The CIA

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

sierra
39mins club

The CIA

Post by sierra »

Ladies and gentlemen. Boys and girls. Ducks (you know who you are Jappe2).

I have a cunning proposal that is going to give the Elma scene an entire new dimension. Fuck paprika. Fuck Master Cup 2. Fuck skint0r's fucking elma site. I'm talking about something the likes of which have never been conceived in our community and that is of course:

The (Elma) Central Intelligence Agency

An elite panel of ridiculously skilled and widely networked kuskis and intellectuals meet once a month in their dedicated IRC channel. They discuss the state of the scene, what new concepts have emerged, what new players are showing improvement. What kind of levels are being played, what kind of players are playing internals. Cup-related discussions.

This cabinet would also serve a judiciary role. As the effective governors of the scene, they would play a primary role in punishing cheaters, banning mopolauta users, determining whether world records are bugs or not and if world records are cheated or not. Their word would be final on all matters.

They would also discuss looser issues, ones of particular remark. Difficult questions in ambiguous situations would be addressed, for example, how to ban ribot? How to stop the wave of really irritating new players spamming the forums? Why or how are some players brilliant. Philosophical matters.

And finally, for those at the top, it would be a chance to socialize with their own kind. The elite often quickly grow bored speaking with lesser, and a bored mind is not conducive to progression. Together they would bond closer, perpetuating the solidarity of Elma brotherhood, nay, knighthood. They would create history with their antics and battles of wit.

Ladies and gentlemen and Jappe2, I propose that I run this agency.

There will be 9 members in total, excluding myself, the President. The following positions will be available:

Advisor for battles (2)
Advisor for internals (2)
Advisor for externals and contests
Advisor for Moposite
Advisor for replays and styles
Advisor for the international Elma scene
Noob Correspondent

You may be invited to fill one of these positions, otherwise you must nominate yourself below to be considered. The committee will be named on 1st of June.

From then on, there will be annual elections for each position except for Presidency, which is held for 2 years, after which the Presidential elections take place. Both of these elections would take place on mopolauta, as would any other poll. The committee would exercise democracy, as is right.

So if you feel that you've got what it takes to be a part of this exclusive cabinet of superhumans, then apply below, and apply now.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

I vote Jappe2! 8)
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

I think that this idea is very good. Finalyy, our community won't consist of fooling around stupid dumbasses, but it'll be an official group. There has to be someone WHO decides, and someone who comes up with new ideas. Our community must be finally defined and be ruled, and we have to give some people their particular duties, as for instance Luther was given the duty of updating mopo recs with the best public ones. Very good idea, just would want to eventually shorten the time between elections to one year. Yeah, Sierra
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Luther »

as for instance Luther was given the duty of updating mopo recs with the best public ones
I used to do that for Moposite, maybe Paprika will allow me to help out with that yet again...
Nekit for president
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I say good luck =)
Napoleon
Kuski

Re: The CIA

Post by Napoleon »

sierra wrote:Ladies and gentlemen. Boys and girls. Ducks (you know who you are Jappe2).
ducks = quack you stupid mongo ;(
havnt you seen the signature, in case not its rigth here:
|
|
\/
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Lol this was a joke, but at least some people got punked =P
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

you missed a line

vice-president: ribot
39:37,91
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

Luther wrote:
as for instance Luther was given the duty of updating mopo recs with the best public ones
I used to do that for Moposite, maybe Paprika will allow me to help out with that yet again...
sure, why wouldn't they want?
I uploaded you the best public recs that I possess, but maybe you should start some kind of thread and people that knows their author can tell you
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

I refuse to belive this is a joke! i run for Noob Correspondent cause i am the best mixtures of the noob and pro o/
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Juski wrote:I refuse to belive this is a joke! i run for Noob Correspondent cause i am the best mixtures of the noob and pro o/
Totally agree,

Noob Correspondant : Juski, ( or Zworqy :wink: )
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
OtorK
37mins club

Post by OtorK »

The_BoneLESS wrote:Noob Correspondant : Juski, ( or Zworqy :wink: )
please zworqy, not juski
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

OtorK wrote:
The_BoneLESS wrote:Noob Correspondant : Juski, ( or Zworqy :wink: )
please zworqy, not juski
zworqy is max pro :X
Last edited by Juski on 17 May 2006, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

No no, really, I was kidding.