Had an amazing time =) A completely different experience to FEM, in all sorts of ways. The FEM cabin in the middle of the forest in the summer has an amazing atmosphere, and a "bare" apartment in the middle of a winter city wasn't as climatic for me. And obviously only a third as many people as at FEM, so much more intimate. Not better or worse, just different
But it was amazing to finally meet some polish kuskis (and so many of them!), having met none at the previous 2 FEMs. And Mira of course!
It was a different level of fun with all the raging, random kurwas, and much, much more innovative swearing
I feel a bit bad for Mira that we spoke polish so much, but it was just impossible to resist
PEM was literally full of amazing contests, some organised by particular people, some by all of us, and they were all impsy fun. Group cup, couples contest, onion cup, polish elma championship, bullet cup, alco cup, pajpos cup, flatos cup, two quizes, 1h tt... all in 2 days and an evening
Sorry for occasional aborts, it was kinda necessary, but we did some cups on the FEM server to reduce the burden on the main one.
Some thanks are in order from me too I guess...
- First of all, to Stooq, who not only arranged a big chunk of the event (accommodation, which was not ez!), but also coded the eolcup.pro
tool, which was amazingly useful all throughout PEM. Kudos m8!
- Codeq, for designing and sorting out a batch of fantastic t-shirts, which not only made PEM even more special, but will also make for great souvenirs
- Mielz, for keeping me company during long train journeys, explaining a lot of cubing stuff and showing off for good measure, and above all for being an amazing couples contest partner!!! (and group cup leader :p) And for a short but very fun quiz
, who despite not being present, contributed to PEM perhaps more than anyone else, by providing all levels for both Couples Contest and Onion Cup!!!
Anyone who hasn't seen the levels, seriously, go check them out (PE18coXX & OnCu01XX), they're some of the best levels I've played (both visually and gameplay-wise). The creativity of the guy is something I cannot comprehend
- berh, for sorting out group train tickets, taking care of shopping and some other smol organisational things, and for his speech (more on that later)
- Mira, for coming a long way despite joining elmans in Poland by himself for the first time
Great to finally meet my WCup nemesis!
- jbl, for being one of the most amazing dudes I've met, and for making the most entertaining elma quiz I've participated in so far! (more than teh FEM ones as it wasn't as impsy
- chris, for being chris <3333
- bEAT, for being the PEM equivalent of Ramone
- And finally, Fejm, Kulisty and Morgan, for being great competitors and fun buddies!!!
To finish off, one of my favourite things about teh PEM was that everyone
participated at everything. Everyone made a championship lev, everyone made a bullet cup lev, everyone contributed to quickly making levs for other contests, and for the most part everyone participated in all contests
Thanks for the fantastic enthusiasm PEMmers!
Oh, and the train cup... =DDDDDDD On the way back from PEM, berh+jbl+Mielz+Stooq+my sat on a train, all within like 3 rows, and decided to do what? A Train Cup, full of train levs =D So we all took our laptops out, plugged in, all made levels, and started them on EOL, battling for about 2h
There were a lot
of elma conversations that half the coach must've heard, and it was impsy fun
Including the time when I gakked some sik ride and shouted KURRRR... and in that instant realised I'm on a train and covered my mouth with my hands
Thanks guys, I'll remember this for a long time