EOL 2022 Recap

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Pocho
Kuski
Team: CMR

EOL 2022 Recap

Post by Pocho »

Heya! I figure we could have our own recap thingy since these seem to be trendy right now. Share here what you think are the most memorable moments and perks of EOL-Related things that have taken place in 2022.

Here's mine:

- Sju250.lev. Ramone's huge FF, which is an ode to EOL in my view. The lev is huge but mostly huge effort, it's basically perfection. I have given it a rating over/100 in a rigurous way, and that was !lev 9.98

- 8x8FF2.lev (or something like that). Huge collaborative lev/event organized by Leek, edition II. The lev had finally been completed even though we had delays and Leek burned out at one point, other mans picked up the ball and made it happen. I think it's historic that this was the first 60+ minute battle, with 120 minutes. There's definitely territory to explore with this 180-min max battle duration in 2023.

- EOL new updates and features by Markku. Things like Apple Battle with disappearing apples is just game changing forever. A whole new standard and imo one order of magnitude better battle type now that this is done. Also some things like FPS in-game change with commands, this is also equally game changing. Shoutout to Markku for all those other things I'm omitting too.

- elma.online (official EOL site) new updates and features. I.e.: Statistics, User Interface, automatic rec uploads (!). These things keep EOL going forward in my view. Thanks a lot Kopa and Dorknoob, and everybody involved.

- Gsla2 pack/event/weekly battles. This is I believe the most hyped ongoing event weekly-battle-ish type. Levs are all highly curated and high quality. Also the effort Sla puts in keeping the event hyped is awesome. Thanks a lot!

Honorable mentions:

- Blaztek's BZK pack/event/video. Was fun!
- danitah's ANID packs/events
- barryp's APTL even though we could have enjoyed more follow up, but the levels are high effort and amazing.
- iCS video editing rampage of ancient cups and uploading them to YouTube. Keep them coming! This is amazing!
- Zero coming back to EOL and kicking ass!

Go on don't be shy and shoutout your personal favorite things that occured in EOL in 2022.

Happy new year everyone, and here's for a better 2023. :beer:
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Re: EOL 2022 Recap

Post by Hosp »

zweq
ToMaT