World Cup 7 website

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

World Cup 7 website

Post by ville_j »

World Cup 7 website is finally published! At the moment you can find simple level submitting form and basic rules / information. There is still plenty of time before the cup actually starts, so now is your time to give suggestions on what you would like to see on the site. You can also check the old worldcup6 site, I believe all those basic features will be included on this new site too once the cup starts. If you have ideas for some additional stats, graphs or whatever crazy things don't be afraid to suggest, I am happy to develop the site and make this the best World Cup experience so far!

Head down to http://wcup.site and get stoked!
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Re: World Cup 7 website

Post by Polarix »

Nice and clean setup. Good work.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Exciting. :)
ville_j wrote:now is your time to give suggestions on what you would like to see on the site
I think it would be nice to have logs of announcements and discussions on #across and #wc7. Maybe combined into one text for more comfortable viewing (ez using timestamps?). I love reading how people react to crazy times, but I can't always be present when it is happening.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

That is actually a very nice idea. I think it can be easily done semi-automatically, I'll add it to my to-do list!
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

good stuff keep it up volle prod of you
ToMaT
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

World Cup 7 is closing in and I will be working on the site more on the coming weeks. Not many ideas here it seems, but if you have some suggestion for interesting stats etc you should share them asap. Irc log feature that kuchitsu mentioned is done.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Cool, I'll be reading these logs!

I have one crazy idea... How about a predictions area? For example, anyone can take a guess at the win time, the event winner, etc (all guesses are hidden until the end of the event because they can be seen as spoilers). Then the closest guesses get the most points. It can be a whole competition on its own. I think it will be good fun for people that aren't great players or don't have time to hoyl for hours but still want to participate in some form.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Will be a competition that Kazan also wins by just writing his own pr every week)

I remember when I was new to elma and I think MopoCup 3 was running, and on the website you could see a picture of a detail from every level. Thought it was really cool and made the levels more memorable, and also you could get hyped to play a future lev just by seeing a cool pic.

If possible would be a cool addition to the site)
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Could have possibility for top 3 to enter their interviews themselves on the site.
Igge wrote:Will be a competition that Kazan also wins by just writing his own pr every week)
But could get more points if guessing earlier.