how do you rate levels?

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

specter2
Kuski

how do you rate levels?

Post by specter2 »

it has come to my attention that people are not pleased with the ratings i give to levels and i'm not exactly sure why that is, so i'd like to start a discussion about the topic.

first thing i'd like to mention is that i have played this game for over 20 years. over 20 years. do you understand how long time that is? do you understand how many levels i have played during that time? is it really that big of a surprise that something you randomly created in five (or fifteen) minutes doesn't exactly compete with the best of the best levels created in the whole history of this game? i mean seriously.

next about the rating system i like to use. i always think in a scale of 1-5 first because it's easier. if the level doesn't do me anything, the default rating is 3 which converts to 6 in 1-10 scale and usually falls to 5 unless there's something that actually feels alright in the level. if the level feels boring or annoying i start with a 2 which converts to 4. further annoyances, unflowyness, ugliness etc can result in even lower rating if the level simply isn't fun or pleasing to play. if the level feels good and interesting i will start the rating process from 4 which converts to 8. But 8 is already so high rating that usually those fall back to 7, unless good feeling is stable. It is important that level is actually really fun to play to get a good rating. 9 and 10 are probably out of reach for most of the battle levels, just like only one movie and two tv series i have rated with 10.

and here some generic plus and minus things

+ flow
+ grass
+ multistyle
+ interesting idea
+ pleasant shaped polygons
+ balanced

- pixel apple/flower
- killers
- spin
- volt/brake whatever start that requires other than gas/turn button press
- boringness (a lot of (smooth) driving horizontally)
- too much air

and of course you should always remember that everything's subjective, everyone's entitled to their opinion, and my ratings shouldn't discourage you to make levels
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Re: how do you rate levels?

Post by Bludek »

I guess a lot of kuskis do not really care about the rating system and use it as follows: "!lev 10 = I liked this balle a lot". And that's it.

When I start a balle and someone writes "!lev 6", it means to me that there were several flaws in the lev and that it could have been much better.
Howerever, if someone writes "!lev 10", I write "thx" and I go make another lev.
spectre wrote:9 and 10 are probably out of reach for most of the battle levels, just like only one movie and two tv series i have rated with 10.
Why would you even compare basic balle levs to the best levels ever made?
It would make no sense to spend 5 hours making a perfect 20-mins battle lev and likewise it makes no sense to compare battle levs and for example Wcup levs.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

Bludek wrote: 11 Feb 2021, 15:12 Why would you even compare basic balle levs to the best levels ever made?
It would make no sense to spend 5 hours making a perfect 20-mins battle lev and likewise it makes no sense to compare battle levs and for example Wcup levs.
that's weird, i never thought about it like that, i compare levels to levels without a context and it makes perfectly sense to me
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

hmm, imo there are 3 concepts of "level":
1) Level
2) Battle level
3) (?)

If just Level.. its like any other art like film/song imo: its good, if you regularly return to it.
Duno.. it can have none of "+" (no grass, pics and so on), and lot of "-" (unhoylable), but it is good anyway. hmm:/

Battle level: it depends on players and the atmosphere at all. and on battletime ofc. and on tightness of toptimes... Really, some bad lev can be a cool battle with limited time and big amount of players.
Cup levs also like battles imo.

when began to write this post, had 3 categories in mind, but forgot 3rd one:/
My levs and other Elma things: sites.google.com/view/elma-andry + youtube
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I don't rate, I just give concrete feedback and say what I liked and disliked clearly so that people can actually understand what I think about the level instead of trying to infer something from numbers that mean different things to everyone.
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

iCS had already reverse engineered your rating system earlier viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8667&start=450#p265262

NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

specter2 wrote: 11 Feb 2021, 13:26 first thing i'd like to mention is that i have played this game for over 20 years. over 20 years. do you understand how long time that is? do you understand how many levels i have played during that time?
that doesn't grant you a superiority of opinion
hi im arzenik :>
elmzuke.lev is the greatest piece of art ever created
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

ArZeNiK wrote: 12 Feb 2021, 06:29
specter2 wrote: 11 Feb 2021, 13:26 first thing i'd like to mention is that i have played this game for over 20 years. over 20 years. do you understand how long time that is? do you understand how many levels i have played during that time?
that doesn't grant you a superiority of opinion
and who claimed anything like that? stop twisting my words to push your own agenda.
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

Orcc wrote: 11 Feb 2021, 20:31 iCS had already reverse engineered your rating system earlier viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8667&start=450#p265262

it's funny because it's almost true
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

kuchitsu wrote: 11 Feb 2021, 18:40 I don't rate, I just give concrete feedback and say what I liked and disliked clearly so that people can actually understand what I think about the level instead of trying to infer something from numbers that mean different things to everyone.
of course, giving a numeric rating is not supposed to give anyone any in-depth information, it's just a rating and serves another purpose
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

specter2 wrote: 12 Feb 2021, 09:13
kuchitsu wrote: 11 Feb 2021, 18:40 I don't rate, I just give concrete feedback and say what I liked and disliked clearly so that people can actually understand what I think about the level instead of trying to infer something from numbers that mean different things to everyone.
of course, giving a numeric rating is not supposed to give anyone any in-depth information, it's just a rating and serves another purpose
what purpose?

imo kuchitsu's immediate feedback makes more sense in the context of quick online battles :head:
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

Bludek wrote: 12 Feb 2021, 11:28
specter2 wrote: 12 Feb 2021, 09:13
what purpose?

imo kuchitsu's immediate feedback makes more sense in the context of quick online battles :head:
i find it very strange having to explain the concept of ratings, it's like you suddenly just decide to act dumb or something? if this community doesn't like numeric ratings then perhaps that feature should be removed.
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

I just thought you had more to say about the purpose, so I asked. nvm then. There's obv no need for explaining general concept of ratings.

and of course you should always remember that everything's subjective, everyone's entitled to their opinion, and my comments shouldn't discourage you to use numeric ratings
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Did you change nicknames? I dont play online much anymore but don't recognize your name from when belma came out.

I think it is good thing if people don't automatically rate !lev 10, you would appreciate their opinion more.

I see peoples motivation to !lev 10 as:

-empathetic type person and dont want to upset the lev maker
-maybe they troll and would see this topic and always do lev 10 now or just think its fun to type it
-they may want to encourage the battle maker to make more levs, despite the quality so they can keep playing
-maybe they really just think more levs then not are top quality

Ofc subjective so no point arguing about, but interesting how people rate yes.
God Bless America
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Moved the nick change posts to another tropic since it shouldn't matter what nick is used for rating levels
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

!lev 10
Because all levels have something. <3 :apple: :flower:
[i cruise, i lev, i live]
Henkka
Kuski

Post by Henkka »

Imo at first I was annoyed of the awsj rating. Maybe because I was just to the normal eol !lev10 praising or quiet chat. But yes the scale is from1 to 10 and all levs are not 10s. Good to have feedback, whether it's blank number or an occasional "sick lev" comment. Nowadays a !lev 6 from awsj feels good. You kind of get used to it :D

Maybe in the future if the lev is a !lev 3 you could give some feedback on why it sucked. Don't hate, participate.

And yes also to the point that a lev can be a !lev1 but battle still a 10.
ofta
Kuski

Post by ofta »

imo ppl are overthinking it

!lev 10 = nice lev
!lev 9/8/7 = pretty nice but something off
!lev 6/5/4 = annoying lev but not worst ever
!lev 3/2 = personal attack of the designer
!lev1 = just horrible lev
farnsworth
Kuski

Post by farnsworth »

at least someone is doing it) keep it up)
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

ofta wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 00:04 imo ppl are overthinking it

!lev 10 = nice lev
!lev 9/8/7 = pretty nice but something off
!lev 6/5/4 = annoying lev but not worst ever
!lev 3/2 = personal attack of the designer
!lev1 = just horrible lev
Thats a good scale I also probaly use. Mebe !lev 10 = sik nice lev
[i cruise, i lev, i live]
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

no reason to rate lev if its not nice. of if its not awful. just lazy
imo !lev system is excessive, need to reduce it to !good (+1)/!bad (-1) or smth

if anyone cares at all
My levs and other Elma things: sites.google.com/view/elma-andry + youtube
BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

I rate like this:

!lev10 if I feel the battle was quite much more fun than the avrage and the lev was made pretty (pictures, grass, polyshapes.)
!lev 9 Same as above, but the designer excluded the beauty aspect in his lev making. (often enough if it lack grass.)
!lev 8 quite fun balle

And I usually don't bother doing lower ratings than that. Cause, why should I...

!lev 5 and lower I would take as a personal attack unless it came with an constructive explanation on why the low rating.

Sidenote: To my aknowledge, the rating system do not have a purpose other than showing your opinion in the EOL chat.
No list of best lev maker of the month, or top 10 alltime designer lists been created...
That would been something, huh? Maybe more ppl would put more effort into making levels that are actually something other than a five minute sketch.` :gaa: :beer:

Machester United. :twisted:
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

1 = unfun bad lev
5 = average lev
10 = very good lev
Team SPEED

Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

BlaZtek wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 21:03 And I usually don't bother doing lower ratings than that. Cause, why should I...

!lev 5 and lower I would take as a personal attack unless it came with an constructive explanation on why the low rating.
This sums up my thoughts too. I generally don't wanna know, that my lev was average. I know that most often myself :lmao: But if I spent time and (a tiny bit) of effort to make balle for those 3-5 mans online from the middle of nowhere in Finland or Russia, it is preferred to hear nice things or nothing at all.
iltsu
37mins club
Team: EF

Post by iltsu »

Fun fact: awjs/ville_j hasnt rated any lev 9 or 10 since 2012 and 8 was very rare too. Hard to believe that there wasnt any !lev 9 or !lev 10 levels in the thousands of balles that he has played since.
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

I don't compare levels to other levels, only the current experience matters.
Most important aspect to me: am I having fun in the level?
And that's completely independent of visuals, ideas, maybe even flow.
Even the most average looking flat track made of random clicks can be great fun.
Good visuals can increase enjoyment, but doesn't help if the gameplay feels garbitch.
So roughly: good pastime: !lev 10 ... waste of time: !lev 1

But spying is a different category, because the same level can be !lev 1 when i play it, and !lev 10 when spying some pro. (for example: most of the internal levels)
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

iltsu wrote: 17 Feb 2021, 15:13 Fun fact: awjs/ville_j hasnt rated any lev 9 or 10 since 2012 and 8 was very rare too. Hard to believe that there wasnt any !lev 9 or !lev 10 levels in the thousands of balles that he has played since.
nice stat!!!! seems that ville is not completely honest, but has some bias. sadly, he will probably find another excuse, defying the laws of math
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

you could say rating depends on if you had fun in lev.

if you had fun strongly depends on annoyingness of style you choose. often faster style/move can define how annloying the lev is, but then the rating would depend on if the player found it.

imagine int54, apple harvest, is given to you as a balle and you found current wr styles in it instantly. youd get freaking pissed off just trying to get past 20s of the level even with super unsatisfyingly unclean ride within the 60mins that youre given. do you give lev 2/10 rating cuz its annoying as fuck, pixelish and unplayable? well, you can... but imo you just failed at choosing styles, despite having a mastermind idea.

then imagine int01, super plain map. but how many styles are there. i can imagine mega fun/satisfying 15:00 style (except its just super slow, but it exists), there is okfun 14:50 hoyla style, there is 14:30 working karlis style, there is 14:10 not-so-ez jeppe style, 14:00 hard/radnom zweq style, 13:80 imposs annoy wtf dani style. you choose what style u gonna do. and im sure these options apply to every battle, or every lev, its just not so clear to see

and it is naive to expect a level maker to predict every players' idea and make sure none of their ideas is "annoying" to try. therefore i often find rating levels so subjective that its pointless to do at all, because all levs have a dozen of variations, its all up to you. all levels are good, its your choices that are bad!

balles are about balancing possibilities vs reality/time given. and so are all levels, outside of battles too. if you were to make perfect ride anywhere, youd go crazy.

...just my point of view. i myself have preferences too, sure i do... i often wish i see X level type over Y. but how much of it comes jjust due to the cause of me not being able to find the fun in Y of playstyle over type X? i dont feel like disliking a level is fair just cuz i didnt find it comfortable myself, jsut because im blind to catch the satisfactionary range of it. the lev had possibilities, fault was on my side
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

abruzzi wrote: 18 Feb 2021, 00:06
iltsu wrote: 17 Feb 2021, 15:13 Fun fact: awjs/ville_j hasnt rated any lev 9 or 10 since 2012 and 8 was very rare too. Hard to believe that there wasnt any !lev 9 or !lev 10 levels in the thousands of balles that he has played since.
nice stat!!!! seems that ville is not completely honest, but has some bias. sadly, he will probably find another excuse, defying the laws of math
i just started rating levels consistently in 2020, you can stop the witch hunt and get on with your lives
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

internal 10/10
external 0/10
[carebox]
Dorknoob
Kuski

Post by Dorknoob »

I think battle rating has a lot to do with context as well... when you queued, how many ppl online, or levs in the queue, etc.

awsj gave me a !lev 5, I wasn't offended. I agreed it was just an average level at best. I obviously want to make good levs all the time but doesn't end up being like that. Battle's should have variety anyways, not all levs should be super serious competitive. Quickly drawn up levs queued for shorter times make the good levels better IMO. Also it plays into the fact the elma is just an interesting game and even levels that look so bad on first glance can have interesting styles and make for acceptable battles.

So, no shame in queuing levs where ppl give you 4 or 5, it doesn't matter, as long as you know how good your levels are and don't queue them for too long, or too often, or at the wrong time.
adi
36mins club

Post by adi »

For battles only:

!lev 10 - if I enjoyed the battle A LOT or battle level was very special/unique in some way (happens quite often)

cool lev - hmm could say this about so many battle levels. Almost any battle level could fall into this category if I'm at right mood

if level was bad or it had some major flaws I might consider giving some specific feedback...usually just telling if there was too little time or if cruise ff had too confusing parts or misleading arrows. If normal battle level is bad...usually it's very okay, ez can have nice tight competition anyway.

I guess using numeric rating system would feel weird and it usually just confuses ppl. I'm using quite strict rating system for movies and music (7 = good, 6 = enjoyable/fine, 5 = ok/average) but at the same time in eol context seeing !lev 6 often feels some kind of insult. It's only natural that ppl get upset or annoyed.
Team MiE
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Worth mentioning that !lev and !rec was introduced with the intention of collecting it and showing average rating and such on the website*. So using it is not necessarily meant as feedback to the designer. For the sake of stats it makes sense to also rate when it's not a ten, otherwise it might as well be a thumbs up/down system.

(*while it's not implemented currently it has been in the past and could be again retroactively)
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Kopaka wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 18:20 Worth mentioning that !lev and !rec was introduced with the intention of collecting it and showing average rating and such on the website*. So using it is not necessarily meant as feedback to the designer. For the sake of stats it makes sense to also rate when it's not a ten, otherwise it might as well be a thumbs up/down system.

(*while it's not implemented currently it has been in the past and could be again retroactively)
And this is essentially my approach. A linear scale designed to try to facilitate the statistics that the system was implemented for.

I don't need numbers to give feedback, I give feedback descriptively.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

its has come to my attention that some people somewhere are claiming that i've been calling them "retard etc" and i'd like to take this opportunity to clarify that it is not true and i hope people would stop spreading lies about me.

what i have said is things like "retard end/trick" which is of course about the level and not the level maker. however i do understand how someone might find that a bit offensive so i will try to use more neutral expressions once again.

what others can do is stick to facts and look at your own behavior, i have received a lot of personal insults and hate because i rate levels wrongly in your opinion.
tej
Kuski

Post by tej »

specter2 wrote: 8 Jan 2022, 11:40 its has come to my attention that some people somewhere are claiming that i've been calling them "retard etc" and i'd like to take this opportunity to clarify that it is not true and i hope people would stop spreading lies about me.

what i have said is things like "retard end/trick" which is of course about the level and not the level maker. however i do understand how someone might find that a bit offensive so i will try to use more neutral expressions once again.

what others can do is stick to facts and look at your own behavior, i have received a lot of personal insults and hate because i rate levels wrongly in your opinion.
Calling anything anyone's created a "retard <whatever>" is rude as hell.
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

tej wrote: 8 Jan 2022, 21:12Calling anything anyone's created a "retard <whatever>" is rude as hell.
calling people by names, making personal insults and spreading false information and accusations to make a person look bad is rude af
tej
Kuski

Post by tej »

specter2 wrote: 11 Jan 2022, 12:28
tej wrote: 8 Jan 2022, 21:12Calling anything anyone's created a "retard <whatever>" is rude as hell.
calling people by names, making personal insults and spreading false information and accusations to make a person look bad is rude af
By false information and accusations are you referring to my non-editorialized statistics? If you think numbers quantifying how you speak are "accusations" then it probably says a lot about the things you're saying.
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

well if you read my post you first quoted you would know what im talking about
tej
Kuski

Post by tej »

specter2 wrote: 11 Jan 2022, 20:52 well if you read my post you first quoted you would know what im talking about
Yes. I did. In your first post you said you call people's "ends" (the end of their levels) retarded. Say I made a painting, and you said it had retarded brushstrokes or a retarded composition, it'd be the same thing. So that's rude. That's what I said. Calling something people make retarded is rude.

Since you brought up insults, I'd like to bring up the moment in 2020. Do you remember when we argued about your baseless criticism of levels and how it was rude a few years ago? The entire premise of the argument was that I was saying it's rude for you to say things like "lev 1" and offer nothing constructive, and as a retort you were using the fact that I insulted you as a reason why I'm rude and my opinion is not valid. The thing is: I never insulted you by calling you a monkey. I told you that I didn't many times but you continued to bring it up as an example of how I insulted you.

My comment was a reference to the well known Infinite monkey theorem. My comment implied you are like the ultimate monkey at a typewriter in the thought experiment -- a master of the game, pressing every key in the perfect sequence to perfectly win every battle (a complement, not an insult). I was absolutely not using the term monkey to insult you. The point of the comment was obviously to point out how you were exceptionally good at playing the video game. You then latched on to the word monkey, and either intentionally or unintentionally misunderstood my comment as an insult, because you wanted a reason to say I was also rude.

For further clarification: I said the millions of monkeys were in India because that is a common place for tech companies to relocate high volumes of labour. It would also be a likely place to find a million monkeys because there are plenty of species of monkeys that exist there. The "jeff" I brought up, the CEO of Amazon, was chosen because he is super rich and runs a tech company. Given that my comment was misinterpreted as a racist insult, it's unfortunate that I chose India for the location of the elastomania-playing-monkey farm. I was absolutely not trying to make a racist comment about Indians, I was talking about literal monkeys.

I would like to say that after five days and a thousand messages I think we worked this out and came to an agreement. Anyone is welcome to see the chat log of me and awsj peacefully moving on during the conversation leading up to 2020-05-29 12:09:29.

There are many things I said which understated just how insulting the word monkey is when it is intended to be used as a racist insult. That was a mistake and I'm sorry for that. I now understand how the term is actually used in that manner by other people. I want to be clear: This is not an apology for using a racist slur against you, because I never did. I'm apologizing for not taking into account just how derogatory that word could be had it been used in a derogatory way.
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

well i don't know why you brought that up now since we did indeed resolve that incident already back then, and the accusations, insults and false information i was referring to in my post have nothing to do with that or you in any way.

and just to clarify, it seems you think i might have taken your post about my rating stats somehow negatively but that's not the case. i found it interesting, analytical, objective, intelligent and funny.
tej
Kuski

Post by tej »

specter2 wrote: 11 Jan 2022, 23:43 well i don't know why you brought that up now since we did indeed resolve that incident already back then, and the accusations, insults and false information i was referring to in my post have nothing to do with that or you in any way.

and just to clarify, it seems you think i might have taken your post about my rating stats somehow negatively but that's not the case. i found it interesting, analytical, objective, intelligent and funny.
You direct quoted me and responded with "calling people by names, making personal insults and spreading false information and accusations to make a person look bad is rude af" so forgive me for thinking you were talking to me.

But ok.

I wanted to clear the air about that anyways because having what somebody interpreted as a racist remark in the past is not something I want people to think I'd do.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

At this point probably best to just acknowledge that the two of you aren't going to see eye to eye and to move on.

Please stop calling people's work "retarded". There is no constructive value to be had in such a term and it's now been made clear that such vitriolic "feedback" is unwelcome. If previous indications weren't enough, please allow my response to make it beyond clear that no, people in general are not interested in having their work or person referred to as "retarded" or anything similar. If you're going to provide negative feedback, explain what felt bad and what you might have done differently.

Similarly, there is nothing wrong with awsj voting however he pleases. Move on.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

tej wrote: 12 Jan 2022, 00:27 You direct quoted me and responded with "calling people by names, making personal insults and spreading false information and accusations to make a person look bad is rude af" so forgive me for thinking you were talking to me.
i was talking to you but not about you. in my initial post i explained what (i heard) had happened and why i'm making the post in the first place and i thought the people who it concerns would know it themselves. but you are right, these posts are confusing and easily misinterpreted. i haven't even seen the discussion(s) that have taken place and i don't know who has said what so unfortunately i can't give any detailed pointers to exact lines and people. also i don't keep a count on the personal insults and accusations that i mentioned later in the post, so i can't give direct quotes of those either. i just brought it up to remind that there is a lot of questionable verbal activity in the chat. i could name a couple of people but i'm not going to do that unless i have the exact quotes in my hands.
Grace wrote: 12 Jan 2022, 07:05If you're going to provide negative feedback, explain what felt bad and what you might have done differently.
this is something i've talked about in the past already. i didn't use to rate every level i played, i used to comment on them and point out which parts i perhaps didn't like or what was wrong about in general in my opinion. when i did that, people told me to shut up and quit whining, learn to play etc. so after a while i completely stopped writing any comments about the levels and resort to consistently giving a numeric rating for the level. this of course wasn't accepted either as we all know by now. so no, there simply isn't any way in this community to not like a lev and somehow imply it without someone getting insulted which is ridiculous in my opinion.
tej
Kuski

Post by tej »

Grace wrote: 12 Jan 2022, 07:05 Similarly, there is nothing wrong with awsj voting however he pleases. Move on.
You can do whatever you want, but if those things are going to offend people then it's better to not do them. Why should awsj be so determined to let people know he doesn't like their stuff?
specter2 wrote: 12 Jan 2022, 09:01 there simply isn't any way in this community to not like a lev and somehow imply it without someone getting insulted which is ridiculous in my opinion.
I mean... seriously? If it's so hard to imply you don't like something without offending people then keep it to yourself. Why should you be so adamant to share your negativity when it would be easier to keep it to yourself and there would be no chance of hurting anyone's feelings.
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

tej wrote: 12 Jan 2022, 10:09I mean... seriously? If it's so hard to imply you don't like something without offending people then keep it to yourself. Why should you be so adamant to share your negativity when it would be easier to keep it to yourself and there would be no chance of hurting anyone's feelings.
because i think it's normal, fun and valuable information to rate things and have stats about them. if people would rate things only when they like it the whole stats become biased and pointless. should the replay rating possibility be also removed and stop anticipating an actual level rating (which i've been looking forward to) system on eol site too? all kinds of constructive comments on how to improve level playability or visuals should be forbidden? i see this as a very problematic path to go down to, only to serve a couple of people who don't like their work to be criticized in any way. there are people who don't mind the low ratings or critique. if i make a lev i really don't mind if people rate it 1 when they don't like it, and i also don't mind if they call something retarded especially if it is a spot that ruins 90% of everyone's rides. i find it interesting to hear what people think about my creations whether it is on the positive or negative side. after all i make levels mostly because it's fun to spy a battle and watch the replays, and it doesn't change the experience for me even if none of the players liked the lev.
iltsu
37mins club

Post by iltsu »

Problem with awsj raitings is that even retard can see they are biased.
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

iltsu wrote: 12 Jan 2022, 17:30 Problem with awsj raitings is that even retard can see they are biased.
elaborate?
iltsu
37mins club

Post by iltsu »

[/quote]
elaborate?
[/quote]

1250 battles played and not even !lev 9. I dont buy it. You have just chosen your path and cant get away from it. I bet u havent watched 1250 tv series, yet you rated 2 of those !10. But then cant give even !9 to one of 1250 battlelevs. Bullshit.
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

well you can't really compare tv shows and battles. i pick the tv shows i watch very carefully so 99% of crap is already filtered out before i even get to see an episode and give a rating. had i watched 1000 random series that were just aired on tv/internet and rated them i bet the spread of my voting would be very different.

also i have already said that 9-10 rating is very unlikely for a battle level because people just don't put that much effort in them. the type of levels i like also seem to be very rare in the battles. you can call it bullshit for all i care, but you are creating the problem in your own head.