Forecasting elma future

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Ambulance
Kuski

Forecasting elma future

Post by Ambulance »

Hi! Im bored and I refuse to go to bed because im not tired.
So I've been at the old mopolauta to see my posts that I have written some time ago when I suddenly came over a topic with the exact same name as this one.

I wrote:
I don't mean to be negative or something. But what are the chances for that elma will be played "proffesionally" in 2005-06? Pretty low i think. I also think the times will be pretty unbeatable in as early as 2004 and over..so (not to sound negative) i think this competition is born dead...
Well, I still think some of it makes sense, but I have to admit that I think elma will be played professionally in 2005-06.

Later in the topic, i wrote this:
Face it Abula, this wasn't a good idea for contest
And Abula answerd as following:
I thought that much more ppl would like this compo, I was wrong but it wasn't a mistake. You don't have to hoyl days but just 30 minutes. But I didn't notice that most Elma players play Elma just because of that hoyling and not thinking things like this. I'm a statistics freak (as some of you has probably noticed) and I consider Elma Forecast much.

Elma Forecast would be much better if there were several forecasters. That's why I'm trying to get ppl waste their time 30 minutes for this contest.

I'm pretty sure there will be at least 10 forecasters totally. After 5 years we will have funny with these. Maybe I will give some awesome prize for the winner.
I checked in the news archive if there were any updates concerning this forecast flop, and guess what? I was right.

But enough about that, my questions is very simple:
Abula: Do you still think it is a good idea with this forecast? Hows the results coming? Havning fun?
HAHA!

Guess that was all folks.
(I will however take responsibility if something I wrote was incorrect. The thing is that I didn't bother to read through the whole news archive to see if there has been anything written about the forecast comp other than on the checkingdates.)
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

I will update them for sure. Right now I have so many other more important things to do. It's fun to see the results when they are ready but also just checking a single forecast are amusing. See mine and year 2006 and those WR times.

http://www.moposite.com/misc_text_files ... _abula.txt
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

you guys were soooo out in those forecasts :)
didn't you know that tt is going under 38? :lol:
[carebox]