Cruising

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

gimp
Kuski

Cruising

Post by gimp »

I would venture to say that 50% of my playing is just going from one external level to the next and cruising it until i get bored of that level, and then moving on to the next. Sometimes i dont care about doing it as fast as possible but rather just try to keep the momentum going. I realize that I probably do this more than most other players. I would also venture to say that i am the best "cruiser" out of everybody that plays this game. Nobody can match my aesthetics in cruising ability. That being said I am thinking about starting a cruising cup, where I (being the best at understanding the art of cruising) have the power of deciding who gets first, second, etc. at my own discretion. The nature of this cup suggests that bribing or getting on my good side might help your chances, and though i will try to remain unbiased to the player i think buying me out would put you on the leader board.

So, what do you think of this? Do you think its fucking stupid and i am on drugs? Or is it the best idea since sliced bread? I am kind of proud of myself for coming up with this.
God Bless America
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Re: Cruising

Post by niN »

A variety of cups could only be good for the scene =)! I would maybe contribute with a lev if you wane! but I don't think I have time to play.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Thank you for the positive feedback nin, i will let you know about the level. and i dont know what you just said jappe. i want this cup to just be relaxed and lack the stress that comes with a normal cup. thats the point, the most relaxed rider will win.
God Bless America
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

I do cruise too. A lot. And before belma it was all I was doing. Only the same externals over and over again. No internal hoyling.

That cup will imo never happen and that's good.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

But won't such a cup just end up with people hoyling to perfect a seemingly "cruised" run, whatever that entails.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Flagtag is prefect for cruisers, really!
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

no you're not the best cruiser, I'm the best cruiser, after jaytea of course
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Ez if a balle is boring you just play the level below it in list, then when you finish or die, you go to the level after that etc until balle time of original lev is over. I do it all the time because I hate balles.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

i would paly cup :>D
status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
NoZKeY
Kuski

Post by NoZKeY »

Kopaka wrote:But won't such a cup just end up with people hoyling to perfect a seemingly "cruised" run, whatever that entails.
There will be fast and slow styles, but fastest style doesn't have to be the best for cruising.

Wait, this is a pretty good idea... we could have a jury who decides who win. Like Zweq + gimp + ...etc

I had a similar idea in mind some time ago, a cup with different rules than usual, where the winner is not the fastest time, in each event you get points for every apple (harder apples are worth more points), and extra points are added for reaching secret areas :DD
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Such a cup will never come to life or will fail miserably because of the obvious subjectivity needed for rating replays. It might be 2 events before 3/4 of the players get frustrated with not receiving enough points and quit.
NoZKeY wrote:I had a similar idea in mind some time ago, a cup with different rules than usual, where the winner is not the fastest time, in each event you get points for every apple (harder apples are worth more points), and extra points are added for reaching secret areas :DD
Now this is an idea!
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Ecchi
39mins club

Post by Ecchi »

The_BoneLESS wrote:Such a cup will never come to life or will fail miserably because of the obvious subjectivity needed for rating replays. It might be 2 events before 3/4 of the players get frustrated with not receiving enough points and quit.
NoZKeY wrote:I had a similar idea in mind some time ago, a cup with different rules than usual, where the winner is not the fastest time, in each event you get points for every apple (harder apples are worth more points), and extra points are added for reaching secret areas :DD
Now this is an idea!
Except looking at the one who came with the idea the whole thing reeks of bad pipe stench:\
RIP enthusiast claim image:(
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Still, the idea is excellent. I picture it as a match made in heaven for one of the eventual Banana Cup 4's prequels.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

well, i could make some criteria for this. i would say you should use the most obvious style, try to go for smoothness. sometimes a really ugly rec is the fastest time, just with some insane style. keeping good grip, no unnecessary flips, brakes, turning. have you ever seen a rec and just thought, "that looked really smooth"? youd have to strive for that. its kind of like at the Olympics when the judges score a diving competition, or gymnastics. we are looking for that perfect 10. i am not opposed to the idea of a jury, i would probably choose one volunteer per country. if possible, i would rather see the recs without knowing who the rider is first, and make my judgments then, but i am not entirely sure how to arrange that....
God Bless America