foobar2k

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

culinko
38mins club

foobar2k

Post by culinko »

anyone well experienced with foobar? i just want to switch to it from winamp, downloaded some dlls and skins atm. loaded the skins without problems, but there are so many options and i'm kinda lost :D for start i just want to disable the "grouping" option, tried anything, but no luck. so if someone could help, that would be very appreciated :twisted: ty
Lukazz
36mins club

Re: foobar2k

Post by Lukazz »

Download Columns_UI (if you don't have it already). Go to Preferences - Display - Columns UI - Playlist view - Grouping and then uncheck "Show groups".
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

yes, i have columns_ui. and that option "show groups" is still unchecked. it was unchecked right from the start (before i downloaded columns_ui). the groups appeared when i imported the .fcl skin file, eventhough the "show groups" option remained unchecked. and if i import the .fcl skin file without "main layout" checkmark, it looks bad, like only skin colors have been imported :D i guess it's because that option is for NG playlists only and it's not a NG playlist. (dunno what NG means)

i guess i have to mess with this, but no sign of disabling groups:

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php ... ing_Tab.5D
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i can't really help you with skins, cause i've never used any. i just played with the preferences a bit and made my own thing, which looks like this:
http://up.k10x.net/dhiijzbozniiq/f2k.png

i dunno, maybe it's not even possible to change the options that are built-in in some skins. why would you even want to disable grouping? ;o
can you change the group format, or doesn't that work either?
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

ya, your skin is classic one. i tried to even erase all the fields in those group setting, without an effect. i would simply disable grouping because i have 10k mp3s. now it looks like this: http://up.k10x.net/tllhwxhrjvcpw/skin.jpg . 3 songs in a row, lol. classic skin looks like this: http://up.k10x.net/crjskuuxtlfbq/classic.jpg . i was mainly searching for dark ones, but never found any "new style" skin without grouping. i actually like your skin :P only shame is that the menus are not black too...
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

solution: stop downloading single songs, download whole albums only :P i don't see any other solution if you wanna use this skin :(
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

i guess it's time to go to foobar forums :P

edit: so they helped me of course, it was easy actually. i was customizing the playlist a bit, so kinda learned the variables and stuff:) i'll post a screen later, but it's still not done :D
Markku
38mins club

Post by Markku »

Lukazz wrote:Download Columns_UI (if you don't have it already). Go to Preferences - Display - Columns UI - Playlist view - Grouping and then uncheck "Show groups".
Here you can also enable grouping for only certain playlists (or alternatively, disable it for only certain playlists). For instance, assume you have playlists called "Full albums" and "Random songs", and you want to apply grouping only to the one with full albums. One way to do it is to keep "Show groups" checked, and then just double click the grouping script, choose "Show only on playlists:", and write the playlist name(s) for which you want to apply the grouping (for more than one playlist, separate the names by semicolon).

I haven't used any custom skins either, so I don't know how they may interact with the grouping and such, but at least this works for me with the default Columns UI.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

:o nice Markku, been wanting such feature for ages (have one playlist for random songs and then many for specific artists) but I guess I just assumed it was impossible so never looked into it before :)
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

the trick was: "the playlist viewer used in this config is ELPlaylist. To disable group, right click on playlist > Settings > tab "Grouping" ... and modify the "Group format" field > just remove all for no grouping AND set "Row number of group header" field value to 0".

i tried removing all before, but not "row number of group header" to 0 :lol: and after that i just played with variables (%el_item_index% for example). foobar is cool:)