Losing weight

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Re: Losing weight

Post by Chris »

Well I need to eat in the morn before I go anywhere, otherwise I feel very bad after few hours and poss can faint. When I sit at home I can eat very little once or twice during day.

And Lukazz you are fucking zodiak killer. :!:
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

74kg today.
39:37,91
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

I've been stuck at 65 kg forever, so annoying! Today was 65.3 kg. I've been enjoying alcohol on weekends lately, but I've got to stop and concentrate more on this weight thing now.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

72.5, oy!
39:37,91
5tr1k3r
Kuski

Post by 5tr1k3r »

I'm 184/90 now, my max weight was ~96-97 one-two years back. I'm not really fat now, more like bulky overall - do have a belly though, duh. Been going to the gym for about two months now, recently added biking to sports activities as well. Feeling significantly better and more energetic than before!
I don't count calories, but I do try to cut down on sugar and all the sugary stuff. Pretty sure I'm having a calorie deficit, practically losing my jeans while walking around now, fuck! With that said, I have a hard time finding enough protein (only potato in motherland), I think I wanna buy some whey protein thingie in the near future. And some other supplements but that's kinda different topic.
My goal would probably be fit 85 for now. Or fit 90, but that seems like the next step.
Btw listen to Lukazz, mans, he knows his shit.

TLDR: was fat, now less fat and aspiring to great new heights.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Today 59.9kg, first time u60! Losing weight hasn't been much of a priority anymore, been hovering around 61kg for months. Thought it would be nice to wrap this up a bit now after the final limit break (definitely not going for 50kg xd).

So.. don't know where to start. Well, first of all I have to say I am extremely happy that this thing has been successful. Compared to my previous challenge, quitting smoking, this has been much more nicer experience even though it has been a bit harder. The hardest part was of course starting it, but once I got it going it was relatively easy to keep it up. What has been nice to notice now in the recent months is that even though I haven't really prioritized weight losing or weighed myself regularly I haven't started gaining weight. I've been drinking beer and eating pizzas and burgers every once in a while, but most of the time I guess I am still eating healthier than before this project and that's great. It has also made me try out new foods and now I have a better understanding how much and what I should be eating, so hopefully I can have my autopilot on and not worry too much about everything I'm about to eat. I still have some fat in my body I would like to get rid of, but I'm not too worried about it. I could go for some 55kg but it's not a priority.

Here a nice graph

Last year it was cigarettes, this year weight.. what could be the next big project for the year 2017? Quitting bear? OMG maybe not, too scary to think about that! Anyways, I also want to encourage everyone else who have something to improve in their lives: you can do it too!
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Wtf? Stop right there, you don't want to become a living skeleton.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

In his first post ville said he's only 165cm, so I think there's a long way to go till be becomes a skeleton.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

I guess you forget the fact that I am a midget 165cm. I think it's really unfair when people say stuff like you when I'm still on the very healthy side of BMI while other people like chris__ can have over two units smaller BMI and everyone's fine with it just because they weight over 70kg which doesn't sound that little. For your information, I could weight 50kg and still be considered "normal weight" by the BMI.

edit: ty lukazz
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Sounds quite cool and inspiring. Does this thing also affect physical strength and such? How do you feel about your body in that aspect?
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

I guess that depends on many things. I have never done any kind of muscle training and my work and hobbies aren't physical at all, most of the time I just sit on a computer, walk or stand up. So for me this hasn't had that much of an impact on that side and I haven't noticed anything, but of course I've probably also lost some muscle mass. I remember I used to be very tired in the mornings last winter before I started this project, like I could hardly keep my eyes open in the bus while I was travelling to work. Now I have noticed I don't feel that bad at all, so I guess that's a positive effect this has had. I most certainly don't feel any less energetic than I used to.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

ville_j wrote:I guess you forget the fact that I am a midget 165cm. I think it's really unfair when people say stuff like you when I'm still on the very healthy side of BMI while other people like chris__ can have over two units smaller BMI and everyone's fine with it just because they weight over 70kg which doesn't sound that little. For your information, I could weight 50kg and still be considered "normal weight" by the BMI.

edit: ty lukazz
Okay, BMI says that the healthy weight range for your height is 50.4 kg - 68.3 kg, so you are only halfway to being a skeleton. :)

I don't believe this BMI stuff too much though. It says I should weigh between 58 kg and 78.6 kg with my 177 cm height. When I was 72 kg I was really thin, now I am 65 kg as I've unintentionally lost 7 kg in a month and I could see and count all my ribs... Can't believe 58 kg would still be healthy for me, I am sure I would die if I lost another 7 kg...
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

I also don't think BMI is some absolute truth, but as I said I still have some noticeable fat and I'm well in the healthy BMI range too so I believe I can still lose some weight. What is more important is the body fat percentage, but that's harder to measure. My scale has some method of measuring this, but I don't think it's very accurate. Anyways according to that my body fat percentage has gone down from 25 to 20. For men the average range is 18-25, but healthy range can go as low as 6 percent (that's of course for some athletes and such). I don't really understand why would it be more important to have a weight over some minimum limit rather than just having a lower body fat percentage. I mean why should I (or anyone) weight 55kg rather than 50kg, if that extra 5kg is just fat? Isn't lower body fat percentage anyways better until some physical limit when it becomes dangerously low?
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

I lost like 6kg since September. 72/73kg now.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

I stopped running, for now. I started to have regular football matches like 2 months ago (once a week, plus occasional training) and after that point in time I never really felt like going for a run on any other day in a week, coz I told myself, I need to be fresh for football. Which is mebe partly true, but not rly.
I have 3 more weeks of football, but it is really a bit too cold now for running, so I guess I will not start running even after the football season is over.
Also I tried to run with Pokémon GO to get some extra little advantage in the game, but it seriously pissed me off, that I run slightly faster than is the ingame limit for tracking your movement (10,5 km/h) so the game does not count it. Like wtf. And running purposely slow is idiotic. It is very small and stupid thing, but it is also part of the reason I kinda stopped running. Maybe if the game'd count faster speeds, I'd run moar. Mebe. Mebe nat.

I still like running quite a bit. I will start again in spring, I think.

Also I have consistent weight in past few months (90kg/191cm), so I stopped worrying 'bout that.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

God fucking damn it.

I gained 4,8 kg in two months (95,5 now). I just weighted myself.

I started a new, quite stressful, job. I sit on my ass all day, eat lunch at restaurant every day, after lunch I buy an energy drink (coz not used to do smth productive every day), I also eat like 2 chocolate sticks or smth sugary every day and I do not get enough of sleep. Almost every day after work I go for a drink with friends, coz I need to relax my brains. And then I sleep a lot at the weekend.

I felt a bit more fat than before, but what the hell, that was fast. No wonder all my colleagues in work are very fat. They all had sedentary jobs their whole life.

Just wanted to write it here so I can realize it better.

edit: btw didn't start running this year yet.
5tr1k3r
Kuski

Post by 5tr1k3r »

Cut down on sugar hard, and cut down on fast carbs in general, and you'll be fine!
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Damn blu, sounds heavy. Aside from what striker mentioned, have you considered cycling to work? I sometimes feel a bit silly suggesting it to everybody but imo it's an amazing way of forcing yourself to do some exercise EVERY DAY (it's raining? ooh poor thing, get waterproof trousers :p). Especially if the distance is reasonable (a few km).
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

Bludek wrote: 7 Apr 2017, 20:26 God fucking damn it.

I gained 4,8 kg in two months (95,5 now). I just weighted myself.

I started a new, quite stressful, job. I sit on my ass all day, eat lunch at restaurant every day, after lunch I buy an energy drink (coz not used to do smth productive every day), I also eat like 2 chocolate sticks or smth sugary every day and I do not get enough of sleep. Almost every day after work I go for a drink with friends, coz I need to relax my brains. And then I sleep a lot at the weekend.

I felt a bit more fat than before, but what the hell, that was fast. No wonder all my colleagues in work are very fat. They all had sedentary jobs their whole life.
Not much changed for me in this since 2017. I weight 98 kg now (192cm) and it does not feel very good. At least I don't drink much alcohol nowadays and I go to sleep earlier.

But: I stopped running and I even stopped playing football (we had amateur league every weekend). I only occasionally play beach voleyball nowadays.

I've tried intermitten fasting (IF), but I felt embarrassed to talk about it with others, so only my GF knew it and when I was with other people I didn't really do any fasting. Maybe I even started to eat less healthy because of IF - I was always super hungry at noon in work so I went straight to a fast food place sometimes, coz I needed the food like immediately, you know :roll: So nowadays I do not do IF anymore. I am not even sure it was a good thing for me. I did probably eat more calories and unhealthier food, but in shorter timeframe, which did not help.

I would love to hear it from someone rly close to me (preferably from my GF), that I should do something about it. But she is kinda okey with it :roll: I am just too lazy myself. It worked for me in the past (when my prev GF told me that she would love if I started running), so I am quite sure it would work again.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I think the most important thing should be whether you feel good as you are, and you admitted you'd rather lose some :)

I'm far from a cooking/nutrition pro, but I did some reading recently and tried to alter some of my/our habits. One relatively easy and presumably beneficial change was swapping rice and pasta from refined to almost solely wholegrain (brown), which is more nutritious, less calorific, and more sating at the same time. The taste feels weird at first, but is max ez to get used to it once you become convinced that there's nothing wrong with it in principle. And don't take my word for it, if you're a bit conflicted about the benefits of healthy eating or losing weight or certain types of foods, try to read some articles/books (from sensible sources that don't have an interest in selling anything...). It helped me raise my consciousness about things, and I automatically started thinking about this more on a daily basis :)

Also, I kinda discovered that I actually enjoy cooking vegetables, and a surprising amount of dishes can be made by just throwing chopped and canned vegetables into a pan/pot, maybe with some meat or tofu or whatever. Maybe trying more simple stuff (and not feeling guilty about not cooking "pro" recipies!!!, like I did before...) could help you cook more often by yourself, and cook more healthily as well :)

Also:
https://www.theguardian.com/food/2020/f ... s-monteiro
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Another pro amateurish tip:

Place a big pretty bowl, specifically for fruit, on your dining/living room table, and keep it filled up as colourfully as possible. I did that, and it annoys me when it's empty so I fill it up, and I worry that the fruit will go bad if I don't eat them, so I eat them! :D And it's a great way of satisfying your sugar craving without overdoing it, cuz fruit are more sating than other sweets with much more concentrated sugar content. Plus vitamins and all :)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

i see fruit bowl , i eat fruit bowl until epty, that is the main issue with losing weight imo.

In autumn i went prety hardcore with lowcarb for 2 mounths and lost quite a bit of weight, in the beginning a lot of liquids but imo burned a lot of fat as well. I think all hav come back by now though because christmas time turned things back to how they used to be.

Ez gona lose weight soon again though when spring and summer come, because wil become much more physically active
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

Was 110kg in August now 85kg
177cm

Still want to lose a bit more fat.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

that's sick progress. nice, ben3eeE!

did you eat less? Did you exercise? Did you change your diet?
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

Eat less and walk. Did 2-3h of walking after work every day and a bit more on weekends.
Also changed diet a bit to eat less carbs. I don't do some special diet just being mindful of what I eat. I also don't drink nearly as much alcohol as I used to.

Some other minor improvements like standing at work as well.

First 3 months had the most loss of 20kg. After that I have been nicer to my body which was really sad with that much loss in such a short time. Now I'm healthier.

There are graphs of my weight I have posted them in discord. Could upload here if orka and anyone wants to see.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*