Official-Levpacks Record Database

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

portal32

Official-Levpacks Record Database

Post by portal32 »

You guys are familiar with the old official levpacks, right?

I could open up a page April 26th, and list all the best times I received -- that is, one best per level.

However, for such a page to be opened and maintained for the years to come (because I am willing to maintain updates on a regular basis), there needs to be some demand, or, in other words, some competition going on. Basically, I wanted to get my feet wet here and see how many people would be interested by seeing such a page coming up. Because, from competition emerges the motivation to play. Such a quantity of levels means that there will need to be a lot of players, else the whole enterprise will go uninteresting quite fast.

Personally, when I began playing (yes, I'm that an old player), they were still publishing new packs every now and then. We (as a community) hoyled all of them and hurried to send skint0r our replays so that we could be in the next table.

Eventually, records were stopped to be updated, but not because there was a lack of interest by the scene; on the contrary. Basically, this thread is opened up now because, this being a community project, opinions have to be heard. I personally will not be able to start and open up the project before having graduated (cf date above).
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Re: Official-Levpacks Record Database

Post by niN »

I think it's a great idea and I wish more people could take such initiative! I would do my absolute best to contribute to the competition. If you want some numbers I could maybe play a few hours every week depending on how much I have to do.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

The best case scenario would be that you could update the official moposite record page but i know you could not convince Abula of such a thing (or maybe could you?).

Anyway, i would sure start playing those again if you ever made such a website.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

me too. i like the levels pretty much.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Cfilorvy
Kuski

Post by Cfilorvy »

Sounds great! :D
TT: 42