Ultimate Pipe Pack (UPP)

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

CMc
39mins club

Ultimate Pipe Pack (UPP)

Post by CMc »

So heres the deal. I know we have pipe packs of all kinds from different designers and what not. But I thought it would be so awesome to get a complete collection of all pipe levels from all the best designers and put them in one pack (UPP).

Just think, this wouldn't be just a pack of 15-20 levels with 1 or 2 levels by 1 designer. This would have so easy over 100 pipe levels in it. Best of the #battle pipe levels, the best of the pipe level packs. The best of the Level of the Month levels. Best of the Pipe Contests, from BoneLESS and Zebra and the WCup and so on.

And there is no need to have a WR table. This would just be a great way for players to practice their pipe skill and improve, or maybe just to get pissed off. I can keep going on and on cause I'm getting excited, but I won't. So guys, seriously...this would be sooooo awesome. The level names won't even have to be changed, we'll just put them in and get as much pipes as we can.

If you think this is a good idea, please post and let everyone know. Even if you don't, send your pipes anyway, cause all you have to do is email them and you'll be done. It would be so great if we could get this going!
TT: 39:43:40

CMc's Elma Site: 100+ levels, PTL, Hoyla, and Pipe pack. And alot of other crap. http://www.freewebs.com/cmcelma/
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Yeah, cooal idea. So what, how to do it? Sending every pipe lev made by editor to you or anyone else, who pickes teh best levs in your/his opinion (if there are any cool pipes in pack)?
Wezz 1-100 Levels - PTL pack - ADLP Pack - CR Pack - My Website - Team Website - Proud member of TEM - DONT WANT A ELMA 2!!! My internal TT: 45:xx:xx - Team TEM TT: 39:xx:xx Image
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

aww you got me disappointed :( i thought you were advertising some pack you had made
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
CMc
39mins club

Post by CMc »

Just send them in, or just post them here (doesn't matter). Then they'll be put in the pack. No level name changes or anything. All you have to do is post them or send them to my email. And ALL pipes will be accepted. EVERY pipe will be put in the pack!

And by the way sierra, why would you be excited about a new pipe pack I have made if you have only sent me like 2 times for my last one? :(

CMc's Elma Site: 100+ levels, PTL, Hoyla, and Pipe pack. And alot of other crap. http://www.freewebs.com/cmcelma/
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Pretty please atleast add a number to the level name, makes it so much easier for the player.

Atleast was my impression that you wouldn't.
CMc
39mins club

Post by CMc »

Okay, we can do that. That way we can have a WR table after all! A few have said that they would want to have one, so I guess we can. I just didn't want it to clash with other time tables for the same level. But if no one else cares, I think it's a great idea. :D

By the way, we already have 62 levels!!!

SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

That record table would not be very active at all after a short while. Sorry to bring the pessimistic tone.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Hmm...Would be sach coaler if rename to UPP001- UPPXXX
and then just dont add a table...

But, your choice ;)

by the way, if you put a levnumber in every lev = you change on lev, and tehn there will be a level table for the UPPs and also a table for the levs on another site of the creator.

I mean, 2 tables of saem levs would be stupid
Wezz 1-100 Levels - PTL pack - ADLP Pack - CR Pack - My Website - Team Website - Proud member of TEM - DONT WANT A ELMA 2!!! My internal TT: 45:xx:xx - Team TEM TT: 39:xx:xx Image
CMc
39mins club

Post by CMc »

I agree, I don't think it would be very active either, but there are alot of pipes out there, that I and I'm sure others would like to see replays of. And we would never have replays of the levels if there is no reason for players to send them in. So we can upload the replays on the UPP site!

Wezz: I think UPP001 and so on sounds pretty cool too.

We now have 244 levels for the pack and more to come!!!

Here are all of the pipe designers that we have so far. If you see your name and for whatever reason you upject to having your levels in the pack, please post and let me know...

(Thunder, Epsilon, Naoman, juish, Xhomas, Wezz, qaz, Boomer88. BoneLESS, Zebra, cyre, Behk, VilleJ, Sierra, onlainari, Undiente, 8-ball, MP, CHanNoZG, daN, Andy, Lukazz, Elman, Harald, John, Kestas, KickZ, Crosser, Markm0, m4rv1n, and JonTTe)

Keep in mind that the level names will be changed, so they won't clash with your current WR tables...

8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

What's the point of having a level in 2 WR tables? Like if you take a level from a level pack, it has an entry on a table already.
39:37,91
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Thats exactly what i wrote above 8-ball :roll:

I will be editing new Pipes instead on my ADLP pack from now on :P
CMc
39mins club

Post by CMc »

I haven't completely decided yet, because everyone keeps telling me different things.

So lets take a vote:
How many think it would be better not to have a WR tabe, and how many do want a WR table?

Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

NO WR - Table!

...except for that editor of level doesnt have a record table on his own site. But most have, so...
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Cmc, I think the idea of a compilation of all pipe levels that are worthy to play is a good idea. You can have a site with some packages containing them. You shouldn't edit the levels in any way though.

For example MOPOCO pipe levels. There are replays on it. People downloaded it on your site and get a replay. It wouldn't work when you altered something, even the title.

Now that brings me on another excellent idea: host the compilation, together with replays for it. People can drive replays for the levels and send them to you so you could put them up on the site.
And ofcourse one level can have more replays.
CMc
39mins club

Post by CMc »

tijsjoris wrote:Cmc, I think the idea of a compilation of all pipe levels that are worthy to play is a good idea. You can have a site with some packages containing them. You shouldn't edit the levels in any way though.

For example MOPOCO pipe levels. There are replays on it. People downloaded it on your site and get a replay. It wouldn't work when you altered something, even the title.

Now that brings me on another excellent idea: host the compilation, together with replays for it. People can drive replays for the levels and send them to you so you could put them up on the site.
And ofcourse one level can have more replays.
I really like that idea, but I'm just not sure if players are going to spend much time on beating a level just to send it in so others can see it. Unless ofcourse, they already have a replay, in which case I couldn't change the level name. Which is exactly what you were saying! :P

I could make it a conjunction with PTL pack. Create a site for the PTL and then, if players want more pipe levels and replays, they can get them there too.

Okay new idea: The Elastomania Pipe Players Website (EPPW)

1phatman1
Kuski

Post by 1phatman1 »

If you have a replay, you probably already have the level, so if you download it with a different name, it wouldn't change your ability to view that replay...

i think all the lvls should be named UPP001 etc, but the name inside the level should rename the same, so you know who made it :p
I Don't Know Much About Anything, But You CAN Go Visit My Site If You Want To!!
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

You simply don't understand. There are certain people that want to view replays driven by other people. Weird, huh? But there are. To make it easier for those we can make a collection of replays on a site, together with a pack of the pipe levels that you need to be able to view them.

In other words, you don't need to download several packages on several sites to get some pipe levels.
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

So, ur saying that there will be no WR list, but replays and levels on that site? Hmm, i liek idea, but then editors have to look and see if some of the replays has better tiems than those on THEIR WR-list. Wouldnt that get a little annoying for WRlist updater to download new replays all teh tiem.

I know that most ppl who got bet0r replays would send email wit replay and tiem and lev to wr list updater, but if they dont?

P.S. Ive probably just written something really nonsense havent i? :D
CMc
39mins club

Post by CMc »

How does this sound:

No WR table, but I'll make a table for the site: Numbering them from UPP001 - UPP00XX. The level names will remain the same. I'll just make the table so that everyone knows what UPP level # number it is. No times, just replays (tijsjoris idea). That way, when they save a replay, they can number it UPPxxx. So everyone will know which replay goes with what level. I'll make a zip of replays for UPP1- UPP25, UPP26-UPP50...and so on.

On the table:

The UPP level # /// Nick (who's replay it is) ///

Hopefully, by posting the players nick, they'll be more inclined to send in replays.

Does that make sense?

We have over 300 hundred levels now!!!

8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

30000 pipes...
oh...my...gosh
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

8-ball wrote:30000 pipes...
oh...my...gosh
i feel somehow that he ment 300
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
CMc
39mins club

Post by CMc »

lol, I did.

Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Loalz Loalz Loalz Loalz...:D:D 30000 would haev been a little....hmmmm...:D
CMc
39mins club

Post by CMc »

The Ultimate Pipe Pack website is ready and the UPP is now ready for download. Please sign the guestbook and tell me if you have any suggestions.

UPP Website: http://www.freewebs.com/elmaupp/

Please send replays, we need all we can get!

sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

damez i thought levels would be renamed to UPPxxx

now how can i know what the levels are :S without making new elma or something
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Downloading UPPs now...freewebs is slow :(

Im so mongo, i send a WP which havent been in battle yet, and it was good :( Oh well, bad luck
Kestas
Kuski

Post by Kestas »

sierra wrote:damez i thought levels would be renamed to UPPxxx

yeah, he's right..Lev folder is already a mess with thousands of levels. how can we pick out those upp pipes? it's impossible momerizing the names of a huge pack like this pack :?

and i think UPPxxx rec table would be nice coulse that would add some stimulus to play those pipes for lots of ppl.
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

it's not a new pack ffs, just a compilation of ages-ago-made-pipes. i don't want to have 2 identical pipes with just different names.
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

8-ball wrote:it's not a new pack ffs, just a compilation of ages-ago-made-pipes. i don't want to have 2 identical pipes with just different names.
According to that it sounds like a 'collection'.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

We might as well call it a compilation, dz.

And it's a good thing, to leave the levels unedited. Reason was posted earlier by me.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Cmc, will there be new levels or only old levels ?
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Kestas wrote:
sierra wrote:damez i thought levels would be renamed to UPPxxx

yeah, he's right..Lev folder is already a mess with thousands of levels. how can we pick out those upp pipes? it's impossible momerizing the names of a huge pack like this pack :?

and i think UPPxxx rec table would be nice coulse that would add some stimulus to play those pipes for lots of ppl.
Kestas, if he called em UPP001-3xx, he would change on level = 2 record list with same level just where u have to complete it to times :X
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Besides, you can create a different elma for these specific levels.

OR ask dz for his batch files, which you can use to assign multiple level folders with help of a trick.
CMc
39mins club

Post by CMc »

The_BoneLESS wrote:Cmc, will there be new levels or only old levels ?
New levels and old levels, I'm hoping that everyone will get in the habit of sending in new pipes whenever they make them. Would be nice to reach the 400 mark!

To answer the the problem of getting the levels mixed up:

I'm planning on making a table that will look like this...

http://www.freewebs.com/cmcelmacontest/ ... 20site.doc

If anyone knows how to create a table that would help to make this a little easier, PLEASE let me know!

Also: Zebra's Pipor levels have been added! We now have 411 pipes!

zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

CMc wrote: If anyone knows how to create a table that would help to make this a little easier, PLEASE let me know!
use first levstats: http://www.moposite.com/programs/lev_stats.zip
and then mergestats: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/mergestats15.zip
and you'll get a table which looks like this: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/IFLP_table_8.html

The only problem is that levstats works only for levels which you have finished. My program (mergestats) handles pipe times/apples as well if you somehow can make stats files where the pipe times are.
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Moved everything i wrote here to problems section...
Kestas
Kuski

Post by Kestas »

i like the idea and it would really sort the things out a lot by searching for UPP maps. and gratz for reaching it with over of 400 levz.

500 would be ez i guess to think of it that elma community is that big and only a very small part of has contributed with their pipes
CMc
39mins club

Post by CMc »

Kestas wrote:
i like the idea and it would really sort the things out a lot by searching for UPP maps. and gratz for reaching it with over of 400 levz.

500 would be ez i guess to think of it that elma community is that big and only a very small part of has contributed with their pipes
Yes, it could be much more, but I'd say only about 30% of the Elma Community like pipes.....so sad. :cry:

Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Why am I missing in the credits? 8 levels by me...
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
CMc
39mins club

Post by CMc »

Hmmmm...good question, maybe cause I'm an addiot. I'll update 8O

CMc
39mins club

Post by CMc »

59 new levels added on the UPP pack!

http://www.freewebs.com/elmaupp/

Thats makes a total of 470 pipe levels!