Most awkward experience you remember regarding outsiders' reaction to elma stuff?

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

ArZeNiK
37mins club

Most awkward experience you remember regarding outsiders' reaction to elma stuff?

Post by ArZeNiK »

e.g. i remember when i was like 12 and my mom asked me why there was a naked woman on my taskbar - it was eol nitro...(fuk u dawid - jk)
what's your story?
(maybe move to non elma related discussion idk)
hi im arzenik :>
elmzuke.lev is the greatest piece of art ever created
ribot
Not banned

Re: Most awkward experience you remember regarding outsiders' reaction to elma stuff?

Post by ribot »

Once I was playing at a friend's house and some of his friends were coming over. I was playing elma and ESCed, and some guy asked why I did that, what was wrong with that ride.

Well the weirdest was probably when my mom's guy said that they used to hate that I play that game, just out of the blue recently, when they haven't seen me playing for years. I had no idea they had such an opinion or why they would. I don't even know if it's true since that guy says some weird stuff sometimes.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Pocho
Kuski
Team: CMR

Re: Most awkward experience you remember regarding outsiders' reaction to elma stuff?

Post by Pocho »

I just remember saying I was 3rd best Argentine in highschool and people either not believing, or making fun of my nerdiness.
Once some highschool friend came to house and prompted me: "Show you're good!", first lev I open I made MAX NAB DEATH and he called BS. Then he didn't stay so I could prove him wrong.

I made it my life purpose to show'em I'm the real deal...

not really
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

ArZeNiK wrote: 10 Sep 2021, 16:48 e.g. i remember when i was like 12 and my mom asked me why there was a naked woman on my taskbar - it was eol nitro...(fuk u dawid - jk)
what's your story?
(maybe move to non elma related discussion idk)
"hey son, why is there a naked woman on ur taskbar, arent u gay? this wont convince me, i know u are!"

*sophisticated joke here, u have big problems if dont understand it
Team SPEED

iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

Really the most awkward is when somebody knows what Elma is, happened to me only about twice.
It's not that awkward when I'm on a long train journey with a bunch of friends and I start practicing Stolen Internals in offline mode and some people start laughing hard because wtf game.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Can't recall any particularly awkward situations, but I don't think there's anyone that I haven't managed to convince of the value of the game and the community when it came up, after I tell them about all the friendships and fems etc :) I think even my mom started to accept that I'm not retarded going to a farm in Finland to meet other players of a game from 2000 :D Took a while tho...