Elma doesn't work

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Elma doesn't work

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Ok, my game doesn't work anymore on my new computer (it still works on my Windows98 so i can still play).

The problem is as soon as i launch the game, the screen turns black, then an error message pops saying something about "memory cannot be 'read' ". The thing is that it makes the same thing for every single game on the computer. For one of those games, the sound works but, no images, nothing,... only sound.

So, i'm suspecting my graphic card to be broken or i just need some drivers.

Please guide me, i'm kinda lost here...
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
J-sim
39mins club

Re: Elma doesn't work

Post by J-sim »

The_BoneLESS wrote:Ok, my game doesn't work anymore on my new computer (it still works on my Windows98 so i can still play).

The problem is as soon as i launch the game, the screen turns black, then an error message pops saying something about "memory cannot be 'read' ". The thing is that it makes the same thing for every single game on the computer. For one of those games, the sound works but, no images, nothing,... only sound.

So, i'm suspecting my graphic card to be broken or i just need some drivers.

Please guide me, i'm kinda lost here...
I think I've had that problem, but I can't remember what the solution was. Maybe it's your exe that's set to read only?
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

if only you didnt have your old windows 98.. that would've made my day.
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

I had that problem before too i found just needed to reinstall elma and just transfer state.dat over it's something currpt or something
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Memphis wrote:I had that problem before too i found just needed to reinstall elma and just transfer state.dat over it's something currpt or something
Don't think so because every game on the computer doesn't work. So, elma is not an isolated case...

Anyone one can tell me : Is there any way to know if your graphic card actually works ?
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Crazy
The Höylä

Post by Crazy »

Maybe if you try to install some older driver? I fucked up my old computer by installing the very newest driver once, but as I changed back to the old one everything went back to normal..
ARTISTRY is in the eye of the Beholder -||- TT Höylä Mission: 10.48.43 -||- Best Times: Tutorial1 -||- höylä
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Let's bring back my problem...

I now know for sure that i got a problem with my Graphic Card. I'm sure it's not of any use but it's a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 ...

I know that i could buy a new card but, it would be a last case scenario.
Anyone has some tips to repare a graphic card ?
Viper_KillerGuy
PHPer

Post by Viper_KillerGuy »

weird how your gfx card would fail only when using it's graphics hardware accelerator things.

my guess is that your drivers or directx is fucked.

try "run..."ing "dxdiag"
under screen or monitor or whichever englishlike word they use for that tab, there are functions to test directdraw and direct3D.

That will run a test in a very basic way, which will determine if there's actually a problem.

If it still doesn't work after installing newest directx and correct nvidia drivers maybe there's a little chance that the gfx card is fucked.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Installed everything there was to install and then, i saw a driver that i didn't like...
I deleted it and went back with my old driver and guess what ! I works... :D

Thanx Viper and Crazy !