Bounce velocity conservation

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

masterBurn
Kuski

Bounce velocity conservation

Post by masterBurn »

Hello, hello, hello,

Concerning the acceptability of bounces: is there any objective criteria to be developed?

Like velocity conservation or something?

mila, kopaka, smibu -- have something to say about that?

N.B.: obvious implications, such Stini's Enigma, for example.
jonsykkel
Kuski

Re: Bounce velocity conservation

Post by jonsykkel »

maby shoud have a vote about what should be max allowed acceleration per 0.5 sec or smth like that
status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

has anyone (like in that book of elma facts) calculated kinetic and potential energy of bike? i think that's the best way. to sum kinetic energy (depending on the speed of a bike) and potential elastic energy of the bike when in a bounce-phase (pushed into the ground). any gain of speed during bounce can come from potential energy transferring to kinetic energy. if final energy exceeds the starting energy - its a bugbounce.
of course we have to add the amount of kinetic energy coming from gasing, eg gasing can give 200units/sec, so if starting energy is 1000 units, and final energy (after 10s) is 4000 units - we had bugbounce.

quite possible that i've missed some variable so dont whine if my theory fails
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

yes you mised volting but goodik idea, coud ez make a rec analysar out of this (if mila didnt already, donno)
status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Meh. You know when your bounce is a bug and when it isn't.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

"stini's bounce legit"
"stini's bounce unlegit"
"stini's bounce legit"
"stini's bounce unlegit"
"stini's bounce legit"
"stini's bounce unlegit"
"stini's bounce legit"
"stini's bounce unlegit"
"stini's bounce legit"
"stini's bounce unlegit"

"you know"
but who knows right?
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Stini's bounce is not legit. However, since it is already a wr it is considered legit and therefore stands. See it as being legit then, but not anymore.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
NoZKeY
Kuski

Post by NoZKeY »

This thread is very interesting... i want to see epic elma calculator someday..... ez jon program and Pawq makes equations...... i betatest! xD :mrgreen:
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

imagine a normal bounce and keep adding strength on the bounce until you have lets say a million rides. your last bounce is a megabug. so which of the rides is the last legit one? no you cant say whats legit whats not, until there really is a rule.

high fps hardly gives bug bounces, i say hardly because i have got zero (0) bug bounces for 6 years, of course i could get first bug bounce next year! high fps is pretty static 99.999% skill 0.0001% luck when it comes to strength of bounce.

internal wrs are becoming ridiculously hard to beat and already a plenty of levels have become fps dependant compromise crap. there are plenty of examples where high fps saves time in one part and low fps in another part of a level.

problem lies in the elma code of course (although i admit fps tuning does add more flavour in the game), everyone should be riding with the exact same rules since the beginning. some good static fps would be 200-300 where shelf life trick is still possible. some wrs would be slower such as hi flyer (2 secs) and animal farm (1 sec).

just a few thoughts, not necessarily ontopic