reality failures

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

rad
Kuski

reality failures

Post by rad »

Are there some general things that you find annoying about the world, that you have no power over and that you think should be different?

I'll start with 2 that I can think of right now:
  • The past tense of show. It so should have been shew. Showed sounds totally wrong and gay. I shew him the pictures. Yay.
  • Cloud not bullying younger kuskis. The scene lacks such person and he is a guru player who fits just perfectly. I tried giving him hints at IRC but no, he is just too nice and polite, he won't bully anyone. Bummer.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

- Human mind cant understand and handle knowledge of philosophic stuff like black holes, life etc etc. I would really like to know the truth :P
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

you can't understand black holes and quantum stuff :?: 8O you're weird.

if i could change something, i'd change it so every time someone writes your instead of you're, a divine lightning would strike them dead (and fix the spelling while at it)
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

• French existing. That language should've died long time ago. I wish that I could just twitch my eyes and then France would sink into earth.
  • Time. I wish I just had this week more time tp spend! :cry:
Revolt
Kuski

Post by Revolt »

the words lose and loose, ALWAYS i see people saying i loose something, its LOSE!!!! really annoying to see it on something lke a government ad etc. when you would think that they know how to spell!
hi
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Antz wrote:you can't understand black holes and quantum stuff :?: 8O you're weird.
I would love it if this ignorance disappeard!

(please no comments on my spelling)
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
psteve
Kuski

Post by psteve »

F@*! i HATE how you have to give a credit card number WHEN YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING. MAX MAD RIGHT NOW. Stupid er...ebay...
I am a Flying Spaghetti Monsterian. My God has noodly appendage. The reduction in pirates is the cause of global warming.
rad
Kuski

Post by rad »

• Not having information at disposal even though it is basically freely available.
    One example is I went to a cemetery the other day and with nothing better to do, I was checking out the death dates. Sure enough most of them were some october/december etc, like you would expect. I thought how nice it would be to see the actual statistics, but there were none! Grrr.
Maybe that looks like it breaks one of the topic rules where I say 'things you have no power over', because surely i could go and collect the dates myself, well the point is I can't go and do it every time, the cemetery was just an example.
Last edited by rad on 28 Dec 2004, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
Napoleon
Kuski

Post by Napoleon »

Black holes are pure fiction.
Scientists have just made this up, so people think they actually are working on something, and that they are not just lazy bastards.
Don't believe in things like black holes.
What should that be in it, an other world, or some endless fall? shatefack ap stupid scientists.
Dynamo
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by Dynamo »

blackholes are objects which have immense gravitional pull and are from old stars which have imploded in upon themselves...nat fake napol
Total Time: 38:35,14
Napoleon
Kuski

Post by Napoleon »

Bla bla bla, sach not proven its true.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

• Not having the ability to keep my room tidy
  • Not being able do do some impsy chords on guitar
  • Not snowing. Why doesn't it snow? Why? I want snow! :x
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Napoleon wrote:Black holes are pure fiction.
Scientists have just made this up, so people think they actually are working on something, and that they are not just lazy bastards.
Don't believe in things like black holes.
What should that be in it, an other world, or some endless fall? shatefack ap stupid scientists.
Human mind... (read my previous post) :P
Phillip
Kuski
Team: TP

Post by Phillip »

There is nothing mysterious about black holes, it's just a gathering of materia so dense that the escape velocity is larger than the speed of light.

1. Do you believe that the speed of light is invariant? (Go measure it yourself and that's what you'll find)
2. Do you believe that gravity effects light? (Go measure it, then you'll find that light bends around the sun and stuff like that)

If you believe in 1 and 2, then you can safely believe that black holes CAN exist, but it doesn's mean they DO exist.

One last comment: Just saying you don't believe in black wholes because it sounds too weird is just too stupid. The more physics you know, the less weird they are (or are they?). It's just as if I should say, naah, I don't believe the earth is round and flying around in circles in space, that's just too weird. Or, naah, I don't believe in the small particles they call electrons, and that they circle around in magnetic fields. Stuff can't be that small, can it? And naah, I don't believe in the wave/particle-duality of materia, that's just too weird.

I have no idea whether black wholes exist, but ruling them out just because you think what you have heard sounds strange is just ridiculous.
psteve
Kuski

Post by psteve »

hmmm yeah it's a reality failure that people tend to 'go against' what they are afraid of and/or cant explain, like how all those pythagoras society people got murdered because they were dealing with imperfect numbers etc, and other non mathematical/physical stuff like the witch hunt in salem, that was pretty bad.
I am a Flying Spaghetti Monsterian. My God has noodly appendage. The reduction in pirates is the cause of global warming.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

pisses me off that we can't have stuff like in the Matrix... where knowledge can be downloaded into the brain. think how useful would be for exams and sach. all policemen could know all laws, all humans could know all rights, we could speak with people from any language. not saying that intelligence could be downloaded, just knowledge.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
ELMA PRO
Banned

Post by ELMA PRO »

sierra wrote:not saying that intelligence could be downloaded, just knowledge.
if you had perfect knowledge, intelligence wouldnt really be an issue would it? except for creativity etc to make new knowledge, everyone would understand everything (or whatever perfect knowledge they possessed) perfectly, and would be able to make perfect decisions

also: - everyone would probably speak one language if knowledge could be transferred
- you wouldnt have exams
- if everyone knew human rights etc, then they would follow same thought processes relating to human rights...so police would probably be unnecessary
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

the Matrix has us
ALL.
39:37,91
SpeaK
Kuski

Post by SpeaK »

ELMA PRO wrote: - if everyone knew human rights etc, then they would follow same thought processes relating to human rights...so police would probably be unnecessary
You think for example Bush doesn't know the human rights?
Knowing them doesn't stop him from killing thousands of people.
ELMA PRO
Banned

Post by ELMA PRO »

SpeaK wrote:
ELMA PRO wrote: - if everyone knew human rights etc, then they would follow same thought processes relating to human rights...so police would probably be unnecessary
he doesnt have perfect knowledge of human rights, because he believes his cause is just (which it isnt). if he could consider all possible options and view situation from all different viewpoints, then he wouldnt have done any of his wak ass shiat.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

ELMA PRO wrote:
SpeaK wrote:
he doesnt have perfect knowledge of human rights, because he believes his cause is just (which it isnt). if he could consider all possible options and view situation from all different viewpoints, then he wouldnt have done any of his wak ass shiat.
Are you saying that there is no such thing as a man knowing the consequences of his actions and still does it because of own winnings(not saying that bush is the evil retarded bastard he really is).
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Pertti
Kuski

Post by Pertti »

ELMA PRO wrote:
sierra wrote:not saying that intelligence could be downloaded, just knowledge.
if you had perfect knowledge, intelligence wouldnt really be an issue would it? except for creativity etc to make new knowledge, everyone would understand everything (or whatever perfect knowledge they possessed) perfectly, and would be able to make perfect decisions

also: - everyone would probably speak one language if knowledge could be transferred
- you wouldnt have exams
- if everyone knew human rights etc, then they would follow same thought processes relating to human rights...so police would probably be unnecessary
how about this: it was only you who could download knownledge?
http://www.petitiononline.com/0815/petition.html
In the name of our ancestors, sign it damnit!
Or do you want to let teh untermensch rule our life?
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

I dont know if this really belongs here but I came to think about this...
:arrow: What's the clock at the exact point in north/southpole where the timezonelines cross each other? does the time stand still? :roll:
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

If you fly around earth faster than light do you get in the past or future?
39:37,91
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

8-ball wrote:If you fly around earth faster than light do you get in the past or future?
Should be future I guess..if anything.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

You can't go faster than light.
I say that, and I bet this will happen:

jaytea: nao taht's noat trü yuo stoopid blablabla theory bla bla bla bla etc. etc. this bla bla that et.c vice versa... lalala bla bla einstein bla bla bla et et et cetera cetera bla bla yadda yadda relativity etc etc bla bla mass bla bla light etc etc black holes etc etc.

onlainari: nao taht's noat trü yuo stoopid blablabla theory bla bla bla bla etc. etc. this bla bla that et.c vice versa... lalala bla bla einstein bla bla bla et et et cetera cetera bla bla yadda yadda relativity etc etc bla bla mass bla bla light etc etc black holes etc etc.

ribot: nao taht's noat trü yuo stoopid blablabla theory bla bla bla bla etc. etc. this bla bla that et.c vice versa... lalala bla bla einstein bla bla bla et et et cetera cetera bla bla yadda yadda relativity etc etc bla bla mass bla bla light etc etc black holes etc etc.

sierra: nao taht's noat trü yuo stoopid blablabla theory bla bla bla bla etc. etc. this bla bla that et.c vice versa... lalala bla bla einstein bla bla bla et et et cetera cetera bla bla yadda yadda relativity etc etc bla bla mass bla bla light etc etc black holes etc etc.

another guy: nao taht's noat trü yuo stoopid blablabla theory bla bla bla bla etc. etc. this bla bla that et.c vice versa... lalala bla bla einstein bla bla bla et et et cetera cetera bla bla yadda yadda relativity etc etc bla bla mass bla bla light etc etc black holes etc etc.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

tijsjoris I guess both 8-ball and SveinR knows that but its fun to have these mindtricks in this thread.
BTW feel free too post your own thoughts about my prev post :*
Napoleon
Kuski

Post by Napoleon »

Hahaha tijsjoris that post made me laugh.

And John, i really dont know, its a weird thought.
I wish something could be proven in that case.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Well, napo, it was an attempt to show the casual weirdness that shows up when one says a simple line, it concludes in an extravaganza discussion..

btw, john, I guess they just use GMT time there.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

When you come closer to the speed off light, time slow down... So if you go faster then light, you should go backwards.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
psteve
Kuski

Post by psteve »

einstein never said or proved that something could not travel at the speed of light or faster.
he theorised that nothing could accelerate to the speed of light or faster.

so if it was possible to travel faster than the speed of light using black hole physics, i imagine that time would hardly be affected. space would be curved and you would be able to reach the far away destination without accelerating to anywhere near the speed of light.

the idea of time going backwards was brought about by an incompletion of the special theory of relativity, but this was fixed in the general theory of relativity which took into account accelerating bodies of mass. time cannot go backwards.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

O yes, now we're going into the real reality failures and urban legends...
psteve
Kuski

Post by psteve »

lol sach x-file
mongojappe wrote:had nasa spacesuits on so magnetic shield didnt affect them
impsy
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

This ain't a reality failure, but a Jappe disfunction... :twisted:
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

omgaad jappe you one of the survivors?!!?!2§1

:arrow: i wish i had better self control.