Why that nick??

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Rigger
Donator duck

Why that nick??

Post by Rigger »

Why do you guys have the nick you use?

Here's my history:

*** Rigger ***
-------------------------------------

Several years ago i played some rpg with GuyB and there was a npc called Rigger. I thought the name sounded pretty cool and it 's followed me ever since.
aka: Rig, Riggy, Rigster, Rigg0r, DanShark, R0gst0r, Rocker and many many others
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

My last name is Petersen and in the dialect of the part of Denmark that I am from Petersen is shortent to "petsen" and since I was very little my mother called my petsen, and my friends later on also called my petsen, because of our dialect in souther Jutland in Denmark, so now everybody called my petsen and then when I started to play Elma my nick surely had to be ------- petsen

:D
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

rRRriBot
my original IRCnet nick, randomly cased, was from some wr table i think, where i saw rRulze or someit. it made me think, damn, extra letters that are not pronounced are needed!!!

rQ-¬%
this nick was specifically created for elm0r:
  • rQ-E - a short nick, after \dc, dz, px, and others, i wanted this style to
  • rQ - short for ribot, or ribQt (smoked)
  • E - Elasto Marihuana
  • % - well if u look at the whole nick: rQ-E% u can see that it's a smoking weird dude on a bike, not much different from el ma dude
leRoi
why a french nick? i like to use "french" in my bortnian. i'm the king in my own world; at least i want to be.

¿sycpe
one of my later compositions. psych, for psycho and psychoactive (phychedelic, psychiatric). cp for cerebral pares, who doubts i have a brain disease :] ? then there is the old cybe too, of the mushrooms.
Last edited by ribot on 23 Sep 2002, 15:02, edited 4 times in total.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

to have motivation to play every level i changed nick every time when i got my old one out of the tables
once i had to change my nick again i saw some name from some soap opera (i don't know the name of it (jcl can help), haven't ever seen it) - milagros
i chose this one
then first slovak table came and i was there under that nick
then i changed it again but milord iddn't change it in the tables so i use this one
[carebox]
magicman
Kuski

okey

Post by magicman »

I got my nick magicman from a sport klip... it was a swe NHL pro who played some years ago(many years ago)...
and why did he call him magicman? yeh cus was realy good...

and btw I almost hate my nick a little bit ;) cus I was young and stupid, and now when I had this nick for 4 years+ ...it feels hard to change nick! :D

well cya this was the first post I wrote to mopolauta :D
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
jcl
Donator duck

Post by jcl »

milagros wrote:i saw some name from some soap opera (i don't know the name of it (jcl can help), haven't ever seen it) - milagros
Actually, the soap opera is called milagros too :wink:
the weed fan club
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

jcl wrote:
milagros wrote:i saw some name from some soap opera (i don't know the name of it (jcl can help), haven't ever seen it) - milagros
Actually, the soap opera is called milagros too :wink:
i'm sure it's not (in slovak)
i'll ask somebody when i come back
[carebox]
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Abula wrote:About 4-5 years ago three friends started to play Quake in LAN (stupid game :P). It was the first place for us to have own nicks. So, one of the friends decided to put "Carju" because of something..hm I should remember. His real name is Kalle and "karju" means male pig in Finnish, maybe this was the reason. Hm, don't think so..eh.

Then the second friend took "Tuska" nick. Actually it was "TuskaMC" at first (later MC came to our team name, Mahti Crossers). I picked up the nick from "Myrkky" -magazine.

Then I just took some really cool (not) nick Abula Butalulu. Yea, there were two parts at the beginning. Butalulu, hihi.

We all are playing Across/Elma with our real first names but in IRC/sites/contests and so on we have those sweet nicks. If I remember correct I used "Abula" first time in psymorph's across page, we liked (and still like!) AP levels.
Old Mopolauta, (10/22/01 5:34:22 pm)
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I should play Age of Empires 2 with my big brother (Sauron on danish totallist) and then I wnated to have a good nick.
I looked in a logo catalog were some bionicle figurs have cool names.
Fist I took Pohatu or was it Tahu (can't remember) But I though it was a little bad one, so next time we played i took Kopaka which have followed med ever since :-)

- Kopaka [cEp]
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Well, my name is Svein Rune, so I'm called SveinR.

Talk about originality...
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Jonas
Kuski

Post by Jonas »

HEy magicman....I think you mean Kenta Nilsson....am I right?..
TT: 43:18:94 Jonas [GF]
H2O2Manden
Kuski
Team: EMA

Post by H2O2Manden »

H2o2manden...

Probably doesn't mean a lot to most people, 'cause it's danish for "The H2o2Guy", which means "The Hydrogenperoxideguy".
I got it because of a danish musician singing about "the hydrogenperoxideguy", and I just think it's such a lame and pathetic name, that I wanted to call myself that. =)
I've wanted to change it for a long time, but it's like it's a part of me now, and I can't see myself called something else after so many years. =)
I invented the flying saucer!
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Copy-pasted from my homepage:
Why do I call myself Zworqy? Well, I guess that is a good question. Actually, it's just the title of a techno-CD named Zwork that I have changed. I was fascinated by the fact that it contains two of the most uncommon letters in the swedish alphabet, Z and W. To make it even more fascinating, I added two other uncommon letters, Q and Y,
and there it was, Zworqy! It's Cool, isn't it!
And, as an addition to H2O2Mandens reply, hydrogenperoxide is the most common chemical used when bleaching (=making whiter) your hair. So it means "the fake blonde". LOL![/quote]
Rasu
Kuski

Post by Rasu »

I have like the most boring nick-history possible. It's Rasu cuz my name is, RAoul SUndsten. Don't know when I thought of that stupid nick, but anyway I only use it in the Elma-scene. My real official nick is Rawl, which I use in IRC and other places. It comes from a wierd pronounciation of my real name.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Well, there was this band named the Ramones...
Joey Ramone
Dee Dee Ramone
Tommy Ramone
Johnny Ramone

4 original members
(etc)

well... if you didnt figured that out all ready... well... no wyou know
Elasto Mania - ez better
Uube
Kuski

Post by Uube »

My little brother Miika(miguel) started to call me Uube when I was ~10 years old... nowadays my friends and even my parents call me Uube thats why it's quite a natural choice for my nick...

stupid nick but who cares...
Uube @ Team ReC
epp
Kuski

Post by epp »

Figure it out yourself 8)
Maybe it because that my real name is Jeppe (BIG surpsise!)...?
Image ^_^
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

I think I explained this on my interview, I'm too lazy to write it again
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

Hmm, i chose Antz because, umm.. i dunno. i guess i just wanted a nick. the nick's very new, just a few months ago. it came from my name Antti (that's original!). (btw, 1st post ever :) )
Xupacabra
Kuski

Post by Xupacabra »

...Xupacabra... 8)

Well, most of you know the original name is:
*La Chupacabra*
It is a belief from india or mexico (i forgot already) about a beast who used to come out at night and slay the familys' goats around.
at that time goats were important!! (go figure...) :D
and so i thought the story is preety cool...
i'm too lazt to write the wholw thing over and over...
so i mutated it to: Xupacabra
why>?
spelled with an x it looks cooler and also to fit into irc who requires 9 letters...
I'm known all over the net by this name
so there you go! :wink:
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

i was having boring day at school, all i could think about was elma elma and best time. then i thought a nick cuz abu has been complaining drleviathan was too long. :~b i made this mellow nick dezz, which was "ok" but i got annoyed by it later on and followed fashionaly formed it as dz, thats the story;§ ~
deadnite
Kuski

Post by deadnite »

ok my nick is stupid :D
but anyway I like a band called Children of Bodom and they have a song Deadnight Warrior (it's damn good :D ) so deadnite comes from deadnight.
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

I had to invent a nick to put in the end of my lev names like "by xxx". Wanted something short so that the level name could be longer. As a imaginary person I am I took my initals Mika Palomäki(MP) ...oh yeeh, boring dull stupid lame but no can do
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

yeh good that u dont call yourself MoPo, that would be even more lame ;)
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

ouch, that must hurt :)
Flowertouching Men
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

dz wrote:i was having boring day at school, all i could think about was elma elma and best time. then i thought a nick cuz abu has been complaining drleviathan was too long. :~b i made this mellow nick dezz, which was "ok" but i got annoyed by it later on and followed fashionaly formed it as dz, thats the story;§ ~
Dr. Leviathan -> Dezz -> Dz -> dz

I asked if you could shorten it. You had so many records on Moposite and I had problems to get space for it :]. Same with his brother, NPhoBiaz, though I can't remember the longer version. Nyctobiaz or something.

Ye, nick shortening is a trend (at least was): psymorph -> psy, PeXi -> px, Snyder -> sny, MGen -> mg, SirEvilX -> EML, GuyBrush -> GuyB etc. Next DarMoeD -> DMD, TorInge -> Tor, Jeppe -> Jep? I wonder how the next trend will be.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

well nyctophobiaz was his continuum nick long before, and still is.. every day.. his mad :\
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

I don't follow the trends, so I decided to change my nick to -<<*kKrLiZk0rRr0tH3f70w3r80y*>> [FM]
Flowertouching Men
Xupacabra
Kuski

Post by Xupacabra »

abula - if one day i'll have records i'll change to xupa like most of you call me ok?

just so it can be easier :lol:

*problem is now with dmd it's f**** hard to get any*
dmd rocking too much 8)

keep it up!
GuyB
Donator duck

My nick

Post by GuyB »

Once I tried the demo for monkey island 3, and found it fun like hell, so I bought the game and played it. still having the name GuyBrush Threepwood in my head I entered elma and had to type a nick.. "hmm" I thought... GuyBrush 8) ...
Later on I became annoyed that I couldn´t write the entire nick and the number of the level when I had to save my replay, so I shortened it when I had to save replays.. And then the name GuyB was born .. I liked it and chose it as my nick

while on the topic.. the name RDK

the name rdk means Riderfriends DenmarK
I live on a road called Ryttervej ... In english it means Rider-Road, and the friends whom I established RDK with all lived on the same road.. So Rider + ( first danish team ) = Riderfriends DK = RDk

LOL, I hope it made sence 8)

GuyB[rdk]
Danish elma and across-site. Home of the OLDSCHOOL contest AND Hibernatus´ old ACROSSLEVELS
Rigger
Donator duck

RDK members

Post by Rigger »

well, Mindsurf was in RDK from the beginning, but he didn't live on Ryttervej, but wtf.

-Rigger[RDK]
aka: Rig, Riggy, Rigster, Rigg0r, DanShark, R0gst0r, Rocker and many many others
kuiva
Kuski

Post by kuiva »

5 years ago i was thinking of irc-nick and kuiva came to my mind..no special reason...

kuiva is finnish and it means dry.
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

ChuckleS...I really have no idea where it came from...
But the capital S is because my real nick is ={ChuckleS}= and for some reason the first and last letters of the nick ar caps...with the exception of ={RoniMoX}= who has completely ruined the whole concept :D
[MK] comes from ={MopokuskiS}= believe it or not
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Cna
Kuski

Post by Cna »

Well, let's see.

My mIRC name is "Carni", and that's the name all the elite CS players know me as. (Played CS for 3 years, still plays, work as admin at #warzone on qnet.) "Carni" actually comes from my real nick that is "Carnivora", but since everyone calls me "Carni".. yeah.. well.. :twisted:
Cna is just a short for Carnivora.
Have had that nick for many years so get used to it :P

Take care!
/Cna
100,000 lemmings can't be wrong.
onlainari
Kuski

the story you have heard.

Post by onlainari »

4 years ago I was thinking of my first nick ever and it happened because I had to,I just had got internet to my brand new computer and I was installing the ICQ that my friend wanted me to have. Then it required nick and Ville (my real name)was taken and I looked around and I saw it reads all over ONLINE ONLINE so I took it from that. onliner = onlainari in finnish.
Epsilon
Kuski

My nick

Post by Epsilon »

Why Z-oren?
let's see..
Oren is my real name, and the Z has a long history in my life...
There is not enough place to write it here, and I'm sure Your'e not interested at it...
I know that this nick a bit sucks but I don't really care...
Epsilon | TT : 45:42,82 | Elma Around the World | Smile levpack
bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

well my elma name is McLeod, which is my last name.
i was going to have Bob but twin peaks dude already has it!
but, my nickname bob has been around all of my life, even some of my teachers at school call me bob and not my original name: Kane.
i believe my old man made it up when i was young: bob the slob
(yes, i am a bum)
mcleod
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

ChuckleS wrote:But the capital S is because my real nick is ={ChuckleS}= and for some reason the first and last letters of the nick ar caps...with the exception of ={RoniMoX}= who has completely ruined the whole concept :D
the concept of capitalizing first and last letters, but what makes ronimox an exception?
-
-
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

ChuckleS wrote:But the capital S is because my real nick is ={ChuckleS}=
I see no logic in this.

In my nick A is capital because my real nick is Abula? Ooh, because of that! Now we know. By the way ={ }= is very cool, maybe new trend would be that. ={Abula}=! Nah the new trend is psykahvi, dzhousut, mpkirjahylly as psy told me.

Sorry being mean.
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

No don't be sorry abulakaappikello, must be sharp sometimes to tell what you think. 8)
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i asked about that soap opera...
the name of it is : wild angel
maybe in hungarian it's different
[carebox]
jcl
Donator duck

Post by jcl »

wild angel!=milagros
these are 2 different soap operas!
the weed fan club
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

jcl wrote:wild angel!=milagros
these are 2 different soap operas!
then i haven't ever heard about soap-opera milagros

and in wild angel milagros was played by Natalia Orreiro (maybe it's written different) - heh, i'm quite nice :twisted: - check some web-sites
[carebox]
marty
Kuski

Post by marty »

it's my name.

but that's gay, so i think i'll have to change my name to cuntweed.
eh.
mg
Kuski

Post by mg »

When i went to high school, some ppl who i was pogramming with (demos etc) wanted to give me nick. I liked Nitrogen, the thing in the air. So they thought NitroGenius, cuz why not genius :} My elder brother was their teammate, so i was the little in the familiy, and they called me MicroGenius after.
It seemed to be too long, so i used MGen. Or mgen, caps lock is far away in the keyboard... sometimes mg.

Then i stopped playing for tables (internal etc). I didnt want to use this anymore, not only cuz of this reason... i got to be carc, which nick is covered with mistery. Isnt it? :?
------ %{
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Sorry 'bout me poor exlaination, capital letters first and last, and the rest are supposed to be small.
={AbulA}= looks good though! you should consider...
={DZ}= ={JeppE}=...not too bad!
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

that was quite clear, but why was ronimox the only exception?
-
-
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

'cos its ={RoniMoX}=...capital M when it should really be lower case
Hey! I dont make the rules!...do I?
epp
Kuski

Post by epp »

Deadnight Warrior, ehh...?
I thougth it was because you watched
Evil Dead 1, 2 and Army of Darkness (Great movies!).
The "bad guys" are some kinda undead, and they are
called Deadite or something!
Image ^_^
ZeratuL
Kuski

Post by ZeratuL »

Well..... Let me think.....
:!:
Before I played Elma i always used to play Starcraft. (has anyone here played it?) I always played as these cool aliens, the Protoss. There is a cool Protoss hero named Zeratul. I just thought it was a cool name, so I started using it for everything. And here I am, using it as my Elma nick.

Also...
The uppercase at the end of my name is just there because it looks cool. No special reason.

-Z :?:
w00t