what made you start competing

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

ribot
Not banned

what made you start competing

Post by ribot »

im not asking why you started playing, but what got you into real competition. i started by trying to beat a friend's times, and after that getting under 1 hour total. when done with that, total got smaller quick, i made better and better styles. then i joined team odp, i was very happy they accepted me. then i tried some really hard styles, like wr styles, höyled them for hours and hours, and then i was finally good enough to understand how you can make a WR.

so what i wonder is how so many ppl got so good. i wouldnt think one plays elma, sees those fucken impossible wr times, and tries for the wurld records. probably many players saw pro replays, like i saw headbanger pipe, and i hoped i one day would be good enough to pete it. what made play so much to become good?
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

eh..I don't know so good. When I saw the pro replays, I knew i wasn't ever going to do the pipe in headbanger, the bounce in labyrinth pro, or going over the killers in enigma, or even the basics in some levs.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Danish elma site made me compete for TT. And then came wcup4.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

KingCup, later #battle
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

lol i try to compete, but really i cant ;p
TT ~ 50:42
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

I got hoocked after competing with freinds... CoLiC, iDeA & eDDe... ya'h that was almost for sure the funniest elma moment... trying newer n newer styles and pressing times down to the max!
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

Kopaka wrote:Danish elma site made me compete for TT. And then came wcup4.
Exactly the same as Kopaka! In the summer 2002 I just wanted to do 49tt that summer and then stop playing when school started. But then when world cup started and I joined team EMA things changed...
Boss27
39mins club

Post by Boss27 »

I started playing elma, when I saw pro recs ...I thought that it´s impsy, but now I know that isn´t too hard :P ...
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Boss27 wrote:I started playing elma, when I saw pro recs ...I thought that it´s impsy, but now I know that isn´t too hard :P ...
same here
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

i basically only play for styles. if i saw a rec of a nice style that i know i could do, such as enigma bounce, downhill hang, tricks abound end, precarious shortcut, steppes pole etc etc then i had to do it. then after the style was done with no huge mistakes i would leave the level alone. and so slowly but surely i have done the best styles i can on every level.

which is why i no longer compete. the only thing that will make me play internals again is if a new style comes out that i can do, or i realize by luck that i actually can do some style that i currently think i can't.

i guess the only exception is ramp frenzy where i actually wanted to get a top ten time even after doing the style quite cleanly. why exactly i wanted this, i do not know :?
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

did you really make all hardest style like serpents and zigzag and all? what about those tricks in other thread "höyläz try these styles". i belieev you are just a wanner
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

are you blind
and so slowly but surely i have done the best styles i can on every level.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06