MästarRäcer3 - starts september 1st

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

MästarRäcer3 - starts september 1st

Post by niN »

Short vid with some old recs from MR

MÄSTARRÄCER3
So it is official and functional! MR3 has started and the first event is up and running on nindex! After a few days of eol downtime the site is back up and I can check times to the EOL database. Everything is working now!

The Rules:

Your two worst scores wont count,
you must of course drive online in the latest version of EOL,
you will have to register to nindex in order to submit times,
times will only be accepted once uploaded to the nindex site,
Coc0k and inferno are allowed to play BUT a symbolical penalty of 0,01 will be added to any times they submit. Also should they play their nicknames will automatically be changed to BigDaddy777 (Coc0k) and WetSeXyMaMa (inferno).

Now I hope you will find some pleasure in this global elma event. It's very special to me since it's been 7 years (!) since the last MR was held in 2008. I've spent a lot of time doing the levels and some will test your every nerve. I dare say the winner of this cup is a patient kuski with proper skills and he/she will truly deserve a seat in the prestigious MisterClub. Alongside with jaytea and BoneLESS.

Apart from being a member of the MisterClub, the winner will receive a prize. Open to suggestions on this. And I know I didn't send adi his price for winning Trek Tracks yet, but I will, eventually, I promise.

Although your 2 worst results wont count, I'll be doing a total score count on the side of the ranks and anyone who reaches above 1000 points will be offered 3 beers in the event that we should meet. I'll also send them a diploma where it will say "almost made it to the MisterClub!"

for more info, points system, guestbook and event info please visit nindex!
Last edited by niN on 5 Sep 2015, 22:48, edited 3 times in total.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Re: Trio

Post by Bjenn »

Wow niN, stoke!!
So nice video you made, will probably not be able to play since my gf is home now. But I will follow the cup of course whenever it will come!

I saw a ride by Thor in your video from the first cup =) I have it in one of my first videos!
GO SWEDEN!!
niN
Kuski

Re: Trio

Post by niN »

Thanks Bjenn! :) It's really sad to me if you wont play :( Are there any dates that would fit you better?

And do you have an url to the video you were talking about? Would like to see :)
niN
Kuski

Re: MästarRäcer3 - Ghost Riders

Post by niN »

Edited first post, please read
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

I feel like nobody would send ghost replay since what you want is to win and not to lower other people's points, if you think you have a great time, you would not want it not count toward points and risk losing great points for the win. Maybe I miss some pros for this concept tho. Sounds like ghost should be random instead of chosen by players because quality of rec influences choice.
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

The first thing that comes to my mind is that would be nice if you couldn't kill your teammate. Solution? Maybe skipping your teammate in case they're right after you, could work.

Another thing; Two consecutive ghosts imo could mean that 2 different players' points are halfed so that it doesn't pile up to anyone.

Nice idea though, fresh etc! :)
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Mawane wrote:I feel like nobody would send ghost replay since what you want is to win and not to lower other people's points, if you think you have a great time, you would not want it not count toward points and risk losing great points for the win. Maybe I miss some pros for this concept tho. Sounds like ghost should be random instead of chosen by players because quality of rec influences choice.
Good points! I agree with what you say. random ghost event is one solution, but it's more interesting imo when teams (and individual players) can use this feature with some tactic. More opinions on this?
FinMan wrote: The first thing that comes to my mind is that would be nice if you couldn't kill your teammate. Solution? Maybe skipping your teammate in case they're right after you, could work.
Yes Another good Point! Especially if we do like mawa suggested (with random ghosts) then it should be fixed, but if we make it so that people can choose when to ghost then I don't think it will be a big problem because you can discuss within the team so that the kuski with the worst time uploads the ghost. Or all ghost at the same time, or kuski with bad time skip the event that other teammate with better time ghosts.
FinMan wrote: Another thing; Two consecutive ghosts imo could mean that 2 different players' points are halfed so that it doesn't pile up to anyone.
Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean here... pls explain :P
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Well, in case two ghosts are consecutive, you can either make one of the ghosts useless as zweq wouldn't be getting any points anyway. Another way would be to just add up the multipliers to zeros position, which would result as 0,5*0,5 as shown in the bottom case. Third way to do it is to multiply both tapsas and zeros points by 0,5, which sounds really fair imo.

so this:

Code: Select all

3. 0p (ghost) zworqy
4. 0p (ghost) zweq
5.  1,5 zero
6.  1,25 tapsa
instead of this:

3. 0p (ghost) zworqy
4. 0p (ghost) zweq
5.  0,75 zero
6.  2.5p tapsa
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

The ghost idea is kinda fun, but I think it adds too much randomness to the top players. Just quick thoughts for the morning, but let's see a couple of scenarios here.

1. Normal. This would be without any ghosting. Fair and square:

First event:
1. Orcc 100p
2. BoneLESS 85p
3. psy 75p
----------------

2. The best use of ghost. This would be using the ghost when you win the event. In the first option I gained 15p and 37,5p lead. But had I used ghost in either one of the events, I would've "gained" 42,5p and 37,5p more, since everyone needs to have one zero-point ghost event.

1. Orcc 0p
2. BoneLESS 42,5p
3. psy 37,5p

-------------

3. The unlucky use of ghost. I use my ghost when winning the event, but other competitors use theirs in the same one. That way I would've gotten 100-point advantage without ghost, but end up getting 0 points.

1. Orcc 0p
2. BoneLESS 0p
3. psy 0p
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Ok Finman, interesting thoughts! I Think that a ghost should always be a ghost, and if you make a ghost useless (when they're consecutive) then it's kinda unfair to the player (because he's out to kill Points). Imagine the same scenario if two teamplayers got top 2 positions. They were obv trying to kill off a lot of Points. Know what I mean?

Orcc very good spotted!
3. The unlucky use of ghost. I use my ghost when winning the event, but other competitors use theirs in the same one. That way I would've gotten 100-point advantage without ghost, but end up getting 0 points.

1. Orcc 0p
2. BoneLESS 0p
3. psy 0p
this is the problem then I guess.
If we do so that Points are halfed even after consecutive ghosts, then this would kill a lot of Points to the players who did not ghost, and thus make a huge gap for the top players and the others (because everyone has to ghost 1). The thing that's unlucky is that you didn't kill Points of the good players. Which I agree is a big random factor. It's bad then I guess because you could've had a win instead of ghosting off lower ranked players. A good solution to this is hard to find...

One idea that I kind of don't like is that the ghost "steals" the Points that it kills. So that in this scenario orcc, you would get 50% of all Points, and boneless 25%, and psy only 12,5%. The rest 12,5% is spread out between the people below. I don't really like it because it makes things a Little complicated and it gives a ghost a hell of a big advantage.

If anyone has any good suggestions it's much appreciated!
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Very interesting idea this ghost thing.. many ways to make it work.. or not work =D

1. Bjenn 10p
2. Zero 9p
3. bene 8p
4. Kazan 7p
5. zw0rqy 6p
6. umiz 5p
7. Jeppe 4p
8. danielj 3p
if ghost: 50% of my points will be lost, while I take 50% amount of points from other players in total, but only the 5 under me, so it means 10% from each of those 5 players.

1. Bjenn 5p (ghost) 
2. Zero 8.1p (ghosted)
3. bene 7.2p (ghosted)
4. Kazan 6.3p (ghosted)
5. zw0rqy 5.4p (ghosted)
6. umiz 4,5p (ghosted)
7. Jeppe 4p
8. danielj 3p
Good or megabad idea?
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Bjenn wrote:if ghost: 50% of my points will be lost, while I take 50% amount of points from other players in total, but only the 5 under me, so it means 10% from each of those 5 players.

1. Bjenn 5p (ghost) 
2. Zero 8.1p (ghosted)
3. bene 7.2p (ghosted)
4. Kazan 6.3p (ghosted)
5. zw0rqy 5.4p (ghosted)
6. umiz 4,5p (ghosted)
7. Jeppe 4p
8. danielj 3p
Good or megabad idea?
This sounds promising to build on... First; why do you prefer only 5 below gets ghosted? Personally I like the idea of everyone who is below gets ghosted.

How about if we do like was originally thought by me, but instead of ghosts getting 0 Points they only lose 50%, and everyone else below also lose 50%. It would look like this:

1. Bjenn 5p (ghost)-----------Points below cut in half
2. Zero 4.5p (ghosted)
3. bene 4p (ghosted)
4. Kazan 3.5p (ghosted)
5. zw0rqy 1,5p (ghost)----------Points below cut in half (again)
6. umiz 1.25p (ghosted)
7. Jeppe 1p (ghosted)
8. danielj 0.75p (ghosted)
This way, the unlucky use of ghost as presented by Orcc is not as unlucky.

1. Orcc 5p (ghost) [10points*,5=5]
2. BoneLESS 2.25p (ghost) [9points*,5*,5=2,25]
3. psy 1p(ghost) [8points*,5*,5*,5=1]
4. niN 0,875p [7points*,5*,5*,5= 0,875]
Is this too complicated?

EDIT: But does this eliminate the Point of having a ghost event? Do you gain anything by ghosting, like Orcc presented in his best use of the Ghost?
EDIT#2: I guess not, because your goal is to ghost as many players as possible and then avoid getting ghosted in the other events! So this (above) could be a good solution.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

The only thing you gain as a ghoster is that all the players in the bottom will have hell (if you as a ghoster lose 50% of your points, and all players below you too).
Since more ghosters will come through the list, the bottom players will be losing the most amount of points in percentage, this is imo not very fair since bottom players might not even be able to have their revenge.

My point: It will suck big time for the average players and their motivation to play cease to exist because their points will be very low.
The top however are having the time of their life, this is why I wanted only the 5 below you to lose points.

EDIT: Another idea is to have one simple rule: you can only be affected by ghosting once. But I don't know how fun that would be or if the point of it is lost.
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Yes I see what you mean Bjenn... I will sleep on it and post here with fresh great ideas!
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Bjenn expressed my thoughts exactly. For the absolute top players (capable of winning events etc) the idea sounds really fun with all kinds of scheming and stuff possible, they can afford ghosting even with a good time. For an average player though it's discouraging as there's a great possibility many ghosts are used before your result and your points are pretty much meaningless scraps. Also, there won't be as much fun deciding when to use your own ghost.
Last edited by roope on 11 Mar 2015, 01:39, edited 1 time in total.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Definitely there will be more randomness. Usual top like this:

1. Jeppe 100 p
2. Mielz 85 p
3. Zero 75 p

Means 25 points between third and first place. If Mielz happens to choose this event to ghost, Zero will get 37.5 p and the difference will suddenly be 62.5 p, meaning more than twice as much between those two positions. Sure you might try to ghost when you think you have a good time, but you don't know other's times so points will be largely random. Which is okay if you want a novelty cup in the spirit of banana cup 4 for example, but standings won't represent skill in the same way a normal cup does.
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

I Think it's safe to say that it would probably be better not to use this feature. I can't really find a suitable way to do it. Thanks for all the help on the matter.

Let's discuss the dates to do this: I'm thinking that the summer would be nice (let's say how about may-june?), but if this means that many kuskis wont be motivated to play, then maybe it's better to wait (until september-october). Thoughts?
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

maybe you could ghost the kuski above you, taking x% off of his points like

1. Markku 90p
2. Mielz 95p (ghosted markku i.e. 10% takes 10 points from markku)
3. Mawane 67,5p
4. Madness 77,5p (ghosted mawane took 7.5 points gg)
5. osv

and all ghosted points are calculated from up to down, in case consecutives ghosts the last ghoster benefits more.
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
niN
Kuski

Re: MästarRäcer3 - starts september 1st

Post by niN »

Edited first post.
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

nice looking forward to play it casually:)
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Wow this starts 1st of September! The day after my vacation starts ;D

Don't know yet what I will do on my vacation, my girlfriend and I might do something.
If I have time to play I will =)
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

BUMP Don't forget! Only 9 days left!

The first event will be released on the EVENING of the first of september because I'm off doing a course in kayaking and won't be back until the evening. Detailed schedule and info will be up on nindex shortly before the first event.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

I'm moving to a new apartment when the cup starts, and my gf is starting new school, maybe I will find time to play =)
But I think I won't have any access to the Internet the first week..
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

#STOKED
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Where is first event? =) And I can't see the cup on your website. #stoke
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

niN wrote:the EVENING of the first of september because I'm off doing a course in kayaking and won't be back until the evening. Detailed schedule and info will be up on nindex shortly before the first event.
Bjenn -,-
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

I just got back from the course, and I will work on it now! Give me a few more hours to do everything in a proper way!

Get Stoked guys :)
Mrrrr
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Mrrrr »

#stoked!
RiP Mawane ((
RiP Devin ((
wtf mans?!
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Hi guys!

Since I'm having a few problems I will upload the first event here and work on the nindex MR3 page now. Hoyl and enjoy!

http://www.nindex.se/up/Mistr301.lev

I would advise not to upload your times to nindex yet, not until a page for the cup is created.

cup page will be up very soon here: http://www.nindex.se

for more info then, read there.

DEADLINE FOR THIS FIRST EVENT IS IN 7 DAYS, ON TUE 8TH SEPT 21:00 GMT+1 (swedish time).
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Hey nIN pls start this as EOL cup, because at the moment all the times can be seen with shift+F5.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

who made first lev?
Elasto Mania - 34:22.20 | #416 - 12. April 2021
Ancient Internals
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Orcc wrote:Hey nIN pls start this as EOL cup, because at the moment all the times can be seen with shift+F5.
Dame I forgot, we don't live in 2005 anymore :P

I can't seem to do it on the eol site, someone please do it for me?

EDIT: Sorry guys, this was very clumbsy by me. Kopaka please fix this ASAP? My life is very busy and I need all your help to nag at kopaka so he will do this right away. Please help me :)
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Maybe a bit too long and hard lev for the first event, but I hope I'll place better than 29. so I won't lose all the motivation for this cup!
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

How can I dl the lev? There's nothing to click on the nindex-site.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

http://www.nindex.se/up/Mistr301.lev is the level, it's also on the page "appearances but should ofc be put to MästarRäcer3 page!

The deadline for the first event will be moved due to EOL server issues and complications with me not hiding the times for the levels. When the EOL site is back online and the MR3 levels are hidden from the eol site I will announce the new official deadline! Until then, hoyl hard on the first event :)

I'm very sorry for this confusion. Understand that my life is very busy but I am trying really hard to make it a great cup!
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

nindex newspost about MR3 situation:
MR3 has started but unfortunately we've had a strike of bad luck. The EOL site is down so I can not verify times with my script. Hopefully the site will come back online soon and the cup can continue without any further complications.

As it is now, the deadline of the first event will be moved forward. If the site is up and running soon then the new deadline for Mistr301.lev will be on saturday the 12th of September 21:00 GMT+1. But this might change depending on the status of the eol website!

Keep reading nindex for important infos. Sorry for this! It's frustrating for me too. All I can say now is hoyl the first event! I'm pretty sure your times will be saved in the EOL database and that you can upload your time here once the eolsite comes back online.
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

I really hope things start running smoothly soon. One silver lining here is though that I really like Saturdays as the deadline day :P
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Kopaka if you're reading this I would personally like your input on this. I've heard some rumors but don't know too much:
1) why is the site down?
2) do you have any idea when it might be back up?
3) are times still saved in the database?
4) if there any way I can access levels index id#?
5) is it true that I cannot verify times with eol db when the site is down?
please help a nab understand :(
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

1. it craches the server currently, 2. today, 3. yes, 4. not really, but I can, 5. yes
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

thanks kopaka!

First post updated.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Trying to upload a replay, but it only says error. Tomorrow I'm going on a trip and won't be back until sunday when the deadline is over. I hope you can fix it until tomorrow.
elmaonline.net is online, EOL is online. I checked the box "competition rec".

It says "No match in the EOL database! Note that all times must be driven online!", I just made this time online which replay I'm trying to upload..
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

I know whats wrong and i will fix tonight. Pls send me a copy of the rec in priv here if its not working

EDIT: Fixed now, it should work. Please note that it will only look for your best time in EOL, so if you try to up anything else than your best time it will not work.
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Less than 24 hours to go before the first deadline!

Remember to send your time in even if it sucks, ultimately the script will optimize your results and remove your two worst results from your total standing.
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

How will the results be published? Just automatically on the site or in IRC?

Also: the pop-up reminder about playing the cup on nindex is reeeeeally annoying because it appears after clicking any link and in some pages doesn't go away at all (in Trek levelpack page for example)
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Tonight unfortunately I am busy so I will do some automized script that shows the results after 21:00. So no fun irc show tonight :(

Yeah roope I know it really sucks, it's mentioned in the news post in nindex and I will remove it after another event or two :) For now hoyl MR! :P

I'll be gone until tomorrow so if there should be some sort of error in the codes I will fix it then. But deadline is in a few hours! So far only 6 people submitted times. I hope a few more will give me something before 21.

EDIT: Damn it, I've run out of time! I will have to fix the codes later tonigt.

Results and new event will be up tonight around midnight. Sorry guys!
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

I am only getting an error when trying to upload rec (i did dick the competition rec box) ??
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Send it to me here, somethings wrong with kopas api
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

yeps i pimped it to you at teh same time
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

who won?
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Sorry it's taken me so long! here are the results for the first event. nindex will be updated tomorrow.

# Kuski Time Team
1 Zero 00;49,59 dat
2 adi 00;52,01 MiE
3 Bjenn 00;52,41 EF
4 roope 00;53,89 MiE
5 Blaz 00;56,83 CMR
6 ville_j 00;59,43 IS
7 Kopaka 01;39,77

Congrats Zero! Awesome rec :)

Unfortunately not many players but I hope those who played enjoyed the level. Here's Zero's rec. All recs will be uploaded tomorrow on nindex.

Here's the next event! Good luck all!

There seems to be some errors in the codes... I will look into it in detail but it could be something wrong at the eol end of the line, i.e. the API codes. I don't know but I'll try my best to fix it all.