Scene is corrupted?

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

ribot
Not banned

Scene is corrupted?

Post by ribot »

who am i and why? why did i start this thread? i'm tijred, awfly tajertd.
Last edited by ribot on 6 Oct 2002, 04:24, edited 1 time in total.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

ribot wrote:seriously i don't find it serious/professional that one of the leading elasto mania teams take care of the main elasto mania competition the internal WR table.

to put it in meaningful words: i don't trust it.
You have better idea? You don't have most likely because then you would have told it already. And because they aren't anything we could do I ask you stop that repeatable crap about "FM has all WR replays". You can think what you want but you don't have to tell it to everybody everyday.

PeXi isn't in FM so your sentence is a bit wrong. You think I give all WR replays to FM and they hoyl 24/7 trying to get WRs (but with no success it seems)? Also PeXi gives them to kuiva (and also wcup recs), of course? And Csaba gave to all hungarian players, true?

Maybe that kind of behaviour would be your morality. I wouldn't do that because I knew it would ruin the scene. Btw, Finland is the less corrupted country in the world, according to some researches :].
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

a better idea would be to have someone else take care of wr table? or at least pexi could do it alone.

about my point: imagine a champions league game between juventus and real madrid and the referee being from the juventus club. no way that would happen.

this should be more important to u than to me. you're always very serious about el ma, and this is the base of el ma society.

then about your nationalistic remark taken from nothing, i think balacsaba were good updaters since they werent players, and especially since they weren't players in PRA or SC.

and i don't believe in morality, it's politics and the only true use of it is to use other ppl like u do anyway. and i couldnt use it anyway, cos i don't base my acts on something i said a while ago or try to live by some explained ideology just to seem trustable. bleh u don't care about what i think anyway, but u do like to critisize me even with false accusations.
-
-
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

ribot wrote:a better idea would be to have someone else take care of wr table? or at least pexi could do it alone.
Who?
ribot wrote:about my point: imagine a champions league game between juventus and real madrid and the referee being from the juventus club. no way that would happen.
Elma isn't big enough to have this kind of serious official system. And it's not same thing in football compared to Elma. Football referee doesn't have to keep any secrets. Referee can make the other team to win, I couldn't. In the worst scenario I gave all WR recs to FM they still should drive the WRs themselves, that's not easy.
ribot wrote:this should be more important to u than to me. you're always very serious about el ma, and this is the base of el ma society.
It's not hard because I can thrust myself.

I have a solution. Let's publish all WR replays.

Ribot: have you talked with dz about this. Ask him if I showed any WR replays in FEM. Wouldn't it be the same thing if I show replays for my team? Also it's much harder to be quiet about the styles in real life than in irc (I mean it would be more likely I showed WR recs in FEM than in irc to FM). If you call me a liar you also mean Karlis, mr, Jokke and Tisk are too. So many veterans and elma fanatics, pretty unbeliable if we all are lying.

I did show Moposite contest recs, that's not secret and I told that before the meeting at #across. No one (record holder) has complained about this because they get more fame in that way (when 8 professional kuskis are respecting him together).

And before you lose good arguments and say "Abula just tries to hide the truth by typing much text." I can say I just try to stop this crap we have been hearing last weeks in FM.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

abula: one thing has been bothering me sometimes when i read about these things, why do you want to see new wr recs anyway ?
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

i honestly don't think abu or FM either are cheating. why?
1) it's not worth it.
2) it would show.
3) some1 doing so much to keep the elma scene legit isn't likely to be trying to corrupt it at the same time.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

dz wrote:abula: one thing has been bothering me sometimes when i read about these things, why do you want to see new wr recs anyway ?
Strange question, you might mean "why do you see the new wr recs?".

Once I saw one WR rec (somebody sent it me his WR accidently, meant to PeXi I guess, actually his own fault because didn't read the rules) "illegally" the limit was acrossed. Maybe I wouldn't have to watch the replay but it's done now anyway. Think yourself as the same situation. You can call me bad in this context.

Reasons I watch new WRs. Not in any particular order.
1) I'm interested in them. If I had to stop my internal co-operating with my team and playing myself seriously and had possibility therefore to the most interested replays of Elma scene why the hell wouldn't I watch them?
2) I was and am developing and using anti-cheating methods.
3) PeXi sends all new WR mails to me so that I get the state.dats for Records section. There comes the replays too.
4) I started to find all old WR replays to rename them to xxWRyyyn.rec format (xx = level number, yyy = table number, n = first letter of nick) so we can use these to Old WRs replays section on Moposite if the owner doesn't have the rec anymore in his computer.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Antz wrote:i honestly don't think abu or FM either are cheating. why?
1) it's not worth it.
2) it would show.
3) some1 doing so much to keep the elma scene legit isn't likely to be trying to corrupt it at the same time.
To be selfish I don't see any advantage fpr myself if I spread recs to FM. In fact I don't care much who have the WRs. If FM had, let's say, 5 unmoral WRs I don't feel like worth it.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

Abula wrote:
ribot wrote:a better idea would be to have someone else take care of wr table? or at least pexi could do it alone.
Who?
if this would be of interest we could discuss it within the scene.
Abula wrote: And before you lose good arguments and say "Abula just tries to hide the truth by typing much text." I can say I just try to stop this crap we have been hearing last weeks in FM.
haeh ;)
i don't think i really need arguments when yours are:
Abula wrote: In the worst scenario I gave all WR recs to FM they still should drive the WRs themselves, that's not easy.
Abula wrote: If you call me a liar you also mean Karlis, mr, Jokke and Tisk are too. So many veterans and elma fanatics, pretty unbeliable if we all are lying.
then:
Abula wrote: I have a solution. Let's publish all WR replays.
it doesn't seem necessary. i don't think u do cheat, at least not in an obvious way. but what if jokke makes a wr and he shows u it, and u say "hmm. it's ok". what would it mean? that there is another .rec with a better part..? i'm talking about some vague psychological advantage. it's not such a big deal, and that's why it still can be saved (improved).
Abula wrote: Ribot: have you talked with dz about this.
Ask him if I showed any WR replays in FEM. Wouldn't it be the same thing if I show replays for my team? Also it's much harder to be quiet about the styles in real life than in irc (I mean it would be more likely I showed WR recs in FEM than in irc to FM).
there were players in other teams on the finnish meat.
-
-
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Abula wrote: Strange question, you might mean "why do you see the new wr recs?".
nope, i mean why do you want cuz no one forces you to do it. i think you have just got addicted on them :roll:
Abula wrote: Once I saw one WR rec (somebody sent it me his WR accidently, meant to PeXi I guess, actually his own fault because didn't read the rules) "illegally" the limit was acrossed. Maybe I wouldn't have to watch the replay but it's done now anyway. Think yourself as the same situation. You can call me bad in this context.
it's no wonder that happened, amazingly just once(?), but does it mean you have to see the other 53 wr replays as well?

Abula wrote:1) I'm interested in them. If I had to stop my internal co-operating with my team and playing myself seriously and had possibility therefore to the most interested replays of Elma scene why the hell wouldn't I watch them?
if i would stop internals and stop playing seriously, could i see them? oh what the hell, ill quit the whole game and never play it again, now i must have right to see them eh. im very intrested also
Abula wrote: 2) I was and am developing and using anti-cheating methods.
that is the good side of it really, since i can imagine px doesnt really care that much on spending his "valuable" time on checking every rec 99%, and i know you will if it's necessary :)
Abula wrote: 3) PeXi sends all new WR mails to me so that I get the state.dats for Records section. There comes the replays too.
this really isn't a good reason to see internal wr recs ;)
Abula wrote: 4) I started to find all old WR replays to rename them to xxWRyyyn.rec format (xx = level number, yyy = table number, n = first letter of nick) so we can use these to Old WRs replays section on Moposite if the owner doesn't have the rec anymore in his computer.
yeah pritty cool too, but again, not at all good reason to see all wr recs. i mean, im sure we all could do all kind of great things with old wr recs.

im not that much against it as it might seem, im just trying to tell it's imho mainly cuz you have gotten addicted and used to it.
kuiva
Kuski

Post by kuiva »

i've met px and abula several times and i think that they are totally trustworthy dudes..i also know every fm player pretty well and i'm sure that they aren't cheaters.

why should someone else do the wr-updating job when pexi and abula are doing so damn good job? i don't think anyone else could do as reliable and hard-workin job as they.

i don't have anything against abula seeing wr-recs since i believe that he doesn't do anything illegal with them. and it's a nice little salary for the job that he does.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

how important is it that you abula have to see the WRs to prevent cheating?
-
-
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

ribot wrote:but what if jokke makes a wr and he shows u it, and u say "hmm. it's ok". what would it mean? that there is another .rec with a better part..? i'm talking about some vague psychological advantage. it's not such a big deal, and that's why it still can be saved (improved).
Many other people also send me their WR replays before the table update (Tor, DMD, mick etc.) I don't say "you can improve", nor "it's perfect" but just "ok, nice one" which is pretty neutral comment in my opinion. If this is too much I think the updated of WR table can't even talk about Elma.
ribot wrote:there were players in other teams on the finnish meat.
I don't know about you but for me a team is a group of friends. FEM is same but a little bit bigger group. The only thing is wcup I'm doing with FM that doesn't belong to FEM group. I mean if I give any tips to FM I'm 99% sure I would have done that in FEM too.
Last edited by Abula on 6 Oct 2002, 11:00, edited 3 times in total.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

dz wrote:nope, i mean why do you want cuz no one forces you to do it. i think you have just got addicted on them :roll:
Because there isn't anything to lose anymore so what's the problem if I watch them? Of course I enjoy watching them, isn't it pretty obvious?
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

ribot wrote:how important is it that you abula have to see the WRs to prevent cheating?
PeXi check some replay, he found something weird. He sends me the replay and asks me the watch it too. Then I tell my opinion.
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

are there a lot of those? it'd b cool to c recs that were discqualified due to cheatism.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

Abula wrote:
ribot wrote:but what if jokke makes a wr and he shows u it, and u say "hmm. it's ok". what would it mean? that there is another .rec with a better part..? i'm talking about some vague psychological advantage. it's not such a big deal, and that's why it still can be saved (improved).
Many other people also send me their WR replays before the table update (Tor, DMD, mick etc.) I don't say "you can improve", nor "it's perfect" but just "ok, nice one" which is pretty neutral comment in my opinion. If this is too much I think the updated of WR table can't even talk about Elma.
i dont see why you would give a psychological advantage to Tor or DMD...
abula rakka wrote:
I don't know about you but for me a team is a group of friends. FEM is same but a little bit bigger group. The only thing is wcup I'm doing with FM that doesn't belong to FEM group. I mean if I give any tips to FM I'm 99% sure I would have done that in FEM too.
You can't be serious with this argument? That since you didn't show the recs to the ppl on FEM it proves you dont share them in your team?
-
-
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

ribot wrote:
Abula wrote:
i dont see why you would give a psychological advantage to Tor or DMD...
Why to FM then?
ribot wrote:
abula wrote:
You can't be serious with this argument? That since you didn't show the recs to the ppl on FEM it proves you dont share them in your team?
No but most likely I would have done this in FEM too if in FM. As I said it's easier to fail IRL. Just ask dz. In irc before FEM he told he won't bring his replays to the meeting. In FEM he was disapointed because didn't bring the recs (he yelled that about 5 times as fas as I remember) to show and brag with them. Nowadays he must be happy he didn't take the recs to the meeting.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Abula wrote:
dz wrote:nope, i mean why do you want cuz no one forces you to do it. i think you have just got addicted on them :roll:
Because there isn't anything to lose anymore so what's the problem if I watch them?
ok, but i dont get that "anything to lose anymore", if someone sends me one wr rec, what's the difference between you and me?
Abula wrote: Of course I enjoy watching them, isn't it pretty obvious?
that's not the point, of course you enjoy, i would enjoy too, but the point is, [imho] you make up so many reasons why you should see them, only because you dont want to stop seeing them, you are just that much addicted into it.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

Abula wrote:Why to FM then?
cos it's your team. it's likely to happen with ppl u like to, the more u want them to do well the more u unconsciously help.
abula wrote: No but most likely I would have done this in FEM too if in FM. As I said it's easier to fail IRL. Just ask dz. In irc before FEM he told he won't bring his replays to the meeting. In FEM he was disapointed because didn't bring the recs (he yelled that about 5 times as fas as I remember) to show and brag with them. Nowadays he must be happy he didn't take the recs to the meeting.
i don't see why you most likely would have shown it in FEM too. if u would share the recs to fm you would want it to be secret.
-
-
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

dz wrote:
Abula wrote:
Because there isn't anything to lose anymore so what's the problem if I watch them?
ok, but i dont get that "anything to lose anymore", if someone sends me one wr rec, what's the difference between you and me?
Difference: you don't have possibility to get all of them.
dz wrote:
Abula wrote: Of course I enjoy watching them, isn't it pretty obvious?
that's not the point, of course you enjoy, i would enjoy too, but the point is, [imho] you make up so many reasons why you should see them, only because you dont want to stop seeing them, you are just that much addicted into it.
Isn't it good that there are some semigood reasons at least? Just tell me why wouldn't I watch them.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

ribot wrote:i don't see why you most likely would have shown it in FEM too. if u would share the recs to fm you would want it to be secret.
What's the defination of secret? If five guys know about it, it's secret but if nine then it's not?
GodFather
Kuski

Hold On Children....

Post by GodFather »

I Think Abula Is Right. Why Are You Guys Fighting. OK Let's See. If Abula And PX Stops Updating The WR List Then Who Would Do It Then. Some Unown Guy Next Door? NO! The WR list Updater Should Be An Elmaniac Like Abula Who Enjoys Watching Those Recs And Makes Good Work With The Table. So Children Stop This Madness And Hoyl Up!!!! Goddamn :evil:
"... And you will now my name is the LORD when I lay my fingaz upon thee"
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

I'd offer to update it, but to be completely honest, I'd be the worst guy to choose. I'd get bored and annoyed with all the stress that comes with it, Abula and Pexi are doing a great job and I dont know who could take over and be as good
Whats that on my tongue?
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

Abula wrote:
ribot wrote:i don't see why you most likely would have shown it in FEM too. if u would share the recs to fm you would want it to be secret.
What's the defination of secret? If five guys know about it, it's secret but if nine then it's not?
well i bet dz wouldnt tell REM if u gave the WRs to your team. he would just let you cheat, at least if you look at his posts u'd think so, no?
-
-
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

looks like someone is pushed to corner..

Hope no1 lose their mind
GodFather
Kuski

Abula is our saviorrrrrr....

Post by GodFather »

You guys whine and whine about the WRs. Why? Abula has done an awful lots of things for you! Stop picking on him and make fun of God or sumthing! (not me ofcourse :wink: )
"... And you will now my name is the LORD when I lay my fingaz upon thee"
Mick
Kuski

hi

Post by Mick »

[22:09:02] <mr_school> what do You think about discussion about moposite,abula,px,wr-list etc going on mopolauta?
[22:09:15] <Mick0r> i trust abu
[22:09:20] <Mick0r> he wouldn't
[22:09:31] <Mick0r> it would ruin the scene if he sent wr recs
[22:10:09] <Mick0r> and considering the amount of work he has put into moposite. i dont think he wants that
[22:10:09] <kuiva> mr, no reason to talk about that...things are good as they are
[22:10:11] <mr_school> I think it's disgusting..
[22:10:27] <mr_school> Abula makes so much work with moposite..
[22:11:48] * NostSova is now known as Nostrada
[22:12:21] <Nostrada> 10h sleep! YAAAAAAAAAWN
[22:13:30] <kuiva> write those things to lauta if u already havent done that
[22:13:34] <mr_school> people should be thankful for abu&px for great job they do
[22:14:01] <Mick0r> ok, i will

ps: stop making trouble dz and rq!! be good boys
team EM - why not ok?
EML
Kuski

Post by EML »

HOHO, spending lots of time allows corruption? It's not that someone thinks they do a bad job or anything, it's all about the possibility for corruption in the scene, and that risk is quite big... And i don't say that it is happening, i just say i wouldn't be chocked if someone had gotten replays the wrong way. It's a lot of n00b HaxX0rZ in the elma-scene, and they will even try to hack you for your replays. I don't think there is a bigger morality amongst the majority of the players when it comes to this stuff. If they get a replay they will watch it, even if they know it was stolen from the driver.

EML - Kuski of Dreams
-I'm Jesus. Be Jesus like me. Religion is Poison.-

Ultimate Power - EML