Project Natal

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Pab
38mins club

Project Natal

Post by Pab »

My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Re: Project Natal

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I am very skeptical about that Natal Project. It does look like a cool idea but then again, will they be able to make good games for it. At least, i've read the movement detectors were very accurate and fast. But then again, even by having the perfect hardware to understand the movements of a human being, making a great game without a controller still appears incredibly hard to me.

The main problem being: moving your character around. Without a d-pad or joystick, you would pretty much have to walk in place for an entire game (at least for shooters,adventure and most sports games) which would make the game very tiring and irritating if you ask me. The solution to this problem is making "on-rails" games which are often boring. So i don't know what they'll do but it would be quite pathetic to make such an interesting product and screw up on the games.

Well, fighting games could be crazy fun though!
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Motion sensors always looks cool in promotion videos. They rarely live up to it though. I'm happy with my sixaxis.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Project Natal has changed its name to Kinect (doesn't sound good to me).

Anyway, the first few games anounced look like shit, some sort of Wii knockoff:
Kinect Sports
Kinect Adventures
Dance Central

I do believe, unless they are hiding some gems, that Microsoft will fail with this Kinect thing. It does look like a waste of a good technology.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next