World Cup 8 Level Collecting!

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

danitah
Kuski

World Cup 8 Level Collecting!

Post by danitah »

Hey elma community!
It's finally time to start levelmaking process for World Cup 8! It's time to send in all those amazing levels you have been saving up since last World Cup. :D

Who is in level team?
danitah, Ramone and roope are in the level team.

Deadline:
Submit levels before August 15. You can submit later but there will be a lower chance of getting your level chosen.

Submission process:
Send levels to danitah on discord or lauta PM, or e-mail to elmawcup8levels@gmail.com
When I receive your level(s) I will send a confirmation message back to you to let you know that we have received it.

Types of levels we are looking for:
As always we will be trying to choose a wide variety of levels. This doesn't mean that every single level in the cup needs to have a groundbreaking idea. If your level has a solid design and is enjoyable and hoylable it can have a good chance of being included.

How would you like your levels to be handled?
When submitting levels you can specify one of the following ways how you would like us to treat your level. If you don't specify, generally 'B' will be assumed. We reserve the right to make any changes we see fit no matter what you specify, but please be assured that we will do our best to respect your wishes and to preserve your levelmaking style and intent as much as possible.
  • A: I don't want any feedback and you can make any changes you want.
  • B: Please give me feedback first. Editing playability and visuals is ok.
  • C: Please give me feedback first. Consult me before editing playability. Editing visuals is ok.
  • D: Please consult me before making any changes.
Level submission rules:
  • By submitting levels you agree to not share them with anyone else until wcup is over. (You won't be told beforehand if one of your levels is chosen, so always assume that it might be. You may get critical feedback even if your level is chosen, and you may get positive feedback even if it's not.)
  • Be extra careful of playing the level online without locking it. To make sure, it is recommended to always use a separate offline elma folder for making and testing levels you make with the intention of submitting.
  • You can submit as many levels as you want.
  • You are allowed to play your own level in the cup if it is chosen.
More info:
This topic is for level collection only. All other info such as official start time, number of events, skips etc will be announced by other wcup staff members in a different topic.
Last edited by danitah on 1 Aug 2020, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
sierra
39mins club

Re: World Cup 8 Level Collecting!

Post by sierra »

Allahu akbar
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Post for hype. Hype!

Good post. It's missing one thing though:

Every pixel apple will result in a 1-month EOL ban for the designer after the Cup ends.

It may've been irony. Or maybe not.
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

I will make level with 12 pixel appels now ty for i dea
ToMaT
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Need more levs 8)
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

invisible polys allowed?
have 1 cool lev
My levs and other Elma things: sites.google.com/view/elma-andry + youtube
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

AndrY wrote: 3 Jul 2020, 19:24 invisible polys allowed?
have 1 cool lev
No rule against it, but we probably wont use if its troll poly or such.
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

danitah wrote: 3 Jul 2020, 19:29 wont use if its troll poly or such.
not troll. oke mb will try to send if nothing else will be
My levs and other Elma things: sites.google.com/view/elma-andry + youtube
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

It's hard to design levs specifically for WCup. I feel too much pressure to do something special and just stare at the screen as a result. I didn't have this problem with the previous WCup because my lev was originally made for a personal pack where I could allow myself to simply have fun in the editor without worrying about anything.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

kuchitsu wrote: 4 Jul 2020, 08:44 It's hard to design levs specifically for WCup. I feel too much pressure to do something special and just stare at the screen as a result. I didn't have this problem with the previous WCup because my lev was originally made for a personal pack where I could allow myself to simply have fun in the editor without worrying about anything.
Yeah I think it's like that for a lot of people, including myself. Just have to make some battle levs or something until eventually I accidentally make something that could be good for a cup. That's how I have to do it unless I have some special inspiration or idea, but that has been happening less often for me lately.
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

Very same for my
ToMaT
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Thats bad thinking, wcup levs often get ruined by these "special" things thinking and levs get unplayable and bad hardik shit on it. I would love normal levs more than special shits on 1-2minit levs which these cups produce. "Man this is Wcup" - so wcup cant have normal levs? I would say please normal levs also at least, things which are 1/100 makes many players out of cup.
Team SPEED

danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Labs wrote: 5 Jul 2020, 00:02 Thats bad thinking, wcup levs often get ruined by these "special" things thinking and levs get unplayable and bad hardik shit on it. I would love normal levs more than special shits on 1-2minit levs which these cups produce. "Man this is Wcup" - so wcup cant have normal levs? I would say please normal levs also at least, things which are 1/100 makes many players out of cup.
Good point. It's one of our main goals to make levels as accessible as we can for this wcup. There will probably still be a few traditional special or more complicated levs, or it wouldn't feel like wcup imo. I know everyone wants to make "perfect" lev before sending but it can be very useful if people just send a bunch of raw battle kind of levels, we might be able to make something of it or it might be pretty good already in "raw form".
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Requesting TL lev made in five minutes for endless style possibilities
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Any possibility of a split event with x hoyla levels or similar like wcup 5 3a /3b?
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
adi
36mins club

Post by adi »

I really loved special levels like wc606 (multiroute pipe by zebra), wc608 (ramone gravity), wc609 (long bartek tunnel lev), wc610 (massive AH by 8-ball), wc613 (epic rc by nom). They were really interesting to play and quite different to what we see in smaller cups.

I sent 2 special levels (gravity tunnel and tight pipe) for wc6 but after that I haven't really tried to make a serious level.
Team MiE
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Sent.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

sierra wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 14:27Sent.
:beer: Me too did submit some levels. Let's hope many have. :D
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Thanks for all submissions! There is definitely still room for more submissions, and lev deadline has been extended to august 15th. You can send any time, even after cup starts, but there might be a lower chance of your lev getting chosen if you send after the deadline.