iCS LGR

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

iCS
Kuski

iCS LGR

Post by iCS »

My LGR contains realistic plants, 9 apple anims, rotating 3D killer & finish objects and more...

Latest version: 3.4 Feb. 13, 2016
Minimap color scheme restored to default.

Three editions:
3.4 BLZ - Blaztek Edition (recommended)
iCS34BLZ.LGR
(bikes: default; apples, killer, exit objects: customized)
Screenshot:

3.4 original (BMX) Edition
iCS34.LGR
(bikes, apples, killer, exit objects: customized)
Screenshot:

3.4B Bjenn Edition
iCS34B.LGR
(bikes, apples, killer, exit objects: default)
Screenshot:

Version history:
versions 3.3 & 3.3B Jan. 10, 2016
Palette restored to default (for correct EOL shirts), many trees and plants updated, textures darkened.
Difference between 3.4 and 3.4B: bikes, apples, killer, exit object are customized in 3.3, and default in 3.3B.

iCS33.LGR
Screenshot:

iCS33B.LGR (Bjenn edition)
Screenshot:

version 3.1 Nov. 24, 2015
Almost every pictures & textures updated.

iCS31.LGR
Youtube preview
Screenshot:

version 1.0 Nov. 27, 2003
My first LGR ever. Animated objects were made in 3DSMAX4, plants in Bryce5. :D Sky is low-res.
iCS10.LGR
Screenshot:
Last edited by iCS on 18 Mar 2017, 14:11, edited 7 times in total.
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Re: iCS LGR

Post by Orcc »

This post was approved a couple days later than it was posted, so everyone might not have noticed it. So just bringing it up!

On topic, that is one of the most realistic LGR's I've seen, althought irregularly shaped objects are bad for playing.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Very nice lgr! :)
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Wow sick work! Is there a possibility you will make this LGR with original APPLE FLOWER KILLER AND BIKES?
It's unplayable with current apples and flower.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

I always loved realistic LGRs for the sole purpose of being awesome, even when the gameplay was a bit worse than with default.lgr. The trees look completely awesome, stones seem well tiled. The only thing I don't like that much is the bike and the objects (I guess I am too used to touching the flower). Killer seems to have too many thin spikes which seems a bit off when it is rotating.
But this is a great lgr overall. Well done iCS (and welcome to elma community)!

On the moposite there is still a part with downloadable LGRs. Could it be updated with the most recent lgrs and maybe even comments/ratings like it was done in good old times?
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

Bjenn wrote:Wow sick work! Is there a possibility you will make this LGR with original APPLE FLOWER KILLER AND BIKES?
It's unplayable with current apples and flower.
:D I'll work on it. Combinations are possible of course.
And I know there are still some errors in the LGR, I'm planning to fix them (for example, the brick texture is too bright and unpleasant for the eyes).
BTW the bike was the first thing I've replaced, because I disliked the original one. After that, I've replaced almost everything, because I was bored :lol:
iCS
Kuski

iCS LGR v3.3

Post by iCS »

I made many fixes and improvements in this LGR. I think it looks much better now. (Known bug: doesn't work with 3X zoom, tree4 pic too big 8O ).
LINK: https://db.tt/1DzPHcwL
(I made two different versions, this one is with my design of bikes, apples, killer, exit.)

Also made a version with original bikes, apples, killer, flower (Bjenn-edition :lol: )
LINK: https://db.tt/GPAaFVCy
screenshot:
ROKKEBOL
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by ROKKEBOL »

you ought to put gravity arrows on appels instead of painting them in diff colors imo

Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

RedLine wrote:you ought to put gravity arrows on appels instead of painting them in diff colors imo
Those are apple animations not grav apples imo.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Ruben wrote:Those are apple animations not grav apples imo.
yes.

and they could be used as grav apple markers
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

RedLine wrote:you ought to put gravity arrows on appels instead of painting them in diff colors imo
I would put arrows if Elma had official source files for gravity apples, like QFOODLeft.PCX, QFOODRight.PCX, etc., but it only has QFOOD1 to QFOOD9, so any numbers can be assigned to any directions...there's no strict rule for that, and it can be different in every LGR... I'm concerned about old levels which have apples with "random" food anim numbers or made with other LGR. False arrows would be extremely confusing.

By the way, iCS33.LGR has rotated apples for gravity,
but I don't always use them.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

iCS, this (the bjenn edition) is actually the most beautiful lgr I have seen. Very grats and thanks for that.

Concerning the grav apples: "random" animations usually occur only in internals, where kuskis know how gravity is assigned. And usually lgrs don't have more than 2-3 apple animations. So if you assigned L,R,U,D to 6,7,8,9 respectively (just as in post above), it would be pretty convenient.
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Beautiful LGR. 8O

Original lgr only has 2 apples so 99% of levs wont be affected
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

I'm trying it now, but I can barely see the yellow text in game now =( the sky has too similar colors.
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

wow this looks so good! I will dl them all and try making a few levs with it this week :)
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Tigro wrote:Concerning the grav apples: "random" animations usually occur only in internals, where kuskis know how gravity is assigned. And usually lgrs don't have more than 2-3 apple animations. So if you assigned L,R,U,D to 6,7,8,9 respectively (just as in post above), it would be pretty convenient.
I don't think anyone would ever bother setting different animation numbers on gravity apples just because one lgr has got specially designed apples for gravity.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Madness wrote:
Tigro wrote:Concerning the grav apples: "random" animations usually occur only in internals, where kuskis know how gravity is assigned. And usually lgrs don't have more than 2-3 apple animations. So if you assigned L,R,U,D to 6,7,8,9 respectively (just as in post above), it would be pretty convenient.
I don't think anyone would ever bother setting different animation numbers on gravity apples just because one lgr has got specially designed apples for gravity.
I just replied to what Redline said:
Since, you know, I don't play elma at all.
Sla
36mins club
Team: SpEF

Post by Sla »

Madness wrote: I don't think anyone would ever bother setting different animation numbers on gravity apples just because one lgr has got specially designed apples for gravity.
This is why I didnt edited my lgr. Ill see the arrows here, but others players with different lgrs not. So, its pointless, at least by now.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Well, how about all lgr makers decide on some sort of convention? Like which number is which arrow apple. Then it might spread and will be useful for many players.
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

Bjenn wrote:I'm trying it now, but I can barely see the yellow text in game now =( the sky has too similar colors.
Textcolor is a cool stuff! This is a working link: http://zzz.ink/elma/tools/textcolor.exe
I tried it with several settings, 0 (white) is somewhat better than the default yellow. But there's no perfect solution, because textures change during gameplay, and certain colors are perfectly visible over certain textures, but totally invisible over others.
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

sla wrote:
Madness wrote: I don't think anyone would ever bother setting different animation numbers on gravity apples just because one lgr has got specially designed apples for gravity.
This is why I didnt edited my lgr. Ill see the arrows here, but others players with different lgrs not. So, its pointless, at least by now.
Agreed.
And, as far as I can see, levmakers almost never use foodanim feature.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Anim numbers for grav arrows is a nice idea in theory, but it would be very hard to get people to adopt it, and even if they did, there would often be cases of people who don't know about teh setting an anim for no reason, having pipel die on it because they thought grav, and ofc getting angrey.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

Lousku wrote:Anim numbers for grav arrows is a nice idea in theory, but it would be very hard to get people to adopt it, and even if they did, there would often be cases of people who don't know about teh setting an anim for no reason, having pipel die on it because they thought grav, and ofc getting angrey.
Obviously not everyone would use them but it would be nice a nice way of making gravity areas less confusing in some bigger FF levels.
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Zero wrote:Obviously not everyone would use them but it would be nice a nice way of making gravity areas less confusing in some bigger FF levels.
Suar, as long as you would nat rely on everyone having a LGR with those arrows, and mayke sure to indicate otherwise too.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

Gravity arrow symbols should be handled independently of LGRs. A 'gravity mod' for Elma would be great. It would detect grav apples and mark them automatically with the proper arrow. Like in SpecialLevelEditor. Much more simple way than messing with foodanim... and it would work with ANY LGR and on ANY level.
lompe
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Re: iCS LGR v3.3

Post by lompe »

iCS wrote:LINK: https://db.tt/GPAaFVCy
Best lgr i've used. thanks
VALDO
Kuski

Post by VALDO »

I like it too. Only thing is that apples are hard to see on the minimap.
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

VALDO wrote:I like it too. Only thing is that apples are hard to see on the minimap.
Oh... I didn't even remember I'd customized those colours too... that must be a remnant of the version 1.0 of my lgr, which was made back in 2003 :DD
Maybe I'll restore it to the default colour scheme.
k00
Kuski

Post by k00 »

Maybe update the download link on the first post.

Also, how can u restore the color palette to original one. I would very much like to do that for my lgr so that shirts look correct.
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »

Okay, it is difficult to see the yellow in game texts because of the yellow part of the sky. So a version of a blue all the time sky is needed.
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

k00 wrote:Maybe update the download link on the first post.

Also, how can u restore the color palette to original one. I would very much like to do that for my lgr so that shirts look correct.
I'll update first post soon.

My v3.1 LGR has bad palette, and I sucked many hours correcting it. I had to convert pictures manually to indexed color with the correct palette. :x
I've shared my experiences here: http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... 18#p246420
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

k00 wrote:Maybe update the download link on the first post.
First post updated!
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

EDIT: Nab. Delete post.
<nick-o-matic> niec

BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

Wow, never saw this before, looks amazing! The only problem is, you have this BMX bike, I like the original bike.

iCS34.LGR (bikes, apples, killer, exit objects: customized) Possible make this, but with the original bike instead?
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Oke I officially don't like the back asphalt and the yellowish sky. It makes most ballelevs very bleak.
<nick-o-matic> niec

Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Ruben wrote:Oke I officially don't like the back asphalt and the yellowish sky. It makes most ballelevs very bleak.
I think this LGR is not exactly suitable for battling, or competitively playing whatsoever. It's value is in the artistic approach. Maybe a cup level would be good if you designed it with this LGR in mind.
Most people (TL, I'm looking at you) don't give a shit about graphics/pictures/grass in battle levels, so yes, it can look depressive.
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

I made lgr with grav arrows. Here http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9271
And I established anim to grav standard i my topic. IMO i was first so my standard is an official one :) Just dl lgr and while making lev set defgrav.lgr as lgr related to lev. Ofc don't forget to set apple anims :D
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

BlaZtek wrote:Wow, never saw this before, looks amazing! The only problem is, you have this BMX bike, I like the original bike.

iCS34.LGR (bikes, apples, killer, exit objects: customized) Possible make this, but with the original bike instead?
Have you tried iCS34B? It has the original bike.
BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

iCS wrote:
BlaZtek wrote:Wow, never saw this before, looks amazing! The only problem is, you have this BMX bike, I like the original bike.

Have you tried iCS34B? It has the original bike.
Yes, but that one has ALSO the original appels and other objects. I would like everything naturelook, but original bike, no BMX. :)
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

BlaZtek wrote:Yes, but that one has ALSO the original appels and other objects. I would like everything naturelook, but original bike, no BMX. :)
Bike restored :D iCS34BLZ.LGR
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

I wish Merry Christmas to everyone (and Happy 1st Anniversary for myself - registered in EOL on 25th of December in 2015) with this
Ugly Christmas Sweater LGR

(Yes, I know, it's unplayable, epilepsy warning, osv. but still fun imo.)
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Max idea imo xd and well-made too! nice work, gonna check it out later :)