Feedback to #across operators

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Well, bartek, is it fair that famous guys get away with it?
And on top of that, it's not that I would like to understand what you are brabbling. My only concern is how inconsequent the rules are used:
Only english allowed. Finnish by olliz = ban. Swedish by cool people = ignore.
Don't come with the excuse for acrossish. It's only a twist of english spelling, not even a different language. Are different spellings disallowed? No.

When talking about wrong spelling, I guess we should take a look at another wise rule in #across: To use common sense.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

i thought they had elma.fi elma.se elma.hu elma.noob etc for a reason

like often teh excuse they use is "ooh such can't explain in Eng" "some things can only be said in swe" etc so just do in other channels. unless they get some kind of strange brag feel from talking in Fin when they know others won't understand
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

sierra wrote:often teh excuse they use is "ooh such can't explain in Eng" "some things can only be said in swe" etc so just do in other channels.
Yeah, and also private chat is invented, use it if it's so important.

I don't want this to sound like people are dictators when they act strictly with this, I just want equality to happen. And for those who gets a 'horrible!1' punishment being kicked, try to understand this damnit. You are not being hated, you are just being treated equally among the rules. Please follow the rules, they are made so that things like this wont happen.

If you notice somebody breaking rules being ignored, throw a reply here and we can complain about it to the one ignoring.
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

dz wrote:Yeah, and also private chat is invented, use it if it's so important.
Then no one would ever say anything in #across, which might be a step in the right direction.
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

I'm with milagros he is 100% right!
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

milagros wrote:why the fuck do you care about udes languages?
So you don't care about flashing ads while browsing around web? Popups that distract you from the thing you're doing? It's pretty much the same thing with languages you don't understand.

If you let people speak any language they want then there would be even less conversation to take part to. There's too little already.

I know it's fun once and a while to throw a line or two in ones own language for example to the one speaking same language. In my opinion it's a bit better still to have it english only, but I'm not that firm about it. Not too long ago I hoped the channel could be multi language.
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Luther »

Well seems to work now, because I get banned every time someone else ask me a question in my own language and I answer with one swedish word. I suggest that everyone that uses any of those words should be banned:

har
mongo
ö
fitta
kuk
edit: bög as well

or any other swedish words related to acrossish.

There's some form of Zero Tolerance going on in #across, and maybe it's because some of the fins (no offence or whatever) so badly want to improve their english, I don't know. But it's really really annoying I'm just saying it.

Should it be like this:

<ramone> hej nice wr
<zamppe> ban
<sierra> BANBANBANBANBAN
<teh_mila> OMG banez
<LutherICE> tja thx
*skint0r sets GET TEH FACK +B ramone, luth

I wonder.

Ahhh yeah right, languages like finnish is of course okay to utter once in a while, though swedish na na na, ban.

I go make some coffee to calm down. (And sorry terb0 for personal attack, didn't mean that, I just became angry).
Nekit for president
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i would get ban for that 'omg banez' message too:)
[carebox]
Olliz
Kuski

Post by Olliz »

Luther, welcome to my world now, I almoust feel sorry for you now :roll:

I think the channel goes bajs with this kinda zero tolerance still.. Hence the spirit of the "nazi-style"
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

since when "mongo" is a swedish word?
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Lukazz wrote:since when "mongo" is a swedish word?
<random noob does random answear to other random noob>
i dunno for how long, but it is
</random noob does random answear to other random noob>
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I don't mind that we're going to stress this a little. It was about time. And olliz, first you come to complain about the inequality and now you feel pity for those who undergo the same treatment as you?
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Ok, first you are saying "why only olliz gets bannad and swedes can live free" and then it's opposite "of course Finnish is tolerated but when there is a line in swe it's a straight ban". Try to decide and then we can reply:

It's not like moderators are watching #across 24/7. Or that we are motivated enough all the time to kick/ban people who do wrong things. Maybe we have kicked more Fin/Swe guys, to bad. This doesn't mean that we accept more Finnish than Swedish (or vice versa, you name it). Personally I would like to see swe more because I have one swe course left in university and Finnish I can speak in #elma.fi (yes, it's invited only). But that's just me.

Some people speak non-English on purpose, just to show they can break rules and thereby be cool. That's what I think. Non-English languages are allowed in extreme situations and that means (to me) situations when you are not able to express yourself in English (not including Luther's poems).

In the past Finnish conversations were the main problem. Other people were whining because they didn't understand our conversations. Then came this new rule and Finnish was gone (except some single monologies by Olliz or onla). I thought people would be happy but no.

So you think the rule should be removed? It was better in the past? Or that some non-English languages are allowed except in long conversations? What is long?

What I remember it was users who wanted this rule. I don't believe it was created because of some Finnish moderators wanted to learn English.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
dunedan
Kuski

Post by dunedan »

Seriously I'm getting so damn annoyed on those (no names) who gets warning after warning and still speaks wrong language and when at last the kick comes they go like "oh cmon" or "you gotta kidding me" and go cry in some corner.

Respest the rules. As easy as that.
//dun
43 mins
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

if swedish is getten rid of completely, you are getting rid of some of the heart off #across. it just wont be the same.
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

how hard can it be to keep the talk in english so everyone understands.... not very so STFU and cry and whine somewhere else...
Proud Member Of RDK
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Karlis sucks
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

zworqy wrote:Karlis sucks
Why? I really missed random kicks. Pity that I wasn't chosen to get the astronomously high honor. :(
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

tijsjoris wrote:
Why? I really missed random kicks. Pity that I wasn't chosen to get the astronomously high honor. :(
funny sarkasm
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

aww go easy on karlis, it's all in fun! :wink:
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

jaytea i'm severely disappointed with the normality of your posts
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

thanks for this very creative feedback
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
KD
Kuski

Post by KD »

Abu: "Non-English languages are allowed in extreme situations and that means (to me) situations when you are not able to express yourself in English" i got kicked for this today, it is ridiculous. On the other hand i got banned for "autojoin", i honestly don't know why. :(
What is the difference between the acrossish spoken by others and the one by me?
Thinking is not entertainment but an obligation! - Strugatsky bros
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Autojoin has been banned from #across ages ago.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

I don't really remember the words which KD used but they were used only to annoy operators.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)