World Cup 7 - Organizer?

This is the only place for Elma polls on Moposite. Kuski of Month polls are also here. Read more info >>

Moderator: Moporators

Who should organize World Cup 7?

Ramone
19%
barbapappa
No votes
Markku
2%
Kopaka
19%
Zero
12%
chris
7%
ville_j
2%
PeXi
No votes
Abula
5%
Luther
No votes
Lousku
No votes
Jappe2
7%
roope
2%
talli
No votes
zamppe
No votes
skint0r
2%
adi
No votes
8balls
No votes
osv
23%

Total votes: 43

Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

World Cup 7 - Organizer?

Post by Hosp »

Hi please talk about this

Imo best scenario would be: Ramone + some pro that doesn't want to play + 3 nabs to choose levs
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Re: World Cup 7 - Organizer?

Post by Orcc »

zebra
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Kopaka for organizing the whole thing, Ramone for picking levels.
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

The poll is just silly, but I think there should be a crew to handle all the stuff like last time. Kopaka should probably be somewhat involved anyways so could count him in. There definitely should be more than one person selecting the levels, preferably three or more and from the different eras of Elma. I don't really have anyone specific to point out because I don't think it matters that much, just that the people are responsible in arranging and keeping the spirit up for the whole duration of the cup. So, it should of course start from the mans themselves announcing what part they are willing to take.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

At this point I think it's more important to consider when it should be. Now it's 2 years since the last one started. Of course a long time to prepare is good, we had about 3 months last time I think, which turned out a little bit rushed. But in any case need a general idea of when before anyone can commit to any kind of organizing.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I feel like it definitely should be an old-timer who was there during earlier World Cups. A man that knows WC's traditions and understands its spirit. It just would look a bit wrong to me if some newer guy took over this legendary event.
iltsu
37mins club
Team: EF

Post by iltsu »

TL best organizer imo
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Kopaka wrote:At this point I think it's more important to consider when it should be. Now it's 2 years since the last one started. Of course a long time to prepare is good, we had about 3 months last time I think, which turned out a little bit rushed. But in any case need a general idea of when before anyone can commit to any kind of organizing.
I'm thinking fall of next year, so it will have pretty much the same schedule as World Cup 6 (September -> December). That is about one year away, which should leave ample time for preparation.

Regarding who should do it, first and foremost it needs to be someone who is MOTIVATED. I agree with others though, that at least one of the main organizers should be an old-timer with an understanding of what the World Cup means.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Ramone!
Troll topic, half of voters voted "osv" which means "And so on".
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Point of topic was to get people to talk about this, the poll isn't meant to be taken that seriously. I agree with SveinR. About 1 year from now would be good start, end of august 2016 best maybe.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Okay, World Cup 7 very serious though =)
#stoked #wc7 #t-rex #bjennboss #ramone #best #sweden #beer #goingforawin #idiothasjtags #idonteven #durka
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Well yes that's why it needs to be talked about now, as early as 1 year before or so. If I recall correctly WCup6 was started just some month after project was resurrected. I mean, more time for preparing can't be worse than less.
Mrrrr
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Mrrrr »

Zero ofc :)
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Lukazz wrote:Kopaka for organizing the whole thing, Ramone for picking levels.
Kopaka - ok

Ramone - hell pls no!
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Many wanderance. Will it be a committee of a few people who have the same authority but different "fields of expertise"? One main organizer and some helpers?

Will we find someone who fulfills all these requirements? I think that while oldschoolers would be good organizers for reasons mentioned in earlier posts, there's a high chance they have less willingness to do it. And if newer people organized it, would it feel "right"?

I think pretty much all agree that Kopaka would be a great choice, and I think he would gladly at least help, but does he want to be the main organizer? He already does a lot in other ways. Some say Zero would be a good choice, and I agree, but would he rather play?
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Zero and Ramone should organise this.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

What are Ram, Zero, Kopa and other mentioned guys even thinking about organizing it?
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I was kinda under the impression I wasnt wanted for wc7. but if it is what ppl want I think I would be down. I learned alot from prev wcup and would def do things differently (and hopefully better now). But for me its impos without all wonderful help I got from kopaka, he is our main man for sure! he did so much work with wc6. then also depending on when it will be. last wc I had time, will have less time now.
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Yeah, I was actually wanting someone else than Ramone to organize it just to have something different (and well yes, admittedly because I was not a fan of some of the choices he made last time), but since there seemingly aren't any active wanted & willing guys, I have no problem with Ramone. I also do believe he has learned more from the last time. I think there are a lot of more good willing people for a great supporting cast than for the role of main organizer, and that is a tremendous asset if used properly.

I think pulling off a great World Cup even in a short schedule is possible and way better than waiting another year. Of course I'd love more posts to this topic, but if those won't come, please go for it Ram)
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I liked the way Ramone approached WC6 (very high enthusiasm in chat and stuff, memorable decisions, a certain unique overall feel). Would like to see him doing it again.
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

kuchitsu wrote:memorable decisions
as a certified positivity trainer i give you 10 points and a parrot badge for this phrasing
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

As mentioned in the other world cup 7 poll I've tried to reach out to some potential organizers. We have already a small handful of people willing to make an effort. So I feel confident we can pull it off. However if you have any urge to help out please contact me. Doesn't matter if you've been voted for or are even in this poll. What needs done is things like level collecting, getting the word out, prices, PR, communication, website, internal discussion about any of these things. Not all of these require you to not play.