New battle types ideas

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Lee
37mins club

Re: New battle types ideas

Post by Lee »

It's like normal battle. Get the fastest time to win. When multiple players start the level at the same time there is a moment of overlap where collision does not work until the overlap breaks.
Dorknoob
Kuski

Post by Dorknoob »

^ definitely cool but networking would be an issue here. i've had this thought too, but cant really do it accurately when 2-3 pixels in any direction could drastically change the effects. I guess it could work to some degree with purely client side hit detection but it would be total chaos. like if you collide with someone, they'll maybe do one thing before you get their new position over the network and then they'll teleport a bit. And if you have 3-4 colisions between different kuskis at nearly the same time then things would start to make no sense, basically, the other kuskis would be teleporting all over the place or reacting to colisions in ways that don't add up based on the kuskis positions on your screen. in my opinion though this would be pure chaos but maybe even pure amazing and fun chaos. like some things are so bad they're just good cuz they are funny.

maybe @jonsykkel can put it into okeol. Just draw a circular polygon at the position of all other kuski's wheels every frame and possibly make it not collide with the players head. Then don't even worry about network stuff imo, just let it be what it is. would be super fun to try out.

p.s. how to link someone by name here? does it work above?
Dorknoob
Kuski

Post by Dorknoob »

Lee wrote: 20 Jan 2022, 03:10 It's like normal battle. Get the fastest time to win. When multiple players start the level at the same time there is a moment of overlap where collision does not work until the overlap breaks.
or even better just let collision happen immediately. this would be insane chaos. everyone upon starting would instantly get their wheels pushed up or to the side, and then everyone would send their new position immediately to everyone else, but depending on internet speeds, everyone would get the new positions at different times. if you had 11 people at the start of a FF I think they would all basically blow up just like a bomb and 7 or 8 would die immediately and the others would get flung in the air to random places, but after a few seconds it would all even out :P

maybe even some new type of game mode like.. kill the flag carrier or something.
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

Dorknoob wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 03:00p.s. how to link someone by name here? does it work above?
Just quoting someone is enough to get their attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX9ADDG-3bY
Dorknoob
Kuski

Post by Dorknoob »

Lee wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 09:00
Just quoting someone is enough to get their attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX9ADDG-3bY
if trackmania collision only worked on 4 wheels plus your head then the results would be a lot more chaotic.
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

Altitude battle:
If start = 0, reach as high as possible in the level. Height is measured to 2 decimal places.

Random level battle [unfinished]:
Unfinished mode randomly picks an unfinished level from the database. The first kuski to finish it wins and the battle is stopped. Can be vote skipped if clearly impossible level.
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

i agree
ToMaT
tej
Kuski

Post by tej »

Good ideas
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

Dark battle:
Everything is black except you and the objects. Level is revealed on every part of a polygon that you touch with a wheel or head, much like the bloodied surfaces when dying in Super Meat Boy.

Head only battle:
Some variations have been mentioned already, but my idea is that all apples and flowers must be collected (eaten) with head. If touch any object with a wheel it counts like it would touching a killer and your run ends.