) so I think it's concenient to use it unless the battle cup is like hidden time cup (nobody plays online). I think it should either be like that or so that everyone play online so that everyone can see others' times from shift+f5. Last year some played online and some offline so it wasn't really fair.
Can you give me the tool?
If there is internet for everybody, then it's ok to play there, but i doubt it. It's quite impossible to have hidden time cup because you can always spectate other players. But I think it's ok. Lets not take this too seriously :)
roope
37mins club

Re: FEM 2015 - 1st post updated 8.8.!

Post by roope »

For sure shouldn't leave the battle cup out, I think it's one of the competitions people (especially sober ones) are most looking forward to. Of course it's an option to not have it on the first weekend so the schedule wouldn't be so front-loaded, even if it means that some people won't be able to play it.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Kortsu
Kuski

Post by Kortsu »

nick-o-matic wrote: I have now received about 900€ in payments. Updated the first post. Let's see if we skip the extra sauna cabin rent. It saves 100€. That cabin and its 3 beds would be useful during the first weekend only since it seems that the cabin is crowded only during the first weekend.
Do you mean the sauna near the small pond? If so, I am willing to pay extra to make it available. It had good sauna ability.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I have decided not to play cookieclicker over fem. decided this for better Elma Experience!

Also, please tell me what I need to bring. Are there quilts etc?

Please write a post as if you was talking to a child that does not understand to explain what the will bring to me and what I need to bring for the week.

Also pls write exact adress to cottage so I can add it to the gps I will borrow.

thanks alot in advance. and see you soon!
Elasto Mania - ez better
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Kortsu wrote:
nick-o-matic wrote: I have now received about 900€ in payments. Updated the first post. Let's see if we skip the extra sauna cabin rent. It saves 100€. That cabin and its 3 beds would be useful during the first weekend only since it seems that the cabin is crowded only during the first weekend.
Do you mean the sauna near the small pond? If so, I am willing to pay extra to make it available. It had good sauna ability.
I asked nick some days ago and he said the beach sauna will be available. I couldn't imagine a better place after #beerballe!
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Ramone wrote:I have decided not to play cookieclicker over fem. decided this for better Elma Experience!
Wategak, we played Cookie clicker like two years ago. It will turn into boring impsy long achievement hunt, just quit
Ramone wrote:Also, please tell me what I need to bring. Are there quilts etc?
There are some beds but probably not enough for everyone. I think mans from long journey should get them, since bringing own mattresses etc. is trickier. Just bring bed linen, or a thin sleeping bag is a quite nice option. Other than that just hygiene stuff and Elma gear. Food and drinks can be bought "nearby". Also look at teh "Organizational Equipment Arrangements" section. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 3eWY8sSWIQ
Ramone wrote:Also pls write exact adress to cottage so I can add it to the gps I will borrow.
Virrintie, Sastamala. It's a short road, you'll find the cottage at the back of it.
NoobSty2-competition

Jokke
Veteran

Post by Jokke »

Decided to come just for the Sunday of first weekend.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Anyone hev half-decent speakers to bring? Nobody is bringing any at the moument.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

I think Ramone is bringing Luther, he's quite a good speaker
NoobSty2-competition

nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

So the extra sauna is included for the both weekends. The extra fee is to have it for full time + have the sauna cabin with 3 beds.

The cabin lady kindly provides plenty of extra mattresses but sheets are again absolutely required. I have a bit extra sheets for someone and few this kind of things: http://hintaseuranta.fi/API/products/27 ... retkipatja

See you there tomorrow! :beer:
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

STOKE STOKE STOKE STOKE
NoobSty2-competition

Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

NoobSty2-competition

zebra
Kuski

Post by zebra »

Some results of the TT battles (I promised Abula to post these):

BTT (Part II)
01. 1:33:01 Markku
02. 1:33:53 adi
03. 1:34:16 Luther
04. 1:34:94 Orcc
05. 1:35:11 Bartek
06. 1:35:21 axxu
07. 1:35:26 Ville J
08. 1:35:55 Ramone
09. 1:35:87 Ismo
10. 1:37:37 Abula
11. 1:37:42 Terb0
12. 1:37:62 k00
13. 1:38:15 Smibu
14. 1:41:17 Tisk
15. 1:41:25 Roope

Zebra's TT battle:
01. 2:35:51 Markku
02. 2:37:31 adi
03. 2:37:84 axxu
04. 2:38:05 Ramone
05. 2:38:40 Luther
06. 2:40:09 k00
07. 2:40:49 nick-o-matic
08. 2:40:54 Ville J
09. 2:42:25 Tisk
10. 2:42:76 zebra
11. 2:42:88 Smibu
12. 2:43:98 terb0
13. 2:53:18 insane guy

It's funny to notice some "groups" there, for example 5 ppl with 1:35 and no-one with 1:36, then again (in the 2nd one) 3 mans with 2:40 and no-one with 2:39 or 2:41.

I have to say that TT battle is a nice battle mode and it works best IRL. And because EOL doesn't support it, it's something we can't battle every day.

I don't have other TT battles' results, maybe someone else has them (?).
Please post also FEM quiz results and 6 first internals results here when they have been calculated :)
Thanks again nick-o-matic and other FEM people, was nice being there :)
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Great meeting, Tisk taught F1+enter magic. Also, too many (unofficial) bb rounds. Next year prolly even more..
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Ismo: BB results pls?

I learnt SHIFT+F5 and some other combination where you can download the level directly without searching around the interwebs. I think there's a need for a noob video tutorial / cheat sheet how to play in EOL :P.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Ismo
39mins club

Post by Ismo »

Abula wrote:Ismo: BB results pls?
Official results from rounds 1-12:
http://kopasite.net/up/9bdtm9sz6iu2793/results12.mhtml
http://kopasite.net/up/uo9e6pmqctqz2ig/ ... .38.20.png (pic for Orcc)

Very unofficial results from rounds 13-22 (fetched on sunday morning, so have some afterbattle times and maybe someone aka dz wasn't online when finishing some levs so so):
http://kopasite.net/up/pv4y5j5znv32t9n/ ... omdb.mhtml
http://kopasite.net/up/hg8i2z318vbb30d/ ... .37.36.png (pic for Orcc)

My Chrome opens those files nicely. If your not, not my problems.
Added also pics for Orcc.

Maybe next year better and more automated combined countdowner + result fetcher and points counter. Who knows.

Anyway, good FEM and very good Internet (works well when sitting in the yard swing). Tank for arranging nom and generally ppl for being ppl.
[00:21:58] (@cyre) ismo taas juonu liikaa omenamehuu
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

6 first internals at FEM 2015. Played in written order.

Ramone 2.39.3
Luther 5.03.1
Abula 3.16.0
Ismo 3.32.6
roope 3.04.9
adi 2.43.3
Markku 2.48.5
Tisk 2.59.8
zebra 3.15.1
Lousku 3.28.1
insane guy 6.07.5
dz 3.31.7
Elasto Mania - ez better
Tisk
Donator duck

Post by Tisk »

Official FEM15 cabinlady song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFe1u6QtPH4

the song is at 49:43 - 52:23
Last edited by Tisk on 20 Aug 2015, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.
Tisk
Donator duck

Post by Tisk »

1htt results:

1. adi 40:43:30
2. Tisk 55:14:63
3. ville_j 1:29:55:17
4. Ramone 4:03:33:43
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Although FEM2015 is still ongoing I will write my short recap:

Besides DEM2006 this was my 2nd elma meeting. The moment I stepped into the door was very special for me because everyone got up and said hi, so suddenly I was shaking hands with people I've known for so many years but never met irl.
The atmosphere was relaxed and many social things were happening besides elma. Beautiful nature right ouside the door. Big sauna party. (For most ppl it was probably just normal saunaing..).
Beer battle was fun but I had to quit after 7 or 8 rounds. Other battles nice, too, especially when Ramone was hating the levs :)
I sat next to Markku therefore I rarely had to get up for rec watching in offline contests :)

Filmed some stuff. Maybe should have done more to get my documentary going but I just had such a nice time hanging out and playing elma. I shot some amazing interviews though, which really strengthened my belief in the project.

I can now understand why people would want to stay for the entire Meeting (10 days) and just spend their summer holiday there.

I highly recommend ANYONE to go there if you get a chance. If there will be FEM next year and the date is set in stone early enough I think many can come for very little money. I paid like 120€ in total for my transportation (Berlin - Helsinki - Tampere - FEM - and back).

Oh, and thanks again to nom for organizing and to everyone for being there!

- insguy
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

First weekend group picture: http://kopasite.net/up/0/fem15.JPG

insguy, ismo, jokke, markku, dz, tisk, axxu, abula, zebra, orcc, smibu, ville_j, ramone, luther, k00, adi, nick-o-matic, roope, lousku, terb00bs
NoobSty2-competition

Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

barbapappa absent :(
ToMaT