IMDB votelists

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Re: IMDB votelists

Post by John »

Falling Down - 8/10
Ghosts of the Abyss - 7/10
Papillon - 7/10
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

A-team - 6/10
Weak 6

The Blind Side - 8/10
Weak 8
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Ok, it's finally over. I attempted a mission I came up with yesterday. I entered #across and asked igge for a new max series that is max. Unfortunately, igge was asleep after whole night of sitting in front of the computer but

Code: Select all

<kd_ie>  arrested development
helped me a lot. So I made my first step towards understanding the fun of staring at the screen with earphones installed and poker face being broken by smile/laugh occasionally.

At first I had problems with finding it, because noone in my dorm has got it on their comp and i can't use p2p either. But after some time i found it on some warez forum in rapidshare links (somehow they were up to date).

So, after some hour I have become a proud season 1 episode 1 owner. I informed the greatest watcher about my plan and his comment,

<John-> lol
motivated me even more. After brief look at what the length of the episode actually is, I knew 28:34 would be a tough task. Nevertheless, I was telepathically supported by igge and Jappe2 who crossed their fingers as I asked them for help for my victory.

Beforewards I as asked Wikipedia what she thinks about it, as she claimed it's a sitcom I was totally screwed thinking they'd sit on a sofa and that idiot laugh would turn up from nowhere every funny-try is finished. As I turned on the player I was positively surprised, because the action happened everywhere and I wasn't supposed to laugh at the very moments. Then I had a single break-through at 3:51, I was depressed that I have to watch-and-wait until something funny happens and then I could officially smile. I just minimized the application and raised a thought on what I'm actually doing. Then I felt into laughter after having imagined how funny I must have looked glaring at the screen without any move and just smiling.

After some more stops I managed to finish watching within 1,5 hour, sometimes catching myself on not thinking what's going on in the series, so I had to rewind it and be more focused. After all I had some fun, but I somehow feel disturbed at the same time. Now I'm in two minds, don't really know if I should bother downloading next episodes to have more "fun" or just to stay with the thought that "ok, it's pretty fun i guess" but I don't really orka.

Please help me to decide, maybe I just have to warm up more since it was my first attempt on TV in like 2 years. What do YOU think?

on topic: 5 maybe 6 or 7:s / 10
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

My name is wrong and the quote is from another part of the log, nice. Seems like you didn't totally dislike it though. Maybe you have a few genes of nerdiness in you after all :o
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Oh ye, sorry John you actually lolled on something like "I'll become a John one day". And it was

<epp>
who told me about this series.

<kd_ie>
just approved. The problem is I never log in irc.
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Arrested Development is the best comedy show ever, keep on watching!
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Just stream it of the internet. surfthechannel.com for instance collects endless urls.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Un prophète - 7/10
Good, but too long. 900th vote...
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

The Book of Eli (2010) - 8/10
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The Ghost Writer - 6/10
Pretty suspenseful but it didn't grab me totally.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Grand Theft Auto - 2/10
23 year old Ron Howard put this crap together with his father. Pretty crap.. ye... :/

Taken - 8/10
Strong 8. Fast-paced popcorn action flick. I went into this expecting exactly that. Liam Neeson was great.
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Hot Tub Time Machine (2010) - 6/10
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010) : 7/10
I went to see this movie about a week ago without any expectations because, after all, it's a movie based on a videogame so it can't be that good, can it? Well, the fucker kinda blew me away. The film is nothing complicated nor pretentious and this might be why i liked the movie so much, it doesn't try to be something it isn't. There are great action scenes, good special effects and some beautiful imagery. I haven't really played the games so i cannot say how truthful it was to the game but it sure borrowed some elements from Assassin's Creed. Overall, great pop-corn movie to see with friends at the theater.

Black Dynamite (2009) : 8/10
Now this is what i call a funny flick! Goddamn that movie was crazy, filled with awesome one-liners, hilarious dialogues, groovy 70s music, kung-fu, violence, big breasts, comedy, etc. This movie was just a whole lotta fun and i have to sugest it to anyone with a sense of humor. (Watch the trailer and you should know if you'll like it)
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The_BoneLESS wrote:I haven't really played the games so i cannot say how truthful it was to the game but it sure borrowed some elements from Assassin's Creed.
Which in turn got the whole parkour concept from PoP series :)

But I have to agree. It is a pretty good movie despite being based on a game. Nothing like Uwe Boll's division at least :P
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

just have watched The Boondock Saints, fucking awesome movie! worth watching for everyone, really, so damn funny! :D
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

I Love You, Man - 7/10
Insanely funny most of the time. Almost put an 8, but some jokes are repeated until they aren't funny anymore. Still surprised, thought it would be a shit movie.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Watched a documentary called Graffiti Limbo but couldn't find it on IMDb so I rated one of my other graff documentaries instead.

Piece by Piece - 6/10 :P
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Invictus - 6/10
Weird movie. First of all it didn't feel like 2h 06m at all, time flew by somehow. Second of all, despite the 2h playtime it felt like it was only scratching the surface or was rushed or something. Third of all(?), the final came out of nowhere imo. Fourth of all(?) the credits came out of nowhere. I may not have been the most observant viewer, I actually fell asleep for 5 mins after 40 mins and had to rewind, stayed awake without problems after that tho. Too much decency, everyone was so nice and noble (typical for Eastwood movies?), it became tiresome. Had some problems hearing what they were saying due to accent (which btw changed as the movie progressed). Weird...
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Kung Fu Hustle (2004): 8/10
I had seen this movie about 5 years ago with a couple of friends and all i remembered from it was that we repeatedly see a man's ass and that there is a very weird Shining reference. I got to watch the movie again, alone this time, and i have to admit that this shit was crazy man! Seriously, great introduction, super stylized combats, interesting/funny characters... i was very pleased with this movie.

Dude, Where's My Car? (2000): 7/10
Haven't seen The Hangover (i know, i know, i've gotta see it) but from what i've heard about it, the general idea is the same. Some guys wake up after having partied too hard and try to figure out what happened the night before. The movie doesn't pretend, nor does it even try, to take itself seriously and God does it make a funny movie. Both main characters are pure and simple idiots, but in a very 90s kinda way, therefore they are very likeable. Don't buy it but if you can catch it on tv, sure is some "quality" entertainment!
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Eclipse - 2/10
Holy fu**in sh*t, this sucked donkey c*ck.
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1325004/

4.1/10? owned.

Toy Story 2 - 9/10

Had watched it in theaters back in, what, 1999? (Wow, I was young :P) and obviously fell in love with Jessie. Watched it in English with my brother on YouTube and it seriously rocks. This movie is so funny and the dialogues are so well made, like the pig bank saying they could be disguised as a lunch, like a ham sandwich (himself) with fries (Mr. Potato Head) and sausage (Slinky dog) and then, the dumb dinosaur is the toy coming with it :D:D But I meant also more touching moments that, even if they are related to toys and please kids and stuff, succeed in reaching you. It was very entertaining and I want to go see the third one.
:mrhat:
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The Breakfast Club (1985) - 8/10
Very nice 80's movie. I liked the mood and the character development.

Killers (2010) - 4/10
Not bad, but I won't see it again. One time is definitely enough. Semifunny at times, never lolfunny.

So boring votes. 0.x away from IMDb ratings :/ But my votes are sincere.
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Toy Story 3 - 9/10

It was soooooo good. Would have rated it 10/10 but it lacked a tiny bit of humour, and jokes that only grownups understand. I was waiting for more of it :/
Lasts 1h48 but it felt longer, in a good way. At some point, I felt like "Cool, this movie is still going on". My two minor downsides are the horse sounding like a dog (I mean, wtf, this was just ugly stupid) and
spoiler wrote:Jessie with Buzz just doesn't fit for me, but maybe it's because I wanted to keep her for me alone, I don't know.
Some part at the very end almost made me cry, and I would've cried if I didn't fear my brother going wtf on me crying on an animation movie :P

Really, go see it. 3D isn't worth it though, 2D is enough I guess.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Shrek 4 - 7/10
Karate Kid (1984) - 7/10
Karate Kid part II - 5/10
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007)

It would be so easy to dismiss this movie and completely burn it. And it would be so easy to turn off the TV after one hour. Because it's not the western action movie I thought (knowing nothing about Jesse James before I saw the movie). However, if you - like me enjoy good acting and mindgames at the most complexed human level, it is a masterpiece and an absolute pleasure reading the well played caracters. Very nice acting by all the main roles, poor actors would have completely ruined this movie and I would have turned off my TV after one hour. But with acting at this level I was glued and fascinated.

However, I do wish we would have seen a little more action. If there would've been just a little more wild western bank robberies, shootouts of the same kind which we saw, this would've been a 9. Now I will give it a 7/10
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Rebel without a cause - 6/10
Strong 6. I was never bored but I felt something was missing for earning any higher rating.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Dear Alice (För Kärleken) - 7/10
Weak 7. Felt much longer than 1h36m but once it got started (it needed a quite long starting strip) it got kinda interesting. Was somewhat coal to see Danny Glover running around in a swedish movie. A woman at the same row as me started sobbing in the end and it was quite sad indeed. Another coal thing is I believe an old teacher I had in high school was one of the reporters in the movie. Haven't seen him for like 8 years so I'm not sure.

BTW:
Fill out this .txt and give me the link somehow. I'll put the link next to your name in my first post. Easier to spot people with same taste as you which will make it easier to find new movies you might like (by browsing their votelists). Even if you don't have a votelist you can fill it out just for fun, I'll still add it in my first post. Don't have to fill out 5 just because it says so. Fill out 2 or 7 if you feel like it.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

The Boondock Saints (1999) : 8/10
After having had this movie in my collection for over 2 or 3 months, i finally got around to watching it and i am very pleased with what i saw. I always wondered why i had never heard of this movie on tv or from anyone while it is being praised on the internet as one of the best action movies ever. First of all, i absolutly loved Willem Dafoe's character, such an intricate guy, very likeable and i truthfully believe i wouldn't have liked the movie wasn't it for him. Another thing i really enjoyed was the relationship between the two brothers. Having myself a twin, i found their relationship really honest and quite similar to mine and my brother's. On another note, the action (and the movie in general) is very stylized, without getting annoyingly stylized though. The movie also isn't one-dimensional, there is a message and anyone who can get passed the violence and the swearing (let me emphasize this word - swearing -) will find something to reflect upon after watching the credits. Great action flick, definitly a watch.
Last edited by The_BoneLESS on 23 Aug 2010, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

yeah boneless, that movie is great!
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Solstorm (2007) 4/10
Under Siege (1992) 5/10
Heaven (2002) 6/10

working on the moviestats txt..
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Kopaka wrote:working on the moviestats txt..
Nice :) I had some trouble filling it out. I'll make some finishing touches and then I upload mine. Remember, first version isn't final, you can always change the .txt later. Feel free to add more info in it too.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

The_BoneLESS wrote:The Boondock Saints (1999) : 8/10
lal seen it recently, one of the best movies i've ever seen seriously!
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Uploaded my stats in my first post.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Paprika (2006): 10/10
Wow! Was not expecting this at all. Well, maybe i was but i wasn't expecting this movie to be as good as it actually was. I think i was expecting some insane visual meaningless mindfuck but what i witnessed was a real work a art. The story was quite effective, beautifully told and some great emotions were conveyed during some parts of the movie. I was also very pleased with the french dubbing, it seems most asian movies dubbed in french were great (OldBoy, Mad Detective, Ponyo...). I've only recently conquered my unwarranted scorn for animes and to be honest, i was really missing out on some quite impressive and innovative movies. Truly a great movie. Loved it!

EDIT: Will start working on that txt file soon.
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

I heard inception is a great movie from a few friends now. Some say it's better then avatar. Going to have to watch that one.

This weekend watched

Basic Instinct 2 7/10: Quite a twist in plot near the end and you get to see sharon stone naked more then once in the movie. She is smoking hot.

The Loosers: 7/10: The movie was pretty good as well with quite a bit of action.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

dunno if teh paprika boneless watched is the same one as i saw some years ago, but it was useless boring nab porn i couldn't watch till the end.. (i guess that one was not 2006, atleast a few years older..)
[carebox]
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Predators (2010) 5/10

Dunno what all the good reviews are about, it was kinda average, not good, not a desaster. I am no die hard Predator-fan but still I went to see this film in the cinema what usually gives a huge boost in how much I like the film, but it didn't work with this one.

SPOILERS (maybe):
Good thing was the first song in end credits, that proved that the film does not take itself serious at all.
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

insane guy wrote:Predators (2010) 5/10

Dunno what all the good reviews are about, it was kinda average, not good, not a desaster. I am no die hard Predator-fan but still I went to see this film in the cinema what usually gives a huge boost in how much I like the film, but it didn't work with this one.

SPOILERS (maybe):
Good thing was the first song in end credits, that proved that the film does not take itself serious at all.
seen it today too, very average :( when i think about certain moments, it seems fine, but i dont feel like i liked it actually :(
and very agree about end song xd
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Havent seen much lately, but:

Knight & Day - 4/10
Well, what can you expect? It was just basic Hollywood action (not the Die Hard rulze action). Some semifunny scenes but mostly just trying too hard.

Flashdance - 6/10
Nice 80's vibe and an ez-to-watch movie.
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Memphis wrote:I heard inception is a great movie from a few friends now. Some say it's better then avatar. Going to have to watch that one.
Well, it's a movie by Christopher Nolan (Memento, The Prodige, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight) so I guess it's a good one. It has some 9.4 on IMDb but it will probably go lower, like 8.high, in the next months. I want to go see it myself and hope it rocks :)
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Bismuth wrote:
Memphis wrote:I heard inception is a great movie from a few friends now. Some say it's better then avatar. Going to have to watch that one.
Well, it's a movie by Christopher Nolan (Memento, The Prodige, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight) so I guess it's a good one. It has some 9.4 on IMDb but it will probably go lower, like 8.high, in the next months. I want to go see it myself and hope it rocks :)
9.4!? Holy smokes... is it like the best movie of all time? I would strongly doubt it. Haven't seen the movie yet but it seems casual movie goers are really impressed by anything that is slightly new or original.

Will have to go see it soon to understand all the hype.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

I just came from Inception and I must say it was really really great! =) One of those complex movies where you have to focus all the time. About that comment on Inception being better than Avatar; well you can't really compare these movies. I too will say this movie is better than Avatar because I don't think Avatar really is that great a movie. Yes Avatar is extremely well done and they used a lot of time and money on it but it still is one of those typical you know what will happen movies xD

Well enough bs. Go see it and judge for yourself =)
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Definitely going to watch Inception thursday or friday. Until then:

Amelia - 5/10
Very average biography on Amelia Earhart.
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Inception - 9/10.

Is it just me or is Christopher Nolan a FUCKED UP CRAZY FUCKER 8O
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

dame, gotta download if you guys say its so max 8O
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Inception - 9/10
It is indeed quite coal. Initially put an 8 but when I went through the movie in my head I realised I have to put higher. If I go see it again and get to know the whole mythology of inception like the back of my hand I might even put higher than 9.

Btw BoneLESS, is Paprika warm up before Inception? :)
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

John wrote:Btw BoneLESS, is Paprika warm up before Inception? :)
Haha, you can read me like a book!

My friends didn't want to go see Inception on the release day (only a very few screening, the cinema is usually packed on the the first days) so i thought to myself, let's watch the allegedly ripped-off movie (which isn't by any way by the way). The world of dreams Kon created for Paprika will be hard to top though, Mr Nolan better make it good!
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Pawq wrote:dame, gotta download
you've gotta not to, you mean. go see it in theaters :x
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

:OOOOO thought its old :O (like a few months) haha here premiere is on july 30th xd haha sure i will go see it!
lal seeing this trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DwuVKfjctk
in a cinema a few months ago and then i said to myself (dame, gotta watch it), those bass sounds were so awesome in the cinema!! :O will definitely see
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

haven't seen any inception trailer nor teaser.. but this one you posted pawq is utter crap. :o how is that a teaser?