Resolution, zoom and wheelpop technique

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

badyl
37mins club

Resolution, zoom and wheelpop technique

Post by badyl »

Recently I've been trying to do Spef's pro style on tiny013.lev
You can find it in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-6DOs43FEA
After many many unsuccessful attempts and careful wathing of Spef's rec I started wondering about one thing.
You can see that the top polygon is not completely flat but slanted left. Therefore it has these little projections. What I noticed is that the number of them depends on zoom and resolution. I was using resolution 800x600 and zoom 1.0. With these settings the top polygon has 6 projections but when I switched to resolution 1024x768 and zoom 1.25 there are 7 projections and they are distributed in another way.

The style requires a wheelpop and what I suspect is that these projections help so it's favourable when they are arranged as you want.
Is it true that wheelpopping depends on these projections or it is just the way polygons are displayed in elma and only thing that matters is fps? Do resolution and zoom affect the gameplay?
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Re: Resolution, zoom and wheelpop technique

Post by pawq »

Very good question :o I'd be surprised if the aliasing actually affected gameplay, but who knows with elma!
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

I doubt it, it's just rendering and doesn't affect physics directly imo. Only if resolution affects your FPS (higher resolution = lower max FPS). Most likely the best way to get it more consistent is to use a different FPS value.
Spef
34mins club

Post by Spef »

When it comes to settings, only FPS matters for wheelpops. Style in tiny013 was very random for me, kept trying different brake timings with different grip losses to get more pops until game said I finished one of those runs.
[10:47:49] (Hosp) tol thinks that all there is in life is a gf, status, money blabl
[10:48:19] (ANATOLIY) not all hosp =)
[10:48:29] (ANATOLIY) but elma must be at second screen