What computer games you're playing?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Zweq
34mins club

Re: What computer games you're playing?

Post by Zweq »

Lee wrote:Image
kickass graphics there m8, makes me instantly want to try it m8.

im playing:
poe(addicted, boring. oh well, making builds is still fun but it's getting increasingly more difficult to reach full potential of builds before getting bored to death),
diablo2 hcl in bnet(still surprisingly fun, gonna go max out on next ladder with botting in scl and stuff for sure),
drod the second sky(BEST BEST BEST GAME OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!)
and skyrim(surprisingly good chilling sidequests with occasional mega voice acting, i have been angry at bethesda for no reason!!!! combat, mechanics and main story not that good tho!!!!!!)

edit: added quote cuz new page FFS!!!!!!!
5tr1k3r
Kuski

Post by 5tr1k3r »

portal 2
everyone knows already though!
haha!

seriously, great fucking game. casually speedrunning stuff now.
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

That blake stone game was mega fun, would recommend. Wonder if pos to comfortably play it nowadays though, i was a tractorist and used keyboard only when played last time.

Someone rich pls buy me portal2 and i'll speedrun it casually too! :^)
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

5tr1k3r wrote:portal 2
everyone knows already though!
haha!

seriously, great fucking game. casually speedrunning stuff now.
Almost as good as Portal 1.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

The first game was so much fun. Now for the sequel.
Pascal
Kuski

Post by Pascal »

Just played indie game called Firewatch. 7/10 for me. First of all - it has INCREDIBLE atmosphere. I mean, seriously. Can't remember when I was so much amazed by in-game world. It's almost empty but when you play it, you just want to be there. If there was any chance I could get a job like this for one month, I'd fucking be packing now. I swear, if I didn't play with my girlfriend I would just travel across this land over and over again. Main plot lasts maybe 5-6 hours and it's pretty addictive, super mysterious etc. At least for 80% of the game. I wasn't satisfied with ending, seemed illogical. You have this feeling for the whole game that you're going for smth really big and then there's actually... nothing.

And hands down, Henry (aka Hank) and Delilah create one of the best game companions I've ever seen. Dialogues between them are so simple yet so natural you can only regret there is no more of it. I loved their relationship though they're communicating only via radio. They're alone in the middle of nowhere, it has to have impact for their behaviour. I wish there were more relationships like this in games.

Play it and try not to sink into that world. I don't think it's possible. And the ending is as nostalgic as you can only imagine with this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9PYPvMz-Wc
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

Firewatch was great but too short. Enjoyed it a lot, though.
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

Going on my wishlist :*
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

firewatch mega pleasant feeling art style, gonna win some awarts be remembered for that for sure
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Speaking of fun art styles, i'm currently mega enjoying lets play of The Witness. Very Myst-like feel imo. Puzzles are mega ez at first, but gradually become harder, and sometimes require out-of-box thinking. Will definitely try it out myself when unlazy :^)
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

cant keep up with new releases anymore.

want to play the new tomb raider game but also currently playing:

binding of isaac - going for lots of completion here eventually
borderlands 2 - casual 3 man cooping to play through the game + dlcs with one of the dudes since he hasnt played the game before
trails in the sky SC - about 100 hours spent here so far, soon done with this singleplayer rpg
csgo - perpetual on/off game with friends
path of exile - havent played since beta so did some soft kennel yolopuppy playing for no reason with the borderlands 2 preschooler

Then like 10, or 100, other games I need to finish up I dont probably remember the name off anymore cuz hail satan
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Still - Quake Live, Age of Empires II HD and sometimes Elma.

And Mortal Kombat, Forza, Skyrim or Fallout 3 on xbox to chill sometimes.
39:37,91
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

I would buy The Witness if it weren't so expensive. Anyway, I'm currently playing Anomaly Warzone Earth, Anomaly Warzone Earth Mobile Campaign and Anomaly Korea interchangeably.
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

culinko wrote:Firewatch was great but too short. Enjoyed it a lot, though.
Downloaded it tonight, and ye it was oke.

Altho i think the dialogs at start is very useless (when there is no game yet but only read shitfuck of nonsense infos and choices).
Team SPEED

ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

So much text about Firewatch but no one says what this game is about and what you do in it, which is like the most important aspect of a game.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

i gues it will be remebered for somthing else than its gameplay
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

ville_j wrote:So much text about Firewatch but no one says what this game is about and what you do in it, which is like the most important aspect of a game.
You are a guy named Henry, you just arrived at your new job, a Lookout at the Two Forks. You are talking to the operator Delilah throughout the whole game. You hike to numerous locations, she is assigning you various tasks (e.g. dealing with someone shooting fireworks). You two talk in the game a lot. You are given different choices of how to respond to her. There is also a mysterious story unfolding. You should watch the trailer, that's when I decided to try it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZX3MgsRb0A.
Labs wrote:Altho i think the dialogs at start is very useless (when there is no game yet but only read shitfuck of nonsense infos and choices).
Yeah, I agree, the start was really boring. You read a bunch of useless stuff, pick some choices, then you walk 5 metres for another cutscene. This goes on and on until you actually arrive near the Lookout.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Last month or so:

95% CSGO
4% Torchlight
0.5% Broken Sword, Grim Fandango
0.5% X-plane 10 (seems better than MFSX both controls and visuals out of the box)
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Tried Adventures of Lolo aka Eggerland, but this stage made me punch the keyboard kinda hard. :D No idea what to do here, the bottom left heart seems impsy.

Anyone remembers this room and maybe can give some advice? I know I could find a video on YouTube but I would like to get a hint rather than the whole solution...
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Clash of clans a bit and getting into Triathlons (sprint and Olympic distances)... not really a game but I almost treat it like one. Gotta holya the training for race day.

Sold one of my two clash of clans accounts recently for $530 USD, so like $750 Canadian. More time now to train for Triathlons.

Been a long time since I have posted on here. Hope everyone is doing well.

RIP Mawane.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

Uh, how exactly do you sell a CoC account? What would a maxed TH9 (besides heroes and walls) with 700 war stars be worth? Thinking of quitting also.
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

https://www.warmane.com/

Lordaeron Server
TT ~ 50:42
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

kuchitsu wrote:Tried Adventures of Lolo aka Eggerland, but this stage made me punch the keyboard kinda hard. :D No idea what to do here, the bottom left heart seems impsy.

Anyone remembers this room and maybe can give some advice? I know I could find a video on YouTube but I would like to get a hint rather than the whole solution...
Very nice kuchitsu, I loved Adventures of Lolo when I first played them as a kid. Unfortunately I don't remember the solution to this room, I should download these and play them through again.

While I'm here I might just post something else related to this topic.

Last weekend I finished Rise of the Tomb Raider (PC). It was an oke game, but too linear which is not an exception in these new era Tomb Raiders. I have played it some 25 hours and got 70%, but this probably tells more about my playing style than the game itself. First I was just casually playing, going wherever I would naturally end up, which most of the times meant exactly the direct path that I am supposed take to get further in the game. Later I adopted a technique of checking the next target location on the map and then I would be sure to go everywhere else except there to find some nice stuff. Then there were also a few nasty bugs that totally prevented me from proceeding and I had to load an earlier save and hope the bug won't trigger again. It's such a shame that in these new Tomb Raiders you can just run through the came if you wish, and if you want to find any of the puzzles (if that's even what you can call them anymore) you have to actually go look for them. I am a hc fan of the classic Tomb Raiders where you actually can't proceed if you don't solve the puzzles. But anyways, nice game and next I am going for 100%, have to start using the map a bit more to be able to find everything.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

A Tale in the Desert VII - A really unique MMO with a stronk playerbase of around 900 people. One of the best games I know of, except it has a horrible engine and some bad interface. And since it's all about the society, it's getting boring with just those 900 players. I'm currently in the final round of the Demi-Pharaoh election. DP can permaban any 7 people they wish. :D Also carrying some petitions that will go up to voting, and if the community passes them, devs will have to code them into effect. Just to give some examples of the unique mechanics in teh.

Worms: Armageddon - We play shopper with mans from #across occasionally. If someone wants to join us sometime, yell or just join #across. :)

Cities: Skylines - Only started this recently and I'm obv pretty bad at it. Feels like I'll wind up playing it quite a bit.

Grapple - Must recommend this. It's a physics-based platformer where you attach to things and swing around like Tarzan. It's just missing replays and lev editor and sach. :/

Race the Sun - Got it for free, turned out to be a nice little thing to do a few runs on here and there.

I hev way too many sick-looking games picked up from sales, just waiting to be played... :/
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »

Ive been adicted to this baseball game at steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/314070
BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

I play Elma.
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Non-Elma related discussion!!! Image
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

Madness for moporator! :lol:
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

anpdad wrote:Speaking of fun art styles, i'm currently mega enjoying lets play of The Witness. Very Myst-like feel imo. Puzzles are mega ez at first, but gradually become harder, and sometimes require out-of-box thinking. Will definitely try it out myself when unlazy :^)
Played through the game myself finally. Beautiful art and puzzles indeed! There were a lot of moments where i would say "whoa!" out loud, which doesnt happen very frequently anymore. The game is puzzle-after-puzzle-after-puzzle though, so if you're not into dry brain-twisters, i would not recommend it at all. A solid 9/10 for me though.
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

I played The Witness, wasnt impressed really. Its not really a puzzle game either. Its more like connect the dots with different rules in different areas AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. Got all the laz0rs and quit the game after 9 hours.
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Yeah i feel like the majority would feel the same way you did. So the puzzles themselves didnt feel challenging and/or interesting? I was actually impressed by the minimalistic nature of puzzles, and how they made you think outside of the box every now and then (sometimes successfully, other times less so). Wouldn't mind more variety though.
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

I think the Myst reference is what fucked everything up when I bought the game. Theres a fundamentally big difference. Myst = What does this random lever do? The Witness = This connect the dot puzzle with unlock the next connect the dot puzzle to the right. There is no "mystery" to it. I guess I expected more random machines, ancient puzzle boxes, numerals, levers etc.

Well some of the puzzles in this game was great fun though. Like the one with the bird sounds, and where you had to line up tree branches osv in the environment to see the required patterns and other stuff that makes you think outside the box. Those kinds of puzzles make you feel you accomplished something.

Anyways dark souls 3 released now. Gonna play that shit
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

Dungeon Defenders II on Steam now, pretty fun with 3 friends.
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Finished Dark Souls III four times, liked it less than previous games in the series. Still a great game that is definitely worth buying, and i suppose the inevitable DLCs will make it even better than it is now. Will keep playing it and trying out new builds and challenges for sure.

Mechanics-wise, they did a lot of things right. Bosses were piss easy though, except for maybe Lothric bros :D And lore-wise, i dunno. It felt like there's way way too many homages to ds1 to the point that it's kind of overdone. Didn't bother me too much, but made the whole experience a tad less enjoyable overall.
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

anpdad: I've never tried the Soul Series (plus Bloodbourne). Where should I start?)
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

tetris battle drop on fb- fun
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Boomer wrote:anpdad: I've never tried the Soul Series (plus Bloodbourne). Where should I start?)
To be honest, you can start from pretty much any of them. Main gameplay mechanisms have been largely left untouched since Demon's Souls; only the balance of certain skills/items keeps changing from one Souls game to another. And graphics-wise they have all aged relatively well. I'd recommend trying out DS2 because, unlike DS3, you can now get it relatively cheaply, and it also has great DLCs, which almost double gameplay time. It also has the best PC port, supports 60fps natively, and you'll have easier time getting used to controls.

Many people are recommending to start from DS3 now, and i agree to a point. It's a bit more fast-paced (bloodborne-style) and way more linear though. I myself started from DS1 a year ago, - completely blind, without knowing anything about the series, - and loved it. However, you have to download a couple of external tools to make it comfortable to play. So yeah, any game is fine to start with, heh :D And preferrably without any spoilers and guides.
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

Dark Souls 3 is much quicker and reactive due to the addiction to rolling spawned from Bloodborne, which makes the game seem more brutal and action packed. I replayed ds1 after ds3 and man does it seem slow as fuck now. I could run through the last couple of areas in the game without taking damage once. One mistake such as a bad timed roll will cost you more though in the previous installments which will seem more frustating.

Tbh heres how I see these games.

DS1+dlc: Pure classic game with many iconic bosses. Slow and methodical wins the day (bonus points if you master the #1337_skill of parrying). The bonus dungeon is awesome too.

DS2+dlc: Main game sucks donkeyballs, barely no memorable boss. Every single gaddame boss has a quirk that can be circumvented to kill them easier. The dlcs make up for it and is way better than the main game (3 dlcs aka 3 dungeons). The hardest and most challenging bosses in the game will be found in the dlcs. Everyone talks about the Fume Knight. Game gets a lot higher rating with the dlcs included is the point here.

DS3(no dlcs yet): Faster game, rolling requires less stamina now so you can dodgeroll 24/7 9/11 4/20 etc and parrying was for scrubs and casual filth anyways. Nameless King is a cool boss that make up for the lack of hard bosses (dunno anpe talking about Lothric princes being harder Idk about that but the common consensus on the intramenet.www seems to be that the Nameless King is the hardest boss but maybe I read all those articles wronk)

Bloodborne: Wtf you think I am some kind of lowly console peasant? Havent played this.
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Yeah, the general consensus is that the nameless king is the hardest, i haven't had problems with him for some reason (except for camera in the first phase), but died three times to lothric in NG. Maybe i was underleveled at that point, duno. I agree about the rest of the points about ds1/ds3 pretty much, but dunno why ds2 gets so much hate. DLCs were the best part of it definitely, but i enjoyed the main game much as well. Maybe because it's the only game in the series where i've managed to do a No Deaths Any% run and a SL1 run :D It taught me the most and maybe that's why i'm the most fond of it. Definitely biased here ;)
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

Why people hated on ds2 is mostly due to how fast weapons degrade, and those damn life gems. The Pursuer, Lost Sinner, Mytha the Baneful Queen, Looking Glass Knight all had some fantastic concepts but as a player you were "meant" to use the quirks to kill them really easily or make the fight considerably easier by shining light into the Lost Sinners room, removing the poison in Mythas room, dont go in as human for the Looking Glass Knight, use the crossbow vs the Pursuer, and make sure you kill Vendrick with all 4 giant souls in your inventory and he becomes a joke etc. Just like how they conveniently placed a sword in Yhorms room in ds3 that kills him in 5 hits. That kind of design dont sit right with me and many other people. Also they made sure that its not only hard, its almost impossible to take down Mytha if you dont remove the poison first. I would have loved to have a boss fight where you continually lose hp so its a race against the clock as well. Or that you had to fight the Lost Sinner in darkness no matter what and was forced to make do without the lockon feature etc. Innovative stuff like that.

Also the level design in ds2 (dlcs excluded) feels like the world was just created for your character to walk through. They added obvious doodads for you to knock over so you can save 20 seconds of walking in that area, compared to ds1 where you naturally unlock shortcuts to different places that feels innate to the world like its a real world you got dropped in and trying to navigate, and not a character that they drew a level around. So much of the level design in ds2 is an arrow pointing towards a broken window screaming "yeah the door is closed so walk here man" Its not so horrible you shouldnt even play it ofc, its just a huge step down. These negative points was remedied in dark souls 3, even if a lot of the level design is actually dark souls 1 maps.
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

I agree about lifegems being a horrible addition, they fundamentally change the game's general pacing and bossfights too much, and not in a good way. What kind of crack were they smoking when they added those? I mildly disagree about weapons degrading, but it's such a minor mechanic that i won't bother to elaborate on the point. Weapons pretty much not breaking at all is equally stupid in my opinion (why not just remove the mechanic entirely instead), but it's just an opinion.

Now about the bossfights. I think you have valid arguments here (up to a point), but i'll try to demonstrate that my viewpoint is valid too. It's ok if we disagree :) Ok, so anyway. You don't have to light up The Lost Sinner's room (in fact, i havent done so at all in any of my playthroughs) and it doesnt even make any big impact on the fight, it's mainly a convenience tool. And the fight gets significantly more hectic in NG+ because of 2 additional sorcerers there. Pursuer is a fair and fun earlygame fight even if you dont abuse ballistae, and there's even a one-time option to kill him on the roof before that boss room. I thought that was very cool. They don't force you to cheese him, but you can choose to if you wish. And he's actually entirely skippable and optional! The whole game can be completed without encountering him even once, even though it doesn't feel that way on the first playthrough. Another little example of a quirk that i enjoyed is the first Dragonrider fight, where you can raise an additional platform to make it easier to fight him... which you will most likely do on your first playthrough unknowingly. Or, instead, you can skip this thing and try to make him fall in the water and instadie. And it feels good to "outsmart" him in this fashion. These examples are totally different to Yhorms room, which is absolutely horrible, - kind of like fight with Vendrick, which was megastupid too. You simply have to give in to the gimmick, there's no workaround. But at least Vendrick is an optional boss, and not one of the four main bosses of the game, so the gimmicky fight can be forgiven a bit. I agree about Mytha though, what a lost opportunity there :) There's another example of a failed "timed" fight - in Flexile Sentry room the water level raises higher and higher, making it harder to fight, but the boss dies too fast for you to feel any hindrance. I didn't even know about that until reading about it recently.

All in all, i think Miyazaki could borrow some really good ideas from ds2 bosses and polish them, but he seems to have ignored it completely, which saddened me a little tbh. And while ds2 indeed had laughably bad design in several areas, it had a lot of overall freedom. So i don't see ds3 as a direct improvement in level design, because while it's more thought-out and tight, it almost completely lacks global freedom. As an example - the difference between the All Bosses and the Any% speedruns in ds3 is only 9 minutes. In ds2 the difference is 1.5 hours (with DLCs though, but it was over 30 minutes before dlcs, with varying routes). Still, ds3 is a really great game, which fixes a lot of problems ds2 introduced, but i feel like ds2 doesn't deserve enough praise for its good ideas (and i think it had plenty), but gets more than enough bashing for its downsides. I'll try to avoid delving into the offtopic lands, but will read if you reply of course >:D

Can't choose what to play right now, so back to PoE for a while, even though ultra fed up with it.
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

What anpdad think of new doom game? I love it.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

my copypaste from another forum:
I tried watching some Doom 4 gameplay videos, but I couldn't get far because I just felt sorry for the monsters. They are moving like some helpless drunkards, just barely shooting back at the player, and the way they suffer and die in horribly bloody ways... I really really don't understand the modern gaming aesthetic.

That's the thing with the classic games, they might have generated some controversy 20 years ago, but actually they are very cartoonish, colorful and almost happy. The monsters are badass (everyone respects cyberdemons and arch-viles) but at the same time they are sympathetic, they are almost like your friends that you come to see again and again. Like everyone finds cacodemons very cute, and you could argue that arachnotrons and demons look kinda like pets as well. You just feel good around them. And the ways they die are cool and satisfying, and they don't make you feel like a cold-blooded killer that tortures thousands of demons without dropping a sweat.

So basically I pretty much agree with fraggle I think. For me Doom has nothing to do with brutalness, gore, grim environments or whatever. It's more like a wonderful adventure, sometimes colorful, other times mysterious or spooky, but never really dark.
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

I have not played doom 2016 myself yet (it's expensive + not easily available via torrents), nor have i watched any gameplay apart from the trailer, so i dont have any real opinion yet. Will definitely play it eventually, and currently trying not to spoil anything by watching letsplays and whatnot. But I heard that it's more action-packed and fast-paced than doom3 which is a huuuge plus for me. I'm a fan of slow horror games, but not when it comes to doom, - give me action and something badass to shoot at, not some lousy jumpscares! Also, several people pointed out that level design is pretty solid, which makes me excited. However, I also kind of agree with kuchi about the aesthetics, - i'm not really a fan of modern shooters in general, - but so far it seems like id did the best they could in the current market. Will see when i get my hands on the game :D
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

I played Doom 2016, and well since you dont want any spoilers lets just say that the horror aspect is like completely gone compared to doom 3. It definitely have a closer feeling to the old games where the main focus its about the demon slaying and surveying the landscape. The levels design is also a lot more like the old games with more open levels, not really 100% clear where to go every time, some things to explore etc.
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

To me it looked like the old Quake 3 Arena combined with Half-Life story line and some collectibles to grab. I was watching it on Twitch and kinda liked it.
ofta
Kuski

Post by ofta »

i bought ds3 last week and like it so far, i'm really not a "fan-boy", still nice game though. i really enjoyed the deacon fight, but haven't played much yet. but one thing i don't like is the way estus flasks refills at bonfires and after death, it feels retarted? i played bloodborne and everytime you wanted to drink a bit of life you had to make a decision if you want to waste 1 bottle from inventory or not because you had to buy/find them; in ds3 you can just drink without much concequences wich feels weird for me? was it the same in ds1+2? haven't played them
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

ofta wrote:... it feels retarted?

... wich feels weird for me?
Why do you end regular sentences with question marks? Is it common in your native language (swe)?
I see it on interwebz from time to time and it looks ultra weird to me.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
5tr1k3r
Kuski

Post by 5tr1k3r »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqNhEzrWQpY
relevant. seems like an american thing