WHEN WILL ELASTO MANIA DIE?

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

BarTek wrote:As long as moposite "hook" noobs into elma scene the game will be alive.
Absolutely. And the patch factor is there, too. Just think about mila patches bringing new content into the game (I'm not talking about the FPS limiter, but about baalelma and such). A stable version and some publicity, and here is longevity of virtual reality! :)

P.S.: Is there any fact behind the wikipedia claim that "there won't be any [Elasto Mania sequel] after all"? The page is in the need for some heavy editing, I believe...
FW
Kuski

Post by FW »

Well, according to deathclock.com, Elasto Mania will die Thursday, January 27, 2084, so maybe the TT will hit 34:xx? :D My guess is that Elasto Mania is a non-smoker, and that its BMI is under 25

...I'm sick.
http://tinyurl.com/yz6ak9 - Home of ANB, FWPP and BO pack
Old nick: Wezz
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

I just opened a VERY detailed Elma topic in an Israeli gamers forum. So far a few ppl have already stated that they want to join the elma scene. I hope we'll see some new Israeli players soon (hate being the only active one).
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Wke ya it is much more fun if you have some other players in your country playing too. Got to find a way to get it more popular in canada and showed it to my friends and i think some of them like the game just no one has sent in any times as of yet.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

oh and one more thing. Viva Elma!
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

Elastomania will probably never 'die'

Unless we define such 'death'
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

different question, when will berh die?
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

Seriously Lukazz, when will you stop with these lame posts?
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

when berh stops posting pointless posts in old topics
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Lukazz wrote:different question, when will berh die?
haha max =D irl rofled at this one
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Honza
38mins club

Post by Honza »

elma will never die, I'm working on international spreading of elastomania right now :D elma forever :!:
TT: 38:36,51 || team SPEED || Islands WR
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

Lukazz wrote:when berh stops posting pointless posts in old topics
Well, Lukazz actually I had a point in posting this. After a recent rough 'discussion' in an also old topic, "Will Milagros destroy Elma???", in which there has often been agitated the weft of Elma death or its less vitality I tried to get you think about what death for Elma would actually be. 1 year with no WR? Less people playing belma at all? No posts on Mopolauta for 14 days?

In fact some could say that, comparing to what was going on the scene 3, 4, 5 years ago, the death has already come. Serious replay begging, many secret internal styles, many various cups... Remember that, guys? Maybe defining it would help to know what could be long and to know how to counteract to that.

Xiphias wrote:
Lukazz wrote:different question, when will berh die?
haha max =D irl rofled at this one
Xiphias, I'm a guy, 3 months younger than you, I quite respect you and your Elma life, also some of your internal times, but really cannot do the same with laughing at somebody's death time. Although some of my irl enemies (not even through-net) have died, and one will do soon beause of cancer :(, I never even thought about their death nor was pleased when the bad thing happened. I have always liked you (remember even being in same team?), but such actions aren't really good, but low... I hope it's just your mistake or a bad day, because I guess neither you would like anyone to laugh at your death, as it was in my "Cruisal recs" topic, where after I presented my recs you - completely no idea why - posted:
Xiphias wrote:I think we should have a vote..

something like

U like berh.
Yes - No

I'd saying Hell No

Yes 0 - No 1
then
Xiphias wrote:lol now that i think about it.. this topic isn't sach mongo as i thought it was.
Cruising.. not only sharing best time replays.. :roll: :roll:
my bad :oops:
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Honza wrote:elma will never die, I'm working on international spreading of elastomania right now :D elma forever :!:
try to spreading belma to faroe islands =P..
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

ofcourse i don't want anyone to die. not even the guys i hate the most.. not even my mongo ex gf.. but i've just found you a bit annoying at the scene lately.. cheating.. flooding or whatever the belma server..

sorry if it really hurt you. But maybe you should try to cool down for a while and not trying to show us what's wrong around here and spamming.

Just lay low for a while and you'll gain some respect again.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

lol come on berh, do you really think i would be happy if you would die neither me nor xiphi would be...

and what has
Serious replay begging
to do with the death of the scene?
it just tells us that internaliste became more generous
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

keep on fucking up the ftp and maybe it will die faster
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

Elasto Mania died in Israel :(

I am the only active kuski in the Middle East, actually. And it sucks. Could you Scandinavians please tell me how do you spawn new players? I mean, I can hardly get into the Finnish top50 list - how do you do that?? Is this your national game or something? Do you pay for commercials on TV? Is there a huge billboard in the road leading to Helsinki which says "Play Elma today! moposite.com"?

Seriously, I need some advice.
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »

I saw Oleg-Netanya in the LOS cup results, you can talk too him.
Olliz
Kuski

Post by Olliz »

It will never die. This little game has spread its roots all over the internet. There will be always someone playing and always someone mongoing about it in teh irk. If there would be only 2 guys playing the game and interacting, that would still be a scene. #across will never be totally abondaned.
"Now sonn the mettings start . See you i am happy Laestadian if i die to night i come to the heaven.see you" (c)marcus (random swe elma player)
Sla
36mins club

Post by Sla »

Olliz wrote:It will never die. This little game has spread its roots all over the internet. There will be always someone playing and always someone mongoing about it in teh irk. If there would be only 2 guys playing the game and interacting, that would still be a scene. #across will never be totally abondaned.
totally agree with you OlliZ!
wow OlliZ is here...i cant believe it
i love you man :***
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

WkE wrote:Elasto Mania died in Israel :(

I am the only active kuski in the Middle East, actually. And it sucks. Could you Scandinavians please tell me how do you spawn new players? I mean, I can hardly get into the Finnish top50 list - how do you do that?? Is this your national game or something? Do you pay for commercials on TV? Is there a huge billboard in the road leading to Helsinki which says "Play Elma today! moposite.com"?

Seriously, I need some advice.
Think about welfare countries, geographical position(5~ month winter) and culture.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Zweq wrote:Think about welfare countries, geographical position(5~ month winter) and culture.
Come to think of it, in Sweden this guy succesfully submitted to welfare due to his "metal problem". Did any of you guys apply for welfare by declaring yourself ill on elma? :P