Formula 1 2014!

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Re: Formula 1 2011

Post by pawq »

Still doing outstanding job, Mr. Haru. I'd like to remind you that he was the Champion in 2009, that he was in the fight for 2nd until the last race previous year and that he is currently 2nd at two races to go with 13 points over Alonso. Also the last six Button's results are: 3-2-2-1-4-2 as far as I remember, which I think is pretty decent ;) I don't think these are the right conditions to leave :) Also his physical shape is perfect, he's regularly participating in marathons and triathlons ;) Well, the only thing that could reassure you further is the fact that Button himself many times stated that he feels like home at McLaren now and is in no way even going to think about leaving the team :)
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Likewise, Webber is at the top of his career right now having finished 3rd last year and in the top4 this year. Keep in mind that for Alonso's first championship, he was duelling schumi not long before schumi retired.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

Haruhi,

Button is just 31. He has at least 5-6 more seasons ahead of him.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Around 31 is retiring age for most f1 drivers throughout history ;)
Image Cyberscore! Image
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Not for Button, get the fuck off him! He's not going away!
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Haha chill, i know that, i'm teasing you. :P
Image Cyberscore! Image
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I know, but it's working :D
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Hamilton, what a bitch! Damn 9 thousandths! Too bad that Button screwed the last sector, it was so damn close! Anyway I'm glad that he has huge chances to keep his 2nd place in the championship, little chance that Hamilton will fight back as much as 40 points in 2 races (Button has been extremely reliable in the recent say 6 races) and also little chance that either Alonso or Webber will outrun him (and even less that they will make up over 15 points). What pisses me off most is that Vettel always leaves last to cross the finish line last and to steal the pole as all others have already completed their laps. Damn bitch. Fuck his record, let him die please. And someone HAS to take the pole next race so that Vettel doesn't break the damn poles per season record :D I'm wondering what caused the downfall of Ferrari's shape in the recent weeks, even Alonso is regularly behind Webber now :/ Good for me ^^ Good job Force India as well, I just heard that Vijay has some financial trouble, I hope he will manage to keep the team in the fight next season o,o the team which has been seriously running up Mercedes' asses :D
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

it 8D was ^^ a :/ nice :D qualifying :(.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I apologise for trying to express my emotions. I will avoid doing that in the future. I like chocolate.
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

testicular vibrations.
Image Cyberscore! Image
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Cool race, though I'm disappointed with Button's KERS seemingly out of service for half of the race :/ Lol'd at Vettel in the beginning 8D Very solid performance from Force India as usually (di Resta caring for tyres in a brilliant way as usually), Schumacher outpaced by Rosberg as usually, Webber screwing this or that as usually (weird strategy btw, but neither cost nor paid him anything), Massa hitting things as usually and most of all - Hamilton driving safely and calmly as not usually o,o After the extremely hectic and unfruitful first half of the season (especially after the peak in Monaco) he really seems to have settled down - good for him as we see.
Alonso is dangerously close to Button now, The last race will be extremely fucking exciting :S I would love this order at the end of the championship: Vettel, Button, Hamilton, Webber, Alonso, Rosberg, Massa (They could at most equal with points - I don't know if that would give Rosberg 6th place), Schumacher, Heidfeld, Petrov, Sutil, di Resta, Alguersuari, Perez, Kobayashi, Buemi. Let's see how much of it works :O
See you in 2 weeks <3
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Damn, RBR really owns the second sector ._. Thank God Button is on the clear side 2 positions ahead of Alonso, there is hope <3
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

clasic map integarlos) prevails once again and they say the race will be wet~
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

yep, hope so o,o was close in the quali as well but the rain just went by. Sutil nice loal
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Going to the TV, yeah!
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Webber propro. Untouchable all race, was a good win. Funny message to the team when compare to Sebastien. Vettel always like 'WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCK YES GUISE THANKS EVERYONE I'M WINNER I'M BEST" and Mark was like "Yep. Thanks guys..."

I go away for a week now, bajs
Image Cyberscore! Image
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Yeah! Congrattness to Button and Webber as well!! ^^
Time for a proper summary of the season... Maybe the other day ^^
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

So Kimi is back. F1 just became watchable again.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Yeah, cool! Let's see if he will be outpaced by Petrov... :D
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

I didn't see that coming. Kimi 8O
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

*bump* :>

change to 2012 pls ;p

So, are you excited?! I am as hell! Can't fucking wait!!! So much tweaking around the exhausts lately, those stepped noses and only McLaren stuck to the curvy shape... Mercedes seemingly in shape, Ferrari seemingly out of shape, presumably even softer tyres, kimi back, many new guyse... I WANT SAAATURDAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

i am excited. very. during teh winter i dont have anything to do on sundays, but now i will be watching F1 hard... ye, i look forward to it much.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

exactly, weekends will get their thrill back :D
Grace
38mins club

Re: Formula 1 2012!

Post by Grace »

Max excited for this weekend, should be pretty awesome. Can't wait to see Webber maybe have a good drive for once :P
Image Cyberscore! Image
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Would be good to see indeed ^^
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

will be nice to see if kimi has any pace, what was the truth about ferrari 2009 etc
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

did you see ferrarri´s monoposts for this season? they look... disgusting.. just horrible. hope they will drive better than in last year...
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

they are fucking ugly, looks like the car is made with lego bricks -.-
I am proud that McLaren retained the curvy one, the car is so beautiful now <3 in contrary to the others!
LESS THAN 5H LEFT!!!
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

... Because racing is about aesthetics?
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

partially :) do you think as much people would enjoy it if the drivers were racing in these? Some probably would, but I wouldn't enjoy it as much, I'm definitely an aesthete :) Cars are generally the third most beautiful theme for me (after women and landscapes), so how could i not like them pretty? :)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

It's all about the tracks. As soon as all of the good old tracks are gone, no need to watch F1 anymore. "knowing" the drivers and high speed are factors also.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

the old track races are kind of sentimental and classical, but as we have seen lots of fun come from the new and fancy tracks like Valencia and Abu Dhabi :D
one session messed up by rain, the other one = BUTTON!! <3 :D
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

will be bahrain in this season?
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

yep, 20-22 april
4th race, after australia, malaysia and china
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

nice, even dont like taht circuit much... :) spa the best :D
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Spa is awesome!!! i also love Silverstone, Montreal, Monte Carlo, Singapore and Valencia :D those are my favs i think :> Can't wait for Austin too! I'm really curious how it's going to work out :)

And what do you know about Mercedes' rear wing system? F-duct -like thingy supported by the DRS, that's all i know, couldn't find any further info :l

Plus, Sunday's race could be the more exciting now that we have 2 DRS zones :D
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Mercedes F-duct basically makes their DRS much more powerful, so they will be absolutely killer in DRS zones and in qualifying (Unlimited DRS use)

I'm excited for Mercedes, i like both the drivers. I hope Kimi does well too.

And i want to see Kubica back!
Image Cyberscore! Image
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

that was a blind man's dream from the very beginning, when will people grow up to accept that :(
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Red Bull is just slow 8O

Ferrari is like 1994 Williams. :|

Mercedes might be much slower in race where they can't use their f-duct gizmo. :P

Lotus is nice car, but Kimi made some error in Q1 :?:

And McLaren after 14 years finally designed truly dominating car again :beer:
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

God, what a pleasure! It seems McLaren has a great advantage over Red Bull, both Vettel and Webber drove 3 laps in Q3 I think, all around 1.26.600-700, so that seems to be their limit. Hamilton drove his 1.25 first try, Button second try... Just wonderful! Nice Mercedes too, they looked like capable of even more throughout the quali. I expect them to be slower in the race too, but they will still be able to use their fancy gadget in the DRS zones, no? There are 2 zones so the advantage may not be as overwhelming, but still :d Grosjean is just wtf!!! Too bad Raikkonen fucked up in Q1, I am reeeeeeeeeeally curious what is Lotus capable of, but it seems that the start will be hot for them, as last year! Ferrari is just hahahaha, like everybody (including Ferrari) expected. I don't really regret, as I really dislike Alonso :p Williams seems to be in an unexpectedly good shape, too bad Barrichello is no longer here :/ I'm hoping that Force India will prove better than Toro Rosso and Williams later on, I like both diResta and Hulkenberg :) I'm really hoping that Sauber will get back their shape too, I wish them very well! The end just like last year... 18th driver, big gap, 2 Caterhams, big gap, 2 Marussias, big gap, two HRTs :D I'm positively Surprised that Marussia managed to perform so well considering no pre-season testing :) I hope that nobody will allow HRT to race... They weren't able to test and they need the race to test their car ye ye I understand, poor them, but the idea of the 107% rule is to prevent TOO slow cars from blocking the way for the rest during the race. And that is exactly what HRT would do -.-
I am obviously cheering for McLaren, especially Button tomorrow. I think RBR may easily outrun Mercedes and Lotus with their reliability and presumed long-run pace. Can't wait ^^
Haru, will you be there? :)

Let the game begin!!!
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

i will get up earlier just to see that race! (i am not used to doing it.. :))
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Pawq Mercedes will be able to under one condition when..

-driver is in DRS zone

AND

-driver is less than 0.6 behind other car

Divers can't use it when they are more than 0.6 behind other car. It's just overtaking aid. On the other hand in qualifying it can be used everywhere, but I'm not sure whether building whole car around qualifying f-duct is good idea.

I'm probably the only person who is not excited about Mercedes pace. :?
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Chris wrote:Pawq Mercedes will be able to under one condition when..
-driver is in DRS zone
AND
-driver is less than 0.6 behind other car
Divers can't use it when they are more than 0.6 behind other car. It's just overtaking aid. On the other hand in qualifying it can be used everywhere, but I'm not sure whether building whole car around qualifying f-duct is good idea.
2. it's 1s and is measured at detection points, doesn't have to be <1s all the way
3. that system (why do people call it f-duct, ffs?) will support drs not only in qualifying, but also during the race... in many cases overtaking was impossible despite the drs. the stronger the drs the greater the chance of overtaking, and mercedes do have more powerful drs from all we know so there is something to be excited.
4. i think mercedes engineers are smart enough to develop only the devices that are useful, their judgement might be slightly more accurate than ours ;)
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

new thingies here: http://www.formula1.com/news/technical/
i didnt find "f-ducts" there tho.. :)
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

The reason for it is the fact that no technical details are publicly known. All that we know is that activated DRS opens some additional channel for reduced drag, that's way too little for a technical info. You can see, though, that everybody asks Brown about it :)
Chris wrote:And McLaren after 14 years finally designed truly dominating car again
Too early to talk about dominance, it's just one qualification session ;)
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

:) talk about dominance after Lewis wins 5 races in a row ;) or jenson, doesnt matter. But in all cases, this will be interesting season as i see... i hope nice big crashes (without anyone getting hurt ofc..), they make it even more excit0ring.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I prefer overtaking 8D tomorrow will be so freaking exciting... I can't wait, I've been waiting 4 months for this!!! Honestly, I've been thinking about it nearly every day, how much I miss F1!! I'd better go and study now, so that I pass the finals properly and make it to the degree I applied for, the very same degree that Adrian Newey graduated :D
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

whos adrian? (lazy to g00gle)
you seem like real F1 freak pawq! :D total addiction.