Stunting [TUTORIAL - VIDEOS INCLUDED]

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

FloppyPillow
Kuski

Stunting [TUTORIAL - VIDEOS INCLUDED]

Post by FloppyPillow »

Videos : *Videos had to be uploaded singly, if I find a new way, this message will be deleted, but just deal with it =P. Just copy and paste the links into your browser, and go from there. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Levels : I heard that you all need the levels to watch the replays :roll:. These are the levels that you may want to download so you can practice what I was doing on the videos. If not, you can easily make them yourself. Wheelie maps are generally flat, but stoppie ones are on a slope, however, I suggest make the slope very gradual, because it is easy to make it too fast. More skill involved aswell! Here they are.
I don't know about you guys, but about half the reason I play Elastomania is to stunt. Wheelies, stoppies, and other crazy tricks. Has anyone got replays to post or something of some mad tricks, and does anyone else stunt?

If not, just try this. Make a make, (as long as possible, and flat), and just practice holding down the throttle and, when you get too high, just release the throttle and break, but not too hard. Try and get as far back as possible, and the slower the better.

To stoppie, (may be better to make a map with a slight decrease in the land, (not streight, as the wheelie map is), to get some extra speed. Stoppies are slightly harder to pull off, but all in all, fun and exciting. Just hold down the break until a nice height, then let go, and continue to a nice, spectacular stop.

You can play around for hours with thees tricks, just wanting to know if anyone else actually does tricks and stuff. Also, just a note. I also love doing jumps, and getting loads of air. Very fun, but a bit harder to make the maps. Just make a nice launching ramp, and you can make run-ups, and all sorts of things. Jumping is a VERY versitile skill, and a ton-of-fun, too!

I hope you all enjoyed this help in learning to stunt. Have fun guys, and keep stunting hard![/list]
Last edited by FloppyPillow on 20 Sep 2005, 03:11, edited 8 times in total.
*SIGNATURE IN PROGRESS - TOO BIG AT THE MOMENT*

Emotion Denied is Emotion Deffered.
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

Different bounces, brutals
Seize the day
FloppyPillow
Kuski

Post by FloppyPillow »

Uhh, pardon me?

Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I often just drive radomly around in levels and make random stunts. :) I guess many do. Also often when fucking up a run, just continue playing.
FloppyPillow
Kuski

Post by FloppyPillow »

Yeah, lol. I really enjoy it, but I am curious to know why you play ElastoMania, because stunting is about 80% of the reason I play :lol:

*EDIT* Just one more thing, (new to this forum, and returning to game from almost a year's break), is there Teams / Clans / Crews / Guilds in the game? I see on peoples signatures that there are battles ect. Is that in the game, or another game or something? Please help :D

Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Well stunting is for sure not such big part for me, but is good when you get bored of a lev, just to drive around.

Yes there are teams. Check maybe moposite link section for link to team pages.

Battles are on IRC, #battle at IRCnet.
FloppyPillow
Kuski

Post by FloppyPillow »

Cool, but is there actually a ElastoMania community? Wow, cool. I am going to go to bed now, but that is cool. Is there World Cups aswell? What do teams do? I will check messages in morning, but for now, thanks and bye!

*EDIT* How do battles work, also?

Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Yes there are community, World Cup 5 was just held. http://moposite.com/contests_world_cups_5.php Teams has there team tag behind nick, some happens to help each other with replays too.

For battles download mirc from www.mirc.com and go to IRCnet #battle There is installing info on and such on mirc.com
klisse
Kuski

Post by klisse »

milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

at first I would recommend to download some nice internals recs from moposite http://www.moposite.com/downloads_repla ... sional.php
that's how today's play do teh stunt
[carebox]
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Here are my stunting replays. http://www.gofietse.com/blog/images/stunts.zip

I hope you like them! :)
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

wtf??? what's the special thing there, every n00b can make fucking flips... :S
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
FloppyPillow
Kuski

Post by FloppyPillow »

I don't mean flips, and I can tell you haven't read the tutorial through, Lukazz, because it isn't just flips.

I have tried to download those replays, but it is an older version then mine or something. How would I fix that problem?

Teams? Is it just for speed or something? Okay, thanks guys!

twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

Just gimme a good level, and I'll be "Stunning.." all teh way, to teh white flower, eatin' all those fruity fruits
FloppyPillow
Kuski

Post by FloppyPillow »

I don't know lol, but man, tijsjoris, I have watched your first 20 replays, and they are MAD! Can I give you a tip, though? I think you MAY need to stop using those left and right kick thingies a bit much. E.G, when doing a wheelie, just use your break and thottle, lol. I will make an example wheelie and stoppie and upload it in a minute, lol.

Thanks so much man, some SWEET rutines in those vids man! Stunt on ';...;' :wink:

*EDIT* Where should I go to host my Stunts.zip file to show everyone my stunts?

milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

as i said, check those replays at moposite
http://www.moposite.com/downloads_repla ... sional.php
there are real good guys
[carebox]
FloppyPillow
Kuski

Post by FloppyPillow »

Lol, I have tried, and I have a bad version. I want to know where to HOST my own vids, got some now, want to show myself :D

The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

FloppyPillow wrote:Lol, I have tried, and I have a bad version. I want to know where to HOST my own vids, got some now, want to show myself :D
Get on this site :
http://www.kurki.buildtolearn.net/upload/
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
FloppyPillow
Kuski

Post by FloppyPillow »

Thanks a lot mate!

*EDIT* Uhh, "Invalid File Extention. I may have to upload singly, but whatever, it's worth it :wink:

Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

wow another aussie, see how long this one stays without running away screaming "oh the pain". :P

At the very start your amazed by the unusual physics and soon you wil become addicted. Have fun mate. :D
FloppyPillow
Kuski

Post by FloppyPillow »

Yeah haha. Just uploaded the videos, have fun watching :lol:

Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

upload lev files too
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
FloppyPillow
Kuski

Post by FloppyPillow »

Oh, you mean the level files I was using? Oh, good idea man. Will do so now, for everyone to practice on. Good luck people!

Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

its just, we need the lev files to watch your replays
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
FloppyPillow
Kuski

Post by FloppyPillow »

Done, sorry for that all 8). Much better now, but I really need to know how to put all the levels in a pack, and the replays in a pack. Sorry for all the trouble :x. My fault for not finding a server that will hold the file extention .zip. :oops:

milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i guess you've download world-cup's replays and you need level file for them
but if you donload replays fro internal levels, it shoudl work
btw. remove that foking picture from your signature, i guess you'll be banned otherwise
only small pics allowed
[carebox]
FloppyPillow
Kuski

Post by FloppyPillow »

But it's not big :x lol. Everyone keeps telling me :(. Fine :(

milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

you're such a funny guy
[carebox]
devan
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by devan »

FloppyPillow wrote:I don't know lol, but man, tijsjoris, I have watched your first 20 replays, and they are MAD! Can I give you a tip, though? I think you MAY need to stop using those left and right kick thingies a bit much. E.G, when doing a wheelie, just use your break and thottle, lol.
LOL is right
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

can't stop laughing at those "stunt" replays :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[carebox]
FloppyPillow
Kuski

Post by FloppyPillow »

Jappe, maybe I play for a different perpouse then trying to beat world records on a cornie game. I am having fun, not being a noob!

The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

FloppyPillow wrote:Jappe, maybe I play for a different perpouse then trying to beat world records on a cornie game. I am having fun, not being a noob!
That's what i'm talking about, keep on being happy...

and by the way, Jappe isn't the most reliable person around here :wink:
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

tij u impressed me with ur ramp frenzy stunt replay that's some sick shit right there. anyway fluffy pillow i like ur style if u keep it up ur skill lvl and move to canada we just might have a new team member!
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
FloppyPillow
Kuski

Post by FloppyPillow »

HaHa okay. I don't really play for times, just fun lol. I still don't believe how cool those pros are :). I need help. I downloaded a vid of 'Markman0 or someone VS Karmis or someone'. The were on a map that was pretty much downhill, and I would like to try it for speed, but I can't find it on the list. Does anyone know of that vid, and what map it is? I need help :cry:

teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Memphis wrote:tij u impressed me with ur ramp frenzy stunt replay that's some sick shit right there. anyway fluffy pillow i like ur style if u keep it up ur skill lvl and move to canada we just might have a new team member!
FloppyPillow wrote:I don't know lol, but man, tijsjoris, I have watched your first 20 replays, and they are MAD! Can I give you a tip, though? I think you MAY need to stop using those left and right kick thingies a bit much. E.G, when doing a wheelie, just use your break and thottle, lol. I will make an example wheelie and stoppie and upload it in a minute, lol.
Thanks for the feedback! And you should really check out my stunt23.rec, stunt27.rec, stunt30.rec and stunt46.rec, those are simply amazing.
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

stunts 27 and 46 are pretty tight. i can tell right off the start of lvl 46 ur out for some stunting.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

My Serpents Tale stunt:
http://www.kurki.buildtolearn.net/uploa ... unt15X.rec

I really liked that shelf life replay.. head into that little hole..
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

this is very embarassing for me since i have been involved with elma for a while and, correct me if im wrong :), am considered a pretty decent player

but im having problems with a stunt and i dont know who else to ask. floppypillow you seem to know a lot about stunts and id be grateful if you could just point out what im doing wrong exactly. i need help landing the stunt.. i think it would be sick if i could pull it off (im not even sure if its possible). anyway heres the rec:

http://www.kopaka.dk/up/updir/30stunt.rec

as you can see i am unable to land this particular stunt. i have watched your replays but i dont think you went over the specific technique involved. thanks for any input
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Luther »

Jaytea: Just drive left! Gosh
Nekit for president
FloppyPillow
Kuski

Post by FloppyPillow »

Jaytea, when you are spinning, break and spin more, and not just keep accelerating, if you get what I mean. Good luck with it!

Tijsjoris, that was absolutly AMAZING, HaHa! That would have been VERY hard, nice work! :lol:

CMc
39mins club

Post by CMc »

Jaytea, lol...I'm not sure if that was rude or not! :P
TT: 39:43:40

CMc's Elma Site: 100+ levels, PTL, Hoyla, and Pipe pack. And alot of other crap. http://www.freewebs.com/cmcelma/
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

FloppyPillow wrote:Jaytea, when you are spinning, break and spin more, and not just keep accelerating, if you get what I mean. Good luck with it!
you son of a bitch. i followed your advice and tried unsuccessfully for 5 hours to land the stunt. fortunately a PRO stunter pointed out the true error in my ways, and i was able to land it. why the fuck do you pass yourself off as a master of stunts when you know: nothing. fuck you
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

don't listen to him fluffy pillow i liked ur advice that's just jeatea for ya.
Religious Man
||
teajay
Donator duck

rofl jt, :*

Post by teajay »

Memphis, your comment on my 46 was really funny when I checked the rec now.

And floppy, that head through was an accident!! :((

And jaytea, didn't you check my stunt rec on level 30??? It showing the good way!!!!
FloppyPillow
Kuski

Post by FloppyPillow »

Lol whatever, noobz.

CMc
39mins club

Post by CMc »

Yeah retaliate Quake style: rap him up in wet raw hide, so when it dries out, it'll smash up all his bones and sqeeze his internal organs out through his orphasis like a-tuba toothpaste. Figuradibly speaking. 8)
TT: 39:43:40

CMc's Elma Site: 100+ levels, PTL, Hoyla, and Pipe pack. And alot of other crap. http://www.freewebs.com/cmcelma/
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

CMc wrote:Yeah retaliate Quake style: rap him up in wet raw hide, so when it dries out, it'll smash up all his bones and sqeeze his internal organs out through his orphasis like a-tuba toothpaste. Figuradibly speaking. 8)
You shouldn't have touched those medicins.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

haven't read everything, but what happened to FloppyPillow?? he was like. BLA BLA BLA BLA... and now i don't see a thing..
or was it all just a joke?
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
ead
Kuski

Post by ead »

maybe he took someone's advice and left scene for a while to come back more experienced.. i think he said that somewhere
TT: 43:59,45 Riff Raff! Always good for a laugh!
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Well, if you read this floppy, we hope you come back some day as a fully experienced player! :)