Who lies?

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Ramone
50mins club

Who lies?

Post by Ramone »

BarTek wrote:u fucking pancyz....if i get a wr then i would put out on the wr table to show everybody i dont care about rec spreading....

-remember what i said here-
of course I remembered :wink:
I knew it could be useful :D

So, now BarTek did wr on New Wave Across, and of course I asked for it... he gave it to me?
No.

<ramone> congrats bartek to wr
<ramone> :)
<ramone> can I see rec
<BarTek--> sorry ramone..i sid elma wr..cuz i used pajens style..so i could have showened it...but i have TOTALLY dif style on across..strange ?

a bit later... when I showed him his exact words (and he realised he Never said Elma wr) he tried to defence himself with...
<BarTek--> across wr = not worthy to be called wr anyway..

conclusion: He never planned to give away any future wr replays. He just wanted to sound cool and Name others as "fucking pancyz" (BarTeks own words).

or, am I wrong?

I dont think every replay should be public... I am against that.. but if you say things like this I think it is very Lame not to show rec later... is the spoken (even written) word worth nothing?

I´d be glad to hear BarTeks reply and of course other ppls views to.

:D
Elasto Mania - ez better
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Didn't we talk this at #across already? Anyway BarTek meant only the official Elma New Wave internal level world record in single mode with same style as pajen used. He wrote "a wr" instead of "the wr" which was a mistake.

And for me WR is World Record, the best time that is driven to Elma or Across in single or multi mode to the internal level to the official lists (on Moposite). Other people may call OLP WRs etc. but for me WR is only those.
Last edited by Abula on 27 Oct 2002, 23:52, edited 1 time in total.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

he clearly means getting a wr, not any specific
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

dz wrote:he clearly means getting a wr, not any specific
So is it lying if you mistype? Well of course he can lie that he mistyped it.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Abula wrote: And for me WR is World Record, the best time that is driven to Elma or Across in single or multi mode to the internal levels to the official lists (on Moposite). Other people may call OLP WRs etc. but for me WR is only those.
ur rite, that is for u. for me, wr means exactly what it literally means, a world record. if i have best time in teh world on alp06, i read it as worlds' best time, a world record.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Abula wrote:And for me WR is World Record, the best time that is driven to Elma or Across in single or multi mode to the internal level to the official lists (on Moposite). Other people may call OLP WRs etc. but for me WR is only those.
Totally agree, I have even heard ppl call Lost records for wrs... and that is strange I think...
Elasto Mania - ez better
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Abula wrote:
dz wrote:he clearly means getting a wr, not any specific
So is it lying if you mistype? Well of course he can lie that he mistyped it.
how do u know he misspelled ? question mark not really needed, answering correctly is impossible anyway
kuiva
Kuski

Post by kuiva »

well i totally agree with dz on this 'what r wrs' -thingie...

why wouldn't external best times be wrs? ..in case that someone keeps up a table or list of the records of those tracks.

best time on a track in the world....world's best time on the track...record in the world...world record
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

My decission about WR meaning only internal levels isn't logical, I admit. But I decided to do it in that way because most people think WR is meant only for those the most glorious records. There must be some value to say "I got a WR!"
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

i know what you mean :) it HAS something special in it to say "i got wr!", depends on person and his relation to internals. external guy says wr on levs he plays, if it's not internals, it doesnt stop him :)

im kinda neutral on this matter, it doesnt bother me to call externals as wrs, its kinda.. cool :)
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Abula.. there is logic in your decision. You have to have rules... Lets say I do different stuuf all day... like eating a sandwich in 5 seconds... I can´t really call it a WR... right.. Someone says to me: But someone coul dhave done it faster. So, shall I reply: I made this bread myself.. no one could have aten it faster. :?:

That is just dumb (I think)

If I make an external level and make a time. is it then wr? no.. Is it because there is a table for it? How coul dit.. lets say I make a table for my lev... but don tsho wit to anyone? is it then wr?

And as Abu said.
There must be some value to the term "wr"...
Elasto Mania - ez better
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

how could he possibly mean "the wr" without telling which? would he write "remember this" in orange and not even check what he wrote in his post?

my humble conclusion: he talks a lot of crap to seem cool. he also says i do this and it's not strange to project yourself on ohters.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

this topic has unoffically gone offtopic, and this reply is not helping it to get back on its trail yet.. and now back to topic

didn't bartek give some of his el ma new wave rec to moposite ? i think it was pritty close to wr.. if he doesnt want to share across rec cuz there r secret pajen styles.. there has to be something new.. well whatever it is, i dont mind that much, i have current wr rec anyway :D
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

i dont see how it matters what a WR means... bartek claims to not care about rec spreading, so it should matter less if it's an external WR. then he claims an across WR is totally worthless as a reason not to spread it, that's bullshit logic. and then why not call internal WR just what they are: internal WR? if you're an elasto mania player you know the importance of internals, it's a part of the sport.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
kuiva
Kuski

Post by kuiva »

to ramone & abula
the value of the term wr depends on the track. of course it means more to get an internal wr than wr in some tisks095.lev...how does externals havin wr's reduce the value of internal wr?

and ramone u talked about your own lev which no one else has played and u have the best time on it...yes i think your time is wr...of course it is...it's the best time in the world..

i don't think that any1 will seriously yell in irc that "I GOTS A WR"...if they have done it in some karli-contest56....but they might say "i got a wr in karli-contest56"...everyone knows that if u come and say u made a wr everyone presumes it's in internal lev.
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

but yu had a wr on across ?

and just what ribot said....the purpose of your sentence tells us that yu dont care about rec spreading , but instead it looks like yu are just opposite, cant even share your old across wr now ? or some other recs ? can yu share dem ? :)
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

uuuuuhh :)) i try stop it but theres a monkey living inside the lauta