Mopolauta

Elasto Mania board
It is currently 18 Aug 2017, 17:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2015, 08:16 
Kuski

In my level archive I found a unique, unfamiliar Elasto Mania level from MUe, creator of the internal Bowling level!

Enjoy!

Attachments:
File comment: Killer Bridge
KILLERB.LEV [5.72 KiB]
Downloaded 91 times

Elasto Mania - 34:37.34

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2015, 10:58 
Kuski

Fantastic find and definitely can feel the style of Bowling in this one!

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2015, 18:08 
Kuski

Very nice lev and finding, this is elma archeology! Finished ok ride! Clean run is very hard. I can see some bowlingness here.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2015, 19:13 
Kuski

Is there some list of internal lev-creators? I always just assumed Balazs made most of them, but I'd love to know who made the others.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2015, 20:45 
Kuski

Ruben wrote:
Is there some list of internal lev-creators? I always just assumed Balazs made most of them, but I'd love to know who made the others.

I think Balazs made all, just MUe made Bowling. correct me if I am wrong. (Csabi created some?)

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2015, 20:51 
Kuski

Afaik Csaba made some, but hev also been looking for a list of who made what.

Nice find Schumi

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2015, 20:59 
Kuski

Tigro wrote:
Ruben wrote:

I think Balazs made all, just MUe made Bowling. correct me if I am wrong. (Csabi created some?)

Csaba made most I think. Also it says on some readme file that a guy named Imre Barczi designed Uphill Battle.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2015, 21:36 
Kuski

Let's face it. Our view on internals are jaded because they are like our children, they could never be bad right?? Really though if you look at them with an unbiased eye they are a bunch of nab levels we've spent over a decade on. Anybody who would of battled a lev like bowling in a different universe would've been called out on shit lev because of impsy pie short cut and stupid Apple pyramid. Mue is not a good designer. But I enjoy the nostalgia I guess. Just shows that any lev can be fun or hoylable, no matter how bad it is because elma physics can make it fun.

Sorry for such negative post it is a good find.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2015, 21:53 
Kuski

gimp wrote:
Let's face it. Our view on internals are jaded because they are like our children, they could never be bad right?? Really though if you look at them with an unbiased eye they are a bunch of nab levels we've spent over a decade on. Anybody who would of battled a lev like bowling in a different universe would've been called out on shit lev because of impsy pie short cut and stupid Apple pyramid. Mue is not a good designer. But I enjoy the nostalgia I guess. Just shows that any lev can be fun or hoylable, no matter how bad it is because elma physics can make it fun.

Sorry for such negative post it is a good find.

I think the use of gravity in Bowling is exceptionally brilliant. Making a concept out of it before the game was even out shows great talent in my opinion.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2015, 21:57 
Moporator

gimp wrote:
Anybody who would of battled a lev like bowling in a different universe would've been called out on shit lev because of impsy pie short cut and stupid Apple pyramid. Mue is not a good designer.

Hmm, well... You should keep in mind that Bowling is not a lev that was designed to be battled in 20 mins. It was probably a lev designed to be a real challenge to casual players making it as far as level 46 (remember Elma is essentially a platform game), as well as providing gifted players with some really hard tricks to try to pull off as well.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2015, 22:15 
39mins club

I'm so grateful that we have levs like Bowling where Zweq cuts ~2s every now and then and it's still "ez better". And the normal/sl recs look amazing!

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2015, 22:26 
36mins club

bowling was the last internal i finished back in 2003 :o

TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2015, 22:57 
Kuski

Internals bad? bullshit, there's no bias in that, bowling is a really good level regardless of the best styles having sick airtimes osv. Also levs like zz, animal farm, downhill, etc etc work awesomely well, höyläs still are being improved, etc. Yet, what do you get in normal battle levs? Either a flat track, tunnel with stuff that you see in half of levels, not something diverse. Anyone calling ints shitlevs should face the following; internals are really diverse, challenging, fun and playable, there only are just a few internals that really are shitty as levels, like Freefall and Steep which can also be enjoyed by the weird ones of the scene. Even the speed levs like bumpy and sink are mostly good and playable for those who want to play them. Ofc levs that require skills like AH and Bowling are shitty for noobs who can't elma (everyone xcept zwero and b0ne and anpe) but can still be enjoyed if you take your time in them.

Also gravity is used exceptionally well in internals, never seen any noob use gravity as well as in internals, except ramone, but he copied the stuff from ints so he doesn't count.

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
"I knew it!" - Doomsayer

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2015, 23:31 
Kuski

gimp wrote:
Let's face it. Our view on internals are jaded because they are like our children, they could never be bad right??
Moar like we're their children. Lev design is largely based on internals.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2015, 01:11 
Kuski

I totalli agree with FinMan. Maybe I can't say much as a player since my skills are quite a bit below average, but as a lev designer I can say that for me internals are by far the most inspirational levelpack. It's indeed awesomely diverse with most levels having clear and unique concepts, I love the minimalistic "every vertex plays a big role" approach used in most levels, there is a nice sense of progression, a wonderful "naive" design that allows for so many shortcuts and styles, etc, etc. I'm always learning from these levels. :)

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2015, 07:30 
Kuski

thank you everyone!

i agree with FM, internals are really really unique levs. just take a look at 0lp... it was released a couple of years after internals, and they are nowhere near them in quality, and styles, etc... why can't we admit that in the 90s, we had much more creativity, we made everything with much bigger heart and devotivon. thats why internals will always be the part of the besterstest elma levels in history

(internals are like music in the 90s and now... nowadays only shitty same music keeps repeating every time and 90s was gold) :lol:

Elasto Mania - 34:37.34