EOL: Discussion of a "mass-vote abort system"

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

masterBurn
Kuski

EOL: Discussion of a "mass-vote abort system"

Post by masterBurn »

To the manner of the TMNF vote system, people often have discussed the possibility of allowing people having a role to play in the abort process, thus avoiding exclusive control of the process by moderators.

Some people seem to think this would be a good idea, others not, and, still, others seem to adopt an in-between position. Some have said that new players would tend to abort too-hard-for-them-to-appreciate levels such as pipes or uphills. Others have said that such new players might choose to spy rather than vote as such to abort the level.

Some people also have suggested that only veteran players be allowed to vote, and others that cumulated vote points be based on player experience times actual votes, experience gained through participated-in battles, or through some other way. More complex systems have been proposed, such as to only offer people the ability to vote when they have won at least five battles in which a sufficient number of (perhaps experienced-enough) players actively were participating in.

The system seem to work well in TM -- lets see how portable it is through this thought experiment.
masterBurn
Kuski

Re: EOL: Discussion of a "mass-vote abort system"

Post by masterBurn »

Voltaire wrote:Prejudices are what fools use for reason.
-------------------- Discuss --------------------
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

First of all, i would be lead to believe that it's too late to even implement this (unless milagros already coded it that way) so the discussion has no real purpose beside brainstorming and mind-teasing.

Personnaly, i like to think that having a couple of trustworthy moderators is enough. People like zworqy, kopaka, mawane and a few more is perfect. There isn't that much to supervise and not all that many players who need supervision.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

If I remember correctly, mila has said he doesn't take more suggestions.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

i would call it brainz instead of prejudice to forecast abusement with voting system. of course we would no longer see uphill battles if this feature existed, that's just obvious.

i bet youre gonna ask if there should be uphill levs then, in that case
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Not sure why people hate uphill battles so much. I suck at them and I still find them fun to play. Pipes on the other hand I just sit and watch people as i am a very poor piper. Anyway back on topic, I think it may get abused if mass voting system was implemented.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

What a bullshit.
There should be some ppl who can abort battles, who also will accept full responsibility for their acting or abuses eventually. Not some silly voting where everyone will vote for abort just because it's a hard lev.

As Kopaka said.
Kopaka wrote:I don't really like the voting thing. For aborts the rules are/should be clear and it's not really debatable wether or not a level is eligable to be battled, and if it's not, it should always be aborted.