mopolauta trash

Everything about Moposite. Wishes for new sections / updates etc. Please tell all bugs, errors you've found. Help us.

Moderator: Moporators

ribot
Not banned

mopolauta trash

Post by ribot »

just an idea to you narrow minded mods: are this:
how about a trash section? this concept is used in professional forums. the trash idea is that whenever a post isnt good enough for your ideas, instead of you locking it and it being there annoyingly in a forum for discussion, you move it to trash, where ppl can talk about such things that they want, or being mongo.

they use this in www.sciforums.com, the bottom one. you can't post in the trash section, but they put posts there that arent good enough for their excellent standars. it doesnt mean they allow everything, just that some more doubtful posts are allowed. and serious ppl neednt go there, but could be warned that this forum doesnt contain what you consider normal. and that is whatever you understand boys.

as this is a good idea you will probably not like it. maybe you will talk about in finnish and mutter a bit. abula posts this link in dz at irc, dz just says *mumble*. sveinr then replies with his predictable attitude, that he doesnt need it. it's all part of life honeyz.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

hahhahah man, very nice final paragraph
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
SveinR
Moporator

Re: mopolauta trash

Post by SveinR »

ribot wrote: you move it to trash, where ppl can talk about such things that they want, or being mongo.

they use this in www.sciforums.com, the bottom one. you can't post in the trash section, but they put posts there that arent good enough for their excellent standars.
Ah well.

It's not always locked threads have anything to do with trash-talking though, in fact seldom. So at least I find it better then that they are in their proper forum sections. But maybe this could be an idea in some cases. Though the Testing forum is kinda filled with trash though, as I guess you wouldn't disagree to either :P
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Actually we have been talking about this kind of forum. Cemetery of locked topics. Maybe they could be unlocked there.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Only one topic is valuable in Testing...Click Clock Cluck. the rest is already some trash forum.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

..and that is not related to testing.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

ye well abula seemed to understand what i meant. sveinr on other hand tried not to sound as i said he would, but still did.tijsjoris, with all his intellectual capacity, didn't get it at all. and kopaka wasnt related to anything, but still it is allowed to be off topic when saying things are off topic..
-
-
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I just think that you could evolve this idea into the current system. Post which aren't qualified as proper/any other value you want, would be send to Testing.

Or am I still on the wrong way here?
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

I thought that too, but it is not that good. Testing posts aren't interesting at all mostly, whereas trash posts are.
-
-
Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

Ye ribot has a good point, delete crap posts and put them in a trash section. (where hopefully people can't post)

great idea, never thought about something like this. maybe get me posting more frequently.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I think I finally understood the idea fully. Abula, you might think about this.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Mopolauta software doesn't support post moving. Only splitting a topic and moving topics are possible to do.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Abula wrote:Mopolauta software doesn't support post moving. Only splitting a topic and moving topics are possible to do.
You can select to split a single post from a topic.
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

it's about topics not posts..
-
-
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

zworqy wrote:
Abula wrote:Mopolauta software doesn't support post moving. Only splitting a topic and moving topics are possible to do.
You can select to split a single post from a topic.
...but you can't split it to another topic. You would have to make a new topic for the one plitted post. That's why it's quite sensless and not much used.